PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the Elite Prospects this year in the ratings?

Thunder&Lightning
12-29-2007, 01:02 PM
oviously mcfadden is an elite prospect maybe C.Long

BamaFalcon59
12-29-2007, 01:05 PM
Darren McFadden
Chris Long
Jake Long
Glenn Dorsey

And maybe take out Jake Long and Chris Long (no relation).

diabsoule
12-29-2007, 01:23 PM
Dorsey
C. Long
J. Long
DMac

d34ng3l021
12-29-2007, 01:38 PM
Darren McFadden
Glenn Dorsey
Chris Long

badgerbacker
12-29-2007, 03:04 PM
I'd say just Dorsey and McFadden. Chris Long will be a solid player but I don't think he'll ever be in the conversation with the best DE's in the NFL.

RaiderNation
12-29-2007, 03:10 PM
DMAC
Matt Ryan
Dorsey

regoob2
12-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Mcfadden and Dorsey should be the only 2 elites. I could see teams passing on anyone else.

BufFan71
12-29-2007, 07:40 PM
DMAC
Matt Ryan
Dorsey

i hope u are joking about Matt Ryan

P-L
12-29-2007, 07:41 PM
I personally don't feel that there is truly any "elite" prospect in this draft, although McFadden and Dorsey are close.

SuperKevin
12-29-2007, 07:44 PM
I don't think Dorsey deserves to be considered an "elite' prospect. Personally I think I like Sedrick Ellis more

dcarey20
12-29-2007, 07:54 PM
For me, McFadden and Chris Long are the two 'elites' in this class. Next closest is Glenn Dorsey. After that I don't feel anyone is near elite.

Shane P. Hallam
12-29-2007, 08:18 PM
It will just be DMac and Dorsey IMO.

foozball
12-29-2007, 08:42 PM
I dont think Chris Long will/should be labeled an elite prospect.

If you compare him to Mario Williams or Julius Peppers when they were coming out, he doesnt really come close as far as physical measurables go. Long has good measurables, but not elite measurables. His motor and football IQ are great though, but I don't think those intangibles put him on the level of those players.

Sportsfan486
12-29-2007, 09:24 PM
I personally don't feel that there is truly any "elite" prospect in this draft, although McFadden and Dorsey are close.

You really don't have McFadden as an elite prospect? What's your reasoning for that?

I can see Dorsey being left out but McFadden has everything you look for and with AD's NFL success it's sure to increase his value, also.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-29-2007, 09:27 PM
What does AD have to do with DMac other than the fact that they're both RBs?

Paranoidmoonduck
12-30-2007, 12:13 AM
Personally, right now, the only one I would give it to is McFadden.

I'd say that, depending on how the offseason unfurls, Glenn Dorsey and Chris Long both stand a decent shot at receiving the label, while players like Jake Long and Vernon Gholston have very outside shots.

There's a long way left to go, and there's a lot more things to be examined.

BroadwayJoe10
12-30-2007, 12:22 AM
How does one exactly garner an elite title. Is it based on this season's performance, combine results, nfl potential or a combination of them?

Paranoidmoonduck
12-30-2007, 12:25 AM
How does one exactly garner an elite title. Is it based on this season's performance, combine results, nfl potential or a combination of them?

Well, it is a measure of their profile as an NFL Prospect, so I suppose it would take into account all possible factors. I don't know by what method Scott derives his elite prospects though.

BroadwayJoe10
12-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Well, it is a measure of their profile as an NFL Prospect, so I suppose it would take into account all possible factors. I don't know by what method Scott derives his elite prospects though.

Thanks. Than, I am not sure. As of now the only person I would give it to is McFadden. I do beleive with an impressive combine Gholston as an outside shot at it though.

Solomon
12-30-2007, 11:33 AM
I dont think Chris Long will/should be labeled an elite prospect.

If you compare him to Mario Williams or Julius Peppers when they were coming out, he doesnt really come close as far as physical measurables go. Long has good measurables, but not elite measurables. His motor and football IQ are great though, but I don't think those intangibles put him on the level of those players.

Since Long is expected to be around 270-275 lbs and run a 4.75-4.80 40, I can see where you're coming from. But prospects can also exceed combine expectations (Look at David Harris, Mark Anderson, Luis Castillo etc). I wouldn't be shocked if he weighed in around 285 lbs, ran a 4.70 40 and puts up a vertical of 35+ inches (he was a high school slam dunk champion). It's obviously hypothetical but until we see his triangle numbers we won't know for sure. We'll just have to wait until combine/pro days...

Iamcanadian
12-30-2007, 01:42 PM
I'd put 3 into the elite class now although I am sure that when the post season is complete including the combine and personal workouts, the total will rise to about 10.
My top 3 are Dorsey, McFadden and Gholston but as the juniors workout at the combine, they will make dramatic rises up draft boards to replace seniors because they have more upside. I'm not sure yet about QB's but I'm sure before it is all said and done, one of them will make it as well.
When I use the term elite and I'm sure the pros go by this definition as well, I'm talking about players who have a real shot at being impact types not just another starter on your team, and I'm sure there will be around 10 with that kind of potential before the actual draft. You are all going to be amazed once the rumors leak out from pro teams about who sits in that catagory. That usually doesn't occur until after the Super Bowl.
It is way too early to know for sure how the pro scouts are thinking. Heck, we haven't even had the Senior Bowl yet or the combine or personal workouts.

Babylon
12-30-2007, 01:58 PM
i'm still not sure what elite means, is it like in basketball where there are like 30 superstars in the league. To me all that matters is their draft grade. If you give a Joe Thomas and an Adrian Peterson a 9.9 and you give a Jamarcus Russell and a Mario Williams a 9.8(those would be my grades) then i would grade the following;

Darren McFadden 9.9
Glenn Dorsey 9.8
Chris Long 9.8
Brian Brohm 9.8
Matt Ryan 9.8

that would be my top tier.

energizerbunny
12-30-2007, 02:02 PM
There is only one elite prospect in this entire draft.... Run DMC

This is a very meh type of year in terms of draft prospects. I wouldn't give any of the QBs higher than a mid-late 1st round grade right now, and although the Longs and Dorsey are very good they are not on that "elite" level.

Babylon
12-30-2007, 02:28 PM
There is only one elite prospect in this entire draft.... Run DMC

This is a very meh type of year in terms of draft prospects. I wouldn't give any of the QBs higher than a mid-late 1st round grade right now, and although the Longs and Dorsey are very good they are not on that "elite" level.

I think the depth in this draft is really good but a little light at the top as you mentioned. Not really sure why the QBs arent getting more attention, to me they're very good with Ryan and Brohm certainly capable of leading a team to the superbowl(well maybe not with Atlanta):)

energizerbunny
12-30-2007, 07:40 PM
I think the depth in this draft is really good but a little light at the top as you mentioned. Not really sure why the QBs arent getting more attention, to me they're very good with Ryan and Brohm certainly capable of leading a team to the superbowl(well maybe not with Atlanta):)

I should have re-phased it.... alot of depth not alot of Elite type players.

I think all three Qbs are overated to tell you the truth, they all have some glaring weaknesses and i'd be very surprised if any of them went top 10.

The potential deepest postion in the draft could be one of the weakest if alot of the top underclass declare. I could see atleast 3 Rbs going in the first round this year with as many as 5.

IMO this is the perfect year to be picking in that mid-late first. I don't think alot of teams will be wanting to shell out Jamarcus money to alot of these so called "elite" guys, because well..... I don't think they're many truely elite prospects this year.