PDA

View Full Version : Cotton Bowl Hoping To Join List of BCS Bowl Games

diabsoule
12-29-2007, 03:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls07/news/story?id=3172508

I think this would be an excellent addition. The Cotton Bowl has a lot of rich history associated with it and would be held at a brand new facility in the Dallas Cowboys stadium.

BamaFalcon59
12-29-2007, 03:23 PM
My favorite non-BCS bowl is the Chick Fil A bowl. ACC vs. SEC is fun, but that's just me.

Rich Jr
12-29-2007, 03:41 PM
My favorite non-BCS bowl is the Chick Fil A bowl. ACC vs. SEC is fun, but that's just me.Agreed, I always enjoy the Capitol One Bowl.

diabsoule
12-29-2007, 03:46 PM
My favorite non-BCS bowl is the Chick Fil A bowl. ACC vs. SEC is fun, but that's just me.

Agreed, I always enjoy the Capitol One Bowl.

I like both those games as well. I always enjoy SEC vs. ACC or SEC vs. Big XII.

What the hell am I saying? I love all SEC bowl games no matter who their playing.

Billingsley26
12-29-2007, 03:47 PM
I always like the Cotton Bowl. OFf the top of my head, I think it is SEC vs BIG XII.

It does have a rich history, and I have always enjoyed the Cotton Bowl.

KCJ58
12-29-2007, 03:48 PM

What the hell am I saying? I love all SEC bowl games no matter who their playing.

isn't the Capitol One Bowl: Big 10 Vs. SEC not the Big XII

diabsoule
12-29-2007, 03:49 PM
I always like the Cotton Bowl. OFf the top of my head, I think it is SEC vs BIG XII.

It does have a rich history, and I have always enjoyed the Cotton Bowl.

Yeah. It's SEC vs. Big XII.

Do you think if the Cotton Bowl is able to become a BCS bowl would it cause then a 5 +1 system? You'd have the Fiesta, Orange, Sugar, Rose, and Cotton plus the BCS National Championship game.

If they went to a 5 +1 system I would that would cause some realignments so conferences could field more competitive teams to try and make one of those top paying bowls.

diabsoule
12-29-2007, 03:50 PM
isn't the Capitol One Bowl: Big 10 Vs. SEC not the Big XII

Yeah. The Capitol One Bowl is Big Televen vs. SEC. It's usually a very good game.

Rich Jr
12-29-2007, 03:51 PM

What the hell am I saying? I love all SEC bowl games no matter who their playing.I do too but with a new stadium coupled with the rich history of the Cotton Bowl you almost have to add them if they do in fact decide to add another.

Another I like probably more is the Peach "Chick-Fil-A" bowl

Billingsley26
12-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Yeah. It's SEC vs. Big XII.

Do you think if the Cotton Bowl is able to become a BCS bowl would it cause then a 5 +1 system? You'd have the Fiesta, Orange, Sugar, Rose, and Cotton plus the BCS National Championship game.

If they went to a 5 +1 system I would that would cause some realignments so conferences could field more competitive teams to try and make one of those top paying bowls.

Yea, I could see it. And if they are going to add another bowl game, then yea, either they need to do some realigning or just scrap it and go to a playoff.

But the more I think of it, they may not need a realignment, but Im just all over the place, because I think the way it is now is OK, like the way they choose teams is the right way, just the people/computer system is a joke. There are so many things that they dont take into consideration.

jballa838
12-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Yeah. The Capitol One Bowl is Big Televen vs. SEC. It's usually a very good game.
not this year.
florida by 40+

adschofield
12-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Is it still going to be played at 10:30 in the morning?

Rich Jr
12-29-2007, 05:25 PM
Is it still going to be played at 10:30 in the morning?

Capital One

Michigan vs. Florida Orlando, Fla. Jan. 1, 2008, 1 p.m. ABC HD

SuperKevin
12-29-2007, 07:32 PM
So are they going to add a 6th game? Kind of takes the whole exclusiveness out of the BCS if they allow a bunch of teams to play in BCS bowls

TCU
12-29-2007, 11:21 PM
word around here is that the Cotton Bowl will take the place of 5th BCS game so no more of 2 BCS games in one city. It makes sense here and the new stadium is going to be more than insanse so i see it happening.

SuperKevin
12-29-2007, 11:23 PM
word around here is that the Cotton Bowl will take the place of 5th BCS game so no more of 2 BCS games in one city. It makes sense here and the new stadium is going to be more than insanse so i see it happening.

That makes a lot more sense than adding a 6th game

adschofield
12-30-2007, 12:14 PM
Capital One

Michigan vs. Florida Orlando, Fla. Jan. 1, 2008, 1 p.m. ABC HD

I was refering to the Cotton Bowl

Rich Jr
12-30-2007, 12:23 PM
I was refering to the Cotton Bowl

AT&T Cotton

Missouri vs. Arkansas Dallas Jan. 1, 2008, 11:30 a.m. FOX

scar988
12-30-2007, 12:56 PM

I've heard that ifthey were to add a 6th game the Chick-Fil-A Peach bowl would be the 6th game because it regularly is #5 in attendance. Also, the Cotton Bowl would be the 5th game and it would rotate every year who had the championship.

I'm still holding out for an 8 team playoff

TCU
12-30-2007, 06:10 PM
Chick Fila is great in attendence because there is always a team near Atlanta playing in it, the Cotton Bowl will be #2 in attendence behind the Rose when they play in the New Cowboys stadium which will have about 80,000 seats for the bowl games and could add up to 100,000 for other events and possibly the super bowl.

diabsoule
12-30-2007, 06:18 PM

I'm surprised there going to be doing that. It makes too much sense.

Stoopid512
12-31-2007, 10:56 AM
When oh when will we have a SEC vs. Pac-10 bowl game?