PDA

View Full Version : my 2nd mock

DRAFTMAN
12-30-2007, 09:11 AM
i forgot which week this is after but its wat better than my first mock my next mock will be a 3 rounder

1. MIAMI DOLPHINS

Pick: Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
To pass up on a future franchise face like this would be dumb, he is so versatile on the field and off (trade bait for a position they already need that’s not a rookie or more draft picks)

2. ATLANTA FALCONS

Pick: Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College
They need a new face, a leader in the huddle, and the best quarterback in the draft. Also with not the best arm potential is high.

3. NEW YORK JETS

Pick: James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio State
They need a leader on D to help improve that 30th ranked run defense and a young explosive, smart playmaker will only help.

4. OAKLAND RAIDERS

Pick: Jake Long, OT, Michigan
I really wanted to choose Chris Long or Glenn Dorsey because their d line is getting so old but they really need to protect that Franchise QB by the name of JaMarcus Russell.

5. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (FROM SAN FRANCISCO)

Pick: Malcom Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
They would love to get a reliable rush end like Chris Long but he just cant handle double teams and he would get that every down in the Pat’s 3-4 D and the Pats could lose CB Asante Samuel (cant see why he would leave).

6. ST. LOUIS RAMS

Pick: Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
They would love to get Dan Connor here or Chris Long but it all starts up front with the big hog mollies in the middle.

7. KANSAS CITY CHEIFS

Pick: Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State
Larry Johnson will never be a pro-bowler again with that O-line, this draft they will really shape it up.

8. BALTIMORE RAVENS

Pick: Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
That LB core took a big hit with the lost of Adalius Thomas but still is 3rd in Run Defense imagine how they will be with the best defensive lineman in the draft. Many people would put Brian Brohm here or an OT but why pass up an opportunity like this!!!

9. CINCINATTI BENGALS

Pick: Dan Connor, LB, Penn State
The Bengals need a young leader in the middle to improve that 23rd ranked run D and 25th ranked pass D and Connor would be a perfect fit.

10. CAROLINA PANTHERS

Pick: Chris Long, DE, Virginia
If I were them I know I would be crying happy tears because this great talent fell into their laps to help improve this struggling defense. He can be trade bait too.

11. CHICAGO BEARS

Pick: Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas
Most people would put a QB here and that’s smart too. But if they got one who would he throw it to?

12. PHILIDELPHIA EAGLES

Pick: Kenny Phillips, S, Miami
They like their young crop of linebackers, their d- line has had amazing games this year, and most of people would put a WR here but they have Westbrook, McNabb, and L.J. Smith and they would really love to refresh that backfield.

13. NEW ORLEANS

Pick: Keith Rivers, LB, USC
They could pick anyone who plays defense here because their that bad. Their o-line needs some help also but defense wins championships and hasn’t Keith won a championship? Lol

14. ARIZONA CARDINALS

Pick: Sedrick Ellic, DT, USC
Looking at their roster I cannot see how they are 11th in run defense but Sed will definitely help.

15. HOUSTON TEXANS

Pick: Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida
With the success of Mario Williams they would not be afraid to pass up on another RB (Jonathon Stewart) and they can get Mike Hart, Steve Slaton, in the second round and Joe Flacco (Delaware QB) or Chad Henne in the 3rd or 4th rounds.

16. DENVER BROMCOS

Pick: Jeffrey Otah, OT, Pittsburgh
They need to protect Jay Cutler

17. WASHINGTON REDSKINS

Pick: Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida
Talent wise Washington’s front seven is horrible but not statistically and both is bad for their DB core.

18. DETROIT LIONS

Pick: Ray Maualuga, LB, USC
We are horrible this year on defense especially pass D. Many people would put a DB here but Aqib Talib wouldn’t help not would any other DB. We better hope we have enough money to lure Asante Samuel here (imagine Ernie Sims and Ray Mauagula together in 3 years).

19. BUFFALO BILLS

Pick: Vernon Ghoulston, DE, Ohio State
Aaron Schobel can’t do it all by himself.

20. TENNESSE TITANS

Pick: DeSean Jackson, WR, California
Vince Young needs a reason to run it and LenDale White needs a reason not to run it 60 times a game.

21. MINNESOTA VIKINGS

Pick: Calais Campbell, DE, Miami
With two pro-bowlers in the middle why not add another on the end.

22. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

Pick: Jonathon Stewart, RB, Oregon
They need REAL playmakers on offense, not oldies trying to ressurect their career (Joey).
23. DALLAS COWBOYS (From CLEVELAND BROWNS)

Pick: Limas Sweed, WR, Teaxas
Someone to take the pressure off TO and boost Romo’s stats wouldn’t be bad.

24. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

Pick: Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas
Adding another playmaker in this backfield would only benefit this 13th ranked pass defense.

25. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Pick: Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College
With the age of their line they wouldn’t risk Sam Baker with that big injury from 06 and it still bothering him.

26. NEW YORK GIANTS

Pick: Xavier Adibi, LB, Virginia Tech
They could benefit very well with an explosive LB rushing to get to the opposing QB.

27. PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Pick: Samuel Baker, OT, USC
They want to refresh their old, injury hurt O-line to protect Willie and Big Ben.

28. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

Pick: Malcom Kelly, WR, Oklahoma
They need playmakers on the outside.
29. GREEN BAY PACKERS

Pick: John Carlson, TE, Notre Dame
Adding another option for Brett Farve will only help this team.

30. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS (FROM INDIANPOLIS)

Pick: Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss
The 49’ers needs to protect Alex Smith and Frank Gore.

31. DALLAS COWBOYS

Pick: Ali Highsmith, LB, LSU
The cowboys would love to put a young hard hitter in the middle with Bobby Carpenter.

Caddy
12-30-2007, 09:21 AM
Terrible Buc pick. RB is NOT a priority in this draft.

21ST
12-30-2007, 09:44 AM
Great redskins pick

Bills2083
12-30-2007, 11:10 AM
We spent $49 million on Schobel, and $25 million on Kelsay. I'm not quite sure why we signed them to those types of contracts, because they are not producing. If we didn't sign Kelsay to that large of a contract, I wouldn't be too opposed to the pick of Gholston. Also, if Gholston plays OLB for us, I'd be fine with this pick.

I'd rather go with Malcolm Kelly there.

Babylon
12-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Glen Dorsey to the Rams and the Ravens? hope he gets paid twice as much too.

BigJohn98
12-30-2007, 11:46 AM
I can't imagine Malcolm Kelly falling that far, but he would be the only receiver I would want the Jags to take.

12-30-2007, 12:16 PM
DL is a much bigger concern right now for the Raiders than OL. Atleast the OL has been overall pretty decent and a big help in the running game over the course of the season. Therefore Dorsey or Chris Long would easily be a wiser investment if available as is the case here.

DiG
12-30-2007, 02:07 PM
i forgot which week this is after but its wat better than my first mock my next mock will be a 3 rounder

17. WASHINGTON REDSKINS

Pick: Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida
Talent wise Washington’s front seven is horrible but not statistically and both is bad for their DB core.

front 7 is horrible??!? when healthy our starting lbers are some of the best in the league with McIntosh, London Fletcher, and Marcus Washington. Andre carter has 10.5 sacks this year. Cornelius is very solid at DT and Monte and Gholston have been great this year rotating in the other DT spot. We definately need an upgrade at the other DE spot but to say our front seven is horrible is just ridiculous.

as for the pick i dont like it at all. Greg Williams won't draft a cb that can't support the run defense and Jenkins isn't good enough in man on man coverage. I'd rather take his teammate in round 2.

go_ravens94
12-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Glen Dorsey to the Rams and the Ravens? hope he gets paid twice as much too.

Lol. Good pick for Ravens, but BBrohm is new BPA; Dorsey's in STL.

Don Killuminati
12-30-2007, 05:48 PM
4. OAKLAND RAIDERS Pick: Jake Long, OT, Michigan I really wanted to choose Chris Long or Glenn Dorsey because their d line is getting so old but they really need to protect that Franchise QB by the name of JaMarcus Russell. Awful. Simply awful. Can't bypass the far superior talent available for a guy who may not even be an upgrade at LT.

gsorace
12-30-2007, 06:25 PM
You should make another mock, just to be safe

thebow305
12-30-2007, 07:27 PM
what a terrible mock.... how little do you actually know? doesnt look like you have any business doing these.

DaBear89
12-30-2007, 07:57 PM
so there bears pick their 5th or 6th biggest need with their 1st. passing up OT with Otah available, QB with Brohm and Woodson who arent even taken in the 1st, S with Philips, and WR with all available. and DT depth depending on who you are. and with a RB who may or may not come out and may or may not even go in the 1st. Ur soooo good. /sarcasm