PDA

View Full Version : Official #2 pick Thread

freebirdsrams02
12-30-2007, 09:59 PM
It is about time, I thought the season would never end. The #2 pick looks good to me. There is a lot to choose from and I am sure the trade offers will be coming in as the draft gets closer. My pick right now goes to Chris Long DE Virginia.

bearsfan_51
12-30-2007, 10:02 PM
I highly doubt anyone will want to trade up into the top 5 in this draft, it's just not that top heavy.

I think the only hope to get trade offers would be if the Dolphins pass on McFadden and another team falls in love. Even then I think that's very unlikely, as I don't see any team chomping at the bit to give up later picks to give a runningback over 30 million guaranteed.

I agree with Long to the Rams however.

PossumBoy9
12-31-2007, 01:23 AM
As far as I'm concerned, there are only three players to consider at #2 overall:

McFadden
Gholston
Chris Long

GSOT
12-31-2007, 05:35 AM
I gotta go with Chris Long, unless by chance McFadden is available and we can rape a team for picks in a trade.

Tom_23
12-31-2007, 07:27 PM
Would like to take a lineman #2, in round two that is.
Hopefully Baker, Oher and Loadhodlt are all there, personally I like Oher, personal bias because i read a book about him but still.

Other options i would like a bit of a trade up to nab
DeSean Jackson
Kenny Phillips
or depending on the #2 overall Calias Campbell

yodabear
12-31-2007, 08:48 PM
Can we fire our coach 1st?

NGSeiler
01-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Chris Long is at the top of my board right now for the Rams. Then, best OT/OL available at the top of the second round.

freebirdsrams02
01-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Is this draft deeper at DL or OL this year.

Tom_23
01-02-2008, 04:34 PM
#1 Long/Dorsey
#2 A trade up maybe Kenny Phillips DeSean Jackson if they slip
William Moore is a possible name that I like

Thread Killer
01-05-2008, 05:51 PM
I'd take Chris Long or Vernon Gholston over everyone else in this draft.

holt_bruce81
01-14-2008, 12:56 AM
In my opinion it's between 3 players

Vernon Gholston
Chris Long
Glen Dorsey

I think Jake Long is the next Robert Gallery.

PossumBoy9
01-14-2008, 12:40 PM
I think Jake Long is the next Robert Gallery.

Yeah, I have my suspicions.

KCJ58
01-14-2008, 12:46 PM
In my opinion it's between 3 players

Vernon Gholston
Chris Long
Glen Dorsey

yea you could also make a case for Jake Long, but i like if we got Gholston over Long, Dorsey seems good but we just drafted a DT and i dont see Carriker playing a 4-3 DE, Jake Long might be a good pick, but there's alot of good OT in this draft that we can pick in the 2nd round, not that many good DE though also if Pace is back and so is Barron and we draft Long who do we put at Guard?

holt_bruce81
01-15-2008, 06:18 PM
yea you could also make a case for Jake Long, but i like if we got Gholston over Long, Dorsey seems good but we just drafted a DT and i dont see Carriker playing a 4-3 DE, Jake Long might be a good pick, but there's alot of good OT in this draft that we can pick in the 2nd round, not that many good DE though also if Pace is back and so is Barron and we draft Long who do we put at Guard?

I don't think Jake Long is worthy of a top 5 pick, Like you said this class has some nice OTs so in the 3rd-4th round there should still be some quality tackles available.

Rams have a lot of needs, so trading down and picking up additional picks and selecting some one like Kenny Phillips in the 1st round is something i'm all for.

But, if the Rams do stay at #2, I think it has to be one of the three defenders (Gholston, Chris Long, Dorsey) even though the Rams drafted Carriker last year, you still need another DT. Could you imagine Carriker and Dorsey clogging the middle?

My gut feeling says it's going to be Gholston or Chris Long. Gholston is going to be a stud, is a great pass rusher but does not do great against the run. And, Chris Long does everything well.

holtfan92
01-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Chris Long or Dorsey would be my pick at #2 like most of you said. Jake Long is just a no-no.. he just seems like a "bust" type player. I personally think we are better off taking tackle 2nd or 3rd round. Saftey/T/CB in the 2nd be good?

freebirdsrams02
01-16-2008, 01:55 PM
How about this:

1 - Trade to about 6/7 and take Kenny Phillips S Miami
2 - Phillip Merling DE Clemson
3 - Best OL

Tom_23
01-16-2008, 08:05 PM
How about this:

1 - Trade to about 6/7 and take Kenny Phillips S Miami
2 - Phillip Merling DE Clemson
3 - Best OL

Id trade back for Kenny, but his draft status is still in the air, if he proves to go high im all for it, then moving up to take calais campbell, take an OL, like sam baker or michael oher with the next pick, and then another miami guy in taveris gooden at LB