PDA

View Full Version : 12/31 first rounder

JagHombre22
12-31-2007, 12:06 PM
*picks 3-5 will be determined by coin flips...
I explained the top ten picks

1) Miami Dolphins: Glenn Dorsey; DT; LSU: Best defensive player in the draft, should instantly make their aging defense better. DMC is a sexy pick here but let's be real...

2) St. Louis Rams: Chris Long; DE; Virginia: Best pass rusher in the draft, can rush the passer and stop the run. With long, the Rams would have a very nice Defensive Line...on paper...

3) Atlanta Falcons: Brian Brohm; QB; Louisville: Say what you will, but Brohm is still the best QB in the draft and he'll be the first to go off the board...even with Petrino gone Brohm should still be the pick...

4) Oakland Raiders: Darren McFadden; RB; Arkansas: Best pure player in the draft, could arguably go number one overall...Oakland would have a very nice backfield of Russell, McFadden, and Rhodes...

5) Kansas City Chiefs: Jake Long; OT; Michigan: Best offensive lineman in the draft, extremely quick for his size (6'7" 320lbs), tremendous size as well...he would solidify a spiraling oline...

6) New York Jets: Calais Campbell; DE; Miami: extremely gifted pass rusher, very tall and built...almost like a Julius Peppers clone he has the range to swim by blockers and get to the quarterback...Gholston could go here as well...

7) New England Patriots: James Laurinaitis; LB; OSU: This is a luxury pick for the undefeated pats but it's also a need pick...with two extremely old linebackers as starters it's time to select replacements and Laurinaitis is as good as they come...maybe not as good as A.J. Hawk was coming out but damn near close...

8) Baltimore Ravens: Matt Ryan; QB; Boston College: This is a difficult selection to make due to the fact that Troy Smith has played well this year, but next year's draft is not exactly loaded with QB talent...and what if Smith doesn't pan out...I believe they take the chance and select Ryan and it's never a bad thing to have two very capable QB's...ask the browns...

9) Cincinnati Bengals: Sedrick Ellis; DT; USC: Boy do these guys need pass rush and defensive line help...Ellis, the runner up to Dorsey as best DT in the draft, would somewhat solidify the line to where teams would be forced to run to the outside...

10) New Orleans Saints: Antoine Cason; CB; Arizona: Pretty much the best cover corner in the draft, had a good senior season...and Lord knows the Saints need secondary help...he'd bring it...

11) Buffalo Bills: Malcolm Kelly; WR; Oklahoma
12) Denver Broncos: Vernon Gholston; DE; OSU
13) Carolina Panthers: Michael Oher; OT; Mississippi
14) Chicago Bears: Andre Woodson; QB; Kentucky
15) Detroit Lions: Sam Baker; OT; USC
16) Arizona Cardinals: Rashard Mendenhall; RB; Illinois
17) Minnesota Vikings: Malcolm Jenkins; CB; OSU
18) Houston Texans: Jonathan Stewart; RB; Oregon
19) Philadelphia Eagles: Dan Conner; LB; Penn State
20) Dallas Cowboys (f/ Cleveland): Reggie Smith, DB, Oklahoma
21) Washington Redskins: Tyson Jackson; DE; LSU
22) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: DeSean Jackson; WR; California
23) Tennessee Titans: Kenny Phillips; FS; Miami
24) Seattle Seahawks: Kevin Smith; RB; UCF
25) Pittsburgh Steelers: Ryan Clady; OT, Boise State
26) New York Giants: Keith Rivers; LB; USC
27) Green Bay Packers: Mike Jenkins; CB; USF
28) San Diego Chargers: Xavier Adibi; LB; Virginia Tech
29) Jacksonville Jaguars: Derrick Harvey; DE; Florida
30) San Francisco 49ers (f/ IND): Mario Manningham; WR; Michigan
31) Dallas Cowboys: Felix Jones; RB/KR; Arkansas
32) New England Patriots: FORFEIT

BigJohn98
12-31-2007, 12:07 PM
I'm not sold on Harvey. Harvey hasn't impressed me this year.

BigJohn98
12-31-2007, 12:13 PM
Also, Kevin Smith has said he's staying in school.

Bills2083
12-31-2007, 12:15 PM
I'd rather take Malcolm Jenkins in the 1st, and someone like Sweed or Bowman in the 2nd.

Twinblade
12-31-2007, 12:18 PM
*picks 3-5 will be determined by coin flips...
I explained the top ten picks

1) Miami Dolphins: Glenn Dorsey; DT; LSU: Best defensive player in the draft, should instantly make their aging defense better. DMC is a sexy pick here but let's be real...

2) St. Louis Rams: Chris Long; DE; Virginia: Best pass rusher in the draft, can rush the passer and stop the run. With long, the Rams would have a very nice Defensive Line...on paper...

3) Atlanta Falcons: Brian Brohm; QB; Louisville: Say what you will, but Brohm is still the best QB in the draft and he'll be the first to go off the board...even with Petrino gone Brohm should still be the pick...

4) Oakland Raiders: Darren McFadden; RB; Arkansas: Best pure player in the draft, could arguably go number one overall...Oakland would have a very nice backfield of Russell, McFadden, and Rhodes...

5) Kansas City Chiefs: Jake Long; OT; Michigan: Best offensive lineman in the draft, extremely quick for his size (6'7" 320lbs), tremendous size as well...he would solidify a spiraling oline...

6) New York Jets: Calais Campbell; DE; Miami: extremely gifted pass rusher, very tall and built...almost like a Julius Peppers clone he has the range to swim by blockers and get to the quarterback...Gholston could go here as well...

7) New England Patriots: James Laurinaitis; LB; OSU: This is a luxury pick for the undefeated pats but it's also a need pick...with two extremely old linebackers as starters it's time to select replacements and Laurinaitis is as good as they come...maybe not as good as A.J. Hawk was coming out but damn near close...

8) Baltimore Ravens: Matt Ryan; QB; Boston College: This is a difficult selection to make due to the fact that Troy Smith has played well this year, but next year's draft is not exactly loaded with QB talent...and what if Smith doesn't pan out...I believe they take the chance and select Ryan and it's never a bad thing to have two very capable QB's...ask the browns...

9) Cincinnati Bengals: Sedrick Ellis; DT; USC: Boy do these guys need pass rush and defensive line help...Ellis, the runner up to Dorsey as best DT in the draft, would somewhat solidify the line to where teams would be forced to run to the outside...

10) New Orleans Saints: Antoine Cason; CB; Arizona: Pretty much the best cover corner in the draft, had a good senior season...and Lord knows the Saints need secondary help...he'd bring it...

11) Buffalo Bills: Malcolm Kelly; WR; Oklahoma
12) Denver Broncos: Vernon Gholston; DE; OSU
13) Carolina Panthers: Michael Oher; OT; Mississippi
14) Chicago Bears: Andre Woodson; QB; Kentucky
15) Detroit Lions: Sam Baker; OT; USC
16) Arizona Cardinals: Rashard Mendenhall; RB; Illinois
17) Minnesota Vikings: Malcolm Jenkins; CB; OSU
18) Houston Texans: Jonathan Stewart; RB; Oregon
19) Philadelphia Eagles: Dan Conner; LB; Penn State
20) Dallas Cowboys (f/ Cleveland): Reggie Smith, DB, Oklahoma
21) Washington Redskins: Tyson Jackson; DE; LSU
22) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: DeSean Jackson; WR; California
24) Seattle Seahawks: Kevin Smith; RB; UCF
25) Pittsburgh Steelers: Ryan Glady; OT, Boise State
26) New York Giants: Keith Rivers; LB; USC
27) Green Bay Packers: Mike Jenkins; CB; USF
28) San Diego Chargers: Xavier Adibi; LB; Virginia Tech
29) Jacksonville Jaguars: Derrick Harvey; DE; Florida
30) San Francisco 49ers (f/ IND): Mario Manningham; WR; Michigan
31) Dallas Cowboys: Felix Jones; RB/KR; Arkansas
32) New England Patriots: FORFEIT

Your nuts if you think we will pick Brohm over McFadden, Sorry but no QB is worthy of the top 5 pick.

derza222
12-31-2007, 12:21 PM
Gholston would definitely be a better pick than Campbell for the Jets.

skinzzfan25
12-31-2007, 12:40 PM
Tyson Jackson?

Really?

Bluedevil$
12-31-2007, 02:02 PM
Gholston would definitely be a better pick than Campbell for the Jets.
I don't know how Campbell projects in the 3-4... could be pretty good hybrid DE/OLB guy, but I think Gholston is a much safer pick. I wouldn't be upset with either though.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-31-2007, 02:08 PM
I agree on Brohm being the best QB, but Darren McFadden is the pick their.

JagHombre22
12-31-2007, 02:28 PM
I just don't know if they put another season in the hands or Redman...I know he's played well the last two games but I can just see them being smart and picking a QB...

BuckNaked
12-31-2007, 02:50 PM
Desean Jackson for the Vikings would be better.

Jakey
12-31-2007, 02:54 PM
I'm not a fan of Ryan Glady to be honest...i wouldnt mind Ryan Clady though :)

Seasonticketholder
12-31-2007, 03:02 PM
Again, #10 seems too high for Cason. Great cover-corner but his speed is a question. He will have to prove that he has elite speed to accompany his superior coverage skills. I think Malcolm Jenkins or Kenny Phillips would make more sense for the Saints at #10. A case could even be made for Keith Rivers.

T-RICH49
12-31-2007, 03:11 PM
awesome KC draft

go_ravens94
12-31-2007, 03:53 PM
Ryan's a good pick... would rather have Jenkins there.

TACKLE
12-31-2007, 04:12 PM
I don't know how Campbell projects in the 3-4... could be pretty good hybrid DE/OLB guy,

Are you serious? You're saying that you think a 6'8 280 DE should play OLB. I know that he would rush the passer but he still has to cover TE's, RB's, and slot recievers. He is way to big not play him as a D-Lineman. I agree that he is a better fit a 4-3 but if a 3-4 team picked Calais he would definitely play him at DE.

Bluedevil$
12-31-2007, 08:14 PM
Are you serious? You're saying that you think a 6'8 280 DE should play OLB. I know that he would rush the passer but he still has to cover TE's, RB's, and slot recievers. He is way to big not play him as a D-Lineman. I agree that he is a better fit a 4-3 but if a 3-4 team picked Calais he would definitely play him at DE.

First off I said olb/de, not just olb. And he would probably only play olb situationally (ny did it a few times with shaun ellis). He has a big frame so he has room to add weight but I'm not sure if he will be able to stop the run as a 3-4 de.

Yung Flippa
12-31-2007, 08:52 PM
Solid Ravens pick.

iloxygenil
12-31-2007, 08:58 PM
McFadden > Brohm for ATL...though if we have to take a QB I hope Brohm is the guy.

Ewing
01-01-2008, 07:20 PM

That is by far the worst pick I've seen in any mock for the Titans. We just drafted a FS in the first round named Michael Griffin. We don't need another one.

FrankTheTank
01-01-2008, 08:17 PM
I would rather have Gholston over Campbell for the Jets, but wouldnt complain if we took Calais.

bored of education
01-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Great KC pick!

Diehard
01-01-2008, 10:47 PM
That is by far the worst pick I've seen in any mock for the Titans. We just drafted a FS in the first round named Michael Griffin. We don't need another one.

Seems to be a trend - Denver ended up with Gholston despite using their first two picks in the last draft to get Moss and Crowder... and of course we've got a young guy named Dumervil who seems to be decent at rushing the passer.

Anyway, we'd be happy to take Phillips. We sure as hell could use a safety...

RaiderNation
01-02-2008, 01:56 AM
You forgot to mention Fargas the 1,000 runner for oakland. good raider pick though