PDA

View Full Version : Myron Rolle

badgerbacker
12-31-2007, 04:27 PM
So I'm watching the Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl right now and I haven't really watched many Florida St. games, so I've been trying to watch Myron Rolle.

My first observation was that he is a big dude. I've known he was big, but I had no idea he was this big. He looks like a linebacker. Secondly, I noticed on one play, he was outrun by the Kentucky running back. Now I don't really know much about the speed of the back, but this raised some questions for me about Rolle's speed.

I guess my question is, and I don't know if this should be in the draft section or here, but what is Myron Rolle's position at the next level? I know he was a top safety recruit, but does he have the speed to play there in the NFL? Just looking at him, he looks like he could be a linebacker, but I figured I'd ask for someone who has seen him play more than I have.

Edit: I just searched, and found there has already been a topic on him and how he is doing this year, but I missed it before. I guess hopefully this one will focus on how he projects at the next level.

BigJohn98
12-31-2007, 04:42 PM
He'd be better off switching to linebacker in the NFL. He's doing horrible as a safety. He is sloooooow.

fenikz
12-31-2007, 04:44 PM
very overrated imo, he isn't very good in coverage especially in man to man coverage

gstock05
12-31-2007, 06:40 PM
I watched his highschool highlights when he was being recruited, and never really understood why he was such a hyped recruit.

BamaFalcon59
12-31-2007, 08:19 PM
A Thomas Davis (former Georgia University strong safety and now NFL linebacker with the Carolina Panthers) type.

Texas Homer
12-31-2007, 10:05 PM
I can see him as a top 15 pick when he enters the draft. He needs to improve his game most of all and he needs to get a lot stronger, but he's a very smart player.

VoteLynnSwan
01-01-2008, 02:03 AM
So I'm watching the Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl right now and I haven't really watched many Florida St. games, so I've been trying to watch Myron Rolle.

My first observation was that he is a big dude. I've known he was big, but I had no idea he was this big. He looks like a linebacker. Secondly, I noticed on one play, he was outrun by the Kentucky running back. Now I don't really know much about the speed of the back, but this raised some questions for me about Rolle's speed.

I guess my question is, and I don't know if this should be in the draft section or here, but what is Myron Rolle's position at the next level? I know he was a top safety recruit, but does he have the speed to play there in the NFL? Just looking at him, he looks like he could be a linebacker, but I figured I'd ask for someone who has seen him play more than I have.

Edit: I just searched, and found there has already been a topic on him and how he is doing this year, but I missed it before. I guess hopefully this one will focus on how he projects at the next level.

if the Kentucky RB was Rafael Little... well Little is pretty quick.

01-01-2008, 02:10 AM
A Thomas Davis (former Georgia University strong safety and now NFL linebacker with the Carolina Panthers) type.

Which means you would also expect him to be a first round prospect. Very possible with next year expected to be a weak draft.

BuddyCHRIST
01-02-2008, 12:10 AM
im an FSU fan and he's very overrated. He's an excellent form tackler and doesn't miss many when he's in position. But he takes alot of bad angles and you don't see it a whole lot, but he is just not that fast. Rafael Little smoked him yesterday. This whole him being a very smart football player is a little BS just because he's smart in the class room. That TD to Tamme in the 1st yesterday had alot to do with him not stepping up at all even though there was no one in his area. I think he'd be a better fit at WLB but he does okay as an in the box safety he just has alot of work to do.

DWilliams2IndyColts
01-02-2008, 12:25 AM
Doesn't he run a 4.4?

yourfavestoner
01-02-2008, 01:04 AM

Perfect comparison.

jballa838
01-02-2008, 01:07 AM
I watched his highschool highlights when he was being recruited, and never really understood why he was such a hyped recruit.
antrel and Samari are why.

badgerbacker
01-02-2008, 02:25 AM
antrel and Samari are why.
I'm pretty sure he's not related to them at all.

Matthew Jones
01-02-2008, 08:57 AM
He reminds me of a better version of Darnell Bing a bit.

brat316
01-02-2008, 09:03 AM
yeah none of the rolle's are related

Bing where is he now, saftey drafted by oakland from USC to play lb didn't pan out.

nhlkdog411
01-02-2008, 09:28 AM
best i've heard/seen is low 4.5 out of highschool, but we all know how those times go...