PDA

View Full Version : James Hardy

LE_WM_JP
12-31-2007, 05:00 PM
Today is the turn of this monster 6'6 220 to show up. I really like his production and he seems to have all the tools to be a star at the next level. Is it possible that he could end up as a top 15? The talent is there. MO he can if he works out better than Kelly

BamaFalcon59
12-31-2007, 05:04 PM
I had no idea this game was coming on right now. Thank you.

Don Killuminati
12-31-2007, 06:56 PM
So how many drops does Hardy have now? 3? 4?

Real big guy coming up real small in a big game. Hard to get excited about this guy.

gdamac
12-31-2007, 06:59 PM
So how many drops does Hardy have now? 3? 4?<br/>
<br/>
Real big guy coming up real small in a big game. Hard to get excited about this guy.

Bowman is showing him up a little, he's a senior. Obviously more well rounded. Hardy looks like he doesn't want to block, Bowman is hunting for someone to hit.

Don Killuminati
12-31-2007, 07:21 PM
Bowman is a horse. No doubt. I thought he was hurt, though. Must not have been as bad as I thought...or else I was thinking of a different WR.

Hardy looks every bit the 5th round pick that Scott said he was. Maybe the USBA is more his game.

toonsterwu
12-31-2007, 08:48 PM
Not watching the game, but I'm not a huge fan of Hardy. I think, with development, he could be a solid player, but all this first round talk is a bit of a stretch. I'm not sold he can separate at the next level.

As for Bowman, his value seems to be up in the air. Some seem to question whether or not Bowman can separate at the next level, while others have comapred him to Boldin. For Bowman, that 40 time will be huge for his draft stock.

georgiafan
12-31-2007, 09:59 PM
I though Bowman had the better game, did anyone else think Mayock and Sharpe did a excellent job calling the game? A lot better then the NFL crew.

Don Killuminati
12-31-2007, 11:47 PM
They talked more junk than commentary...but it was still more entertaining than Bryant frickin' Gumbel.

Hines
01-01-2008, 01:33 AM
I was at the game. Bowman is a really good reciever, they use him out of the slot a lot. I like Dez Bryant, so you guys watch out for him. But Hardy got contained easily by Perrish Cox. Nothing bad against Kellen, but he is not a quarterback, he is an athlete. Hardy would be a lot better if he had a good qb. Hardy played two deep balls badly, which he should've caught. He also dropped a touchdown and first down that could have kept his team in the game. Bowman and Bryant both played better then Hardy.

01-01-2008, 01:39 AM
They talked more junk than commentary...but it was still more entertaining than Bryant frickin' Gumbel.

Cant expect much different when you have Mike Mayock calling a game. Hes a draft expert so hes bound to give his two cents on some of the draft eligible players in the game.

adamprez2003
01-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Hardy had a very off game but I liked the way he finished. Made a couple of nice catches during the end. Certainly not the performance many were expecting but it shouldnt overshadow his body of work

cardsalltheway
01-01-2008, 10:15 AM
This was probably Hardy's worst game all season, for those that haven't seen him play before, I would take it with a grain of salt when judging him as a prospect. I think some people do in fact overrate him with their projections, such as saying he is a top 15 guy. But his hands (which usually show up) and crisp routes definitely help him to make up for his lack of elite speed. Him running a slant is unbeatable.

ShutDwn
01-01-2008, 10:16 AM
I was at the game. Bowman is a really good reciever, they use him out of the slot a lot. I like Dez Bryant, so you guys watch out for him. But Hardy got contained easily by Perrish Cox. Nothing bad against Kellen, but he is not a quarterback, he is an athlete. Hardy would be a lot better if he had a good qb. Hardy played two deep balls badly, which he should've caught. He also dropped a touchdown and first down that could have kept his team in the game. Bowman and Bryant both played better then Hardy.

But I guarantee you neither are better receivers. Bowman is a better blocker, but Hardy was the best receiver in the game, he had an extremely off night.

It was funny though, because the announcers had obviously never watched IU. They thought that the Zone read that IU runs is our bread and butter, when in fact it is the biggest waste of time for us. We executed it as we have all season, it was worthless to us yet again but we still ran it.

Hines
01-01-2008, 10:21 AM
But I guarantee you neither are better receivers. Bowman is a better blocker, but Hardy was the best receiver in the game, he had an extremely off night.

It was funny though, because the announcers had obviously never watched IU. They thought that the Zone read that IU runs is our bread and butter, when in fact it is the biggest waste of time for us. We executed it as we have all season, it was worthless to us yet again but we still ran it.

I wouldnt doubt both are not on Hardys level. But I wouldnt say that far off. Bowman has everything you want in a reciever, while I think Hardy has only size. He has decent hands in my opinion, he needed to step up, and he didnt. Thats not what big players do. I have no doubt that Hardy will be a great player in the pros, but he needs to work on his hands. I will tell you this, if Hardy came to the Steelers, I would not be mad whats so ever.

ShutDwn
01-01-2008, 10:29 AM
I wouldnt doubt both are not on Hardys level. But I wouldnt say that far off. Bowman has everything you want in a reciever, while I think Hardy has only size. He has decent hands in my opinion, he needed to step up, and he didnt. Thats not what big players do. I have no doubt that Hardy will be a great player in the pros, but he needs to work on his hands. I will tell you this, if Hardy came to the Steelers, I would not be mad whats so ever.

How many times have you watched Hardy?

Hines
01-01-2008, 10:34 AM
How many times have you watched Hardy?

Twice, against PSU, and last night. I was impressed against PSU, but last night, I wasnt.

badgerbacker
01-01-2008, 01:17 PM
I watched Hardy against Wisconsin and he was terrible. He looked slow, ran bad routes and had 2 or 3 drops. I didn't watch the game yesterday, but if that was his worst game he must have been awful.