PDA

View Full Version : RND 1 with explanations

masonriggs
12-31-2007, 09:39 PM
First Round

01. Miami Dolphins (1-15) - Glenn Dorsey
Bill is going to try trade out of this pick to fill many needs of this team. Cowboys might be intrested to get McFadden but he could get McFadden @ #3 if he wanted to beacuse Miami and the Rams have 2 very good RB's so Cowboys will wait to trade up if they do. Miami could go with a QB but there isnt a 100% #1 overall QB this year like Carson Palmer was.

02. St. Louis Rams (3-13) - Jake Long
Rams have a good QB when healthy so i dont see them drafting 1 in the first RND this high, Chis Long could be the pick but they drafted Adam Carriker last year.

03. +Atlanta Falcons (4-12) - Matt Ryan
Atlanta could go with a couple of players at this point [Matt Ryan,Brian Brohm,Andre Woodson,or McFadden] I feel they go with a QB over a RB beacuse they still have Norwood, Jerious that is very capable of being a very explosive RB. I have them takeing Matt Ryan over the other QB's beacause I feel he is the most NFL ready. But they good go with another QB after watching them in the combine.

04. +Oakland Raiders (4-12) - Chris Long
I feel the Raiders get a great steal with Chris Long at the #4 pick! Chris Long will be a great success in NFL a Pro Bowler as early as year #2 or 3. Chris Long has a great motor that always goes 100% which Lane Kiffin will love. Chris Long I feel will be the best player in this draft when we look back 10 yrs from now!! Although it will be hard to pass up the great running back McFadden.

05. +Kansas City Chiefs (4-12) - Ryan Clady
The Chiefs need help on the front line to help protect there young QB and open holes for Larry Johnson. LOOK FOR THE COWBOYS TO POSSIBLY TRADE UP HERE TO STEAL MCFADDEN!!!!

06. New York Jets (4-12) - Darren McFadden
NYJ get also a great steal if Dallas isnt able to trade up for McFadden. They could go with a QB because Pennington isnt gunna cut it and Kellen Klemenons isnt a franchise QB. But Mcfadden is to good of a playmaker to pass up which the Jets are in need of.

07. New England Patriots (from SF (5-11)) - James Laurinaitis
Patriots will go defense it depends though if they go with a DB or LB. I feel Seau will retire they will have to go with James Laurinaitis or Dan Connor or maby take a chance on the phisyical beast of the draft Vernon Gholston. But they will end up going with the automatic LB James Laurinaitis.

08. Baltimore Ravens (5-11) - Brian Brohm
Ravens need a franchise QB to help lead this team back to the playoffs. Its between Brohm or Woodson and it will depend once again on the combine.

09. Cincinnatti Bengals (7-9) - Sedrick Ellis
Bengals are in need of a defensive pressence, they could go with Vernon Gholston,James Laurinaitis, or Derrick Harvey. But I feel they go with Sedrick to help them against the run and the pass.

10. New Orleans Saints (7-9) - Malcom Jenkins
Saints have a HORRIBLE pass D-fense they could go with on of the other talented CB's in this draft or Kenny Phillips but I feel the go with Jenkins Because he is the most NFL ready CB that played in the most big games.

11. Denver Broncos (7-9) - Dan Connor
Denver is in need of D-fense help. There D-Line under preformed but they spent to early picks last year on very talented D-fensive Linemen. If Lynch retires after this year they could go with Kenny Phillips but they have to shutdown corners to help against the pass.

12. Buffalo Bills (7-9) - Mike Jenkins
Bills need help defending against the pass and Mike Jenkins is a great corner that would help them right away. They could also go with Kenny Phillips but Mike Jenkins would help them the most against the pass.

13. Carolina Panthers (7-9) - Kenny Phillips
Panthers would get a great value pick at this point of the drat Kenny Phillips could end up being the next great saftey to come from Miami.

14. Chicago Bears (7-9) - Andre Woodson
The Eagles are going to resign Donavan which means he will not be on the Bears. This leaves a huge hole at QB.

15. Detroit Lions (7-9) - Sam Baker
Lions need's help on the frontline for the pass and run. They have outstanding your Wr's and a capable QB and a bunch on RB's.

16. Arizona Cardinals (8-8) - Vernon Gholston
Arizona lands on a great passrusher to help the young secondary. They could also go with Derrick Harvey or Calais Campbell but Gholston can also play linebacker because of his great speed.

17. Minnesota Vikings (8-8) - Calais Campbell
Vikings have 2 great D-tackles but they are missing that great edge rusher. Calais Campbell is a BEAST at rushing the QB.

18. Houston Texans (8-8) - Felix Jones
I see them taking Jones who has had a great year backing up MCFADDEN! But he might not come out which would lead them to picking Jeffrey Otah or Jonathan Stewart

19. Philadelphia Eagles (8-8) - DeSean Jackson
With Donavan back they need a deep threat to help them stretch the field. Jackson is the best deep threat WR in the draft. They could go with Limus Sweed but they already have big enough WR's.

20. Dallas Cowboys (from CLE (10-6)) - Limas Sweed
With Owens and Glenn getting older the Cowboys might be looking for a future big play WR to go with Tony Romo. They Might go with a DB but I feel Jerry Jones will want the big WR Limas Sweed and they have to take him know or Tampa Bay will take him with the 22nd pick.

21. Washington Redskins (8-8) - Jeffrey Otah
The Redskins have a solid D-fense and a great Runningback with a young QB they could use the help on protecting both of them.

22. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (9-7) - Kieth Rivers
Tampa Bay has a good D-fense that is getting older. They could go with a WR but Gruden wouldnt be willing taking a WR this early. And Gruden knows that D-fense wins championships.

23. Tennessee Titans (10-6) - Malcolm Kelly
Vince Young needs a playmaker at WR to help him become a better passer Mario Manningham is also a possiblity but Malcolm Kelly is a great WR and I think they will chose him.

24. Seattle Seahawks (10-6) - Jonathan Stewart
Seattle had the 20th best rushing attack. Sean Alexander isnt getting any younger and has injury waiting to happen. Jonathan Stewart is a very phyiscal back that can also run outside the tackles.

25. Pittsburgh Steelers (10-6) - Michael Oher
Steelers have a great D-fense along with a great running attack, but there OT is a freeagent and they might want a young replacement

26. New York Giants (10-6) - Aqib Talib
Giants are in need of a great young DB to help sure up there secondary. Aqib Talib is a perfect pick.

27. Green Bay Packers (13-3) - Leodis McKelvin
Packers have already a good young core on D-fense but they could get younger at CB.

28. San Diego Chargers (13-3) - Ali Highsmith
This LB is for real and could add depth to the already great charger D!

29. Jacksonville Jaguars (11-5) - Mario Manningham
The Jags have a great rushing attack and a good D. They could use a true #1 WR to help Garrard.

30. San Francisco (from IND (13-3)) - Early Doucet
The Niners need a playmaker at Wr to help there offense. Doucet has great hands and runs routs well and comes from a winning program.

31. Dallas Cowboys (13-3) - Antoine Carson
Cowboys have a solid team but it doesnt hurt to get a good young Corner.

32. New England Patriots (16-0) -NONE!!!! THEY CHEAT BAF

Tampa 2 4 life
12-31-2007, 10:12 PM
Bucs don't need a LB.

Yung Flippa
12-31-2007, 10:14 PM
Would MUCH rather have Malcolm Jenkins for the Ravens.

Bills2083
12-31-2007, 10:21 PM
The Bills have the 11th pick in the draft

Don Killuminati
12-31-2007, 10:21 PM
I cussed for months about how bad Oakland's timing was when they had the #1 pick last year. Top pick in weak class. Ugly.

This year, picking 3 or 4? Perfect. Chris Long would make my head spin. We need a DT more than anything. But with Dorsey off the board, Long would be amazing.

Xiomera
12-31-2007, 10:47 PM
15. Detroit Lions (7-9) - Sam Baker
Lions need's help on the frontline for the pass and run. They have outstanding your Wr's and a capable QB and a bunch on RB's.

I would much, much prefer Gholston here instead. I think this may be a little high for Baker, who didn't have a great Senior year.

iloxygenil
12-31-2007, 10:53 PM
Uh...you have Andre Woodson in consideration as a top 3 pick...give me a break. Falcons select McFadden at 3 if he's there.

BigJohn98
12-31-2007, 10:58 PM
Why does everyone give us Mario Manningham? Our receivers are fine. We need a pass rush 100x more than we do a receiver.

Young Legend
12-31-2007, 11:50 PM
McFadden > Chris Long

DWilliams2IndyColts
01-01-2008, 01:43 AM
Finally, a good Vikings mock. I hate when people give us Harvey when Campbell's available

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-01-2008, 01:46 AM
McFadden > Chris Long
as a prospect maybe but Long is easily top five worthy,Al wont be able to pass up on Howies son and above all else RB may not even be a need and even if it is DE is a bigger need.

01-01-2008, 01:53 AM
It would be very hard for the Raiders to pass on McFadden if hes still there. In that case you go BPA and look to fill other prominent needs like DL in the upcoming rounds at good value. Frank Okam, Quentin Groves, Lawrence Jackson, etc. would work in round two.

01-01-2008, 01:58 AM
as a prospect maybe but Long is easily top five worthy,Al wont be able to pass up on Howies son and above all else RB may not even be a need and even if it is DE is a bigger need.

It would most certainly test Als loyalty. In this case I would prefer going BPA with still some great players that fill more desirable needs available later on at good value.

neko4
01-01-2008, 03:01 AM
I dont know too much about McKelvin

Caddy
01-01-2008, 05:08 AM
Gruden wouldn't take a WR this early? Michael Clayton says hi.

Twinblade
01-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Why is it that everybody here always have us going QB? When will people get off that overrated QB jock strap because of what This site said or espn says "how great" he is?

thebow305
01-01-2008, 12:05 PM
decent phins pick, would rather a trade down or gholston though

jdb1972
01-01-2008, 05:29 PM
Carolina's not going to spend a first round pick on a safety, given their issues on both offensive and defensive lines, as well as WR and RB.

T-RICH49
01-01-2008, 05:34 PM
5 is way to high for Clady IMHO.Give us Jenkins and then we can get Chris Williams in RD 2