PDA

View Full Version : Best underclassman QB's

Texas Homer
12-31-2007, 10:55 PM
Matt Stafford Georgia- He'll be a Jr. next year. He has a big time arm and is a winner. I watched his high school highlights and thought this kid had elite,elite talent. It has taken Stafford some time to adjust to the speed of the college game, but I still think he will get it all together and eventually be a high draft pick and play well in the NFL.

Ryan Mallett Michigan-He'll be a Soph. next year. HUGE arm and excellent pocket presence. He doesn't get rattled easy and doesn't have happy feet. His only downside is that he has no wheels . I think he will play in the NFL as well, He has a boatload of talent and potential. He has a winning background too.

Patrick Sanchez- He'll be a Jr. next year. He has a strong arm and was really highly rated coming out of high school and has had excellent coaching in college. He struggled in the playing time he got this year, but he plays for USC, and USC has more talent at Sanchez's disposal than most colleges so I think Sanchez will put up good numbers over the last 2 years at USC. I think Sanchez will get the nod over Mustain at USC because of his knowledge of the offense. I think Sanchez will play in the NFL.

Mitch Mustain USC- He will be a Soph. next year. The kid is a winner and has a really big arm. I think he is a better QB than Sanchez, but I think Sanchez will start over him. Mustain will eventually take over at QB at some point and shine whenever he does. He will play in the NFL.

Ryan Perrilloux LSU- He will be a Jr. next year. He has a HUGE arm and can scramble around in the pocket.He has a lot of talent around him at LSU. He will play in the NFL.

Colt Mccoy Texas- He will be a Jr. next year. He is a scrappy QB and is a winner. He just finds ways to win. He has a lot of talent around him at Texas. He needs to find a way to strengthen his arm and needs to improve his decision making. Before this year I would have compared him to a young Troy Aikman. He didn't have as good of year as I and others expected him too and threw for 17+ints. I think Mccoy will get better and continue to improve over his last 2 years at Texas.

Tim Tebow Florida- He will be a Jr. next year. He has a strong arm, a Heisman and a NC. He is also a extremely strong and tough runner. He is a winner and makes strong decisions. I think he will get drafted high and play in the NFL.

who am I missing?? and who am I wrong/right on?

Xiomera
12-31-2007, 11:02 PM
Patrick Sanchez- He'll be a Jr. next year. He has a strong arm and was really highly rated coming out of high school and has had excellent coaching in college. He struggled in the playing time he got this year, but he plays for USC, and USC has more talent at Sanchez's disposal than most colleges so I think Sanchez will put up good numbers over the last 2 years at USC. I think Sanchez will get the nod over Mustain at USC because of his knowledge of the offense. I think Sanchez will play in the NFL.

Isn't is Marc Sanchez?

jballa838
12-31-2007, 11:08 PM
Wrong on Tebow, Jake Locker is better!

junior2430
12-31-2007, 11:46 PM
Donovan Porterie - New Mexico

He will be a junior next year. 9-4 career record as a starter. Good mobility and good arm. Needs to work on accuracy and consistancy. It should help that he won't have to learn a new offense this year, as UNM has switched OC's every year he's been here. Threw for 354 yards in the NM Bowl this year.

Rich Jr
12-31-2007, 11:48 PM
Tebow will get a chance in the NFL. His throwing ability is vastly underrated.

No one has the jump pass Tebow has.

kwilk103
01-01-2008, 12:53 AM
jarrett brown---wvu

he'll be a jr next year; better thrower than white, not as good as a runner, but still good

good arm; good size

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-01-2008, 01:27 AM
Kevin Riley Cal: Has good size.Very accurate arm.Decent arm strength.Mobile.Good decision making.

VoteLynnSwan
01-01-2008, 02:08 AM
Isiah Williams (Illinois): Will be a JR. Solid size, great strength, good arm strength, decent accuracy. Great leader, and a team player. Needs to work on his consistency in the passing game.

Comparison: Michael Robinson (with a better arm)

01-01-2008, 02:15 AM
Isiah Williams (Illinois): Will be a JR. Solid size, great strength, good arm strength, decent accuracy. Great leader, and a team player. Needs to work on his consistency in the passing game.

I really like his potential. Easily one of the better dual threat QBs in the nation.

badgerbacker
01-01-2008, 02:41 AM

This is a guy with a career 48% completion percentage. He is extremely raw right now and I think he is one of the most overrated QB's in the nation. Right now I would say he compares to Tarvaris Jackson but even less developed as a passer.

neko4
01-01-2008, 03:07 AM
Armanti Edwards from App St is a JR next year, best dual threat QB in I-AA

SuperKevin
01-01-2008, 03:35 AM
Ryan Mallett Michigan-He'll be a Soph. next year. HUGE arm and excellent pocket presence. He doesn't get rattled easy and doesn't have happy feet. His only downside is that he has no wheels . I think he will play in the NFL as well, He has a boatload of talent and potential. He has a winning background too.

If Rich Rodriguez implements the spread then Mallet will be either forced to transfer or lose his starting job.

SuperKevin
01-01-2008, 03:36 AM
You forgot Dan LeFevour who gives you all the stats Tim Tebow does with twice the passing ability.

KCJ58
01-01-2008, 03:36 AM
where's Rudy Carpenter? he's amazing!

KCJ58
01-01-2008, 03:37 AM
You forgot Dan LeFevour who gives you all the starts Tim Tebow does with twice the passing ability.

starts or stats?

SuperKevin
01-01-2008, 03:38 AM
Where is Sam Bradford is the biggest question? He was arguably the best QB in the Big 12 as a freshman this year

SuperKevin
01-01-2008, 03:38 AM
starts or stats?

you know what i meant jackass

fenikz
01-01-2008, 03:58 AM
Where is Sam Bradford is the biggest question? He was arguably the best QB in the Big 12 as a freshman this year

ya, leads the ncaa in QB rating and doesn't even get a mention

kwilk103
01-01-2008, 04:01 AM
where's Rudy Carpenter? he's amazing!

wont he be a sr?

KCJ58
01-01-2008, 04:05 AM
you know what i meant jackass

haha yea i just felt like being a smart ass for some reason

wont he be a sr?

i thought it meant for this years class not looking ahead to 2009 early entires

SchizophrenicBatman
01-01-2008, 05:20 AM
This is a guy with a career 48% completion percentage. He is extremely raw right now and I think he is one of the most overrated QB's in the nation. Right now I would say he compares to Tarvaris Jackson but even less developed as a passer.

jake locker is sitting around 48% too and Stafford at 55% with none of the running ability either of those guys offer. All these guys have a long way to go to make the NFL and I just dont get most of the hype. Accuracy is more important than being able to throw the ball 70 yards from your knees

the best underclassman QB and possibly the best QB in college period next year is Sam Bradford

Shane P. Hallam
01-01-2008, 09:33 AM
Bradford and Willy Korn?

Michigan
01-01-2008, 09:38 AM
If Rich Rodriguez implements the spread then Mallet will be either forced to transfer or lose his starting job.

lmao you're clueless if you think RR will implement the spread option. he already said that he will tailor his offense and defense to suit the players he has.

porter20
01-01-2008, 10:31 AM
We've got lots of mobile QBs who can both pass and run. I was watching NFL Network and Mike Mayock has highlighted Tim Tebow, Dan LeFevour and Zac Robinson as underclassmen QB who are ones to look out for due to their passing and running abilities. LeFevour joined the 3000/1000 club, with Tebow and Robinson both pretty close to that 1000 yds rushing this season.

1. Zac Robinson - sophomore Oklahoma State has 4.5 speed (according to Mike Mayock), and the offense looks incredible once he locked down the starting QB job.

2. Dan LeFevour - sophomore QB from Central Michigan. He had 3000 yards passing and 1000 yards rushing (only Vince Young has accomplished this in NCAA!)

3. Jake Locker - sophomore QB from Washington looks like "Tebow of the West". If he can work on passing abilities, he could be right up there with Tebow.

It really is amazing to see the new generation of QBs who can both pass and throw. Tebow could be a 1st round pick in 2009 draft, with the likes of Locker/Robinson/LeFevour being QBs to watch for sure in the 2010 draft.

BufFan71
01-01-2008, 10:50 AM
How about Cody Hawkins, will be a sophomore next year

3,015yds 57% 22Td 17int

nhlkdog411
01-01-2008, 12:16 PM
jake locker is sitting around 48% too and Stafford at 55% with none of the running ability either of those guys offer. All these guys have a long way to go to make the NFL and I just dont get most of the hype. Accuracy is more important than being able to throw the ball 70 yards from your knees

umm...did you really just say jake locker lacks running ability?The guy who ran for a 1000 yards from qb and has probly 4.5 speed?Yeah his passing needs some work but you have to remember he ran the wing in highschool and this was his first year starting in college: he has plenty of time. (and how you said he doesn't have running ability i don't know..have you watched him play?)

Babylon
01-01-2008, 12:22 PM
We've got lots of mobile QBs who can both pass and run. I was watching NFL Network and Mike Mayock has highlighted Tim Tebow, Dan LeFevour and Zac Robinson as underclassmen QB who are ones to look out for due to their passing and running abilities. LeFevour joined the 3000/1000 club, with Tebow and Robinson both pretty close to that 1000 yds rushing this season.

1. Zac Robinson - sophomore Oklahoma State has 4.5 speed (according to Mike Mayock), and the offense looks incredible once he locked down the starting QB job.

2. Dan LeFevour - sophomore QB from Central Michigan. He had 3000 yards passing and 1000 yards rushing (only Vince Young has accomplished this in NCAA!)

3. Jake Locker - sophomore QB from Washington looks like "Tebow of the West". If he can work on passing abilities, he could be right up there with Tebow.

It really is amazing to see the new generation of QBs who can both pass and throw. Tebow could be a 1st round pick in 2009 draft, with the likes of Locker/Robinson/LeFevour being QBs to watch for sure in the 2010 draft.

Is that 4.5 legit for Robinson?

badgerbacker
01-01-2008, 12:39 PM
umm...did you really just say jake locker lacks running ability?The guy who ran for a 1000 yards from qb and has probly 4.5 speed?Yeah his passing needs some work but you have to remember he ran the wing in highschool and this was his first year starting in college: he has plenty of time. (and how you said he doesn't have running ability i don't know..have you watched him play?)
I think he meant Stafford doesn't have the running ability of Locker or Juice.

SuperKevin
01-01-2008, 02:31 PM
lmao you're clueless if you think RR will implement the spread option. he already said that he will tailor his offense and defense to suit the players he has.

You're right. i am clueless. I could care less about Michigan

jballa838
01-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Jake Locker is a freshman since he redshirted last year. He didnt take a snap all last year.

porter20
01-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Is that 4.5 legit for Robinson?

I watched the Insight Bowl and Mike Mayock said Zac Robinson is deceptively fast and runs a 4.5. He played a little WR in the past, but QB is definitely the best fit for him.

Babylon
01-01-2008, 03:39 PM
I watched the Insight Bowl and Mike Mayock said Zac Robinson is deceptively fast and runs a 4.5. He played a little WR in the past, but QB is definitely the best fit for him.

Quite a lot of young QBs that can run, personally i'm not that high on running QBs in the pros but if they can use their speed to buy an extra set of downs it's a weapon that is hard to defend.

jbeans187
01-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Kevin Riley Cal: Has good size.Very accurate arm.Decent arm strength.Mobile.Good decision making.

Decision making??? The Oregon St. game. That was a huge mistake but he has improved every game.

eazyb81
01-01-2008, 06:32 PM
I might throw Josh Freeman in as a name that hasn't been mentioned yet. He's not a top QB yet, but he's been thrown in from day one and he has the size and tools that if he gets everything to click he will be an early 1st round pick.

Babylon
01-01-2008, 06:52 PM
I might throw Josh Freeman in as a name that hasn't been mentioned yet. He's not a top QB yet, but he's been thrown in from day one and he has the size and tools that if he gets everything to click he will be an early 1st round pick.

He needs to learn how to throw the ball down the field. He wants to line drive everything.

BamaFalcon59
01-01-2008, 06:54 PM
How about Cody Hawkins, will be a sophomore next year

3,015yds 57% 22Td 17int

I like the kid a lot. He has good accuracy and I saw that 'it' factor against Alabama in the bowl game. But he is only 5'11. Hopefully he has a late growth spurt because he looked like a good player.

BamaFalcon59
01-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Tyrod Taylor, true freshman QB Virginia Tech.
Just an amazing talent. He has the legs to run (4.5 speed), but he is not Michael Vick, Vince Young, or some mobile QB who can not throw. He has a very accurate deep ball and displays great touch on his passes. He had a 2:1 Touchdown to Interception ratio as a true freshman along with a 55 completion percentage. He also pushed Sean Glennon to a new level. He is only 6'1" but has a good build at 210 pounds and all of the tools to be a great quarterback in college and in the pros.

Im_a_Romosexual
01-01-2008, 07:02 PM
some not mentioned that I like

Max Hall BYU
Nate Davis Ball St
Kellen Lewis Indiana
Tyrod Taylor Va Tech
Matt Groethe USF
Colin Kaepernick Nevada

SchizophrenicBatman
01-01-2008, 08:34 PM

as someone else said i was referring to stafford

locker's running ability is very impressive, I would almost go as far as saying he's a better power scrambler than tebow. But his throwing ability is awful. He has a rocket arm but terrible accuracy and almost no concept of touch. Does he have a lot of time to improve? Yes, but he has a LONG way to go. I will say that he is a fun player to watch and much more intriguing to me than say Juice Williams

SchizophrenicBatman
01-01-2008, 08:43 PM
some not mentioned that I like

Max Hall BYU
Nate Davis Ball St
Kellen Lewis Indiana
Tyrod Taylor Va Tech
Matt Groethe USF
Colin Kaepernick Nevada

kaepernick, lewis, grothe and taylor are all fun guys to watch. Another name I will throw in there is Kodi Burns of Auburn. Didnt see much time at QB this year but has extremely good vision as a runner and should be given an opportunity to prosper in the spread the Tigers are implementing. He made some plays in the bowl game vs Clemson, the question with him though is a familiar one that you can ask of really all of the guys previously mentioned except Grothe and Kellen Lewis...can he throw the ball enough to keep defenses honest?

Babylon
01-01-2008, 08:59 PM
as someone else said i was referring to stafford

locker's running ability is very impressive, I would almost go as far as saying he's a better power scrambler than tebow. But his throwing ability is awful. He has a rocket arm but terrible accuracy and almost no concept of touch. Does he have a lot of time to improve? Yes, but he has a LONG way to go. I will say that he is a fun player to watch and much more intriguing to me than say Juice Williams

I think part of Locker's problem is he never played in a true passing formation even at the highschool level. He's an accomplised pitcher in baseball so its not like he cant throw something straight. The guy is physically off the charts as a QB.

SchizophrenicBatman
01-01-2008, 09:10 PM
well as I said he throws an absolute bullet of a pass it's just not well placed and it's always thrown at 95mph, even when it shouldn't be. he's very raw and for good reason yes, but he doesn't have THAT much time to grow. If he hasn't shown massive improvement over the next three years that itll be it for his career at QB unless one of these new football leagues catch on. Now that said, I sure hope he grows as a passer because his potential is sky high and I love watching QBs run over people.

Babylon
01-01-2008, 09:16 PM
well as I said he throws an absolute bullet of a pass it's just not well placed and it's always thrown at 95mph, even when it shouldn't be. he's very raw and for good reason yes, but he doesn't have THAT much time to grow. If he hasn't shown massive improvement over the next three years that itll be it for his career at QB unless one of these new football leagues catch on. Now that said, I sure hope he grows as a passer because his potential is sky high and I love watching QBs run over people.

First off his receivers at the UW were terrible and he did throw passes with touch, I agree he needs to improve but i dont think it's as drastic as you let on. At the same stage he's ahead of Vince Young as a passer and he turned out pretty good.

bored of education
01-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Stafford
Harper

Zyro_1014
01-01-2008, 09:33 PM
If locker doesnt improve over the next couple years that ok because he will just go and play baseball cuz he will be a first round pick because of a 94 mph fastball that he throws.

played against him in baseball and football. hit a double off him lol :)

01-01-2008, 09:35 PM
If Sanchez can somehow beat out Mustain for the starting job next year hes gonna be a beast and help continue the tradition of great QBs at SC. Hes got all the tools and intangibles you look for in a QB and is somewhere in between the mold of a Booty or Leinart.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-02-2008, 12:23 AM
Decision making??? The Oregon St. game. That was a huge mistake but he has improved every game.Hes just a freshman.Its safe to say he wont make that mistake again.

Smokey Joe
01-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Exactly what I was thinking...