PDA

View Full Version : Steve Johnson

BuckNaked
01-01-2008, 11:29 AM
I just had to showcase my love for this guy. He came to Kentucky as a JUCO transfer and has easily exceeded everybody's expectations. He's a team leader and is mature beyond his years. He has good size at 6'3" and 200 lbs. He is rumored to run around a 4.5 40 and is just a playmaker. He's got solid hands and makes all the big catches, including two of the biggest catches of the entire year. Something that he definitely has is the production to back it up. He plays even better against stronger competition as showed by these stats.

Vs. Louisville- 3 receptions 65 yards 2 touchdowns
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1312/1395451790_b30281ab3d_o.jpg

Vs. Arkansas- 7 receptions 111 yards

Vs. LSU- 7 receptions 134 yards 1 touchdown
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/1014/ncf_g_johnson195.jpg

Vs. Florida- 8 receptions 128 yards

Vs. Mississippi State- 3 receptions 69 yards 2 touchdowns

Vs. Vanderbilt- 2 receptions 88 yards 1 touchdown

Vs. Georgia- 8 receptions 88 yards

Vs. Tennessee- 6 receptions 86 yards 2 touchdowns

Vs. Florida State- 7 receptions 124 yards 2 touchdowns

Mr. Stiller
01-01-2008, 12:26 PM
I agree.

He and Keenan Burton remind me of the Johnson/Housh Oregon State team.

Johnson(Burton) Gets all the publicity, whereas I find Housh(Johnson) is more productive.

BuckNaked
01-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Does anyone else think he could slip into the third round?

thebow305
01-01-2008, 10:31 PM
I wonder where Scott thinks he will go, I can't wait to see the scouting report for him, I too love this guy,

adamprez2003
01-05-2008, 04:34 PM
I love Steve Johnson. Which round is he slated to get picked? I have heard some people say 4th or 5th which boggles my mind. He's a steal if he drops that far

MidwayMonster31
01-05-2008, 04:39 PM
I think he outplayed Burton, and Woodson was more comfortable throwing him the ball, but his 40 time could knock him down.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
01-05-2008, 06:32 PM
I love Steve Johnson, think he's the best WR on that UK team. Absolutely destroyed our secondary in the bowl game. Burton gets all the pub, but Johnson's a better player. He runs better routes, better hands, and looks faster. 2nd round prospect

Go Cowboys
01-05-2008, 07:03 PM
I see Steve as a Mid 3rd to late 4th prospect based on a couple things. One of those things is the number of Slot (type) receivers that are taken at that point. (That will set the trend on draft day at WR IMO) The other factor, as much as I hate to say it, will be based on his forty time. If he runs in the 4.45 range he could be in the 3rd. If he runs closer to say 4.55 then I could see him maybe even slipping into the end of round 4 or maybe even to round 5.

BuckNaked
01-05-2008, 11:53 PM
I would take Stevie Johnson in the 3rd round for my team without a second thought. I might even take a flyer on him in the second round. That's how valuable I think he can be to an NFL team.

joshuwahk
05-01-2008, 02:08 PM
Buffalo just got the steal of the draft BABY!!!

adamprez2003
05-01-2008, 04:08 PM
I'm a big fan of Steve Johnson and consider him one of the steals of the draft

SchizophrenicBatman
05-01-2008, 04:59 PM
The way Kentucky players were devalued (except for the one guy who was injured all season) in the draft makes me wonder if the NFL thinks the real prospect from that university is Joker Phillips

BallerT1215
05-01-2008, 10:13 PM
i've loved steve johnson since before the year began and throughout the season would always say he was the go to guy and the person they went to for the big catches..

When I saw his name come up for the Bills - ESTATIC!...plus the Bills never take players I like in late rounds ..

art vandelay
05-01-2008, 11:12 PM
I like Stevie and hope he can catch on in Buffalo. He's going to be battling Justin Jenkins for our 5th WR spot most likely.

BallerT1215
05-02-2008, 12:17 AM
I like Stevie and hope he can catch on in Buffalo. He's going to be battling Justin Jenkins for our 5th WR spot most likely.

With Aiken gone, I think Jenkins is guaranteed a spot as our main ST gunner.

I love Josh Reed as a slot WR and he has become more tough over the middle each year but I have a feeling that is who Johnson will be battling with...

I can see 6 WR on the roster though with Turk talking about opening hte offense up a lot more.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
05-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Steve Johnson's gonna be the steal of the draft and should put up Marques Colston-esque nubers. Amazing he lasted til the 7th round. Should be a very good player for Buffalo and the big WR complement to Lee Evans.

Nice vid about him here http://www.onnetworks.com/videos/draftguys-tv/profile---steve-johnson---wr

SMoore
05-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Steve Johnson's gonna be the steal of the draft and should put up Marques Colston-esque nubers. Amazing he lasted til the 7th round. Should be a very good player for Buffalo and the big WR complement to Lee Evans.

Nice vid about him here http://www.onnetworks.com/videos/draftguys-tv/profile---steve-johnson---wr

I guarentee he comes nowhere close to what colston did.
Rookie WRs barely ever make that kind of impact he made, let alone 7th rounders.
Colston is the exception not the rule.

art vandelay
05-05-2008, 01:17 PM
With Aiken gone, I think Jenkins is guaranteed a spot as our main ST gunner.

I love Josh Reed as a slot WR and he has become more tough over the middle each year but I have a feeling that is who Johnson will be battling with...

I can see 6 WR on the roster though with Turk talking about opening hte offense up a lot more.

Opening the offense won't have anything to do with keeping 6 WR's, though. Evans, Hardy, Reed, Parrish, Jenkins and Johnson will probably all make the team, I agree. However, we rarely run 5 WR sets. I wish we could get Parrish involved in the offense more this season because extending a contract for a #4 WR is obviously rare. I would like to see him take over the slot position from Reed this year. I think we now have a very good WR corps with the addition of Hardy. Our top 4 guys are all very good WR's and then the wildcard in Johnson as #5/6. Jenkins as you said will be primarily the gunner on ST, and he is great at what he does. Love our WR's this year.

AtariBigby
05-14-2008, 10:23 PM
I agree totally with you Bills fans.
My club took WR Brett Swain in the 7th round.

I wanted Steven Johnson in round 5, 6, or 7, but we took Jordy Nelson in round one already......

I like the Bills so I hope Johnson kicks arse for you guys, especially against NE.

Bills2083
05-20-2008, 03:08 PM

I dont see that happening.
Evans, Hardy, Reed, and Parrish are all ahead of him at this point.

LonghornsLegend
05-20-2008, 03:54 PM
He was always the guy who made huge catches for Kentucky when they needed it, he is a gamer and plays big in the clutch...As of now he better have some ST value to start off, but I think by this 3rd year he should have an impact as a 3rd WR.