PDA

View Full Version : Desean Jackson

T-Rat42
01-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Is there anyway he falls to the Vikings at 17? And would the Vikings draft him?

jballa838
01-01-2008, 03:03 PM
I don't think he drops that far. No idea on Vikings but didnt they draft Sidney Rice in the 2nd last year? They are 2 different types of recievers, but i am no Vikings expert.

Matthew Jones
01-01-2008, 03:15 PM
I could definitely see him falling that far, although it's not necessarily likely. He's just not good enough for me to justify giving a top-ten grade to, and I doubt NFL teams will either. Someone may fall in love with him like the Dolphins did with Ted Ginn, and draft him earlier, but in terms of pure ability I think he could be available there.

Babylon
01-01-2008, 03:18 PM
I definitely think he'll be there but the Vikings have to be thinking of a QB, either through the draft(hoping one of the top 3 drops) or maybe through a trade for a Derek Anderson.

T-Rat42
01-01-2008, 05:19 PM
The Vikings aren't done with Tarvaris Jackson they wanna see what he can do with more playmakers. They did draft Rice in the 2nd last year but the receiving corps have a ways to go so they'll definitely be looking to improve that anyway they can. I just don't know if they wanna use a first round pick on one.

Babylon
01-01-2008, 05:27 PM
The Vikings aren't done with Tarvaris Jackson they wanna see what he can do with more playmakers. They did draft Rice in the 2nd last year but the receiving corps have a ways to go so they'll definitely be looking to improve that anyway they can. I just don't know if they wanna use a first round pick on one.

I think they probably dont go into the draft specifically targeting one but if something were to fall in their lap i think they would pull the trigger, they cant be in love with Jackson there.

rainbeaukid2
01-01-2008, 11:14 PM
i don't know if the vikes would draft him although i could see him dropping that far. i think the vikings may see too many similarities between him and williamson

01-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Besides McFadden thats the best toy the Vikings could hand over to Tavaris Jackson.

T-Rat42
01-02-2008, 02:35 AM
yeah I agree. Besides wideout the only position the Vikes need more is DE. So unless they fall in love with Calais Campbell or Derrick Harvey I think Desean would be the pick. As for the Williamson comparison. T-Will only had 42 receptions in college, they drafted him as a project that clearly hasn't panned out. Where Jackson has been a dominant playmaker for 3 years so I think he is a bit more of a sure thing. Malcolm Kelly would also fit our offense.

energizerbunny
01-02-2008, 03:07 AM
There is no comparison between Williamson and Jackson. The only comparison between the 2 is that they are both fast. Williamson was a athlete, Jackson is a football player.

Jackson is one of the more polished WRs in the draft and runs some of the best routes.

energizerbunny
01-02-2008, 03:10 AM
I definitely think he'll be there but the Vikings have to be thinking of a QB, either through the draft(hoping one of the top 3 drops) or maybe through a trade for a Derek Anderson.

When a young player shows flashes of brilliance in his first season as a starter you cannot rush to replace him.

I think T-Jack can be a good QB in Childress system and brings alot of the same things to the table that Donavan brought.

The Vikings will not draft a QB this year, I truely believe Childress thinks T-Jack is the man for his system.