PDA

View Full Version : Trade up or trade down?

finsfan4life
01-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Just wanted to take a quick poll on who wants their team to trade up, who wants their team to trade down, and who wants their team to stay put?

KCJ58
01-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Just wanted to take a quick poll on who wants their team to trade up, who wants their team to trade down, and who wants their team to stay put?

well you should have put a poll in

finsfan4life
01-01-2008, 02:52 PM
well you should have put a poll in

Yeah I tried to and it didn't work. We'll do it informally.

Do you want your team to stay put, trade up, or trade down?

KCJ58
01-01-2008, 02:53 PM
well my team is picking at spot #2 so im find with the place there in

jackalope
01-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Well, Ted Thompson has a history of trading down a lot and I don't think he's traded up once with Green Bay. It's worked out well for us in the past, but this draft, Green Bay has very few needs so I would be surprised to see us trade down very much. I wouldn't mind trading up some this year, but knowing TT, that's not very likely. I feel that in most occasions trading down is the better option, because you usually get a much better deal when you do so.

Matthew Jones
01-01-2008, 03:11 PM
I would look to trade down if I were New England, but only for future draft considerations. This is a fairly weak draft class, and New England doesn't have many open roster spots available anyways. It doesn't seem like Belichick is very willing to let young players come in and play linebacker for him, so any needs there would likely be addressed in free agency. I'm not saying he won't pick up some linebackers either late or as undrafted free agents (Corey Mays, Tully Banta-Cain, Jeremy Mincey, Pierre Woods, Eric Alexander, Oscar Lua, etc.) to work with, but I doubt he'd spend a high draft pick on one.

jballa838
01-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Bengals - Trade up for Laurenitis maybe.
Seahawks - Up for Stewart.

jballa838
01-01-2008, 03:14 PM
but in general i think the teams trading down are making the better deal.

Young Legend
01-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Raiders-Stay..at 3 or 4..you got a chance to get McFadden or Jake Long

Babylon
01-01-2008, 03:27 PM
I would look to trade down if I were New England, but only for future draft considerations. This is a fairly weak draft class, and New England doesn't have many open roster spots available anyways. It doesn't seem like Belichick is very willing to let young players come in and play linebacker for him, so any needs there would likely be addressed in free agency. I'm not saying he won't pick up some linebackers either late or as undrafted free agents (Corey Mays, Tully Banta-Cain, Jeremy Mincey, Pierre Woods, Eric Alexander, Oscar Lua, etc.) to work with, but I doubt he'd spend a high draft pick on one.

With the possibility of losing Bruschi and Seau to retirement i wouldnt be surprised to see them go for an inside backer, i'm not in the camp of trying to figure what a team will do based on what they have done in the past, seems kind of pointless.

Flyboy
01-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Saints - Stay put. We're bound to get a great defensive stud (we shall see) at #10.

luckyjackaubrey
01-02-2008, 08:05 AM
I think the smart thing to do if I am Scott Pioli or Bill Belichek is to grab that high impact defender with the 7th pick. Your an elite team with the rare chance to pick early in the draft. The defence is getting older and If the projections on Laurinaitis are correct I think he is the pick. Maybe Golston if he comes out or the safety from Miami. You can't keep trading down forever. If they were in the top 3 ,as they were before SF had those late wins, then I would listen to the talk regarding high bonus payouts etc...

DiG
01-02-2008, 09:35 AM
id like the redskins to stay put. i wouldnt be upset if they traded down a few spots to pick up some picks but not too far.

Iamcanadian
01-02-2008, 01:56 PM
With Matt Millen doing our drafting, I don't think it matters much if we stay put, trade up or trade down. Either way, we'll continue to stink next season.

jballa838
01-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Bengals should go top 6 to get Laurenitis.

BamaFalcon59
01-02-2008, 02:36 PM
Trade up with our first second round pick and our third or fourth round pick and grab Rashard Mendenhall/ Jeff Otah/draft fallen QB depending who we got with our top pick. Then grab the remaining position (out of OT, RB, and QB) with our remaining second round pick from Houston.

Thrawn
01-02-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm really hoping to trade out of #2.

1) We need more picks to fill more holes, and this is a really good draft to do it in round 2-4.

2) I don't want a rookie who has never set foot on the field to be the #1 or #2 highest paid player in the history of the team.

3) I don't like the talent/fits at the top, so I'd like to be back a few places.

villagewarrior
01-02-2008, 06:44 PM
I'm kind of hoping the Chiefs move down if they aren't in a position to take Long or Dorsey. Really only Dorsey, I might pass on Long if I were in charge.

eazyb81
01-02-2008, 06:50 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing the Chiefs move down a few spots to pick up another pick or two because they just have so many needs right now. One player is not going to make much of a difference at this point, so grabbing an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder would be smart.

GB12
01-02-2008, 06:57 PM
Well, Ted Thompson has a history of trading down a lot and I don't think he's traded up once with Green Bay. It's worked out well for us in the past, but this draft, Green Bay has very few needs so I would be surprised to see us trade down very much. I wouldn't mind trading up some this year, but knowing TT, that's not very likely. I feel that in most occasions trading down is the better option, because you usually get a much better deal when you do so.
I'd like to see us move up this year. We have young talent at every position and not a lot of needs. We can't keep drafting 11 players each year. It's worked great so far, but we're not going to have room for all these young players. That's going to cause us to have to cut some that were taken in the 4th our so. I'd love to move up to get Kenny Phillips, but I'd be fine staying where we're at too, which is the most likely option anyway.

Michigan
let's see.... the lions are picking 15th.... the top WR prospect is a mid-late first round value... so... the lions are definitely trading down.

SuperKevin
Buffalo needs to trade down. They might be screwed at 11 and be forced to reach on a player of need

Gay Ork Wang
01-02-2008, 07:32 PM
let's see.... the lions are picking 15th.... the top WR prospect is a mid-late first round value... so... the lions are definitely trading down.
r u kiddin me? they gonna reach, might end up trading up

EdReedUnstoppable
01-02-2008, 08:44 PM
I want the Ravens to trade back and acquire as many picks as possible our team needs to rebuild and get as much young talent as we can.

junior2430
01-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Well, if a guy like Philips, Laurinaitis, or Clady is there at 12. I'd stay put. After that, I'd prefer trading down and picking up extra picks.

george_allen
01-02-2008, 09:27 PM

i would like to see the rams trade down one or two spots depending on who miami takes.

finsfan4life
01-02-2008, 09:47 PM
i would like to see the rams trade down one or two spots depending on who miami takes.

I'd love to see the Fins sell the first pick to the highest bidder, whether that be Atlanta at #3, or Dallas with their first two rounders.