PDA

View Full Version : Branden Albert

toonsterwu
01-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Probably not a guy that gets a lot of pub, but there's increasing speculation that he's considering going pro, and thus, I think he's a worthy guy for some discussion. He's had a real good year. Starts at guard, although he's played some tackle. To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if NFL teams looked at him as a OT. He's got the size, length, and his footwork was fine this year when he stepped in at LT. There were some academic issues, but that's all I can recall that was significant.

As good as Elton Brown was for UVA a couple years ago, Albert's been better. He's a tad older, 23 already. Certainly not a guarantee that he goes pro, but depending on if Duke Robinson declares, Albert could be the first guard off the board. Probably more a 3rd rounder right now, but has some upward mobility, particularly if teams buy him as a potential OT. Even if I wasn't a UVA fan, I tend to think I'd like Albert better than any of the senior OG's.

Anyhow, he hasn't been discussed much, and he's having a solid bowl game today on top of a good season, so along with the speculation, I thought I'd see if anyone had any thoughts. He even caught a pass today, which was a nice surprise.

toonsterwu
01-02-2008, 08:51 PM
Well, he turned pro ... certainly not the biggest news for draftniks, although there's a chance he's the top guard on the board ... that said, I still wouldn't be surprised if teams look at him at tackle

I guess I shouldn't be stunned ... academics weren't his strong suit and his value is good right now ... probable mid-2nd-3rd round pick if workouts go well.

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/breaking/wb/145641

Smokey Joe
01-02-2008, 09:03 PM
wise decision for him to turn pro, as he is a bit older then most juniors already.

ammandss
01-11-2008, 11:24 AM
I've always been a big fan of Branden Albert and I really hope he can move his stock up into the second round. The Steelers would be a nice team to see him on.