PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Off Season/Draft Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

DeathbyStat
01-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Second-year RB Gary Russell could reportedly see an expanded role in Pittsburgh's offense in 2008.

Incumbent third-down back Najeh Davenport is due a $1 million salary this season, and the Steelers could save some cap room by having Russell fill that role. Russell, a 220-pound bruiser, will also be a short-yardage option.

God i hope this is true...I hate Najeh in his current role

DeathbyStat
01-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Even though this is the most cap room we've had in about 5 years.. I could see us releasing Tuman, Wilson and Davenport.. Each netting us nearly 1M in cap space.

I'm a huge fan of all of those moves....if we draft smart replacements for Wilson and Davenport

steel man
01-29-2008, 12:05 PM
I'm a huge fan of all of those moves....if we draft smart replacements for Wilson and Davenport

a smart draft move would be to draft Owen Schmitt to be the short yardage / fullback/ 3rd down back instead of Davenport and he has just as good if not better hands.

steel man
01-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Could Jacksonville be ready to give up on Jones?
I've always loved his potential, and believed half the struggles in Jacksonville were due to a pathetic excuse of a QB in Leftwich. Garrard played well this year though, and he was de-activated. I still think it'd be worth a flyer, considering he's 6'6" and runs a low 4.3, and I have seen him make some great catches. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery.

I'd pick him up if he comes at a reasonable price, no doubt about it.

I'd be all for the Steelers bringing in Matt Jones if it were for the right price.

he was high, high, on our list the year he was drafted. we was going to spend a 1st rd pick on him, so yeah i would pick him up and that would give Ben his tall WR and we could use our draft pick that we was going to use on a WR on something else to make our team even better. if he turned out to be just a red zone/3rd WR it would still be better then what we have now, so i hop we def. get him

there is our QB turned WR for trick plays also.

brat316
01-29-2008, 01:32 PM
I think Jones need more help to be polished has a WR. He is tall and has the speed.

I don;t think Schimmit has as good of hands like Najeh. But I think he would be a better short yardage back then Najeh.

I doubt we release Wilson, unless we are sure to get someone in his place, if we do his salary for this year is 2 million, and then next year he is free.

ryanrayne
01-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Wasn't Smith involved in that Penn State snafu with a few of the players getting into a scuffle with some fraternity boys? If so, The Steeler front office doesn't like that kind of thing. I know they had a small taste of it with Mr Ohio State 2 years ago.

ryanrayne
01-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Oops..I meant King..JUSTIN KING, not SMITH

Santonio10
01-29-2008, 02:08 PM
hey guys, this is my first post here, but i wanted to know what you guys thought about justin king. I'm a Penn State fan, and i know he has a ton of potential, but he struggled at times last year. I think that under tomlins coaching he could become one of the best in the NFL.

terribletowel39
01-29-2008, 02:16 PM
hey guys, this is my first post here, but i wanted to know what you guys thought about justin king. I'm a Penn State fan, and i know he has a ton of potential, but he struggled at times last year. I think that under tomlins coaching he could become one of the best in the NFL.
granted you are a Steelers fan but isn't it still taboo for a Penn St. fan to pick out of the 53 individuals that make the team a Ohio St. guy to use as your username?? i'm just curious as to the rule on that.

and Penn St. is too north for me, don't eve get to watch those games. so i couldn't give a good opinion on him, i know there are some penn fans on the board though.

Santonio10
01-29-2008, 02:36 PM
even though i didnt like him at ohio state, he has become one of my favorite players ever since the steelers drafted him lol

DeathbyStat
01-29-2008, 02:57 PM
even though i didnt like him at ohio state, he has become one of my favorite players ever since the steelers drafted him lol

Hey man I'm glad your joined....im a Penn State student and a Penn State Fan.

As far as Justin King he is a much better athlete than a football player...maybe Tomlin could work with him but i wouldn't use more than a third round pick on him.

As far as Santonio I hated the pick at the time but he has really grown on me.

Santonio10
01-29-2008, 03:04 PM
Thanks Death, i definately agree with you on that

mikehop05
01-29-2008, 04:00 PM
didnt king leave high school early to participate in spring practices?

but i second death's opinion of him

DeathbyStat
01-29-2008, 04:14 PM
didnt king leave high school early to participate in spring practices?

but i second death's opinion of him

He enrolled in early in school at Penn State and has allready graduated

mikehop05
01-29-2008, 09:41 PM
what are your guys feelings on if johnathon stewart falls to us in the first...

if we resign max starks...

Hines
01-29-2008, 10:30 PM
what are your guys feelings on if johnathon stewart falls to us in the first...

if we resign max starks...

I would take a long, hard look at him, but in reality, we could always go dline as well.

brat316
01-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Steelers have said they are still looking for another rb, it would be a suprise if they take one in the first, but the Panthers and Jags did, but that draft was stacked at rb.

Don't know much about Stewart.

mikehop05
01-29-2008, 10:51 PM
stewart is a bruiser and a big guy with quick feet, the thunder to willie's lightning, and though i def agree that we have way more holes to fill it is intriguing to think about

TheWood56
01-30-2008, 01:27 AM
Don't know much about Stewart.

His first name is Jonathan and his last name starts with an S and ends with a T. :)

DeathbyStat
01-30-2008, 06:44 AM
I would take stewart if he fell but thats just me...he could a Marion Barber like compliment to Willie Parker.

Well acually Willie and him are kinda similair with Stewart having more power

Jakey
01-30-2008, 06:54 AM
I really like Stewart...but i think it would be a wasted pick, i think Willie Parker and Gary Russell will be able to carry the load next season...i think allot of peeps will be suprise with Russell.

p.s. If we did draft a 1st round RB...i would definately want Stewart.

DeathbyStat
01-30-2008, 08:13 AM
I really like Stewart...but i think it would be a wasted pick, i think Willie Parker and Gary Russell will be able to carry the load next season...i think allot of peeps will be suprise with Russell.

p.s. If we did draft a 1st round RB...i would definately want Stewart.

I may be somewhat of a waste.....but Stewart can return kicks too?...right?

terribletowel39
01-30-2008, 10:39 AM
I may be somewhat of a waste.....but Stewart can return kicks too?...right?
dude there are numbers to call if you need to or i'm sure you can talk to us fellow steeler fans about your feelings.

back on topic....i wouldn't want a first round back period....but if we do, does anyone think Mendenhall over Stewart would be a wiser choice. I mean I like Stewart over Mendenhall, but for what we would want him to do. i think mendenhall is a stronger runner and is better with the tough yards, maybe i'm wrong and my opinion is off as i have only seen both of them play a handful of times.

Jakey
01-30-2008, 03:32 PM
Quick Mock

Trade PIT's 1st for ATL's 2nds and 4th

2: Gosder Cherilus - OT
2: Limas Sweed - WR
3: Brandon Flowers - CB
4: Kendall Langford - DE
4: Chilo Rachal - OG
5: Curtis Johnson - OLB
6: Darius Reynaud - KR

I know allot of peeps aren't high on Sweed...but he is still a great prospect!

Depth Chart

QB: Ben Roethlisberger - Charlie Batch
FB: Carey Davis
RB: Willie Parker - Gary Russell - Najeh Davenport
TE: Heath Miller - Matt Spaeth
WR: Hines Ward - Limas Sweed
WR: Santonio Holmes - Nate Washington

LT: Marvel Smith - Trai Essex
LG: Kendall Simmons - Chilo Rachal
C: Darnell Stapleton - Sean Mahan
RG: Willie Colon - Chris Kemoeatu
RT: Gosder Cherilus - Jason Capizzi

DE: Ryan McBean - Brett Keisel
NT: Casey Hampton - Chris Hoke
DE: Aaron Smith - Kendall Langford

ROLB: James Harrison - Curtis Johnson
RILB: Lawrence Timmons - Larry Foote
LILB: James Farrior - Larry Foote
LOLB: Lamarr Woodley - Curtis Johnson

CB: Ike Taylor - Deshea Townsend - William ***
CB: Bryant McFadden - Brandon Flowers - William ***
FS: Anthony Smith - Ryan Clark
SS: Troy Polamalu - Tyrone Carter

KR: Darius Reynaud
PR: Darius Reynaud

Tell me what you think guys! :)

Hines
01-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Its good, but the trade wouldnt work, it has to be a fifth. But I think Sweeds stock is falling as he isnt going to be there at the combine. I am doing a mock soon, and I will post it.

terribletowel39
01-30-2008, 03:40 PM
i actually really like that mock. i don't know why everyone does love Sweed, but i love him. also i do not like the fact that everyone always has Timmons taking over for Foote. Foote is the man!!

mikehop05
01-30-2008, 04:25 PM
i really like it but i think most of the picks won't be there... i would cry tears oh happiness

mikehop05
01-30-2008, 04:25 PM
i actually really like that mock. i don't know why everyone does love Sweed, but i love him. also i do not like the fact that everyone always has Timmons taking over for Foote. Foote is the man!!

why you such a foote fan

terribletowel39
01-30-2008, 04:37 PM
why you such a foote fan
because i can name you times that i have thought to myself while watching a game, "damn farrior should have made that tackle", or "damn farrior got juked out of his shoes." i can't think of a time i have thought that about foote and i watch foote more than anybody else when he is on the field. he is just consistent as hell and rarely messes up. right now, i think he is better than farrior, maybe not back in 04-05 but now, yea he is better. just my opinion, as i know most of you guys won't agree. plus, he has that sick ass tat on his forearm.

Hines
01-30-2008, 05:30 PM
1) Carl Nicks OT Nebraska
2) Jason Jones DE Eastern Michigan
3) Kevin Smith RB UCF
4) Kennan Burton WR Kentucky
5) Donald Thomas G Conneticut
6) Angelo Craig OLB Cincinati

Here is a little quick mock I made. I like it a lot, but not as much as my earlier one.

TheWood56
01-30-2008, 07:38 PM
because i can name you times that i have thought to myself while watching a game, "damn farrior should have made that tackle", or "damn farrior got juked out of his shoes." i can't think of a time i have thought that about foote and i watch foote more than anybody else when he is on the field. he is just consistent as hell and rarely messes up. right now, i think he is better than farrior, maybe not back in 04-05 but now, yea he is better. just my opinion, as i know most of you guys won't agree. plus, he has that sick ass tat on his forearm.

I have nothing against Foote and actually like him, though I personally think Farrior's the better player of the two. I also believe Timmons will take over for Foote next season, seeing as though all of last season he was learning the mack position. I also want to see Timmons get some playing time next season, and seeing as though he's been learning Foote's position, it seems as though for Timmons to get into the starting line-up or even for him to start seeing some significant playing time in their base defense, he'd have to play over Foote.

Oh, and Foote does look pretty sick with those tats he has. :cool:

terribletowel39
01-31-2008, 01:01 AM
well all i know is if Timmons starts over Foote, i am gonna be a pissed off Steeler fan and Timmons better play lights the hell out to prove me wrong. That is the one jersey i own. a Foote jersey.

TheWood56
01-31-2008, 02:20 AM
well all i know is if Timmons starts over Foote, i am gonna be a pissed off Steeler fan and Timmons better play lights the hell out to prove me wrong. That is the one jersey i own. a Foote jersey.

Foote's very solid IMO, though I wouldn't say he plays "lights out". As I said, I actually like Foote and think he's a very solid player, though he's nothing special and certainly not irreplaceable. I think when Timmons is ready though, he could be a real playmaker, and I really hope next season he's ready, because I just want to see him hit the field and actually get some significant playing time. I think Woodley's already proven in his very limited game time that he'll be a playmaker and really cause havoc in the backfield, and I really hope Timmons can show the same thing next season and prove he's a real playmaker in his own way.

Also, it's kind of a shame you have a Foote jersey, because I really think there's a big possibility that Timmons will be starting over him next season, or at the very least, the season after.

Jakey
01-31-2008, 02:22 AM
Also, it's kind of a shame you have a Foote jersey, because I really think there's a big possibility that Timmons will be starting over him next season, or at the very least the season after.

I know that feeling...i bought a Kendrell Bell jersey, and we cut him the next year! lol

TheWood56
01-31-2008, 04:03 AM
I know that feeling...i bought a Kendrell Bell jersey, and we cut him the next year! lol

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

DeathbyStat
01-31-2008, 07:49 AM
3) Kevin Smith RB UCF

Here is a little quick mock I made. I like it a lot, but not as much as my earlier one.

Jason Jones looked really terrible in coverage at the senoir bowl..i don't like him much

terribletowel39
01-31-2008, 10:35 AM
Foote's very solid IMO, though I wouldn't say he plays "lights out". As I said, I actually like Foote and think he's a very solid player, though he's nothing special and certainly not irreplaceable. I think when Timmons is ready though, he could be a real playmaker, and I really hope next season he's ready, because I just want to see him hit the field and actually get some significant playing time. I think Woodley's already proven in his very limited game time that he'll be a playmaker and really cause havoc in the backfield, and I really hope Timmons can show the same thing next season and prove he's a real playmaker in his own way.

Also, it's kind of a shame you have a Foote jersey, because I really think there's a big possibility that Timmons will be starting over him next season, or at the very least, the season after.
i'm not saying i think Foote plays "lights out" i'm saying that he is right below and that and probably are 2nd or 3rd most consistent player on defense. and that for me to be impressed with Timmons that he would have to play at a higher level than that.

but naw its not a shame i got that jersey. he is a good player and whether he plays next season or not, he is a bad ass.

mikehop05
01-31-2008, 11:19 AM
3) Kevin Smith RB UCF

im not going to lie to you

i hate it

gunners2020
01-31-2008, 11:29 AM
Quick little mock (Dream draft)

1)Jeff Otah - OT
2)Antoine Cason -CB
3)Earl Bennett -WR
4)Frank Okam -DE
5) Adam Spieker -C
6) Bo Ruud -LB

terribletowel39
01-31-2008, 11:35 AM
Quick little mock (Dream draft)

1)Jeff Otah - OT
2)Antoine Cason -CB
3)Earl Bennett -WR
4)Frank Okam -DE
5) Adam Spieker -C
6) Bo Ruud -LB
i don't know how many of those people will be there when you are wanting to draft them.

DeathbyStat
01-31-2008, 12:40 PM
I was thinking but if a player such as Calais Cambell or Kenny Phillips falls to us?

Do you think we would take either of them?

terribletowel39
01-31-2008, 12:50 PM
I was thinking but if a player such as Calais Cambell or Kenny Phillips falls to us?

Do you think we would take either of them?
i would look at Campbell before Phillips even though i don't think i would mind either. granted Campbell is more of 43 DE he is genormous and thats good in a 34 DE. and he is athletic enough to do some Keisel stuff. and plus him and Harrison on the same side on passing downs would be some sacks and/or forced fumbles.

brat316
01-31-2008, 12:57 PM
Didn't someone mention on here we are looking for big 4-3 De rather than smaller 4-3 DTs.

If either of them fell it would be crazy, also it would help Tomlin convert or play hybrid D.

mikehop05
01-31-2008, 04:41 PM
nooo but i love anthony smith... im not ready to give up my man crush

Santonio10
01-31-2008, 05:17 PM
Yeah i still think Anthony Smith is gonna be a real good player soon. Also i think Timmons will be ready to step in this year and make an impact. The guy's a real playmaker. Also, im excited to see Woodley this year. In the limited action he saw i thought he played great. Probably the next great steelers passrusher

DeathbyStat
01-31-2008, 06:15 PM
I was a fan of Anthony Smith until the regular season game against the jags were he ran stride for stride with Fred Taylor on the side lines but decided not to hit him. Instead he just pushed him multiple times in the shoulder.

I think this was what got him benched....after the pats game this was the straw that broke the camels back.

TheWood56
01-31-2008, 09:10 PM
Didn't someone mention on here we are looking for big 4-3 De rather than smaller 4-3 DTs.

If either of them fell it would be crazy, also it would help Tomlin convert or play hybrid D.

Yeah, apparently the Steelers look at bigger 4-3 DE's like Kendall Langford, Calais Campbell, Phillip Merling, etc to transition to 3-4 DE in their defense, not 4-3 DT's like Pat Sims, Kentwan Balmer, Dre Moore, Trevor Laws, etc.

TheWood56
01-31-2008, 09:18 PM
Yeah i still think Anthony Smith is gonna be a real good player soon. Also i think Timmons will be ready to step in this year and make an impact. The guy's a real playmaker. Also, im excited to see Woodley this year. In the limited action he saw i thought he played great. Probably the next great steelers passrusher

I agree x3. :)

TheWood56
01-31-2008, 09:33 PM
i'm not saying i think Foote plays "lights out" i'm saying that he is right below and that and probably are 2nd or 3rd most consistent player on defense. and that for me to be impressed with Timmons that he would have to play at a higher level than that.

but naw its not a shame i got that jersey. he is a good player and whether he plays next season or not, he is a bad ass.

Oh, okay, I thought you were saying you thought Foote played "lights out" or something and therefore if Timmons was going to start next season, that's how he'd have to play aswell. I'm sure whoever starts though, whether it be Foote or Timmons, I really think the other one will still see some playing time next season on defense though. So even if Timmons does start, I still think we'll see Foote get some playing time on defense.

At least Foote will still be a Steeler next season barring any drastic moves, because as Jakey said, he bought a Bell jersey and he got cut the season after. That sucks. You'll still see Foote on ST's though if he doesn't start and he'll probably come in and spell Timmons on defense at times also. He still might start next season though, because I don't think they'd just give Timmons the starting job, he'd have to beat him out, and who knows if he'll be ready to do that or not next season anyways.

DeathbyStat
01-31-2008, 09:37 PM
Why can't Timmons replace farrior.....foot is still fairly young

brat316
01-31-2008, 09:47 PM
Farrior is a brick wall in Madden, I can't possibley loose a brick wall in madden. I told you I judge talent using madden.

mikehop05
01-31-2008, 10:20 PM
Farrior is a brick wall in Madden, I can't possibley loose a brick wall in madden. I told you I judge talent using madden.

hes got a point, plus he was on everyones 'snub' list for the pro bowl

although in madden, foote was somehow almost defensive player of the year

Hines
01-31-2008, 11:55 PM
I hope yall dont hate me after I tell yall this. I got a picture and an autograph with Braylon Edwards, but I saw TJ Douchemanzadeh and I was cussing and yelling at him.

terribletowel39
02-01-2008, 12:33 AM

what is this blasphemy you speak??!! he almost won it because he is that bad ass!!! get it right or get it tight!!

and hines, we can't be mad at the Braylon thing, he is one good ass receiver. but i will give you some +rep for cussing out TJ, that ***** thought he was good enough to wipe his cleats with a Terrible Towel.

TheWood56
02-01-2008, 01:28 AM
Damn it. Just noticed I can't give out green rep, only grey rep. WTF?!

TheWood56
02-01-2008, 01:30 AM
Why can't Timmons replace farrior.....foot is still fairly young

He's learning the mack position, not the buck position. Therefore he does not know Farrior's position, only Foote's.

TheWood56
02-01-2008, 01:34 AM
I hope yall dont hate me after I tell yall this. I got a picture and an autograph with Braylon Edwards, but I saw TJ Douchemanzadeh and I was cussing and yelling at him.

Edwards is a gun, even though he plays for the Browns. Whosyourmomma is a douchebag. I just don't like him. I love Anthony Smith for all the times he's jacked him up. :D

TheWood56
02-01-2008, 01:37 AM
what is this blasphemy you speak??!! he almost won it because he is that bad ass!!! get it right or get it tight!!

and hines, we can't be mad at the Braylon thing, he is one good ass receiver. but i will give you some +rep for cussing out TJ, that ***** thought he was good enough to wipe his cleats with a Terrible Towel.

I would also give Hines some positive rep, though I can't for some reason. Apparently I can only give out grey rep. WTF is that? Why's the rep I give out only grey?

TheWood56
02-01-2008, 01:38 AM

Yes. Love those brick wall defenders in Madden, though the big hitters are better. :)

TheWood56
02-01-2008, 01:43 AM

Farrior should have made the pro bowl over Ray Lewis. Lewis is overrated IMO.

Also, imagine how sick it would be if Foote had his tats in Madden. I'm talking about Madden on the 360 also. :cool:

brat316
02-01-2008, 08:38 AM
What do you guys think of the new mock by scott

gunners2020
02-01-2008, 09:20 AM

I think alberts a reach in the first, and i'd much rather have cason in the second

terribletowel39
02-01-2008, 10:08 AM
I would also give Hines some positive rep, though I can't for some reason. Apparently I can only give out grey rep. WTF is that? Why's the rep I give out only grey?
you can only give out rep that effects the poster once you have hit 500 post. anytime before that is grey. you have to establish yourself first. and i guess they thought 500 post was the right amt.

steelernation77
02-01-2008, 10:10 AM

two thumbs down.

I'd much rather have Chris Williams or Gosder Cherlius and some other CB like Cason or King in the second. If Albert is the pick in the first then i'd take Anthony Collins in the second.

skarocksoi
02-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Yeah that mock stinks. I'd take Williams in a heartbeat if he were available at that point. And a FS if the second? Did I miss something and did Ryan Clark retire or something? Everyone focuses on Ant Smith because of one thing he said in an intrview against the almighty Patriots. Drives me nuts.

I could make a Woodley-esque 25 page crazy man rant at this right about now.

terribletowel39
02-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Yeah that mock stinks. I'd take Williams in a heartbeat if he were available at that point. And a FS if the second? Did I miss something and did Ryan Clark retire or something? Everyone focuses on Ant Smith because of one thing he said in an intrview against the almighty Patriots. Drives me nuts.

I could make a Woodley-esque 25 page crazy man rant at this right about now.
there were actually a few people still on the board that i would have minded over what he gave us.

and remember if you do write up the Woodley Rant, make sure to distribute it into different threads and in the Steelers thread like seven times with different titles.

mikehop05
02-01-2008, 11:33 AM

its garbage and it usually is garbage for the steelers up until a few days before the draft

DeathbyStat
02-01-2008, 11:48 AM

WHY!!!?!!?

Jakey
02-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Yeah i concur...it stinks for the Steelers!

DeathbyStat
02-01-2008, 11:50 AM
its garbage and it usually is garbage for the steelers up until a few days before the draft

I agree he has us passing on Baker, Chris Williams and Cherilus.

Hell Calais Campbell was there too I might take him at that point.

I don't mind the Morgan pick in the second....I don't know much about him but we need FS depth.

I'd probly look for it in the third though

mikehop05
02-01-2008, 11:54 AM
I agree he has us passing on Baker, Chris Williams and Cherilus.

Hell Calais Campbell was there too I might take him at that point.

I don't mind the Morgan pick in the second....I don't know much about him but we need FS depth.

I'd probly look for it in the third though

we still have ryan clark

brat316
02-01-2008, 12:55 PM
I think if we go line for 2 of the first three pick we can be good along the line. I think that has to be our weakest point, even if it means 2 linemen in the first day. I would rather take tackle first and pick guard second, unless there was a standout guard which there really isn't.

Morgan would be good for depth if we got him in the third, he is a big guy letting him play close up to the line.

mikehop05
02-01-2008, 01:26 PM
I think if we go line for 2 of the first three pick we can be good along the line. I think that has to be our weakest point, even if it means 2 linemen in the first day. I would rather take tackle first and pick guard second, unless there was a standout guard which there really isn't.

Morgan would be good for depth if we got him in the third, he is a big guy letting him play close up to the line.

we dont need someone to play close to the line, our run D is solid

but i agree we need linemen

Santonio10
02-01-2008, 02:15 PM
If Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was there in the second, would you guys want him? He looks like he could be an awesome player, and he does have the same last name as the best corner in the league lol. I wouldn't mind getting this guy

terribletowel39
02-01-2008, 02:23 PM
first off, he won't be there in the 2nd. definitely not. he has some people saying he is the best corner in the draft. and secondly, Antonio Cromartie of the San Diego Charges isn't even in the top 5 of the best corners in the league today. he has amazing ball skills yes and makes a lot of interceptions, but as we as steeler fans all know, INT's don't mean everything as we have a top notch corner on our team that can't catch worth a damn. and thirdly, there is a reason they have the same last name......they are cousins.

Santonio10
02-01-2008, 02:29 PM
first off, he won't be there in the 2nd. definitely not. he has some people saying he is the best corner in the draft. and secondly, Antonio Cromartie of the San Diego Charges isn't even in the top 5 of the best corners in the league today. he has amazing ball skills yes and makes a lot of interceptions, but as we as steeler fans all know, INT's don't mean everything as we have a top notch corner on our team that can't catch worth a damn.

I know he probably wont be there in the second but im asking if for some reason he fell to the second would you take him? And i agree with you on the interception thing and i agree Ike is one of the best in the NFL, i just think Cromartie might be one ofthe best if not the best. Him and Champ Bailey are probably neck and neck in my opinion, but thats just my opinion, you can think whatever you want to.

terribletowel39
02-01-2008, 02:36 PM
I know he probably wont be there in the second but im asking if for some reason he fell to the second would you take him? And i agree with you on the interception thing and i agree Ike is one of the best in the NFL, i just think Cromartie might be one ofthe best if not the best. Him and Champ Bailey are probably neck and neck in my opinion, but thats just my opinion, you can think whatever you want to.
well yea if he fell to the 2nd i would want our boys to grab him.

and i would rather have champ, nmadi, woodson, hall, trufant, (maybe)harris, taylor, and samuel over cro. just off the top of my head. yea cro gave the offense the ball back but he got burned just as much.

Santonio10
02-01-2008, 02:37 PM
and I know that they are cousins, the first think people think when two people have the same last name is that they are related. thats what i was trying to imply there

Santonio10
02-01-2008, 02:41 PM
well yea if he fell to the 2nd i would want our boys to grab him.

and i would rather have champ, nmadi, woodson, hall, trufant, (maybe)harris, taylor, and samuel over cro. just off the top of my head. yea cro gave the offense the ball back but he got burned just as much.

Well hes still learing too. Even champs been burnt before, so its gonna happen no matter how good you are. Im not trying to argue with you im just saying haha :)

skarocksoi
02-01-2008, 04:46 PM
we still have ryan clark

Thats what I'm saying. I'm not opposed to drafting a safety, but we need a SS before a FS. Troy has been getting hurt rather frequently the past few years and carter is getting much older and slower. I'd like someone who can help out with the run more than a ballhawk. That is, unless we move Clark over to Strong Safety. If we do pick up a free safety, I'd like Silva in the 4th or 5th. I think thats a better value vs need situation there.

mikehop05
02-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Thats what I'm saying. I'm not opposed to drafting a safety, but we need a SS before a FS. Troy has been getting hurt rather frequently the past few years and carter is getting much older and slower. I'd like someone who can help out with the run more than a ballhawk. That is, unless we move Clark over to Strong Safety. If we do pick up a free safety, I'd like Silva in the 4th or 5th. I think thats a better value vs need situation there.

/ agree 10char.

Hines
02-01-2008, 05:37 PM
I think Morgan can play both, and honestly, I like the draft that Scott gave us. Albert gives us versatility and could play four of five positions. I would prefer Carl Nicks, but Albert is a really, really good player. Morgan in the second would be good. He has good ball skills and can tackle. Hey, it doesnt hurt to have some competition in camp now is it? I am sure Morgan can and will learn and play both positions just in case Poly goes down again(knock on wood). It gives us youth and for us to be able to cut Tyrone.

mikehop05
02-01-2008, 06:17 PM
I think Morgan can play both, and honestly, I like the draft that Scott gave us. Albert gives us versatility and could play four of five positions. I would prefer Carl Nicks, but Albert is a really, really good player. Morgan in the second would be good. He has good ball skills and can tackle. Hey, it doesnt hurt to have some competition in camp now is it? I am sure Morgan can and will learn and play both positions just in case Poly goes down again(knock on wood). It gives us youth and for us to be able to cut Tyrone.

no... competition is not a bad thing but when there are possible holes to fill thats what you need to addressee, whether they are holes now or in the near future

Hines
02-01-2008, 06:22 PM
no... competition is not a bad thing but when there are possible holes to fill thats what you need to addressee, whether they are holes now or in the near future

I understand that, but if they adress their main need in the first, and there is not a player in the second that is worth their spot, its not a bad thing to go bpa.

mikehop05
02-01-2008, 06:47 PM
I understand that, but if they adress their main need in the first, and there is not a player in the second that is worth their spot, its not a bad thing to go bpa.

but do you really think those players are BPA

i dont.. at all

Hines
02-01-2008, 06:48 PM
but do you really think those players are BPA

i dont.. at all

No, but if there is not a good value or one that fits a need, then I would go for the pick. I mean like I said, its not hurting anyone to bring some competition in.

Hines
02-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Let me ask you this, if Kenny Phillips was available in round 1, but we needed an olineman, you wouldnt take Phillips?

I mean this draft is filled up with olineman, I think we can pick two up in later rounds that will contribute just fine.

Hines
02-01-2008, 07:49 PM
I just relized that if the Jets didnt trade up to get Revis, he would be lining up with Ike Taylor in the secondary.

Hines
02-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Quick little mock:

We trade our first for Atlantas seconds and fifth.

2a) Brandon Albert G/T Virginia
2b) Jason Jones DE Eastern Michigan
2c) Justin King CB Penn State
3) Kennan Burton WR Kentucky
4) Quintin Demps S UTEP
5a) Donald Thomas G UCONN
5b) Thomas Brown RB Georgia
6) Paul Smith QB Tulsa

Some UDFA's we can look at:

WR Darnell Blackman- Will be kick and punt returner
WR De'Cody Fagg- basically a developmental prospect with good size(think of dallas baker)
CB Antwaun Molden- great size and speed, and is a good player
DE Marcus Dixon- great size, and is a good player overall. doesnt get the pub of Langford though
OLB Vince Redd- big, fast playmaker. came from little college of liberty. good pass rusher.
OT Demetrius Bell- i like his size, and frame. i think he could be better then capizzi and take a back up job somewhere.
DE Maurice Murray- big kid and will compete for a back up job

skarocksoi
02-01-2008, 10:05 PM
Albert in the second is much better value than a first round pick and you cover a wide range of positions to fill or upgrade. My only problem, which is a minor one, is picking another guard later on. I'd look for a tackle or at least a swing guy that can play a couple positions on the line. If you think that guy can do it, then that pick is ok by me.

Also I doubt Justin King will be there that late in the second. I know he didnt have a good season, but his physical skills and potential alone will probably make him a high to mid second round guy at worst.

skarocksoi
02-01-2008, 10:08 PM
I also noticed your last couple mocks were full of lesser known guys. Any reason for that or are you just trying to find all those unknown gems in one draft?

Hines
02-01-2008, 10:46 PM
I just try to fill our needs and upgrades with players and value that I think is there. I originally want Carl Nicks, but if we do move back into the second, I see Nicks gone in the first.

Albert can play guard and tackle and I think I read that he will be groomed to replace Starks or Smith. The other guard, well he can take over somewhere.

TheWood56
02-01-2008, 10:46 PM

If DRC was on the board with our 2nd round pick, I'd be very hard pressed to pass up on him.

TheWood56
02-01-2008, 11:03 PM

Honestly, I kind of am opposed to drafting a safety. We have Troy who's great, Clark who's very solid and a good player IMO, Smith who I still really like and think has great potential, and finally Carter, who's downfall is his speed, though I don't think he's a bad #4 safety to have. If something was to happen to Troy on the injury front and he had to miss a couple of games or something, I'd play Smith at SS. I really think he's more suited to SS. I like Clark at FS because he's a very safe player, and I think that's what you need to be when you're a FS in the Steelers defense, especially considering Troy's always up near the LOS and the FS usually has to be the single deep man and the last line of defense. Right now, Smith needs to play a little more disciplined IMO to take his game to the next level because I really think he could be a great player, but at the moment, I'd much rather have Clark at FS because he's more disciplined and is a safe player back there, where as Smith is kind of ill-disciplined and still bites in PA passes, and you just can't do that when you're the single deep man because Troy's up near the LOS. That's why if anything was to happen to Troy, I'd play Smith at SS. He could play Troy's role and play up near the LOS, which I think he could do. He's aggressive, a good defender, and a big hitter. In Troy's role, he wouldn't have to be the last line of defense and be the single deep man, he could cover the intermediate stuff and would also get more picks that way IMO, because he is known to be a ball hawk. He would also have more opportunities to lay the wood IMO, because he'd be closer to the action. I just think he'd really thrive in that role, though obviously with Troy at SS, he won't get that opportunity, though I really think that would suit his game more.

Anyways, that's just my thoughts on the safety situation.

Hines
02-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Fellas, I am mad because I didnt meet Santonio today, but I think Mr. Hines will be there tommarow because he will be in town for the Super Bowl with an event with Ray Lewis. Ill keep you guys posted.

skarocksoi
02-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Smith is a big hitter, but not a sure tackler, which is why I think he's better off hanging back and laying out recievers more than coming up and supporting the run. I agree though, that a safety is at the bottom of the list when it comes to draft needs.

This draft needs to be heavy on both sides of the line in my opinion. Tomlin likes physicallity and there's nothing more physical than some big maulers slamming into each other.

TheWood56
02-01-2008, 11:13 PM
you can only give out rep that effects the poster once you have hit 500 post. anytime before that is grey. you have to establish yourself first. and i guess they thought 500 post was the right amt.

Oh, okay then. I better start posting more then. :D

TheWood56
02-01-2008, 11:25 PM
Smith is a big hitter, but not a sure tackler, which is why I think he's better off hanging back and laying out recievers more than coming up and supporting the run. I agree though, that a safety is at the bottom of the list when it comes to draft needs.

This draft needs to be heavy on both sides of the line in my opinion. Tomlin likes physicallity and there's nothing more physical than some big maulers slamming into each other.

He's about as sure of a tackler as Troy is, though a bigger hitter. At this time in his career, it doesn't seem as though he has the discipline to play FS in the Steelers defense IMO, because he's just too aggressive which leads him to bite on PA passes and get himself out of position. I'd prefer to see him at SS where Troy plays if Troy were to ever go down, because in Troy's role, it just allows him to play with that reckless abandonment, and I think if Smith was at SS playing Troy's role, he'd be able to do that also and make an impact on the game. However you look at it though, I just don't think we need a safety, and I definately wouldn't want us to spend a draft pick on one.

Hines
02-01-2008, 11:30 PM
If you guys havent seen yet, Mike Tomlin got voted the Sexiest Coach in the NFL by Victoria Secret.

TheWood56
02-02-2008, 12:14 AM
If you guys havent seen yet, Mike Tomlin got voted the Sexiest Coach in the NFL by Victoria Secret.

Yeah, I saw that. Congratulations to him I guess.

I'm just so excited though, I can now say we have a sexy coach. :cool:

It's all I've ever wanted. ;)

mikehop05
02-02-2008, 02:37 AM
wooo tomlin

but i mean, who else they gonna vote for..??

coughlin? his **** is shriveled

Jakey
02-02-2008, 03:17 AM
Quick Mock

1: Chris Williams - OT - Vanderbilt - 6'6" - 320 - 5.15
2: Curtis Lofton - ILB - Oklahoma - 6'0" - 240 - 4.70
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_x4WvWEJO4
3: DJ Hall - WR - Alabama - 6'2" - 195 - 4.45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH_idY3JhM0
4: Chilo Rachal - OG - USC - 6'5" - 315 - 5.20
5: Chevis Jackson - CB - LSU - 6'0" - 190 - 4.45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3LV51KQr6c
6: Keilen Dykes - DE - WVU - 6'4" - 295 - 5.05

TheWood56
02-02-2008, 07:30 AM
wooo tomlin

but i mean, who else they gonna vote for..??

coughlin? his **** is shriveled

LOL

Did you just write his D-I-C-K is shrivelled?

Hines
02-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Quick Mock

I like it a lot BUT, Lofton will be a late first, early second round pick. If he did drop to the second, I will love to grab him. DJ Hall is a cancer waiting to happen. If he can straighten out, yes I will take him, but in the mean time, I dont want him. Rachal will be a second round pick, he will rise up the draft charts combine/pro days. Jackson may lack speed, but I think he goes in the third round. It was a good mock, just those players wont drop man.

steelersfan27
02-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Quick Mock

I like it except for Lofton in round 2. I would much rather see a DE be drafted there. and maybe Leman in the later rounds.

mikehop05
02-02-2008, 11:45 AM
not enough help in the d-trenches for me

mikehop05
02-02-2008, 11:46 AM
LOL

Did you just write his D-I-C-K is shrivelled?

possibly but then again i PUI

(posted under the influence)

Hines
02-02-2008, 09:58 PM
I met Jerome Bettis today, no bullshitting either. It was the one of the greatest moments in my life. Too bad he couldnt sign my Jerome Bettis book. I got to ask him a question, I was so ******* scared, you guys have no idea.

i.want.troys.hair
02-02-2008, 10:45 PM
Ok, the big needs as everyone knows are in the trenches. Next, special teams. This draft addresses those needs primarily. I also think we need some youth at corner, but I am targeting a CB with my first rounder next year (trade-up for Vontae Davis or take Macho Harris with our pick). Plus, I think that if we take CB this year we would have more than we need on the roster.

1 Jeff Otah- OT
Spends a year a RT, pushing Colon to RG. That would make the O-line: Smith-Simmons-Stapleton-Colon-Otah. I like it.

2 Trevor Laws- DE
I know what Stiller said about drafting big DEs insead of DTs, but I love Laws. I think he is a fantastic football player with an incredible motor and tons of heart. I think he could battle Keisel in training camp.

3 Eddie Royal- WR
Speedy, shifty, and a great returner. Pushes Ced off Roster (hopefully) and would make a great slot.

4 Jonathan Goff- ILB
I live in Nashville and have seen him play a bunch of times. In the least he will be an incredible back-up and special teamer. At most he would pu on some weight and possibly take over for Farrior.

5 Brandon Keith- OT/OG
He has apparantly really shined at the Texas vs. Nation game. He's big and strong and plays quicker than he times and has good feet for his 349 lb. frame. Could hopefully be ready by nex season to take over for RT.

6 Brian Johnston- DE
Here is the bigger DE. He played LDE for a small school, but he sill racked up 37 solo tackles and 24 TFL. I think that's pretty impressive, and I also think that he can get bigger. Will push McBean and Laws.

Santonio10
02-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Ok, the big needs as everyone knows are in the trenches. Next, special teams. This draft addresses those needs primarily. I also think we need some youth at corner, but I am targeting a CB with my first rounder next year (trade-up for Vontae Davis or take Macho Harris with our pick). Plus, I think that if we take CB this year we would have more than we need on the roster.

1 Jeff Otah- OT
Spends a year a RT, pushing Colon to RG. That would make the O-line: Smith-Simmons-Stapleton-Colon-Otah. I like it.

2 Trevor Laws- DE
I know what Stiller said about drafting big DEs insead of DTs, but I love Laws. I think he is a fantastic football player with an incredible motor and tons of heart. I think he could battle Keisel in training camp.

3 Eddie Royal- WR
Speedy, shifty, and a great returner. Pushes Ced off Roster (hopefully) and would make a great slot.

4 Jonathan Goff- ILB
I live in Nashville and have seen him play a bunch of times. In the least he will be an incredible back-up and special teamer. At most he would pu on some weight and possibly take over for Farrior.

5 Brandon Keith- OT/OG
He has apparantly really shined at the Texas vs. Nation game. He's big and strong and plays quicker than he times and has good feet for his 349 lb. frame. Could hopefully be ready by nex season to take over for RT.

6 Brian Johnston- DE
Here is the bigger DE. He played LDE for a small school, but he sill racked up 37 solo tackles and 24 TFL. I think that's pretty impressive, and I also think that he can get bigger. Will push McBean and Laws.

Vontae Davis would be an awesome get for next year if we dont get a CB in this draft. I like the mock by the way

Mr. Stiller
02-04-2008, 12:20 AM
****We are looking in this draft at 23, and Jon Stewart falls. We get a phonecall. Matt Millen desperately wants this kid. Kevin Jones and Roy Williams are on the out. They'll likely get a good pick (High 2nd rounder... ATL, OAK, BUF, DEN ect.)

Millen wants to get him in this year instead of waiting next year. Detroit offers us their 2009 1st, 2008 2nd and 3rd rounder. It's a little extra on their part, but they desperately want this kid.

2.15) Brandon Albert, OG, Virginia ~ 6'7 320lbs 5.35

He'll be our starter at LG immediately. Solidifying a faltering interior OL.

****At 2.23 we get another phone call. Minnesota needs someone. Pat Williams is aging and at 34 they really don't have a guy to come in after him. They see Dre Moore sitting there and ask us what do we want.. Well they offer 2 - 3rds and a 7th.

3.12) Eddie Royal, WR/KR/PR, Virginia Tech ~ 5'11 186lbs 4.33

Gives us a speedy and quick slot receiver and one of the best KR/PR's in college.

3.15) Brandon Flowers, CB, Virginia Tech ~ 5'11 200lbs 4.43

Gives us a Rookie Dime/Nickel back and challenges for the #2 spot in 2009.

3.17) John Greco, C/RG/RT, Toledo ~ 6'5 320lbs 5.22

This bull strong Collegiate LT will be trained at Center, and could contribute immediately at RG and RT.

3.23) Jordy Nelson, WR, Kansas State ~ 6'3 215lbs 4.52

Nelson will make a good receiver. Big, physical, great hands, quick. Can work into the starting lineup as soon as 2009.

4.23) Kellen Davis, TE, Michigan State ~ 6'6 260lbs 4.70

Davis is a TE that could really give us elite TE depth. With Arians longing of a solid 3 TE set, I think we could get Davis. He's a solid Blocker and would probably be the best mismatch in the passing game that we've had.

5.23) Spencer Larsen, ILB, Arizona ~ 6'3 245lbs 4.77

A special teamer at first. He could push for the starting spot after James Farrior retires, he replaces Clint Kreidwaldt.

6.23) Keilen Dykes, DE, West Virginia ~ 6'5 295lbs 4.85

Dykes gives us a Strongside DE as a rookie. Eventually challenges for the Starting spot.

7.17) Johnny Dingle, DE, West Virginia ~ 6'3 279lbs 4.81

Though a bit undersized is an excellent passrusher in a 3 man front, He replaces Kirschke and is a pass rushing specialist for us as he bulks up and grows into a potential every down player.

UDFA's:

Alex Brink, QB, Washington State
Xavier Omon, RB, NWSU
Rolly Lumbala, FB, Idaho
Patrick Carter, WR, Louisville
Danny Amendola, WR/RS, Texas Tech
Jaymar Jackson, WR/RS, Jackson State
Brandon Keith, OT, Northern Iowa
Thaddeus Coleman, OT, Mississippi Valley State

Marcus Dixon, DE, Hampton
Frank Morton, NT, Tulane
Rob Jackson, OLB, Kansas State
Eric Foster, ILB, Rutgers
Joe Mays, ILB, North Dakota State
Rudolph Hardie, OLB, Howard
Michael Hinton, CB, Mankato State
Corey Lynch, FS, Appalachian State
Matt Castelo, LB/SS, San Jose State

2009 Draft:

1a) Ricky Sapp, OLB, Clemson ~ 6'4 245lbs 4.52

Sapp gives us something that we've been lacking in the 3-4. He has the Lanky frame that could add 10-15 lbs and it might make him faster a tad even. He's got the long arms to keep OT's out of his body. He's got the hips to succeed in coverage. He's strong and can actually bullrush his opponent. When Farrior retires, we might put a stopgap in there, slide Harrison over at the end of his career and put Sapp in there to give us a killer weakside edge rusher we've been missing since Lloyd. Sapp and Woodley on the edge would be devastating, especially with what we could potentially field in the interior.

1b) Andrew Gardner, LT, Wake Forest ~ 6'6 298lbs 5.02

Gardner is a LT that can take anyone out of the game, and is fast enough to eliminate even the fastest edge rushers. He can also provide push in the run game and will only get better as he continues to grow.

The rest is based on FA, and 2008 draft class and too hard to divulge into.

If you want to question the TE pick, I stand by it.

terribletowel39
02-04-2008, 12:39 AM
i actually like the mock, granted i don't believe for a second that it will go down like that. but i think it gives us good players to do something with. and i like the TE selection as well. with all that trading you did, why not pick up our third TE later.

mikehop05
02-04-2008, 12:41 AM
****We are looking in this draft at 23, and Jon Stewart falls. We get a phonecall. Matt Millen desperately wants this kid. Kevin Jones and Roy Williams are on the out. They'll likely get a good pick (High 2nd rounder... ATL, OAK, BUF, DEN ect.)

Millen wants to get him in this year instead of waiting next year. Detroit offers us their 2009 1st, 2008 2nd and 3rd rounder. It's a little extra on their part, but they desperately want this kid.

2.15) Brandon Albert, OG, Virginia ~ 6'7 320lbs 5.35

He'll be our starter at LG immediately. Solidifying a faltering interior OL.

****At 2.23 we get another phone call. Minnesota needs someone. Pat Williams is aging and at 34 they really don't have a guy to come in after him. They see Dre Moore sitting there and ask us what do we want.. Well they offer 2 - 3rds and a 7th.

3.12) Eddie Royal, WR/KR/PR, Virginia Tech ~ 5'11 186lbs 4.33

Gives us a speedy and quick slot receiver and one of the best KR/PR's in college.

3.15) Brandon Flowers, CB, Virginia Tech ~ 5'11 200lbs 4.43

Gives us a Rookie Dime/Nickel back and challenges for the #2 spot in 2009.

3.17) John Greco, C/RG/RT, Toledo ~ 6'5 320lbs 5.22

This bull strong Collegiate LT will be trained at Center, and could contribute immediately at RG and RT.

3.23) Jordy Nelson, WR, Kansas State ~ 6'3 215lbs 4.52

Nelson will make a good receiver. Big, physical, great hands, quick. Can work into the starting lineup as soon as 2009.

4.23) Kellen Davis, TE, Michigan State ~ 6'6 260lbs 4.70

Davis is a TE that could really give us elite TE depth. With Arians longing of a solid 3 TE set, I think we could get Davis. He's a solid Blocker and would probably be the best mismatch in the passing game that we've had.

5.23) Spencer Larsen, ILB, Arizona ~ 6'3 245lbs 4.77

A special teamer at first. He could push for the starting spot after James Farrior retires, he replaces Clint Kreidwaldt.

6.23) Keilen Dykes, DE, West Virginia ~ 6'5 295lbs 4.85

Dykes gives us a Strongside DE as a rookie. Eventually challenges for the Starting spot.

7.17) Johnny Dingle, DE, West Virginia ~ 6'3 279lbs 4.81

Though a bit undersized is an excellent passrusher in a 3 man front, He replaces Kirschke and is a pass rushing specialist for us as he bulks up and grows into a potential every down player.

UDFA's:

Alex Brink, QB, Washington State
Xavier Omon, RB, NWSU
Rolly Lumbala, FB, Idaho
Patrick Carter, WR, Louisville
Danny Amendola, WR/RS, Texas Tech
Jaymar Jackson, WR/RS, Jackson State
Brandon Keith, OT, Northern Iowa
Thaddeus Coleman, OT, Mississippi Valley State

Marcus Dixon, DE, Hampton
Frank Morton, NT, Tulane
Rob Jackson, OLB, Kansas State
Eric Foster, ILB, Rutgers
Joe Mays, ILB, North Dakota State
Rudolph Hardie, OLB, Howard
Michael Hinton, CB, Mankato State
Corey Lynch, FS, Appalachian State
Matt Castelo, LB/SS, San Jose State

2009 Draft:

1a) Ricky Sapp, OLB, Clemson ~ 6'4 245lbs 4.52

Sapp gives us something that we've been lacking in the 3-4. He has the Lanky frame that could add 10-15 lbs and it might make him faster a tad even. He's got the long arms to keep OT's out of his body. He's got the hips to succeed in coverage. He's strong and can actually bullrush his opponent. When Farrior retires, we might put a stopgap in there, slide Harrison over at the end of his career and put Sapp in there to give us a killer weakside edge rusher we've been missing since Lloyd. Sapp and Woodley on the edge would be devastating, especially with what we could potentially field in the interior.

1b) Andrew Gardner, LT, Wake Forest ~ 6'6 298lbs 5.02

Gardner is a LT that can take anyone out of the game, and is fast enough to eliminate even the fastest edge rushers. He can also provide push in the run game and will only get better as he continues to grow.

The rest is based on FA, and 2008 draft class and too hard to divulge into.

If you want to question the TE pick, I stand by it.

great draft i just can only wish itll happen

Jakey
02-04-2008, 10:00 AM
I just found an absolutely rediculous prospect...i havn't seen him play, but his triangle numbers alone are enough to garner a second look.

Mike Tolbert - FB - Coastal Carolina - 5'9" - 250 - 4.68

All i can say is...Bowling Ball! :)

Mr. Stiller
02-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Jakey.

Rolly Lumbala would be a monstrous FB.. as well as Jehuu Caulcrick as a RB. Not fast but awesome.

4.68 isn't really that great. I doubt we take him. Or sign him. We didn't like Hunts lack of speed.

On that note:

Trade our 1st for a 1st, 3rd and 4th from NYG.

1) Jeff Otah, RT/LT(?), Pittsburgh
2) Branden Albert, LG, Virginia
3a) Brandon Flowers, CB, Virginia Tech
3b) Eddie Royal, WR/RS, Virginia Tech
4a) John Greco, G/C/RT, Toledo
4b) Nick Hayden, LDE, Wisconsin
5) Keilen Dykes, RDE, West Virginia
6) Frank Morton, NT, Tulane

mikehop05
02-04-2008, 04:22 PM
i like it, not sexy but is exactly what we need

if chris williams is there at 23 i dont want to trade though

Hines
02-04-2008, 04:59 PM
One move I would make is cutting Najeh and trade for Duece McCalister. Yes Duece has a serious injury, but if he gets cleared to play, Duece and Willie would be deadly. I would put a fourth in it.

steelersfan27
02-04-2008, 05:17 PM
One move I would make is cutting Najeh and trade for Duece McCalister. Yes Duece has a serious injury, but if he gets cleared to play, Duece and Willie would be deadly. I would put a fourth in it.

we can only dream....

steelersfan27
02-04-2008, 05:20 PM
mr. stiller your mock is strangely familiar. i saw the same exact mock on footballsfuture.com. hmm?

DeeJay wrote:
I did this with the trade we did 2 yeras ago.. but backwards, this time NYG trade up..

Trade our 1st for a 1st, 3rd and 4th from NYG.

1) Jeff Otah, RT/LT(?), Pittsburgh
2) Branden Albert, LG, Virginia
3a) Brandon Flowers, CB, Virginia Tech
3b) Jordy Nelson, WR, Kansas State
4a) John Greco, G/C/RT, Toledo
4b) Nick Hayden, LDE, Wisconsin
5) Keilen Dykes, RDE, West Virginia
6) Frank Morton, NT, Tulane

Hines
02-04-2008, 05:22 PM
we can only dream....

I hope you know, we can pull it off. The Saints are more content to keep Pierre Thomas as their back up running back to Bush. Plus they have Aaron Stecker which leaves Deuce available. Deuce can be our share helper for Willie for a few years untill we find a younger, more potential guy.

terribletowel39
02-04-2008, 05:27 PM
mr. stiller your mock is strangely familiar. i saw the same exact mock on footballsfuture.com. hmm?
thats cuz he is DeeJay on footballsfuture.com forums. ;-)

mikehop05
02-04-2008, 05:38 PM
I hope you know, we can pull it off. The Saints are more content to keep Pierre Thomas as their back up running back to Bush. Plus they have Aaron Stecker which leaves Deuce available. Deuce can be our share helper for Willie for a few years untill we find a younger, more potential guy.

im done getting deuces after the last one deuced on us

steelersfan27
02-04-2008, 05:43 PM

oh i know we can, but we wont. mr rooney and this organization isnt the type to after big names.

steelersfan27
02-04-2008, 05:46 PM
thats cuz he is DeeJay on footballsfuture.com forums. ;-)

ahh...i knew something was up. anyone else have footballsfuture accounts? i have been trying to make 1 but somehow i cant get it 2 be activated

Mr. Stiller
02-04-2008, 06:41 PM
ahh...i knew something was up. anyone else have footballsfuture accounts? i have been trying to make 1 but somehow i cant get it 2 be activated

They send a message to your email with a link you have to click.

Jakey
02-05-2008, 07:33 AM
Jakey.

Rolly Lumbala would be a monstrous FB.. as well as Jehuu Caulcrick as a RB. Not fast but awesome.

4.68 isn't really that great. I doubt we take him. Or sign him

I was thinking as an UDFA...i really dont want to draft any FB! :p

Hines
02-05-2008, 07:47 AM
I was thinking as an UDFA...i really dont want to draft any FB! :p

If we do draft a FB, the one I want is Jerome Felton from Furman. I believe he could be our short yardage back.

ryanrayne
02-05-2008, 09:38 AM
How about TJ Duckett? If I recall correctly, Pgh was looking to acquire him on draft day a few years back from Atlanta. Atlanta wanted a future draft pick in the next years draft. The steelers don't usually operate that way. They nixed the trade and ended up drafting Ced Humes in the 7th. He was with Detroit last year and was hardly used. I heard rumblings that they want to draft another running back? This man is a LOAD. Draftdaddy.com lists him as an UFA. Why not take a chance on that?

Hines
02-05-2008, 09:40 AM
How about TJ Duckett? If I recall correctly, Pgh was looking to acquire him on draft day a few years back from Atlanta. Atlanta wanted a future draft pick in the next years draft. The steelers don't usually operate that way. They nixed the trade and ended up drafting Ced Humes in the 7th. He was with Detroit last year and was hardly used. I heard rumblings that they want to draft another running back? This man is a LOAD. Draftdaddy.com lists him as an UFA. Why not take a chance on that?

I would rather take a chance on a crippled Duece McCalister.

Jakey
02-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Yeah...i would prefer Najeh to Duckett! ;) And thats saying something!

skarocksoi
02-05-2008, 04:56 PM
What ever happened to Humes? Is he still around somewhere or is he gone from the league?

terribletowel39
02-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Deuce is a manimal. i don't care if we have had a bad experience with another Deuce. McAlister runs like he wants to hurt somebody.

ryanrayne
02-05-2008, 08:39 PM
I do see your point on a hobbled McCallister. Would he be available without giving up too much??

Mr. Stiller
02-05-2008, 08:43 PM
I do see your point on a hobbled McCallister. Would he be available without giving up too much??

After a major knee injury, and dependant on passing a physical and overall Cost I'd be for it.

I don't want him as the starter, but I wouldn't mind him as the 100-150 carry backup.

Imagine Parker getting 15-17 and Deuce about 5-8, maybe even a 60-40 mix.

As for "Another Deuce".

DUCE Staley and DEUCE McAllister are 2 different RB's.

Mr. Stiller
02-06-2008, 12:11 AM
I did a trenches Mock:

What.. I Can't let you guys have all the fun.

Here we go. My standard Giants trade...

UFA: Ernest Wilford, WR, Jaguars (Bolsters WR depth and we get Bens big WR)

1) Kentwan Balmer, DE/DT, North Carolina ~ 6'5 308lbs 4.98
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/48/480024.jpg
Gives us weakside DE depth behind Brett Keisel and with his size/strength should be able to contribute immediately.

2) Brandon Albert, OG/OT, Virginia ~ 6'7 315lbs 5.34
Branden Albert (University of Virginia)

Gives us a starter at the vacated LG spot, and a possible future LT.

3a) Red Bryant, NT/DE, Texas A&M ~ 6'4 325lbs 5.05
http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/56164163.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CE9146447B63EF5562 A40A659CEC4C8CB6
Gives us a Strongside DE. He reminds me of a bigger, faster, stronger Casey Hampton. He's not the greatest passrusher per se, but he can command double teams every play. Gets push and makes a ton of plays in the backfield. Fun stat of the day. Of the 125 rushes directed at him, 89 yards were gained. What does that equate to per play? a total of .71 yards per rush. I think he can collapse the pocket on the right side, and with him commanding RT and RG attention, that will likely leave LaMarr Woodley 1 on 1 with the RB, or free. He could probably add another 10 lbs to his frame with no negative effects on his athleticism or speed/explosion.

3b) John Greco, C/G/T, Toledo ~ 6'5 320lbs 5.22
http://toledorockets.net/football/images/2006/johngreco.jpg
This guy can play all 4 exterior positions and likely Center as a sophmore.

4a) Alvin Bowen, LB/ST, Iowa State ~ 6'3 230lbs 4.58
http://www.thecrockedpot.com/blogger/uploaded_images/bowen-746253.jpg
Special Teams ace that could grow into an interior LB spot. with 4.5 speed he's a bit of a tweener per se. He is a SS/LB type. He amassed 155 tackles last season. With an additional 10-15lbs He could possibly contend for Buck, especially with Tomlin/LeBeau wanting 2 athletic young guys inside their 4 LB alignment.

4b) Trae Williams, CB, South Florida ~ 5'11 193lbs 4.35
http://www.sptimes.com/2007/04/15/images/TP_264922_garn_USF_2.jpg
Williams might just be one of those guys taht falls for no reason. Classic build, good change of direction skills. Fluid in and out of breaks. Gives us a guy that can cover quick slot receivers and actually has hands.

5) Jamie Silva, SS, Boston College ~ 5'11 215lbs 4.58
http://media.scout.com/media/image/35/358071.jpg
Tyrone Carter is small and doesn't provide much in terms of play. Replacing him with a young instinctual player like Silva who could end up being the ST's captain seems like the right move to make.

6) Cory Boyd, RB, South Carolina ~ 6'1 218lbs 4.51
http://a.abcnews.com/images/Sports/0dc54e87-a625-46b5-bf93-4e6e756540ba_ms.jpeg

I watched the EW Shrine game 4 times now and I kept seeing Boyd and Green-Ellis stick out. Both are shifty, and can run people over. Boyd needs a little technique work (Basically just get that shoulder down). But I give him the edge because he's a tad faster, and he's a solid receiver.

/////////////////////UDFA\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Alex Brink, QB, Washington State ~ 6'2 212lbs 4.86

Alex gives us a guy to challenge Zabransky for our 3rd QB roster spot. He was a top notch QB for Washington State.

Rolly Lumbala, FB, Idaho ~ 6'1 254 4.71

Lumbala is just a physical Monster. He's basically a faster version of Carey Davis, who will actually knock someone out of the running lane. He's returned Kicks, and has been used as an H-back (Short Yardage, Receiver, TE). I don't know who I could realistically compare him too. I think he's slower than Hillis, but he may be a better blocker.

Jaymar Johnson, WR/RS, Jackson State ~ 6'1 193lbs 4.38

Jaymar is a quick cutting, but smoot wr with good hands and explosive abilities. He's also a return specialist and I think he could stick with this team. We bring him in to create a "Best RS wins" Challenge. Reid, Bloom, Jackson and my next guy.

Danny Amendola, WR/RS, Texas Tech ~ 5'11 173lbs 4.45

We're going to keep signing return specialists until we get a good one. See Jaymars description.

Adam Kraus, C/G, Michigan ~ 6'6 310lbs 5.28

Adam took one for the team this year doing the same thing Samson Satele did for Hawaii in 06. He made the move from LG to C. He showed potential at both positions and could be a developmental prospect or at worst, depth.

Andrew Bain, C/G, Miami(FL) ~ 6'3 325lbs 5.15

Quick Agile lineman that makes me want to see more. We take the winner of the Kraus/Bain matchup.

Robert Henderson, DE, Southern Miss ~ 6'4 280lbs 4.78

We like to have some DL depth on the PS and I think Henderson can add some weight and be a pretty solid rotational DE and Special Teamer.

Frank Morton, NT, Tulane ~ 6'3 318lbs 5.28

Morton is a developmental prospect in the mold of Jamal Williams/Casey Hampton. He's a double team drawing, 2 down, 2 gap run plugger.

Eric Foster, ILB, Rutgers ~ 6'1 275lbs 4.85

I think Foster could be a 2-3 year project, but losing 15 lbs, I think his speed will be top notch and he could be a top ILB in the league. He can shed Blocks, and lives in other teams backfields.

Bo Ruud, ILB, Nebraska ~ 6'3 243lbs 4.71

I'm giving Ruud the benefit of the doubt here. His brother is one of the better MLB's in the league. He has the size. I admit I haven't seen more than one game of him, but he seems like a good talent to develop.

Hilee Taylor, ROLB, North Carolina ~ 6'3 242lbs 4.65

Taylor played DE at 242lbs all season. He has OLB capable hips and smooth coverage ability (They did drop him into coverage on occasion). He and Balmer were the defensive Captains. With his size/speed ratio, he may actually give us a speed rusher to give James Harrison a few breathers.

Vincent Redd, LOLB, Liberty ~ 6'6 263lbs 4.73

I think Redd would impress the staff enough to keep him on the active roster as LOLB Depth, Nickel SDE depth and a key ST player. Can never have too many good passrushers.

Jack Ikegwuonu, CB, Wisconsin ~ 6'2 208lbs 4.42

Jack falling to UDFA, injury or not is worth the chance. Get him to sign then put him on the PUP/IR and allow him to heal with the team, then let him challenge for a roster spot with a season in the playbook, and healed.

Jerrid Gaines, CB, Miami(OH) ~ 5'11 192lbs 4.36

Gaines is going UDFA because he's somewhat raw. In drills he knows how to emulate the perfect cover form. However on the field he seems to forget what he's practiced. I think he'd make a heck of a project.

Dylan Barker, FS, Saskatchewan ~ 6'4 210lbs 4.52

I only saw him in the EW Shrine game but his play makes me intrigued. I'm curious how a 6'4 210lb FS/SS plays in our scheme. I'm sure there's probably more pro ready guys (Ryan Mundy, WVU?) but I'm really really interested in seeing this kid develop.

Santonio10
02-06-2008, 12:28 PM
I really like the red bryant pick. I think he could be an animal. I also like brandon albert in the second as well. Im not sure about kentwan balmer in the first though.

Mr. Stiller
02-06-2008, 12:41 PM
I really like the red bryant pick. I think he could be an animal. I also like brandon albert in the second as well. Im not sure about kentwan balmer in the first though.

He's the one I'm debating about.

ryanrayne
02-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Cedric Humes RB New York Giants

Height: 6'0' Weight: 227 DOB: 8/7/1983 Age: 24

Jul. 27, 2007 - 4:03 p.m. ET

Giants waived RB Cedric Humes.

Humes, who lacks speed, was going to be on the practice squad at best.

terribletowel39
02-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Cedric Humes RB New York Giants

Height: 6'0' Weight: 227 DOB: 8/7/1983 Age: 24

Jul. 27, 2007 - 4:03 p.m. ET

Giants waived RB Cedric Humes.

Humes, who lacks speed, was going to be on the practice squad at best.
he never became good.....at all.....ever....

skarocksoi
02-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Another late round waste of a pick.

Mr. Stiller
02-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Anyone think Trannon makes the roster?

Positives: Has a tall, wide frame with solid muscle development, long limbs, good strength and thick thigh and calf definition and long limbs ...Has good vertical speed for split end, but better quickness for H-Back or tight end...Shows good initial quickness off the snap and it is very rare to see him throttle down when not involved in the play...Demonstrates good toughness competing for the ball at its high point...Has the size and hand strength to defeat press coverage, as it is very hard to reroute him due to his big frame...Is developing a good feel for settling into the zone's soft spots...Shows the agility to separate coming out of his breaks, as he flashes a sharp initial burst off the snap and has the long arms and strength to get by the hold up and into his routes...Knows how to use his body to his advantage when boxing out defenders and does a good job of securing the ball before heading up field after the catch...The thing you see on 2006 film is that he has greatly improved his ability to use his long arms to make the play, as he now does a much better job extending for the high and low throws as a senior than he did in the past...Made good strides as a senior sinking his hips and settling in the soft spot of the zone...Sneaks up on cornerbacks and has the leg drive to power through arm tackles...Uses his body to his advantage to box out the defenders on short routes...Showed the ability to catch with his hands extended from his body and continued to improve with increased reps...When working through traffic, he is not shy and will mix it up with a defender when competing for the jump ball...Developed a good feel for tracking the ball in flight and showed improvement making the over-the-shoulder grabs...Does not have the blazing speed to run past defensive backs, but keeps his pad level low and drives through arm tackles with good power...Uses his body well to shield the ball from the defender and secure the ball after the catch...His basketball experience is evident, as he consistently gets to the ball at its high point...Does an adequate job of using his long arms to reach over and around the defender to make the catch...Will work to take the ball from a defender when attempting to catch the ball in a crowd...Has a good kick in his step and makes proper body adjustments to catch the off-target throws...Has the athletic agility to make the over-the-shoulder grabs and the flexibility to get low to scoop up the shoe-string passes...Hard for defenders to bring down in isolated coverage and shows some hip wiggle to elude...Won't overpower a defender as a blocker, but will get after linemen and has enough hand strength to jolt and sustain.

Negatives: Adequate route runner who needs work defining his cuts...Drifts and rounds some routes and will also drop his hands coming out of his break...Still rounds his cuts and drops his hands a bit when breaking, but shows a smooth stride to get under the ball...Needs more work on defining his cuts, but has that long stride that lets him pull away from the bigger defenders after the catch...Still learning how to read defenses and will lose his concentration some, resulting in a few dropped passes...Not always quick to recognize coverages and hot reads, but shows the body control needed to come back for the poorly thrown ball...Will still revert to body catching, but he continues to gain confidence in his large, soft hands...Still a work in progress locating linebackers to neutralize when blocking down field, but it is not due to a lack of effort...Is improving as a blocker, but needs to play with more aggression and do a better job of locating and neutralizing linebackers as a cut blocker...His tall frame prevents him from sinking his hips at times (does have good wiggle), causing him to glide out of his breaks.

Compares To: PLAXICO BURRESS-New York Giants-Trannon is a mismatch for smaller cornerbacks and has that excellent leaping ability and size to get to most of the high passes. He is still working on refining his routes, but shows good strength to break tackles and knows how to use his size to shield defenders from the ball.

Jakey
02-06-2008, 05:58 PM
^ I hope so, i really liked the kid last year...so im pleased that we picked him up! :)

terribletowel39
02-06-2008, 06:12 PM
i like the trenches mock a lot. i really like all of them. especiall Balmer and Bryant. they both are monsters and i like the attitude that Bryant has.

i'm thinking Trannon is a good pick up. no matter what Hines says, a taller WR is always a good thing to have.

Jakey
02-06-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Balmer in the 1st...he has allot of potential, and he would be an upgrade over Keisel from day1. That said i think there is too much talent at OT to pass up in the first two rounds, Albert might be able to play tackle, but i want a player who can definately play tackle...Williams, Otah, Cherilus, Baker, Nicks etc etc...

Between; Kendall Simmons, Willie Colon, Chris Kemoeatu, Sean Mahan, and another praft pick...i think we can have two good starting OG's next year.

I'm thinking something like...

LT: Marvel Smith - Chris Williams
LG: Kendall Simmons - Sean Mahan
C: Willie Colon - Darnell Stapleton
RG: Chris Kemoeatu - Willie Colon
RT: Chris Williams - Jason Capizzi

If we draft another rook like, Albert, Shuening, Rachal etc...we would have a pretty awsome line again. What do u guys think?

terribletowel39
02-06-2008, 06:35 PM
switch Colon and Simmons, Simmons has no business being on the line unless it is to help Kemo or Colon with blocking someone and hiking the ball to Ben.

ryanrayne
02-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Trannon may work out..I think it's a good signing. It's not like he came from a small school. He was a Michigan State.

Steelers sign two
Wednesday, February 06, 2008
Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Three weeks after Ben Roethlisberger publicly proclaimed he'd like a tall receiver in 2008, the Steelers acquired one.

Matt Trannon, a 6-foot-6 receiver who played at Michigan State, signed with the Steelers, as did quarterback Jared Zabransky of Boise State.

Trannon signed with the Arizona Cardinals last year as an undrafted rookie and was cut in training camp. He spent time on the practice squads of the Cardinals, Chiefs and Raiders last season. He weighs 235 pounds.

The Post-Gazette reported last week that Zabransky was on the verge of signing. He was an undrafted rookie with the Houston Texans and spent part of last season on their practice squad.

Trannon has decent speed...4.57
College stats
MATT TRANNON STATS Receiving
Statistics No Yds Avg TD
2006 44 518 11.8 3
2005 40 573 14.3 4
2004 36 405 11.3 2
2003 28 259 9.3 0
2002 0 0 0.0 0
Career 148 1,755 11.9 9

mikehop05
02-06-2008, 10:04 PM
trannons endzone numbers are kinda low for a 6'6" guy

though it is michigan state so..

Mr. Stiller
02-06-2008, 10:51 PM
trannons endzone numbers are kinda low for a 6'6" guy

though it is michigan state so..

MSU was running the option offense.

Look at Justin King, Derrick Williams and that 3rd Receiver from PSU when Michael Robinson was QB.

Mr. Stiller
02-06-2008, 10:56 PM
switch Colon and Simmons, Simmons has no business being on the line unless it is to help Kemo or Colon with blocking someone and hiking the ball to Ben.

Simmons actually looked better as the season wore on.

I'd give him the "Most consistent OL of the 2nd half of the Season" award.

Marvel looked good earlier.. he'd get the first half.

I think Zierlein is getting through to the younger guys (Simmons, Colon, etc.)

Mr. Stiller
02-07-2008, 12:07 AM
I think I'm going to change my Trenches mock:

1) Jeff Otah, RT->LT, Pittsburgh
2) Brandon Albert, LG, Virginia
3a) Red Bryant, LDE/NT, Texas A&M
3b) John Greco, G/T, Toledo
4a) Alvin Bowen, ILB/ST, Iowa State
4b) Trae Williams, CB, South Florida
5) Jamie Silva, SS/ST, Boston College
6) Keilen Dykes, RDE/ST, West Virginia

mikehop05
02-07-2008, 12:15 AM
I think I'm going to change my Trenches mock:

1) Jeff Otah, RT->LT, Pittsburgh
2) Brandon Albert, LG, Virginia
3a) Red Bryant, LDE/NT, Texas A&M
3b) John Greco, G/T, Toledo
4a) Alvin Bowen, ILB/ST, Iowa State
4b) Trae Williams, CB, South Florida
5) Jamie Silva, SS/ST, Boston College
6) Keilen Dykes, RDE/ST, West Virginia

nah man too much o-line not enough D

our d-line is our biggest concern heading into this draft, if anytthing take out greco and throw in langford, i know u got dykes in there but langford is build to be a steeler

Jakey
02-07-2008, 04:27 AM
Quick Mock - Ultra-original IMO ;)

1: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - CB
2: Carl Nicks - OT
3: Kendall Langford - DE
4: DJ Hall - WR
5: Brandon Keith - OT/OG
6: Chase Ortiz - OLB/ST

I would love this mock :)

Santonio10
02-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Does anyone know how dallas baker is progressing?

DeathbyStat
02-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Does anyone know how dallas baker is progressing?

I watched Dallas Baker in training camp and he was awfull....I'm really suprised he made the team.

His hands were really bad.

Although I'm sure, he might have made progress since.

steelersgirl5
02-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Whats up guys?? Literally. I'm new and just wanted to say hello. Thanks.

Crazy_Chris
02-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Not a steelers fan but, just wanted to say finally(Atleast since I have been here) this site has been graced with the presence of a woman that likes football. This is indeed a good day :)... and Hello

DeathbyStat
02-07-2008, 07:02 PM

Hey whats ups...good to have you....has there ever been a chick on here

terribletowel39
02-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Hey whats ups...good to have you....has there ever been a chick on here
well not on the steelers forum but awfullyquiet is a female as well. and there are rumors that cardsalltheway is but.....who knows.

mikehop05
02-07-2008, 07:43 PM
well she def picked the right team / name if she is the first one but... other than that glad to always get new steeler's fans here

brat316
02-07-2008, 11:49 PM
a chick on a football forum and putting the words girl in your name, man your asking for it. Also makes me think why would a girl do that.

But anyways draft wise, i am kind of bored this is a slow time hopefully after pro bowl things pick up again.

Mr. Stiller
02-08-2008, 01:38 AM

Hi there,

I'm the resident idiot.

Hines is the resident porn princess.

MTHop is the resident Maryland homer.

Other guys randomly appear.

Don't forget, Tommy Blake said the Strongside is the left side of the defense.

TheWood56
02-08-2008, 03:36 AM
Hi there,

I'm the resident idiot.

And I'm the guy who can only give out grey rep. :mad:

Also, don't forget, MOS said the strongside is the right side of the defense. ;)

Jakey
02-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Hi dont forget i have a big schlong ;) lol

Nah, glad to have another Steelers fan on here, and i am ashamed to say that i do not know one girl who is a Stillers fan. So glad to speak to you!

terribletowel39
02-08-2008, 10:18 AM
you guys are ridiculous, oogling and what not. i'm proud to say i recruited the first female steelers poster. she is a steelers fan in training so help educate her.

steelersgirl5
02-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Hi dont forget i have a big schlong ;) lol
I will try not to forget that, but the outspoken-ness seems like over compensation ;)
Nah, glad to have another Steelers fan on here, and i am ashamed to say that i do not know one girl who is a Stillers fan. So glad to speak to you!
Like Terribletowel said, I am trying to learn.

And I'm the guy who can only give out grey rep. :mad:

Also, don't forget, MOS said the strongside is the right side of the defense. ;)
Don't worry, I'm the only girl, and I can only give out grey rep too!

Hi there,

I'm the resident idiot.

Hines is the resident porn princess.I have heard the stories! :) love it.

steelersgirl5
02-08-2008, 10:31 AM
a chick on a football forum and putting the words girl in your name, man your asking for it. Also makes me think why would a girl do that.

But anyways draft wise, i am kind of bored this is a slow time hopefully after pro bowl things pick up again.
I figured boys would be more patient with teaching a girl willing to learn....and I had nothing else.

Jakey
02-08-2008, 10:45 AM
^ That was the post of the devil...666!

She is a devil girrrl! w00t

steelersgirl5
02-08-2008, 11:06 AM
^ That was the post of the devil...666!

She is a devil girrrl! w00t

haha! that sucks, had to happen to someone right? :)

terribletowel39
02-08-2008, 11:08 AM
so how about some football you love birds??

I liked the last mock. i wouldn't mind it at all. i like DRC. and Langford, don't know much about Nicks but he seems to be creeping up the boards. Hall has potential. and thats all i really care about because 90% of the time nothing past round 4 does anything for us.

steelersgirl5
02-08-2008, 11:11 AM
so how about some football you love birds??

You mean you guys talk football on this thing? ;)

Jakey
02-08-2008, 11:13 AM
lol im sorry man, this is an unusual event in the history of NFLDC :D

Kk some football...Lamarr Woodley is gonna be a beast, i'll eat my hat if the Steelers dont draft a OT in the first round this year, Santonio Holmes will go for 1,000 yards next season, Gary Russell will suprise allot of ppl, Anthony Smith will play well. That is just some of my predictions.

How much do you/dont know about football and the Steelers etc???

steelersgirl5
02-08-2008, 11:42 AM
How much do you/dont know about football and the Steelers etc???

Well, I am around terribletowel 63% of the time and he is ALWAYS talking about the Steelers game/football/ect...and I really retain a lot, but I don't think I could substantially hold my own in conversation.

steelernation77
02-08-2008, 12:11 PM
So Scott's team needs were disappointing.

DeathbyStat
02-08-2008, 01:16 PM
I thought this was pretty funny.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/benf802961/2007Cowboys8seconds.gif

mikehop05
02-08-2008, 01:23 PM
So Scott's team needs were disappointing.

ive always felt that when it comes to the steelers he usually doesnt know what hes talking about

mikehop05
02-08-2008, 01:24 PM
I thought this was pretty funny.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/benf802961/2007Cowboys8seconds.gif

hahah yeah that was pretty good, tho it shoulda ended with t.o. crying

mikehop05
02-08-2008, 01:27 PM
if i had to do our team needs i would go

1.Offensive Tackle
2.Defensive End
3 a.Wide Receiver
3 a.Defensive Tackle (tie)

DeathbyStat
02-08-2008, 01:34 PM
if i had to do our team needs i would go

1.Offensive Tackle
2.Defensive End
3 a.Wide Receiver
3 a.Defensive Tackle (tie)

Yes but if you just replace scott's pick of secondary with D-line its not really that out of line.

I think secondary would follow defensive tackle on your list....as well as kick returner.

Weither we get the kick returner from the wide out position or the secondary we really need a good kick returner.

Isn't Jeremy Bloom on the practice squad?

mikehop05
02-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Yes but if you just replace scott's pick of secondary with D-line its not really that out of line.

I think secondary would follow defensive tackle on your list....as well as kick returner.

Weither we get the kick returner from the wide out position or the secondary we really need a good kick returner.

Isn't Jeremy Bloom on the practice squad?

yea jeremy bloom is on the P.S.

im not too concerned about our secondary, i think *** will be pretty good

DeathbyStat
02-08-2008, 04:08 PM

I just think we need depth at saftey I actually think that we are good at Corner but if can get a CB that can return it would be a plus.

terribletowel39
02-08-2008, 04:47 PM

yea but jeremy bloom sucks gooch. the eagles has to bring Mahe out of retirement because Bloom sucked so bad. Mahe faircaught the ball the first time he was in the game and got a standing ovation. thats how bad the rest of there PR and KR sucked.

i definitely think we need to get a CB/PR/KR combo. i go with CB just cuz we need more depth there than WR at the moment.

skarocksoi
02-08-2008, 05:40 PM
ive always felt that when it comes to the steelers he usually doesnt know what hes talking about

I would imagine its somewhat difficult to keep track of every team's needs, so I'll cut him some slack, but I agree with you. Like most people, he seems to prey on preconceived notions about the Steelers and their personel in general. (We always need CB's it seems)

And hello to the new girl, good to have another steeler fan aboard. I'm the guy who isn't going to be super creepy and try to hit on you on an internet football forum. (shame on the rest of you) Also MHop is the resident drunk poster. You could take over, but be prepared to sacrifice your liver.

terribletowel39
02-08-2008, 05:48 PM
I would imagine its somewhat difficult to keep track of every team's needs, so I'll cut him some slack, but I agree with you. Like most people, he seems to prey on preconceived notions about the Steelers and their personel in general. (We always need CB's it seems)

And hello to the new girl, good to have another steeler fan aboard. I'm the guy who isn't going to be super creepy and try to hit on you on an internet football forum. (shame on the rest of you) Also MHop is the resident drunk poster. You could take over, but be prepared to sacrifice your liver.
i agree with you two's. i don't think that what Scott has up isn't a need of ours, i just don't think it is our most desperate need.

and mike, your title is safe. 2-3 shots and she is done. i've seen it happen.

mikehop05
02-08-2008, 06:17 PM
i agree with you two's. i don't think that what Scott has up isn't a need of ours, i just don't think it is our most desperate need.

and mike, your title is safe. 2-3 shots and she is done. i've seen it happen.

glad to know that my title wont be contended

and yeah i didnt mean to clam scott, i reread what i said and it came off harsher than i originally intended

mikehop05
02-08-2008, 06:18 PM

And hello to the new girl, good to have another steeler fan aboard. I'm the guy who isn't going to be super creepy and try to hit on you on an internet football forum . (shame on the rest of you) Also MHop is the resident drunk poster. You could take over, but be prepared to sacrifice your liver.

CREEEEPERS!

terribletowel39
02-08-2008, 06:20 PM
CREEEEPERS!
hahaha i honestly thought the same thing, but i wasn't going to call him out on it. oh well since you have, i will.

mikehop05
02-08-2008, 06:33 PM
hahaha i honestly thought the same thing, but i wasn't going to call him out on it. oh well since you have, i will.

lol well i wasnt callin him out, just everyone else mainly haha

terribletowel39
02-08-2008, 06:35 PM
lol well i wasnt callin him out, just everyone else mainly haha
oh see i guess we read it differently. i read his sentence as almost being just as creepy as Jakey's schlong comment.......almost.

Mr. Stiller
02-08-2008, 07:42 PM
I'd say Needs:

LG
Future LT
DE
Coverage guy
DE

etc.

Speaking of which.. I have for the 2nd time this season have done a 6 pick mock.

1) Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt ~ 6'6 320lbs
2) Red Bryant, LDE/NT, Texas A&M ~ 6'5 325lbs
3) Eric Young, OG, Tennessee ~ 6'4 308lbs
4) LeTroy Guion, DE, Florida State ~ 6'4 298lbs
5) Jordan Dizon, LB, Colorado ~ 6'0 224lbs
6) Rudolph Hardie, LOLB, Howard ~ 6'3 270lbs

UDFAs to Look at:

QB:
Alex Brink, Washington State ~ 6'2 212lbs
Mark Nicolet, Hillsdale ~ 6'2 220lbs
Nick Hill, Southern Illinois ~ 6'3 219lbs

RB:

Tim Hightower, Richmond ~ 6'0 225lbs
Michael Ervin, Lambuth ~ 5'11 229lbs
Ryan Torain, Arizona State ~ 6'0 215lbs
Tony Temple, Missouri ~ 5'9 210lbs
Louis Rankin, Washington ~ 6'1 205lbs
Alley Broussard, MSU ~ 6'2 238lbs

FB:

Rolly Lumbala, Idaho ~ 6'1 254lbs
Chris Brown, Tennessee ~ 6'1 249lbs

WR:

*Danny Amendola, Texas Tech ~ 5'11 179lbs
Jabari Arthur, Akron ~ 6'4 228lbs
*Darrell Blackman, NC State ~ 5'11 207lbs
*Jaymar Johnson, Jackson State ~ 6'0 176lbs

TE:

Matthew Mulligan, Maine ~ 6'5 265lbs
Tyson DeVree, Colorado ~ 6'4 247lbs
Adam Bishop, Nevada ~ 6'5 245lbs

OT:

Dylan Thiry, Northwestern ~ 6'8 324lbs
Frank Dunbar, Middle Tennessee State ~ 6'5 325lbs

OG:

Walter Walker, South Florida ~ 6'5 320lbs
Adam Kraus, Michigan ~ 6'6 308lbs **
Andrew Bain, Miami ~ 6'3 325lbs **

C:

Kyle DeVan, Oregon State ~ 6'2 308lbs

DE:

Robert Henderson, Southern Miss ~ 6'3 280lbs
Bryan Robinson, Wesley ~ 6'3 287lbs
Jeremy Gibbs, Oregon ~ 6'3 295lbs
Omarr Savage, Maryland ~ 6'5 290lbs

NT:

Teraz McCray, Miami ~ 6'1 298lbs
Josh Thompson, Auburn ~ 6'1 300lbs
Frank Morton, Tulane ~ 6'2 307lbs
Richard Clebert, South Florida ~ 6'0 312lbs
Corey Clark, Jackson State ~ 6'1 324lbs

ROLB:

Hilee Taylor, North Carolina ~ 6'3 242lbs
Kroy Biermann, Montana ~ 6'3 242lbs

RILB:

Anthony Hoke, Cincinnati ~ 6'1 234lbs
Larry Grant, Ohio State ~ 6'1 232lbs
Andy Studebaker, Wheaton ~ 6'3 251lbs
Sir Darean Adams, MSU ~ 6'1 234lbs
Tyler Clutts, Fresno State ~ 6'2 238lbs

LILB:

Eric Foster, Rutgers ~ 6'1 270lbs
Steve Octavien, Nebraska ~ 6'1 239lbs
Bo Ruud, Nebraska ~ 6'3 238lbs

LOLB:

Vincent Redd, Liberty ~ 6'6 263lbs
Rob Jackson, Kansas State ~ 6'4 255

CB:

Jack Ikegwuonu, Wisconsin ~ 6'1 207lbs
Jerrid Gaines, Miami(OH) ~ 5'11 182lbs
Antwuan Molden, Eastern Kentucky ~ 6'2 198lbs
Kyle Ward, Louisiana-Lafeyette ~ 6'1 195lbs

FS:

Haruki Nakamura, Cincinnati ~ 5'11 190lbs
DeMario Bobo, Mississippi State ~ 6'1 182lbs

SS:

Lamar Morgan, Louisiana-Lafeyette ~ 6'3 219lbs
Henti Baird, Hampton ~ 6'2 203lbs

brat316
02-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Jack Ikegwuonu, Wisconsin ~ 6'1 207lbs you really see him going undrafted. I mean if he run a bad 40 then yeah. But with those measurements someone is going to take a flyer on him.

Mr. Stiller
02-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Jack Ikegwuonu, Wisconsin ~ 6'1 207lbs you really see him going undrafted. I mean if he run a bad 40 then yeah. But with those measurements someone is going to take a flyer on him.

You realize that he tore 2 ligaments in his knee .. right?

brat316
02-08-2008, 09:46 PM
NO i did not

Mr. Stiller
02-08-2008, 09:48 PM
NO i did not

Well thats why he is likely a UDFA.

mikehop05
02-09-2008, 01:26 AM
well straifht up, FA is the way to go sometimes i mean

look at willie, who woulda expected htat???

and nate.. he could be straight, but idk, im PUI

stiller im feelin ur latest mock all the way

100 and 17%

i spent too mcuh at the bar tonight, but stillers mock is great

Jakey
02-09-2008, 06:25 AM
oh see i guess we read it differently. i read his sentence as almost being just as creepy as Jakey's schlong comment.......almost.

haha, i'm a master in the art of subtlety! I realised that sounded pretty creepy after i posted it...i guess its harder to make a joke on the internet, than it is in person. Now let that be the last of it! :D

TheWood56
02-09-2008, 07:06 AM
Hi there,

I'm the resident idiot.

Huh? WTF does that mean?

Jakey
02-09-2008, 07:20 AM
Mr. Stiller...what do you think of Hampton's other DE??? I cant remember his name, but i know he is a load, and fits the mold of a Steelers DE. Whats your thoughts on him? Thanks man.

Hines
02-09-2008, 08:52 AM
I love Marcus Dixon and I hope he gets undrafted so we can pick him up. He is faster, and plays the run better then Langford. He isnt a slouch in rushing the passer either.

Hines
02-09-2008, 09:01 AM
One free agent I hope we look at is BJ Sams. He will greatly improve our returns and it will be make us finally cut Rossum and Reid. He came off of a torn ACL but I believe he is too good to pass up. He would be worth a shot if noone signs him come training camp. Hell, its a good thing to have at least 5 returners fighting for a job to see who sticks.

Hines
02-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Another free agent I would like to look at is Cory Williams from Green Bay. At 313 pounds, he sure can rush the passer. He could easily take Keisels spot and have Keisel as the rover position next year and situational pass rusher. With Williams starting, and Keisel as a back up, it makes our defense a whole lot better.

Mr. Stiller
02-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Huh? WTF does that mean?

You didn't see Hines breasticles all over this site? It was in nearly everyones sig the last 2 months. Nips is it ;) J/p Hines.

Mr. Stiller...what do you think of Hampton's other DE??? I cant remember his name, but i know he is a load, and fits the mold of a Steelers DE. Whats your thoughts on him? Thanks man.

+

I love Marcus Dixon and I hope he gets undrafted so we can pick him up. He is faster, and plays the run better then Langford. He isnt a slouch in rushing the passer either.

Thats it right there in a nutshell. I honestly think he's a better 3-4 DE fit than Langford(Langford is losing weight at an alarming rate to sell out for Scouts as a passrusher) and I included him as my top UDFA until... Well, I found this:

Dixon spent 15 months in prison after being convicted of aggravated child molestation, a felony, and statutory rape, a misdemeanor. He was accused of assaulting a 15-year-old classmate in a trailer behind Pepperell High School in February 2003, when he was 18. A jury acquitted Dixon of rape, but he was sentenced to 10 years in prison on the molestation charge. Some called the case an injustice because Dixon is black and the girl is white, although prosecutors denied that race played a role. On May 3, the Georgia Supreme Court overturned the felony conviction and its 10-year sentence, and a lower court ruled that Dixon already had fulfilled his sentence for statutory rape. Dixon had a scholarship to Vanderbilt University in Nashville, before his arrest. Vanderbilt rescinded its offer.

One free agent I hope we look at is BJ Sams. He will greatly improve our returns and it will be make us finally cut Rossum and Reid. He came off of a torn ACL but I believe he is too good to pass up. He would be worth a shot if noone signs him come training camp. Hell, its a good thing to have at least 5 returners fighting for a job to see who sticks.

I agree. I always liked Sams and said (Pre Hester) that he and Cribbs would battle for best Return Specialist in the league. Even now I'd say Cribbs is better than Hester, Hester just has better talent around him.

I like Cribbs as a Pure RS better, but I do love BJ Sams Versatility. A starter or depth at CB he won't be, but he would be an upgrade to Anthony Madison as a gunner, Coverage and Return Specialist who averaged 10.0 PR Career (Rossum was 5.6 last year?) and 22.1 KR Career (Rossum was about 12?)

Another free agent I would like to look at is Cory Williams from Green Bay. At 313 pounds, he sure can rush the passer. He could easily take Keisels spot and have Keisel as the rover position next year and situational pass rusher. With Williams starting, and Keisel as a back up, it makes our defense a whole lot better.

Agreed. I have said it before. I think Corey Williams could be Tomlins version of Kevin Greene.

Cowher had 2-3 big additions over his career. Greene, Bussie, and Farrior. Farrior more or less fell in our laps.

Greene we signed to play SOLB in the early-mid 90's and was an already accomplished SDE. Now, if we sign Corey Williams, that takes the shackles off our draft considerably.

I think adding Williams, Sams(if Healthy) and Maybe Tommy Kelly would allow us to focus on Skill positions and OL in this draft.

Kelly and Sams should be cheap with injuries last season. Sams is fairly young still (27?) Kelly I believe is 29 and to me is only a 3 year contract kind of guy.

Williams starting at RDE, with Keisel dropping about 10-15 lbs to be the 3-4 RDE pass rushing specialist he was behind Kemo and how he played in 2006. Instant upgrade and makes us a sincere competitor.

Signing Williams + Sams + Kelly would make me think:

1) Chris Williams, LT, Vanderbilt
2) Devin Thomas, WR, Michigan State
3) Eric Young, OG, Tennessee
4) Wesley Woodard, SS/ST, Kentucky
5) Dexter Jackson, WR/RS, Appalachian State
6) Rudolph Hardie, LOLB, Howard

Give us Devin Thomas to Challenge Nate to #3 as a rookie. Jackson to take Reid/Wilson's spot. Eventually Devin Thomas will move to #1, Jackson vs. Nate for #3. Jackson would also be insurance at KR.

skarocksoi
02-09-2008, 03:57 PM
well straifht up, FA is the way to go sometimes i mean

look at willie, who woulda expected htat???

and nate.. he could be straight, but idk, im PUI

stiller im feelin ur latest mock all the way

100 and 17%

i spent too mcuh at the bar tonight, but stillers mock is great

And Mike retains his title.

You should have a seperate post count for sober and drunk posts, cause I have to wonder which would be higher.

mikehop05
02-09-2008, 04:54 PM
And Mike retains his title.

You should have a seperate post count for sober and drunk posts, cause I have to wonder which would be higher.

i think some of my better work comes when im drunk

DeathbyStat
02-09-2008, 05:35 PM
"1) Chris Williams, LT, Vanderbilt
2) Devin Thomas, WR, Michigan State
3) Eric Young, OG, Tennessee
4) Wesley Woodard, SS/ST, Kentucky
5) Dexter Jackson, WR/RS, Appalachian State
6) Rudolph Hardie, LOLB, Howard"

This my favorite Mock you have done so far Stiller.

skarocksoi
02-09-2008, 06:27 PM
i think some of my better work comes when im drunk

You're the next Hemmingway.

I love that awesome Stiller mock though.

TheWood56
02-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller
You didn't see Hines breasticles all over this site? It was in nearly everyones sig the last 2 months. Nips is it J/p Hines.

Actually, no I didn't. How the hell did I miss that?

Mr. Stiller
02-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Guys thats under the impressions we get 2 DE's and a Return Specialist in draft.

TheWood56
02-10-2008, 01:43 AM
Stiller, what's with your sig now? It doesn't show Brady getting "owned" anymore. :(

TheWood56
02-10-2008, 01:48 AM
Stiller, what's with your sig now? It doesn't show Brady getting "owned" anymore. :(

Never mind. My computer just must have been playing up. It's all good now though, it still shows him getting jacked up. :D

skarocksoi
02-10-2008, 08:59 AM
Three cheers for Jay Alford, King of the Lazy Eye!

DeathbyStat
02-10-2008, 09:14 AM
Three cheers for Jay Alford, King of the Lazy Eye!

We are....Jay Alford!

mikehop05
02-10-2008, 12:35 PM
hahah i loved jay commin outa PSU for us, ddint know he was a lazy eyer

skarocksoi
02-10-2008, 03:47 PM
hahah i loved jay commin outa PSU for us, ddint know he was a lazy eyer

Yeah I didnt notice it until i was looking at rosters on the PSU website one day and noticed he was looking in two directions at once.

TheWood56
02-10-2008, 11:12 PM
Yeah I didnt notice it until i was looking at rosters on the PSU website one day and noticed he was looking in two directions at once.

That's pretty funny.

brat316
02-10-2008, 11:27 PM
So talks with Big ben under way hopefully something gets done, but they have time with him about 2 years worth well 1 year after feb 29.

Mr. Stiller
02-11-2008, 03:00 AM
My sister has a lazy eye, she looks like a smaller Melissa Joan Hart.

DeathbyStat
02-11-2008, 08:29 AM
My sister has a lazy eye, she looks like a smaller Melissa Joan Hart.

I'd hit that...just messin with you dude

Jakey
02-11-2008, 08:33 AM
woooooa! thats low man! :eek: lol

DeathbyStat
02-11-2008, 10:45 AM
woooooa! thats low man! :eek: lol

I was just joking

Mr. Stiller
02-11-2008, 11:04 AM
I'd hit that...just messin with you dude

I don't think anyone hasn't....

terribletowel39
02-11-2008, 12:50 PM
I don't think anyone hasn't....
you are right, no one hasn't.....wait are we talking about your sis or people messing with you??

Hines
02-11-2008, 01:41 PM
I read that Lebeau is interested in Justin Smith. That would be interesting if we picked him up.

terribletowel39
02-11-2008, 01:44 PM
I read that Lebeau is interested in Justin Smith. That would be interesting if we picked him up.
where did you read that?? i'm on pittsburghlive right now just looking for ****.

Hines
02-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau is a "big fan" of prospective free agent DE Justin Smith, according to the Dayton Daily News.

Smith has never been a two-gap player in the NFL, so it's unclear where he'd fit in with Pittsburgh's 3-4. It does seem likely that Smith will test the free agent waters rather than be franchise tagged again by Cincinnati.

Mr. Stiller
02-11-2008, 02:01 PM
you are right, no one hasn't.....wait are we talking about your sis or people messing with you??

My sister.

As for Justin Smith.. I don't see the problem... We play a 1-2 Gap system.

DE's play 1 gap (Aaron Smith sometimes plays 2.)

NT: Hampton plays 2 gaps, Hoke = 1.

So Smith would be a fine WDE. He's not a great passrusher per se, but he certainly fits the mold.

ryanrayne
02-11-2008, 06:45 PM
I see that Miami release 31 year old L J Shelton. How might he be viewed as a possible lineman upgrade with the Steelers?

brat316
02-11-2008, 06:54 PM
none, steelers don't really keep linemen over 30 unless they come cheap, Faneca.

I hear the steelers might go after Smith the DE from the Bungles and their Safety Williams

DeathbyStat
02-11-2008, 07:07 PM
What about Mike Wahle?

mikehop05
02-11-2008, 09:33 PM
nah i dont see us picking up any big name free agents and it wouldnt be a good move either

Hines
02-11-2008, 10:19 PM
I can see us picking up Justin Smith, and a mid level oline free agent.

TheWood56
02-12-2008, 06:10 AM

I know the Steelers are apparently looking at Justin Smith and possibly Madieu Williams aswell, though I can't really see the Steelers picking up Smith to be totally honest. I just think he'll be too rich for us and we all know the Steelers aren't going to get into a bidding war over him as that's just generally not the way they do things, though it is a very entertaining thought. If the reports are true, and I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon just yet, though if they are true, I'm just glad to see the Steelers actually on the market for a higher profile guy who could actually come in and hopefully make an impact on this football team. I really hope we do make a push for Smith, though it'll have to be for the right price though, because I wouldn't want us over paying for any FA, no matter who he is. I just really hope we can sign a couple quality players who could make a positive impact on this team, not someone who can't get any push in the running game and is horrible in pass protection (Mahan). I'd love for us to be able to top that off with a great draft also. :)

mikehop05
02-12-2008, 12:18 PM

i bet you we dont pick up smith

Hines
02-12-2008, 01:22 PM
i bet you we dont pick up smith

We probably wont, but if we do, I wouldnt be suprised.

DeathbyStat
02-12-2008, 01:27 PM
We will pick up one and only one mid level free agent. We've done this every year in recent memory.

2003-Duce Staley

2004-Cedric Wilson

2005 Ryan Clark

2006 Sean Mahan

2007 ?????

mikehop05
02-12-2008, 02:05 PM
We will pick up one and only one mid level free agent. We've done this every year in recent memory.

2003-Duce Staley

2004-Cedric Wilson

2005 Ryan Clark

2006 Sean Mahan

2007 ?????

when did we pick up farrior.. 2002?

steelersgirl5
02-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Just looked it up, Farrior joined in 03' and Duce joined with Cedric in 04'.

Jakey
02-12-2008, 02:31 PM
I know this really isnt relivent now (cus we know we are staying in the 3-4)...but from watchig the pro-bowl, it is blatantly obvious that Casey Hampton would suck donkey balls in a 4-3. He is less athletic than my grandmom, and one of his legs prolly weighs more than i do! I also noticed that through the season, he was just getting knocked completely out of the play (due to his lack of speed). Does any1 think we might be in the market for another NT next year. Terrance Taylor maybe???

DeathbyStat
02-12-2008, 02:39 PM
I know this really isnt relivent now (cus we know we are staying in the 3-4)...but from watchig the pro-bowl, it is blatantly obvious that Casey Hampton would suck donkey balls in a 4-3. He is less athletic than my grandmom, and one of his legs prolly weighs more than i do! I also noticed that through the season, he was just getting knocked completely out of the play (due to his lack of speed). Does any1 think we might be in the market for another NT next year. Terrance Taylor maybe???

I agree with you. But it was the pro bowl guys are just attempting not to be injured

terribletowel39
02-12-2008, 02:58 PM
i don't know about all this Hampton hate. he does his job perfectly well. he is if not the best in top 2-3 in the leage at NT. you can't beat it. he is strong as an ox and that why we have him on the team because he can eat up almost three blockers at a time. he isn't asked to be fast, he is asked to clog the middle. i think we are safe for a few more years on needing to find somebody to replace him.

Jakey
02-12-2008, 03:02 PM
^ I love big snack too...but i think his play has been declining over the last few years, and i think that trend will prolly continue

terribletowel39
02-12-2008, 03:07 PM
^ I love big snack too...but i think his play has been declining over the last few years, and i think that trend will prolly continue
yea but why do you feel it has been declining?? cuz he hasn't gotten a sack since the superbowl?? i'm not sure if that is true. i'm just confused as to what warrants you saying that he is on the decline??

Jakey
02-12-2008, 03:11 PM
yea but why do you feel it has been declining?? cuz he hasn't gotten a sack since the superbowl?? i'm not sure if that is true. i'm just confused as to what warrants you saying that he is on the decline??

Nah man, i dont expect Hampton to get a sack...if he's doing his job, he shouldnt get a sack :D

Its just because he has been blown out of plays, and doesnt seem to be using his weight to his advantage. But maybe i am basing it solely on his play in the second half of this season...which would be an unfare assesment because Keisel and Eason are both a liability! I guess i should cut him some slack...but i still like Terrance Taylor for us next year :cool:

terribletowel39
02-12-2008, 03:23 PM
was going around the NFL portion of our good site here and someone said that Justin Smith the guy you all have been talking about is gonna be a jag or is a jag. so FYI. don't know if there is any truth to it.

Mr. Stiller
02-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Nah man, i dont expect Hampton to get a sack...if he's doing his job, he shouldnt get a sack :D

Its just because he has been blown out of plays, and doesnt seem to be using his weight to his advantage. But maybe i am basing it solely on his play in the second half of this season...which would be an unfare assesment because Keisel and Eason are both a liability! I guess i should cut him some slack...but i still like Terrance Taylor for us next year :cool:

Peria Jerry would be better in round 3 because honestly.. we need that 1st rounder to grab Ricky Sapp ;).

Hampton was forced to play 1 gap once Smith went down. I don't know why they did that, but Since the Pats game they were using Hampton as a penetrator.

DeathbyStat
02-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Peria Jerry would be better in round 3 because honestly.. we need that 1st rounder to grab Ricky Sapp ;).

Hampton was forced to play 1 gap once Smith went down. I don't know why they did that, but Since the Pats game they were using Hampton as a penetrator.

I'm starting to love the idea of getting Ricky Sapp.

I know its early but where do you think we need to be to grab this guy.

Top Ten?

Top 15?

I don't this wil be much of a problem...i could see us going 6-10 next year.

terribletowel39
02-12-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm starting to love the idea of getting Ricky Sapp.

I know its early but where do you think we need to be to grab this guy.

Top Ten?

Top 15?

I don't this wil be much of a problem...i could see us going 6-10 next year.
wow really?? why do you see us sucking so hard next year?? according to everyone here, Timmons > Foote , Woodley > Haggans. we had the number 1 defense last year. Big Ben is only getting better. our coaching staff can only get better. more reps with the players. more time. why would we decrease?? sure our line doesn't look good but hell our line was **** this year, it looked no better this year than the line blocking for Hasselback in that insurance commercial.

Hines
02-12-2008, 04:31 PM
If Sapp is gone next year, and we want a pass rusher, I would look at Greg Hardy from Ole Miss. He will be a beast and is one of the best pass rushers in the nation.

Jakey
02-12-2008, 04:37 PM
^ I want Everette Brown from FSU...dont sleep on this kid :)

Hines
02-12-2008, 05:04 PM
There could be a huge crop of passrushers next year. On the top of my head there could be:

George Selvie South Florida
Ricky Sapp Clemson
Everrette Brown Florida State
Maurice Evans Penn State
Greg Hardy Ole Miss
Michael Johnson Georgia Tech
Greg Middleton Indiana

Frankly those are mostly juniors, but I believe those guys will come out depending on draft position and if players get hurt and ect. We would be smart to snatch one of them up.

DeathbyStat
02-12-2008, 05:04 PM
wow really?? why do you see us sucking so hard next year?? according to everyone here, Timmons > Foote , Woodley > Haggans. we had the number 1 defense last year. Big Ben is only getting better. our coaching staff can only get better. more reps with the players. more time. why would we decrease?? sure our line doesn't look good but hell our line was **** this year, it looked no better this year than the line blocking for Hasselback in that insurance commercial.

Its really too early to tell but our schedule seems very brutal.