PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Dixon's Stock

adschofield
01-02-2008, 12:30 AM
Where do you guys think that Dixon's stock is right now? 3rd or 4th rounder? How's his arm strength and accuracy? Will not being able to work out at the Combine and Senior Bowls hurt his stock?

Thanks in advance

princefielder28
01-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Granted that he gets healthy and shows scouts that he is just as gifted as he was before the injury, he is a 3rd or 4th round prospect. He has very good mobility and isn't an overly good passer, but he can make plays with his arm. I would say he is a poor man's Vince Young.

Smokey Joe
01-02-2008, 12:39 AM
I think he will be a 3rd-4th rounder... The injury does hurt his stock a bit but if he shows he is healthy and still has talent he shouldn't drop that far. However, I don't see too many teams really going after him though. I think Scott said this earlier, but the Titans should really draft Dixon. He is in the mold of Vince Young and would fit their offense if Young ever got injured. Draft him in the 3rd or 4th, develop him for 2-4 years, have him be able to show off his talent when giving Young a rest in games or just filling in for him, and then perhaps be able to cash in on such an investment by trading him to some team in need of a QB for a 2nd rounder or something.