PDA

View Full Version : Team In the Worst Shape Heading Into April?

dRaFtDoRk
01-02-2008, 08:31 AM
Which team is in the worst shape heading into Aprils draft?

You can make a case for a team in the future, as if you feel that the HC of that team will be gone, or a massive player is gone for some reason.

Example:

Cam Cameron is let go by April
or
Chad Johnson is traded to Miami

You can make the strongest case probably for Atlanta due to the Vick scandal which leads to no solid QB, Bobby Petrino's abandonment and finally DeAngelo Hall's distractions on the field.

But you also have to think about Miami. Yes, The Big Tuna should rebuild that team well, but they are in dire need of almost every single position except maybe a starting RB, or LB. If they were to get a hold of Chad Johnson, that would change things. But will Cam Cameron be the HC by April?

Also big suggestions are Cincinnati, Baltimore, Kansas City, Carolina, Chicago

Matthew Jones
01-02-2008, 08:38 AM
I went with Kansas City. Questionable situation at quarterback, running back coming off of an injury-plagued season, bad offensive line, Jared Allen becoming a free agent, and overall lack of talent/youth on the defense.

Jughead10
01-02-2008, 09:08 AM
I went with Kansas City. Questionable situation at quarterback, running back coming off of an injury-plagued season, bad offensive line, Jared Allen becoming a free agent, and overall lack of talent/youth on the defense.

I agree with KC. Either them or Atlanta or the Jets. The Jets only because I'm not sold at all on Clemens.

On the flip side, I think St. Louis is in the best situation of these teams. I'd except them to improve back to around a .500 team and compete for a WC spot. They have talent and the #2 overall pick will surely help. In some situations like Miami, having that high of a pick might not help as much and it makes sense to trade it for more picks. But St. Louis' situation I think keeping that pick and getting a stud on defense might help that team the most.

Splat
01-02-2008, 09:10 AM
Kansas City Chiefs.

brat316
01-02-2008, 09:20 AM
Atl they just suck, maybe 1 or 2 bright spots at lbs and Hall, I give it to White

BamaFalcon59
01-02-2008, 09:28 AM
As far as current talent is concerned Atlanta should not be near Miami or some of the other teams (we just lack a few key pieces at QB, RB, LT), but the whole coaching and management situation is a complete mess.

I will go with Miami because they are in flux in management and lack a lot of young talent.

Scotty D
01-02-2008, 10:04 AM
As far as current talent is concerned Atlanta should not be near Miami or some of the other teams (we just lack a few key pieces at QB, RB, LT), but the whole coaching and management situation is a complete mess.

I will go with Miami because they are in flux in management and lack a lot of young talent.

Oh just a QB, RB, and LT? Three of the main components to a successful team.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
01-02-2008, 10:29 AM
I'd say Denver's in some **** shape. We're basically the AZ Cardinals of years past. Good skill position players, horrible offensive line and a bad defense.

BamaFalcon59
01-02-2008, 10:31 AM
Oh just a QB, RB, and LT? Three of the main components to a successful team.

A successful offense. On defense we have most of the pieces and on offense we have the weapons at WR, TE, and a explosive runningback.

eazyb81
01-02-2008, 12:17 PM
I'll go with the Chiefs or Falcons. KC hasn't drafted great in recent years and only have a few quality young players to build around. Also, Bowe is the only good young player on offense, and they really handcuffed themselves by giving LJ that huge contract. KC should be drafting in the top ten for the next couple years.

Atlanta is in bad shape simply because of the Vick and Petrino situations. They have some good young talent on that team and if they can get a solid coach and solid QB they could be a middle of the pack team.

eazyb81
01-02-2008, 12:20 PM
On the flip side, I think St. Louis is in the best situation of these teams. I'd except them to improve back to around a .500 team and compete for a WC spot. They have talent and the #2 overall pick will surely help. In some situations like Miami, having that high of a pick might not help as much and it makes sense to trade it for more picks. But St. Louis' situation I think keeping that pick and getting a stud on defense might help that team the most.

This might sound crazy, but I think Oakland may be in the best shape of all the teams drafting at the top. Adding an elite player like DMC with Russell will make their offense downright scary, and their defense continues to impress me. If Russell can step it up in year two they can make a playoff push.

Iamcanadian
01-02-2008, 01:52 PM
The Detroit Lions, they are 31-81 under Millen's leadership and drafting and he still is in charge.

lionsfan81
01-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Definitely the Detroit lions. With Matt Millen in charge of drafting we will continue to be in the worst shape in the league. Our needs on draft day, OT, OG, DE, DT, MLB, SLB, both CB positions, oh and probably RB too. Id say we pretty much have a need at every position except probably safety, qb, and Wr. Pretty sad. Especially knowing that Millen will never get all these fixed.

bearsfan_51
01-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Come on now...the Bears aren't in the same conversation as the Dolphins, Falcons, and Chiefs.

jballa838
01-02-2008, 02:08 PM
Come on now...the Bears aren't in the same conversation as the Dolphins, Falcons, and Chiefs.
nobody voted for them.

dRaFtDoRk
01-02-2008, 02:08 PM

Well lets take a looksy here....

No QB
No RB
No WR
Declining OL
Inconsistent D

I think that at least gets some bad recognition...

Windy
01-02-2008, 02:24 PM
This might sound crazy, but I think Oakland may be in the best shape of all the teams drafting at the top. Adding an elite player like DMC with Russell will make their offense downright scary, and their defense continues to impress me. If Russell can step it up in year two they can make a playoff push.

Yea as long as McFadden doesn't hold out for top money. I don't want to go through that again, no matter how good the player is.

BeerBaron
01-02-2008, 03:08 PM
i like what miami's doing with a total overhaul of the front office and coaching staff, so i decided not to go with them. I feel they can't get much lower and pretty much have to improve

i actually had a hard time deciding between atlanta and baltimore.

i went with atlanta though. they need a total overhaul similar to miami, but they're being slow to figure it out i feel. Get a new GM, get a new coach, and start cleaning house. find where the bright spots were last year and clean out everything besides them.

i also though baltimore needed some consideration because their offense is basically worthless and their D is getting old. the previous staff lost control of the team and the only way to regain the players who are there is to bring in someone at HC that they're familiar with. (Singletary? Maybe Marvin Lewis?)

Xiomera
01-02-2008, 03:11 PM
I voted Other . . . can you guess which team I had in mind?

Among the teams listed though, I will say Atlanta. No QB, no future RB, an unhappy DeAngelo Hall, no coach, no production out of last year's #1 pick Anderson, etc.

BamaFalcon59
01-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Lions?????????

bored of education
01-02-2008, 03:19 PM
Chiefs.
Coached by Herm Edwards.
Just fired alot of offensive coaching staff members...cuz they SUCKED(both coaches and players)
Brodie Croyle Stating Qb.
Gave up 55 sacks.
Scored 2nd least amount of points in the NFL.
If Jared Allen hits the open market, leaves KC=FUCT!

bearsfan_51
01-02-2008, 03:19 PM
Well lets take a looksy here....

No QB
No RB
No WR
Declining OL
Inconsistent D

I think that at least gets some bad recognition...

Bernard Berrian is a very good receiever, though if he leaves in FA my opinion of the team will change considerably. The problems on offense are obviously there, but we were still offensively better than about 10 teams this year. We were 7-9, we lost one game more than your Vikings.

There are a lot of teams in worse shape than the Bears. We've still got elite players to build around and our defense played well at the end of the year and will be better next year with health. I'm not sure if we'll be a playoff team next year but we won't be picking in the top 10 barring serious injuries.

Shiver
01-02-2008, 03:25 PM
San Francisco, by far. They have a head coach who seems to be on a very, very hot seat. Alex Smith has shown he is a bust, and I bet most people do not think Shaun Hill is the "answer." And to add insult to injury they traded away the 7th pick in the draft, that pick would have gone a long way to rectify their deficiencies. I am shocked they aren't even on the poll.

BamaFalcon59
01-02-2008, 03:47 PM
San Francisco does have a problem in that they likely want or need a QB but really can not give up on Alex Smith yet.

umphrey
01-02-2008, 05:18 PM
San Francisco does have a problem in that they likely want or need a QB but really can not give up on Alex Smith yet.

That's why I think they are in so much trouble - IMO Smith sucks and he is a bust, and the rest of their team is pretty bad as well. So they haven't even got to the rebuilding stage I don't think, they have to lose for another 1-2 years with Smith before that happens.

Their defense has some bright spots but I don't think the couple of good players they have will make up for no offense and otherwise crappy defense, and poor management.

PACKmanN
01-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Baltimore, they are full of aging vets and it will take a couple of years to rebuild them. Once they build the offense the defense would need rebuilding.

The teams you listed have a lot of youth as there foundation, the Ravens hardly do.

villagewarrior
01-02-2008, 06:41 PM
I voted for KC. They have a plethora of issues:

-GM Carl Peterson has a less than stellar record with drafting.
-HC Herm Edwards coaches not to lose, which is why he loses.
-Brodie Croyle is young and very questionable.
-Larry Johnson just received a huge contract extension; how will that affect him?
-Dwayne Bowe and Tony Gonzalez are the only receiving threats on the team, lots of youth, but will any pan out? Gonzo is also on his last legs.
-Offensive line is extremely offensive.
-Defensive line has potential, but Jared Allen could be gone, Tamba regressed his sophomore year, and there is still a mammoth hole at DT.
-Derrick Johnson gets better every year, Nap Harris wasn't much of an upgrade over Kawika Mitchell, and Donnie Edwards is on his last leg and injured alot.
-No CBs after Ty Law and Patrick Surtain, and one or both may not be back.
-Safety is really the only position we are good at, with Pollard and Page showing a ton of potential, but the jury is still out.
-Hell, they even went through 3 kickers this year; at least Colquitt is one of the best at punting.

Yeah, the Chiefs need a lot of help.

Michigan
01-02-2008, 06:44 PM
How can the Lions not be an option? Whatever we do, it's bound to fail under Ford and Millen. The players aren't happy, the coaches aren't happy, and the fans aren't happy. We started 6-2 and ended 7-9. That's a 1-7 finish.

GB12
01-02-2008, 07:07 PM
I don't think anyone comes close to San Francisco. They have Frank Gore, Patrick Willis, Nate Clemens, Vernon Davis, and Joe Staley. Everywhere else could use an upgrade.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-02-2008, 07:27 PM
I hate when people talk like DeAngelo is a problem for us. He is one of the few bright spots on the team.

EdReedUnstoppable
01-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Gotta be the Ravens....

-Fired Head coach and entire coaching staff
-Very old team
-GM has lost his mind and nobody will call him out
-Zero talent on offense other than a good RB, and a 34 year old slot WR
-Cannot pressure a QB
-Won a meaningless game and ruined a 5th pick and turned it into 8th making an already pathetic season even worse

Mr. Stiller
01-02-2008, 11:41 PM
I'll go with Pittsburgh.

Going into 2008 offseason:

Starting LT had spinal-surgery to repair a bulging disc, no idea if he'll return.

Backup LT is a free-agent and likely won't return.

No True LT or RT right now, We have 2 UDFA's and Trai Essex to be our LT's going into the playoffs.

All-Pro LG is a Free-agent and is gone.

Starting C plays like Casper the Ghost.

#1 WR is aging and was slow before and is now double slow.

#3 WR is inconsistent

#1 RB is going into offseason with a broken ankle.

Defense has 3 Starters under the age of 30.

Backup LDE/RDE are UFA's, RDE likely to Retire, LDE should retire cause he sucks.

No true Backup ROLB.

Backup ILB is on IR and likely going to retire.

Farrior is going on 33 and starting to show it.

Foote is going on 28 and still sucks.

Clark Haggans is leaving, hopefully.

Ryan Clark has sickle-cell anemia and had to have his spleen removed, no word if he'll ever play again.

#1 CB can't catch balls thrown right to him.
#2 CB is practically 40. Too Slow before he was 30 to keep up with WR's, certainly can't do it now.
#3 CB was drafted to be a #2, but struggles with faster WR's.

KR/PR Allen Rossum is horrible and 2nd year 3rd round Pick Willie Reid is even worse.

On the bright side, our K/P are 2 of the best in the league.