PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Howard- Georgia

foozball
01-02-2008, 11:18 AM
where does he look to get drafted? he dominated in the sugar bowl and he looks like a prototypical 3-4 LB at 6'2 250lbs with 4.67 speed. he's not even listed in Scott's rankings, but I'm guessing because he wasn't a starter until this year. 10.5 sacks this year at DE

thefalconer
01-02-2008, 11:38 AM
he reminds me of jarvis moss who really impressed last year in the nc game. howard is a good player who had to sit his jr year because of quentin moses and charles johnson in front of him. a lot depends on his senior bowl performance and combien numbers but i think he'll be a third rounder.

rickscott
01-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Sounds alot like Eric Henderson to me. He's been converted to LBer with the Bengals and hasn't get much of an iopportunity as yet but I expect him to be a factor next season.

georgiafan
01-02-2008, 12:07 PM
I've thought all along his best fit was a OLB in a 3-4 as he came to UGA as a LB. I don't think he weighs 250 as he was at 235 at about the start of the year. He has been playing good all year as he had 7.5 sacks coming into this game. The coaches rave about his strengh espically as 230 pound DE in the SEC. This is his first year starting so I'm sure that why he wasn't in scott's ranking

StaticGator
01-02-2008, 12:33 PM
he reminds me of jarvis moss who really impressed last year in the nc game. howard is a good player who had to sit his jr year because of quentin moses and charles johnson in front of him. a lot depends on his senior bowl performance and combien numbers but i think he'll be a third rounder.

FWIW Moss got a lot of playing time in 2005 (lead the team in sacks IIRC) so he didn't totally burst onto the scene in 2006.

TACKLE
01-02-2008, 12:34 PM
He was impressive in the Sugar Bowl but you have to take into account how brutal Hawaii's OT's were, especially the RT. They were so slow and such bad feet that they could do nothing against UGA's speed rushers. During the game, I was actually more impressed with whoever the RDE was. He got an amazing jump off the ball and seem have good size and athletism. I'm not sure what number he was.

draftguru151
01-02-2008, 12:38 PM
He was impressive in the Sugar Bowl but you have to take into account how brutal Hawaii's OT's were, especially the RT. They were so slow and such bad feet that they could do nothing against UGA's speed rushers. During the game, I was actually more impressed with whoever the RDE was. He got an amazing jump off the ball and seem have good size and athletism. I'm not sure what number he was.

Roderick Battle #41 is the other starting DE.

georgiafan
01-02-2008, 12:46 PM

Howard had 7.5 sacks coming into the game so has performed agianst SEC OT's. Every since the UF game he has played lights out.

I think the DE you are talking about is #55 Jeremy Lomax. He is a junior and has really improverd since last year and will likely start next year. He is like 6'4 240 so he has the size.

JDB7821
01-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Roderick Battle #41 is the other starting DE.

I'm pretty sure he's the guy that only weighs like 215-225 or something like that. He's way undersized, but he's got some definite speed. He won't make it as a 4-3 DE, but he could be a great OLB in the 3-4. I liked how he came off the ball, I kept saying "he was offsides" but he never was.

toonsterwu
01-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Solid mid-round option (for me, 4th/5th as of now). If he has a blow them away combine, I could see him rising to the late 2nd perhaps. Thing is, there's so many edge guys ahead right now that he would really have blow them away at the combines ... or have someone absolutely fall in love with him. I'll wait on the height and weight, which are a bit borderline for a 3-4 OLB right now.

He reminds me a bit of Darryl Blackstock with a bit more athleticism.

georgiafan
01-03-2008, 07:29 AM
He will be at the combine, he got the invite before the game this week

HorusKing
01-03-2008, 11:41 AM
He is a beast without a doubt he could be 3-4 backer or a Tampa DE like the guy in Indy Robert Mathis who is only about 245 pounds but he is an absolute terror on the edge.

herschel4heisman
01-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Howard came to Athens as a 215 OLB who ran a 4.4 but he fell behind on the depth chart so was moved to DE before his redshirt soph year. So I think he's gonna be able to show off his natural athleticism at the combine which should improve his stock

moc182
01-05-2008, 12:11 AM
I can already picture him in a Colts uniform.