PDA

View Full Version : Davone Bess

BrabbitMcRabbit
01-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Scott, what are your thoughts on Bess? He looks like he could be a better NFL player than his draft hype would indicate. Do you think he can be a Greg Jennings or Santonio Holmes type at the next level?

SuperKevin
01-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Scott, what are your thoughts on Bess? He looks like he could be a better NFL player than his draft hype would indicate. Do you think he can be a Greg Jennings or Santonio Holmes type at the next level?

I don't think he has the straightline speed to ever be a deep threat. He seems like the ultimate slot WR to me. I'd compare him a lot to a guy like Wes Welker actually

bored of education
01-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Yes, Bess would be a solid slot receiver. Stellar hands, and sneaks into small places, avoids the 1st tackle alot. I like him as a slot guy t4th roundish!

Hines
01-02-2008, 06:48 PM
I dont think he will declare as everyone of Hawaiis recieving core is pretty much leaving. If June Jones leaves, I say Bess leaves, but I dont think he will leave.

SuperKevin
01-02-2008, 06:51 PM
I dont think he will declare as everyone of Hawaiis recieving core is pretty much leaving. If June Jones leaves, I say Bess leaves, but I dont think he will leave.

If by everyone in their reciving corps you mean Rivers and Hawthorne then yeah. Grice Mullen is still only a junior.

I think Bess is gone. he had a very close bond with Colt Brennan. Everytime i see Graunke play he seems to focus more on the backs and Grice-Mullen

fenikz
01-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Bess is a great slot type of WR as far as the NFL goes, these kind of guys are getting more and more valuable, Indy taking one in the 1st and the Pats trading a 2nd for Welker shows that winning teams value these guys a lot, i would say he is a 3rd rounder right now but could move up to an early 2nd if a team realy likes him

ONUV
01-02-2008, 07:43 PM
on the Bess bandwagon. he's very quick which makes him good after the catch. he doesn't have the top notch speed but he's fast enough.

badgerbacker
01-02-2008, 07:45 PM
I saw him play earlier this season and immediately wanted him for the Packers. He would be awesome running slants and short routes in our offense.

D-Unit
01-02-2008, 08:27 PM
He'll make incredible catches and then sometimes you wonder why he drops the easy ones. Kinda frustrating. Definitely has made me happy as a fan. Couldn't ask for anything more because he gives it all he's got. Noted for being the hardest worker in practice and first one on and last one off the field every time. His success is a credit to his hard work... He's also very unselfish.

One frustrating thing is that he's not a good kick returner because he doesn't friggen try to catch the ball.. just let's it bounce most of the time.

He also runs too horizontal at times. His juke ability is crazy but not necessarily good.

Ness
01-04-2008, 08:08 PM
I like Davone Bess. I hope the 49ers take him.

DanteXavier
01-05-2008, 01:06 AM
He's in.

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5iioGrFQ7BXfPGW-wKhB08zX7EyEw

Sources are saying that he got a 2nd round projection from the committee.

toddmlazarchick
01-05-2008, 02:04 PM
Bess looks like a great #2 or #3 WR for a team like a Wes Welker. What round is he projected to go??

neko4
01-05-2008, 02:10 PM

Hawaii reloads WR's like USC can reload an entire team, so i doubt that he cared too much about that when he declared
I see him being able to sneak in the 2nd round, with a good combine

Hines
01-05-2008, 02:12 PM
I dont think he will run that fast to be honest.

01-05-2008, 02:17 PM
I dont think he will run that fast to be honest.

His low 40 time is said to be 4.52.

jballa838
01-05-2008, 02:21 PM
His low 40 time is said to be 4.52.

remove that link. Thats a no no

DanteXavier
01-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Bess looks like a great #2 or #3 WR for a team like a Wes Welker. What round is he projected to go??

Here you go:

He's in.

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5iioGrFQ7BXfPGW-wKhB08zX7EyEw

Sources are saying that he got a 2nd round projection from the committee.

no love
01-06-2008, 03:59 AM
Doesn't he have a ridiculous vert?

Sveen
01-06-2008, 07:16 AM
Should be a good slot receiver in the NFL.

DiG
01-06-2008, 02:05 PM
rivers > davone. write it down.

Mr. Stiller
01-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Grice-Mullen is supposed to be jumping as well.

June Jones resigned.

bengalbuck
01-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Didn't this guy play his HS ball in the California penal league?

Doesn't that throw up some red flags character-wise?

badgerbacker
01-06-2008, 11:07 PM

Doesn't that throw up some red flags character-wise?It will probably raise some, but I believed he's come out about that and admitted whatever he did was a terrible mistake. I obviously don't know him personally, but everything I have heard is that he is a great young man who doesn't have character problems.

SuperKevin
01-07-2008, 02:22 AM

Doesn't that throw up some red flags character-wise?

He was in a juvenile detention facility because he helped some friends move some unknowingly stolen goods and got caught. he's not really a bad kid

D-Unit
01-07-2008, 02:36 AM
Bess is a great guy. People who pass on him for character fears, lose out. After thinking about it, he IS probably the best Slot WR in the draft. He's built like a tank, has great hands, great body control and great wiggle. Very clutch. Some QB will love finding him. Excellent football IQ and knows how to find soft spots in zone... absolutely tears zone up.

hitstreak13
01-07-2008, 02:47 AM
I agree. I think Bess is going to be a stud as a slot reciever. I think he may develop a lot quicker than welker did. Bess will haul in 50+ catches his rookie year. I just think the guy will start as a number 3 guy from day 1 regardless of where he plays. I just love the way he plays and im sure many teams feel the same way. Good for him. A sure fire 2nd rounder

Ness
01-07-2008, 05:55 AM
None of you guys think he can even be a starting number two receiver at the very least?

D-Unit
01-07-2008, 01:21 PM
None of you guys think he can even be a starting number two receiver at the very least?
No I don't. I've seen enough of him. He really is frustrating to watch because he runs backwards half the time he catches the ball. The NFL will see.

Ness
01-07-2008, 06:18 PM
No I don't. I've seen enough of him. He really is frustrating to watch because he runs backwards half the time he catches the ball. The NFL will see.

I've noticed that a lot of the receivers come back to catch the ball a significant distance. Seems more like a staple of the offense though. Quite illogical, but it has been effective. At least in the WAC.

As for Bess, I guess we'll just have to see how he does in the NFL.

D-Unit
01-07-2008, 06:50 PM
I've noticed that a lot of the receivers come back to catch the ball a significant distance. Seems more like a staple of the offense though. Quite illogical, but it has been effective. At least in the WAC.

As for Bess, I guess we'll just have to see how he does in the NFL.
I'm not talking about curl routes. That's not what I mean.

I mean after he catches the ball, he will try to make something out of it by stopping and avoiding tacklers... running backwards when he feels he can out juke them. Sometimes he does and a lot of times he doesn't.

Like if he catches the ball and would get the first down by falling down, instead he'll stop, look around and try to juke out defenders by going sidewards or backwards so he can try to get more yards than he would by falling down or just running straight.

Ness
01-08-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm not talking about curl routes. That's not what I mean.

I mean after he catches the ball, he will try to make something out of it by stopping and avoiding tacklers... running backwards when he feels he can out juke them. Sometimes he does and a lot of times he doesn't.

Like if he catches the ball and would get the first down by falling down, instead he'll stop, look around and try to juke out defenders by going sidewards or backwards so he can try to get more yards than he would by falling down or just running straight.

Oh alright.