PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Dingle

jbeans187
01-02-2008, 10:40 PM
He is having a great Fiesta Bowl against OU's huge and often holding o line, but he has been a great pass rusher all year and said he is entering the draft. Im thinking a team falls in love with him at the combine and takes him in the late 2nd or early 3rd. Everyones thoughts??

Also he got the NFL logo tatooed on his hand a few years ago to motivate himself to keep working hard to get there

kwilk103
01-02-2008, 10:54 PM
he had like 8.5 sacks comin into the game

mikehop05
01-02-2008, 11:24 PM
where does he project to play in the nfl?

3-4 DE? or 4-3 DT

Mr. Stiller
01-02-2008, 11:33 PM
where does he project to play in the nfl?

3-4 DE? or 4-3 DT

Probably 3-4 WDE or 4-3 SDE.

He doesn't have the bulk to play Tackle and is actually a pretty decent edge rusher.

I'd Say in a 4-3 or Tampa2 he could play SDE. He's quick enough and is solid as a pass rusher and against the run.

in a 3-4 I think he'd have to add about 12-17 lbs and play WDE. He has the athleticism to play that Rover DE that LeBeau was working on.

BamaFalcon59
01-03-2008, 03:48 PM
He is only in the 260s. He will be a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 OLB. Likely a 4-3 DE.

DiG
02-19-2008, 07:44 PM
ive checked like 6 sites and they all have him listed around 275. with a good combine can you guys see him getting into the 3rd round? he appears to be one of the most versatile and athletic defensive lineman and seems to be just what the redskins have said they are looking for in a young defensive lineman. a guy that can line up at the end spot as well as move inside for certain situations and generate inside penetration.

etk
02-19-2008, 08:59 PM
ive checked like 6 sites and they all have him listed around 275. with a good combine can you guys see him getting into the 3rd round? he appears to be one of the most versatile and athletic defensive lineman and seems to be just what the redskins have said they are looking for in a young defensive lineman. a guy that can line up at the end spot as well as move inside for certain situations and generate inside penetration.

Dingle definitely can't play inside. He likes to take wide angles to rush the QB, but he could occasionally play some UT because he's a good bullrusher. It would be a huge waste though. I've been impressed by his motor and first-step explosion off the snap and I think his best fit is as an edge rusher in a base 4-3. I definitely think he can make the 3rd round. I like him for the Bucs as a LDE which would be a bit unnatural for him.

kwilk103
02-19-2008, 09:45 PM
he did real good against loadholt or whatever his name was in the fiesta bowl

on a couple plays he was clearly held and still got to bradford

THIZZorDIE
02-20-2008, 11:14 AM
All I can remember from The WVU v. OU game was after Dingle made a play, they showed him sitting next to his teammate on the bench with the last name of 'Berry' on the sideline. The announcer then says, "jeez... they shouldn't let them sit next to eachother.."

kwilk103
02-20-2008, 03:37 PM
All I can remember from The WVU v. OU game was after Dingle made a play, they showed him sitting next to his teammate on the bench with the last name of 'Berry' on the sideline. The announcer then says, "jeez... they shouldn't let them sit next to eachother.."

and next to him was kelien dykes

Scotty D
02-20-2008, 07:01 PM
He should go to Arizona. Him and Bertrand Berry would be a nice combo. ;)

bwillie26
02-21-2008, 12:32 PM
He should go to Arizona. Him and Bertrand Berry would be a nice combo. ;)

Somebody has to post it ..

http://i25.tinypic.com/2hgu41s.jpg