PDA

View Full Version : Adalius Thomas (not) tagged

draftguru151
02-21-2007, 06:17 PM
Just saw it on NFL network.

bigbluedefense
02-21-2007, 06:18 PM
WOW, who's left in FA? I think everyone and their mom will now go after Nate Clements. He's gonna get grossly overpaid this year.

WMD
02-21-2007, 06:20 PM
BOOOOOOO!!!!

GB12
02-21-2007, 06:21 PM
Son of a *****. There was probably only a slim chance that we'd get him but still. Good news for Cato June, he should pull in like 3 million more than he's worth.

Philliez01
02-21-2007, 06:25 PM
So this year's headlines went from:

Briggs, Clements, Samuel, Freeney, Thomas, Redding, Stallworth

to:

Clements, Stallworth, Cato June and Gerome Sapp (not being serious as I know someone would've been thinking that I was).

diabsoule
02-21-2007, 06:30 PM
Not a suprise. I'm sure Baltimore was going to do it and it was only a matter of time.

And everyone is right. All the big names that are left in FA are going to be grossly overpaid.

PalmerToCJ
02-21-2007, 06:33 PM
I wonder if they intend to sign him long term or just ride out the FA tag for this year then let him walk.

Splat
02-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Bengals - DE Justin Smith

Bears - LB Lance Briggs

Patriots - CB Asante Samuel

Colts - DE Dwight Freeney

Saints - DE Charles Grant

Lions - DT Corey Redding

Ravens - LB Adalius Thomas

Would have looked good in red. :?

princefielder28
02-21-2007, 06:36 PM
Well now the Packers have to find some other way to upgrade the defense :cry:

Freddy G
02-21-2007, 06:38 PM
Hmmmmm....i though they said they weren't going to tag him.

hachubabynahb
02-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Not really surprised Thomas is a beast.

BigDawg819
02-21-2007, 06:50 PM
I am happy if its true but the scroll bar on NFL Network is stating that Adam Schefter is reporting that they expect not to franchise him.

So if anyone can find a link it would be helpful, so far I cannot find one.

buckeyes12
02-21-2007, 06:51 PM
agreed. although not suprising at all for baltimore wanting to hold onto this guy, its dissapointing now that there are way less FA's

asmitty45
02-21-2007, 07:12 PM
Damnit

TitleTown088
02-21-2007, 07:12 PM

SeanTaylorRIP
02-21-2007, 07:14 PM
YES!!!!!

JT Jag
02-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Sucks for Thomas.

He'll be 31 next year, and despite the production he has this year, people will realize he's old when he hits the market. He'll get a fraction of the payday he would have otherwise gotten if he left this year.

BigDawg819
02-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Sucks for Thomas.

Yeah I'd be upset at too if I had to ONLY MAKE $7,200,000!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ravens1991
02-21-2007, 07:34 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

jblaze66
02-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Sucks for Thomas.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:Wow thats an awful homerish way to look at it

ninerfan
02-21-2007, 07:48 PM
THATS JUST GREAT :x

Dam8610
02-21-2007, 07:48 PM
Sucks for Thomas.

When you could have gotten $10+ million guaranteed on the open market? I'm sure you would.

ckr50702
02-21-2007, 08:28 PM
I think he is arguably a top 5 free agent and the most versitale.

etk
02-21-2007, 08:34 PM
I hate the franchise tag. All the good defensive players are gone. You'd think with the new salary cap players would want to test the market....

The Unseen
02-21-2007, 08:35 PM
Hmm...

niel89
02-21-2007, 08:39 PM
thank god if this is real. he is incredibly valueable.

he is one of the most versitle players in the nfl. i hope the ravens use this to work out a long term deal. he is a really good guy and wants to play out his career in baltimore.

i think he has atleast a couple of more really good years left

Borat
02-21-2007, 08:48 PM
I am happy if its true but the scroll bar on NFL Network is stating that Adam Schefter is reporting that they expect not to franchise him.

I saw the same thing earlier. Has anyone else seen that they ARE going to franchise him?

niel89
02-21-2007, 08:56 PM

I saw the same thing earlier. Has anyone else seen that they ARE going to franchise him?

Adam Schefter is a rumor monger :lol:

Borat
02-21-2007, 09:04 PM
I think this "Tag" was bogus. Wouldn't Baltimore need to make some roster moves to get under the $7.2 mil needed to use the tag? Wouldn't there be some sort of report on whom they cut?

Nothing on NFL.com
Nothing on ESPN.com
Nothing on Profootballtalk.com
Nothing on Sportsline.com

draftguru151
02-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Apparently he wasn't tagged. Now it says they will not tag him. Sorry for the confusion.

Hurricane Ditka
02-21-2007, 09:19 PM
Has an offensive player been franchised this year?

niel89
02-21-2007, 09:23 PM
i find justin smith to be offensice :D

BigDawg819
02-21-2007, 10:20 PM
Sucks for Thomas.

When you could have gotten $10+ million guaranteed on the open market? I'm sure you would.

I'm tired of people bitching about players being "ripped" by the franchise tag. These guys make millions for playing a game. They get paid to do something most of us would kill to do. Now people complaining that he could have made more on the free agent market. WHAT HE WILL GO BROKE IF HE ONLY MAKES $7,200,000! LETS START UP THE ADALIUS THOMAS FRANCHISE TAG CHARITY; NOW ACCEPTING DONATIONS SO HE CAN "FEED HIS FAMILY"...................................

Im_a_Romosexual
02-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Sucks for Thomas.

I'm tired of people bitching about players being "ripped" by the franchise tag. These guys make millions for playing a game. They get paid to do something most of us would kill to do. Now people complaining that he could have made more on the free agent market. WHAT HE WILL GO BROKE IF HE ONLY MAKES $7,200,000! LETS START UP THE ADALIUS THOMAS FRANCHISE TAG CHARITY; NOW ACCEPTING DONATIONS SO HE CAN "FEED HIS FAMILY"...................................

QFT

BigDawg819
02-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Sucks for Thomas.

QFT

Go drool over Tony Romo some more...............

Dam8610
02-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Sucks for Thomas.

QFT

Go drool over Tony Romo some more...............

He was agreeing with you, and you insult him?

I understand you wanting Thomas back on your team, but to begrudge him wanting more money is just stupid. You're telling me that if you had the oppurtunity to make millions more than you are right now, and someone held you back from that, you would be happy about it? You're lying if your answer to that is yes.

Finsfan79
02-21-2007, 10:39 PM
I would love thomas in miami, but doubt we can afford him

bearsfan_51
02-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Sucks for Thomas.

God I hate it when people say this.

Who cares what you would love to do? Unless you're any good at playing football nobody is going to pay to see you so it's an irrelevant point. I'm sure lots of people would love to be President too but not everyone can be born into an incredibly rich family and have a Dad that can get them into Yale and then help them start up a fake oil company.

I can't believe that I of all people am saying this, but it's a capitalist country. These guys aren't anymore lucky to be playing football than other people in high profile jobs are. They worked hard and have incredible talent, and if they can demand top dollar all the better for them. Whether or not some janitor would love to relive his high school memories is completely irrelevant. Most people would love these jobs because they can't have them.

ccB
02-21-2007, 10:44 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-thomas0221,0,5265915.story?coll=bal-sports-football

According to this article we are trying to sign him long term (dont know where the cap space is coming from for that ) and are using the tag to threaten him into signing.

I really dont care if we resign him or not. Hes 30, hes already seen his best days, he has maybe 3 years of quality football left in him. Dont get me wrong I love him one of my favorite players but if we dont sign him ...meh.

BigDawg819
02-21-2007, 10:55 PM
This topic is getting way off base so I'm saying my peace and I'm done with it. Stop the complaining if he gets franchised. There is no complaints like this for everyone else who did and AD shouldn't get complaints either. The franchise tag is a fact of the game and the owners have the right to use it. People are complaining because he wouldn't be a free agent, why its not like he would have had offers from every team in the league. If anyone paid attention to the story all season you would know that is first priority was to re-sign in Baltimore and he was well aware if he did this that he would be missing out on extra money. But its not all about the money as most people think. Its about comfort, style of play, the organization and things of that nature. AD loves Baltimore and wants to stay here, and I base this off of interviews that he's done. Everyone posting how he feels ripped off and what not, where exactly are you getting your info? Who are your sources? For christ sake, this topic started on false information and it has spiraled out of control. Bottomline is tomorrow we will know whether or not if he was franchised because the deadline will be here shortly. Stop the crying about how he's being ripped off if he is, because its the nature of the beast in the NFL.

yourfavestoner
02-21-2007, 10:56 PM
Sucks for Thomas.

God I hate it when people say this.

Who cares what you would love to do? Unless you're any good at playing football nobody is going to pay to see you so it's an irrelivant point. I'm sure lots of people would love to be President too but not everyone can be born into an incredibly rich family and have a Dad that can get them into Yale and then help them start up a fake oil company.

I can't believe that I of all people am saying this, but it's a capitalist country. These guys aren't anymore lucky to be playing football than other people in high profile jobs are. They worked hard and have incredibly talent, and if they can demand top dollar all the better for them. Whether or not some janitor would love to relive his high school memories is completely irrelivant. Most people would love these jobs because they can't have them.

Thank god somebody ******* said it.

GB12
02-21-2007, 11:05 PM
Why is he called AD?

niel89
02-21-2007, 11:11 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-thomas0221,0,5265915.story?coll=bal-sports-football

According to this article we are trying to sign him long term (dont know where the cap space is coming from for that ) and are using the tag to threaten him into signing.

I really dont care if we resign him or not. Hes 30, hes already seen his best days, he has maybe 3 years of quality football left in him. Dont get me wrong I love him one of my favorite players but if we dont sign him ...meh.

jamal lewis. they are going to either cut him or something else in order to free up a ton of cap space. the ravens had a meeting with jamal today so well see what happens tomorrow.

SFbear
02-21-2007, 11:11 PM
What happens if someone gets a career ending injury while under franchise tag? What long term security do they have?

ccB
02-21-2007, 11:13 PM
Good luck to whoever gets him if the ravens dont get him back. Majority of the FA's that left baltimore have failed miserably.

bearsfan_51
02-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Why is he called AD?
Because he was born after the birth of Christ.

GB12
02-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Good luck to whoever gets him if the ravens dont get him back. Majority of the FA's that left baltimore have failed miserably.
And then some random LB will pop in there and be great.

niel89
02-21-2007, 11:16 PM
Why is he called AD?
:lol: :lol:

niel89
02-21-2007, 11:16 PM

it tends to happen

Larry
02-21-2007, 11:20 PM
Was he tagged or not?

ccB
02-21-2007, 11:20 PM

it tends to happenDan Cody perhaps?!?! probably not.

ccB
02-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Was he tagged or not?Nope

GB12
02-21-2007, 11:22 PM
Why is he called AD?

So is there a real reason?

ccB
02-21-2007, 11:23 PM
Why is he called AD?

So is there a real reason?I just think its because his name is ADalius Thomas. Not positive though never really looked into it.

LocCsta
02-21-2007, 11:36 PM
Why is he called AD?
Because he was born after the death of Christ.

GB12
Why is he called AD?

So is there a real reason?I just think its because his name is ADalius Thomas. Not positive though never really looked into it.

That's all I could think of. What's wrong with AT? AD sounds like a cheap rip off of Peterson.

PalmerToCJ

:lol:

I'd say his jerseys smell pretty offensive after games.

ccB
02-21-2007, 11:39 PM
Why is he called AD?

That's all I could think of. What's wrong with AT? AD sounds like a cheap rip off of Peterson.Yeah except for the fact that hes been called AD since hes been a raven. Why doesnt Adrian Peterson just call himself AP. AD sounds like a cheap rip off of Adalius.

GB12
02-21-2007, 11:42 PM
I'm not a fan of AD for either of them, but at least Peterson has a reason for it.

niel89
02-21-2007, 11:46 PM

it tends to happenDan Cody perhaps?!?! probably not.

no body know because he has been on IR the last two years. he could be absolutely amazing and puts everyone in to shame.

......well that or he could flat out suck :lol:

bearsfan_51
02-21-2007, 11:47 PM
Why is he called AD?
Sigh...why do people argue with the History Prof.

AD does NOT stand for "After Death". It's for "Anno Domini", which is Latin for Year of Our Lord (or something close to that). Although most people that Christ was likely born around 33 AD, this was a misjudgement at the time and was later adopted by the Gregorian model which is standard for most calendars throughout the Western World.

niel89
02-21-2007, 11:49 PM
Why is he called AD?

AD does NOT stand for "After Death". It's for "Anno Domini", which is Latin for Year of Our Lord (or something close to that). Although most people that Christ was likely born around 33 AD, this was a misjudgement at the time and was later adopted by the Gregorian model which is standard for most calendars throughout the Western World.

SCHOOLED :lol:

BigDawg819
02-22-2007, 12:47 AM
I'm not a fan of AD for either of them, but at least Peterson has a reason for it.

Yes because a guy with the name Adrian has more of a right to it the a guy named Adalius......................... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

EdReedUnstoppable
02-22-2007, 05:55 AM

This made me laugh, I find him offensive as well. :D

EdReedUnstoppable
02-22-2007, 05:57 AM
Why is he called AD?

Yeah if you believe all that stuff they put in books and what not. 8)

The Unseen
02-22-2007, 06:01 AM
Why is he called AD?

You're partially correct.

He was born around 6 BC, and that therefore was the misjudgment at the time. 33 AD is around when he would have died if he was actually born at 1 AD, meaning he probably died in the late 20s AD.

OzTitan
02-22-2007, 08:15 AM
Why is he called AD?

That's all I could think of. What's wrong with AT? AD sounds like a cheap rip off of Peterson.Yeah except for the fact that hes been called AD since hes been a raven. Why doesnt Adrian Peterson just call himself AP. AD sounds like a cheap rip off of Adalius.

Since he has been a Raven? Peterson gained the nickname "All Day" when he was a child I believe, for his hyper-activity.

P-L
02-22-2007, 08:49 AM
Why is he called AD?

I read in an interview that Adrian Peterson's parents called him "All Day" since he was two years old.

Bohleive
02-22-2007, 09:24 AM
Why is he called AD?

I read in an interview that Adrian Peterson's parents called him "All Day" since he was two years old.
It's a nickname, who cares? Can Ladanian Tomlinson not be called LT?

etk
02-22-2007, 10:34 AM
I just realized that I want the Ravens to resign him. Then we won't have to play him for like 3-4 years. There's no chance he ever goes to Tampa unless he wants to play DE anyway.

Teams that might sign him (3-4 teams):
Pittsburgh (doubtful, they have 2 OLBs)
Cleveland (always in the market)
Dallas (don't have money I don't think)
San Francisco (most likely IMO)
San Diego (no chance, they have starters set)
New England (never shell out the dough, so no)
NY Jets (very possible, they need him)
Miami (they have a similar defense to Baltimore, so maybe)

princefielder28
02-22-2007, 11:04 AM
Ouch, someone was wrong and now he becomes one of the biggest players out there. Go get 'em Pack! :lol:

bearsfan_51
02-22-2007, 11:25 AM
Why is he called AD?

He was born around 6 BC, and that therefore was the misjudgment at the time. 33 AD is around when he would have died if he was actually born at 1 AD, meaning he probably died in the late 20s AD.
Is that it? Ok then. Obviously this is all speculative anyway, as there is no verifiable historical evidence of the life of Jesus.

Nitschke-Hawk
02-22-2007, 11:34 AM
Rumor is he's #1 on the Packers wishlist and I'm very excited to see what happens. Rex Grossman won't be able to breathe if we add him to our front 7. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

HawkeyeFan
02-22-2007, 11:36 AM
BREAKING NEWS: RAMS AGREE TO TERMS WITH RAVENS ADALIUS THOMAS!

Rams | Rams agree to terms with A. Thomas
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:56:23 -0800

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams have agreed to terms with free agent LB Adalius Thomas (Ravens). Thomas is expected to sign when Free Agency begins March 1st.

Ok, maybe not but that'd be sweet if the Rams signed him.

WLB Pisa Tinoisamoa
MLB Will Witherspoon
SLB Adalius Thomas

Komp
02-22-2007, 11:44 AM
I think if Adalius leaves Baltimore should sign Jesus Christ to play his spot on the LB core. He's pretty versatile...

ccB
02-22-2007, 11:58 AM
I think his talent would be wasted in GB because hed be playing DE. The best part of his game is his versatality. I think he will sign with the 49ers to be with Mike Nolan again.

Larry
02-22-2007, 12:03 PM
Yeah I also think Nolan will make a big Effort to sign him.

ccB
02-22-2007, 12:06 PM
Yeah I also think Nolan will make a big Effort to sign him.Its the best fit for him IMO. He can be with a former coach and he will get to play where he plays best 3-4 OLB. I really hope SF signs him.

Nitschke-Hawk
02-22-2007, 12:23 PM
He would likely play Sam Linebacker in the base set and DE on third downs and of course some blitzing.

4-3 base
DL:Kampman-Pickett-Williams-Jenkins
LB-Thomas-Barnett-Hawk

in Nickle and Dime he'd play DE and Pickett, Williams, Jenkins would rotate at tackle.

It wouldn't be that much different, the only difference is he wouldn't be in a 3-4 if we had him we COULD show glimpses of it. His role in GB would be very similar just in a different scheme. We'd sign him for his versatility that's why he's rumored to be on the wishlist. He's an upgrade over Poppinga at Linebacker and he's an upgrade over every DE we have except for Kampman. Jenkins plays DE cause he's stout against the run at End and a good pass rusher at Tackle. That's why he'd move inside on nickle and dime with Thomas at Ed

The Unseen
02-22-2007, 12:33 PM
Why is he called AD?

Is that it? Ok then. Obviously this is all speculative anyway, as there is no verifiable historical evidence of the life of Jesus.

Really? I thought pretty much all scholars from all perspectives acknowledged that a man named Jesus existed...whatever. You learn something new every day.

Anyways...

etk
02-22-2007, 01:54 PM
For all you fans of 4-3 Cover 2 teams: Sorry but Thomas will never play for your team. It makes no sense to pay $10 million+ guaranteed for a guy who is 31 and is being played out of position. Why would he wanna go to a place where he has to play SLB anyway, when he can go to a place like SF with his former coach and do what he does best, disrupt the passing game.

Yes, this means Green Bay and St. Louis will not sign him.

ds8582
02-22-2007, 01:59 PM
I think his talent would be wasted in GB because hed be playing DE. The best part of his game is his versatality. I think he will sign with the 49ers to be with Mike Nolan again.

He wouldn't be a full time DE

IndyColtScout
02-22-2007, 02:01 PM
Thomas & Clements both are going to SF, and SF will stay have like 18-20 Mil left to spend. That's insane.

SeanTaylorRIP
02-22-2007, 02:01 PM

That's what they said they are planning to do.

ds8582
02-22-2007, 02:03 PM

That's what they said they are planning to do.

That was one site and it just doesn't make any sense to do that.

GB12
02-22-2007, 03:33 PM
For all you fans of 4-3 Cover 2 teams: Sorry but Thomas will never play for your team. It makes no sense to pay $10 million+ guaranteed for a guy who is 31 and is being played out of position. Why would he wanna go to a place where he has to play SLB anyway, when he can go to a place like SF with his former coach and do what he does best, disrupt the passing game.

We don't run a cover 2, and He would be fine in a 4-3.

Bohleive
02-22-2007, 03:37 PM

It should be down to SF and two other places; SF for the reasons listed abovw. The other two that I think will be in the mix are Cleveland, who's known to vastly overpay former ravens, and NE. He could see NE as his last and only shot to win another ring (along with a comparable, if slightly lower offer than the others), and Clevelands offer might be beyond absurd; to good to pass up. Either way, he's going to a place where he can play the position that got him to the pro bowl. Not 4-3 OLB and not DE.

cunningham06
02-22-2007, 05:24 PM
Thomas can play cover two, he can play almost anywhere, he isn't a bad fit for any team.

Shiver
02-22-2007, 05:26 PM
I think the two 3-4 teams, in need of Linebackers, should go for him. New York (J) and San Francisco, being the two teams I am referring to.

Daonly
02-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Thomas said in a radio interview last week that he wants to play in a warm city team. He says he played for the Ravens his entire career.. SOo i don't think the Packers or Browns have a chance unless they overpay him. :P

etk
02-22-2007, 05:32 PM

I know the Packers don't run Cover 2, but either you waste his talents playing him at DE (while wasting KGBs talents), or you put him at SLB and watch him struggle. You don't pay top notch money for an SLB who is just gonna eat up blockers for Hawk & Barnett.

Just keep dreaming.

Ravens1991
02-22-2007, 06:50 PM
Thomas can play cover two, he can play almost anywhere, he isn't a bad fit for any team.

he could play there but it would be a complete waste of his talent.

Hurricane Ditka
02-22-2007, 06:58 PM
The words Cover 2 get thrown around quite a bit. You can run Cover 2 from a 3-4, 4-3, 5-2, get the picture? Saying Cover 2 just means that you play with 2 deep safeties that divide the field in half, and almost every team does that.

GB12
02-22-2007, 07:07 PM
The words Cover 2 get thrown around quite a bit. You can run Cover 2 from a 3-4, 4-3, 5-2, get the picture? Saying Cover 2 just means that you play with 2 deep safeties that divide the field in half, and almost every team does that.

When people say cover 2 they are almost always referrinf to the Tampa 2.

etk
02-22-2007, 07:10 PM

Good point. I love 3-4 Cover 2 in Madden. It's impossible to throw across the middle, but it's also impossible to get a good pass rush :D :(

regoob2
02-22-2007, 07:32 PM
Pretty bad move

bearsfan_51
02-23-2007, 10:56 AM
Why is he called AD?

Really? I thought pretty much all scholars from all perspectives acknowledged that a man named Jesus existed...whatever. You learn something new every day.

Anyways...
Oh they do. What I meant by "the life of Jesus" was what surrounded his life. That he existed and that he was at some point a political prisoner is generally well accepted.

asmitty45
02-23-2007, 11:07 AM
I WANT HIM IN DETROIT!

ny10804
02-23-2007, 11:11 AM
He'll most likely end up a 49er. The one thing that the Packers have going is that Thomas and Favre share the same agent, Bus Cook, and went to the same college, Southern Miss.

The 49ers use the 3-4, have the most money, have warm weather, and have Thomas' former defensive coordinator in Mike Nolan as their coach. Makes sense.

bigbluedefense
02-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Why is he called AD?

Anyways...
Oh they do. What I meant by "the life of Jesus" was what surrounded his life. That he existed and that he was at some point a political prisoner is generally well accepted.

His ressurrection is the point of debate. Its widely accepted that he existed, but theres some historical scholars who believe he was never executed. There was a rather lengthy thesis I read by a buddist scholar who shows very credible evidence of Jesus flocking East after the ressurection and influencing the buddhist philosophy with his views. Other religious sects also have their own "evidence". This is a very taboo subject, so I better stop here. Don't want to offend anyone, Im not taking sides on this, just discussing somethings I read.

someone447
02-23-2007, 11:20 AM

I know the Packers don't run Cover 2, but either you waste his talents playing him at DE (while wasting KGBs talents), or you put him at SLB and watch him struggle. You don't pay top notch money for an SLB who is just gonna eat up blockers for Hawk & Barnett.

Just keep dreaming.

KGB's talents? He hasn't done anything in a few years. In fact, he lost his starting job last year. There has actually been talk out of the Packer camp that they are looking at him. Someone posted an article talking about it in the team thread. Don't be surprised if the Packers go after him hard. TT won't be afraid to throw money at him, especially with a front loaded contract like Woodson had. I think a deal where you get most of the money the first 2 years would be better than a deal where you can get cut and not receive some of it. But we will see what happens.

here was a rather lengthy thesis I read by a buddist scholar who shows very credible evidence of Jesus flocking East after the ressurection and influencing the buddhist philosophy with his views.

Where would I be able to find that?

The Legend
02-23-2007, 12:11 PM

it sucsk that he wasnt tagged

GB12
02-23-2007, 12:43 PM

How would that suck for us.

Bohleive
02-23-2007, 12:49 PM

Because the Packers have like a 5% chance of getting him.

GB12
02-23-2007, 12:52 PM

Yeah, but if he was tagged it would be 0%. Don't see what sucks about that.

Bohleive
02-23-2007, 12:56 PM

he's also a ravens fan.

GB12
02-23-2007, 01:06 PM

he's also a ravens fan.

Ravens fan? Why is he always in the Packers thread then

DeathbyStat
02-23-2007, 01:50 PM
If he hits the market he is going to the 49ers

niel89
02-23-2007, 03:07 PM
If he hits the market he is going to the 49ers
i really hope he goes to the 49ers because i get to see him play still.

that and the ravens vs. 49ers game will be better

SaintsMan
02-23-2007, 10:47 PM
The Saints are interested, but I doubt he'd want to play here.

Flyboy
02-23-2007, 11:01 PM
The Saints are interested, but I doubt he'd want to play here.

I don't see why he wouldn't...

SaintsMan
02-25-2007, 03:14 PM
I don't see why he wouldn't...

Thomas might view the Saints as a winner, but I don't think we'll break the bank for him , something SF, GB or another team might be more willing

Same with Clements. Our #1 need is Corner, but if Clements wants Champ money, he'll sign with the Redskins, SF or whoever will meet his demands

jetsfan3
02-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Sign him Mangini. It said somewhere, I don't remember, but the Jets are taking a strong look at Thomas. How cool would it be to have two atheltic Thomas' on oppoisite sides of the field?!

Zim3031
02-25-2007, 06:30 PM
I highly doubt that the Jets would get into a bidding war for a high priced free agent.