PDA

View Full Version : USC Jr. RG Chilo Rachal

Jericho@SC
01-03-2008, 02:39 AM
Reportedly, he's considering entering the draft early because of family health issues.

He's listed a 6'5 315 and was 1st team all Pac-10 despite missing a few games due to a sprained knee.

Rachal has been a rock for the USC line along with Sam Baker the last two years. He's not very well known, but I think he has the physical tools to become a solid NFL starter. I'd say he's a 3rd or 4th round pick right now, but if he has a good combine and people do their homework, he has a very outside shot at sneaking into the the 2nd round.

Anyone have thoughts on him? I'd say the biggest issue with him is consistency. Some games he can be a true road grader, some games he can be manhandled (his matchup against Alan Branch in the 06 Rose Bowl comes to mind).

SuperKevin
01-03-2008, 02:43 AM
If he declares I'd put him above all of the seniors and right below UVa OG/OT Branden Albert. I think he could be a late 2nd round pick at best

Stufazz
01-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Has had trouble with a knee in the early part of his career. An excellent run blocker. Is light on his feet but needs to work on his technique. Round 2-3

The Legend
01-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Duke Robinson may also come out early but guard dont usally
Chilo Rachal is 1st round talent next year if he stay 2nd round if he comes out

Woody56
01-03-2008, 01:17 PM
just hope he is not another fred matua

Cashmoney
01-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Does anyone here actually know a lot about this guard class because I was under the impression earlier in the year that Jeremy Perry was the best jr. OG but I havent heard much on him, or if he's leaning towards leaving early or not.

SuperKevin
01-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Does anyone here actually know a lot about this guard class because I was under the impression earlier in the year that Jeremy Perry was the best jr. OG but I havent heard much on him, or if he's leaning towards leaving early or not.

Perry probably was the best guard but he got hurt midway through the season. He's definately coming back for his senior year