PDA

View Full Version : Bye, Playoff Week 1

GB12
01-03-2008, 04:17 PM
So, I'm hoping for Washington and New York to win. If Seattle wins on Saturday I'll switch to rooting for Tampa. Honestly I feel good about any of the possible match ups for us. We should handle New York quite easily especially since they're with out Shockey now. Tampa doesn't have the offensive power to match us. Seattle would be the toughest, but there's nothing about them that scares me either.

JF4
01-03-2008, 04:46 PM
1) New York: They don't seem like a big game team (though they played great against the Pats). They really took advantage of a cake schedule this year. Get pressure on Manning and he will make mistakes, they don't have Shockey either who killed us when we played them earlier this year. Their D is easily the worst of the 3 and I think the Pack can really exploit their secondary.

2) Tampa Bay: They have a great defense and aren't prone to turning the ball over. Obviously, that does wonders, especially in the playoffs but I think the Pack has to many playmakers on the offense. Like GB said their offense isn't to great, they don't really have a deep passing game which I think will be our downfall in the playoffs and I think our d-line can hold their run game. It would definately be a close game if we have the battle of the Bay's but I think we win it.

3) Seattle: The most talented team on both sides of the ball of the 3. Matt Hasselbeck has been outstanding this year and I really think he would have a great game against our secondary. Unlike most people, I still think Shaun Alexander has a few good games left in him but their O-line isn't the best at run blocking. They have a very good secondary, so we'd have to really try to get our run game going along with the pass. They also have playoff experience which we really don't have outside of a few players.

TitleTown088
01-03-2008, 04:57 PM
How sweet would it be to see " we'll take the ball and we're going to score" all over again?

jackalope
01-03-2008, 05:47 PM
I went with Tampa, but I really feel confident about us playing any team in the NFC, with the exception of Dallas. I'm really hoping for Washington to beat Seattle, and then Dallas.

The Legend
01-03-2008, 06:22 PM
How sweet would it be to see " we'll take the ball and we're going to score" all over again?

i would laugh if he said it again, i he should it would funny overall

to be honest i dont want to vs any of them lol but i think we will vs them Buccs

i want to vs the Giants i think Favre could have a better day aginst them then again there pass rush is scary

i think Buccs wouldnt get much pressure on us thou there defence is really good

and for Seahawks i really like there defence and i think Matt Hassleback could take advantage againts our safetys and nickles

princefielder28
01-03-2008, 07:59 PM
I picked Tampa because of their lack of fire power on offense.

PackerLegend
01-03-2008, 08:23 PM
i think we can take any 3 and win. I picked Tampa Bay though because its an old NFC North rival, and they play in the warmest area out of the 3 and have to come to da Frozen Tundra.

There offense is the weakest of the 3 but they still have Galloway at WR, Garcia at QB and Grahm who filled in pretty good for Cadillac. Thats not much to worry about on offense but im pretty sure there defense is 2nd overall. They also lost to da Lions so how they made the playoffs is beyond me.

johbur
01-03-2008, 08:34 PM
I'd most want to play the Bucs, then the Giants, then the Squawks. The main thing that worries me about Seattle is Holmgren and his understanding of Favre, which I feel is greater than Gruden's understanding of Favre, and Tampa Bay doesn't have the rushers and passing game that Seattle has.

GB12
01-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Seattle it is.

ny10804
01-05-2008, 07:03 PM
http://i.packers.com/pg/tauscher_mark_2007/photo1.jpg

http://img.fannation.com/images/getty/2007/11/12/23/20071112232129876418000-gyi.jpg

This is gonna be a huge matchup in the game. Tausch' needs play great to keep Favre upright.

Boston
01-05-2008, 07:28 PM
It's a good thing we have Franks back now. He could be a big help if Kerney poses a problem during the game.

neko4
01-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Aww crap, I hate Seattle

ny10804
01-05-2008, 09:41 PM
It's a good thing we have Franks back now. He could be a big help if Kerney poses a problem during the game.

Him and Lee back together again is a very nice weapon to have. Bubba in particular could be a big threat in the two tight end set, because nearly every team will put their better cover people on Lee. And as always, Bubba at 6'6" is an instant matchup problem for any LB, CB, or S at the goaline.

We have a lot of weapons on offense - Driver, Jennings, Robinson, Jones, Martin, Lee, Franks, Grant, even Jackson and Morency in the screen game - and I think we'll be fine on offense.

What it's gonna come down to is our offensive line protecting Favre and our defensive line limiting Alexander and Morris.

johbur
01-06-2008, 12:39 AM
Well, Seattle still has to deal with Lambeau Field. I think our O-line will hold up better and Seattle let Todd Collins get the lead on them in the 4th quarter at home, so I'm hoping we drop at least 35 on Seattle.

Football Fan
01-06-2008, 02:06 AM
As painful as it was I think the loss to the bears 2 weeks ago is going to be a big help for the packers in this game.

umphrey
01-06-2008, 03:10 AM
Seattle runs a 4-3 don't they? It seems like we do alright against the 4-3 blitz but struggle with the 3-4 LB blitz.

GB12
01-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Seattle runs a 4-3 don't they? It seems like we do alright against the 4-3 blitz but struggle with the 3-4 LB blitz.

Yeah they're a 4-3. Ray Rhodes' system that we had used for a couple years in the 90s. They blitz Julian Peterson a lot though, and we might have some problems picking him up.

GB12
01-06-2008, 02:41 PM
It's 52 here right now. I sure hope it gets colder by Saturday. A playoff game in Green Bay should never be above freezing.

Boston
01-06-2008, 02:47 PM
I hope what we saw from Jackson last week wasn't a fluke. He could be a big help come next week.

Football Fan
01-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Im glad the giants won, I think they have a better chance of beating dallas than tampa would. This will be the 3rd time dallas will have to beat them this year which aparently has been diffucult to do (11 out 53 attempts since the 73 merger). As much as I would love for the packers to get revenge on dallas, I would much rather they have the chance to play the giants at lambeau field. Not that I want to put the jinx on the packers by hoping for the giants, but playing at home is a much better option.
Im not looking past seattle, Im sure the packers are going to have there hands full against them. Im just saying..

bearsfan_51
01-06-2008, 03:37 PM
It's 52 here right now. I sure hope it gets colder by Saturday. A playoff game in Green Bay should never be above freezing.
I dunno about Green Bay but it's supposed to be MUCH colder in Minneapolis by next weekend.

Boston
01-06-2008, 03:45 PM
I dunno about Green Bay but it's supposed to be MUCH colder in Minneapolis by next weekend.

It's "supposed" to be cloudy, with a high of 24 on Saturday. But, yeah, take that for what it's worth...

jackalope
01-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Seattle would have been my last choice out of the 3, but we should be able to beat them. I didn't think they looked all that impressive against Washington yesterday.

PackerLegend
01-06-2008, 07:01 PM
I just remember we played Seattle in preseason. It was only preseason but ya know we won 48-13 :) lets do that again in the Playoffs.

princefielder28
01-06-2008, 08:17 PM
I just remember we played Seattle in preseason. It was only preseason but ya know we won 48-13 :) lets do that again in the Playoffs.

Hopefully Shaun Alexander plays as well as he did then and the 16 game weeks after

The Legend
01-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Aww crap, I hate Seattle

C-Wood & Harris will shut down Hasselback, and Alexander will shutdown himself with his lack of talent

johbur
01-09-2008, 11:34 PM
If both teams handle the pass rush and don't turn the ball over, I like the Packers. Our O-line versus their front seven will be the key to the game, IMO.