PDA

View Full Version : Phil Loaholt..please pick up your syllabus for the spring semester...

bruschis4all
01-03-2008, 06:19 PM
You were god-awful last night. And, tell your buddy the Duke he's no John Wayne. I suggest the same for him. If those two are 1st rounders, I'll invite you guys over to watch the draft with me and the Mrs...Morgan Fairchild...

D-Unit
01-03-2008, 06:22 PM
One game doesn't determine their success as professionals. Overall, they have had very nice seasons.

BeerBaron
01-03-2008, 06:23 PM
he has seemed like a guy who could use another year of development though

energizerbunny
01-03-2008, 06:23 PM
god-awful = Pass blocking
Dominant = Run Blocking

Too much of a waist bender, really forgot to move his feet... looked slow in his drop step.

He really mauled in the run game, I suppose he should though.

I think the lay off hurt him, because he was much more impressive eariler in the season. Its just one game

My opinion of him is basically still the same.... he can be a very solid,mauling RT.

If he can go back and work on those feet he'll be drafted very high next year.

keylime_5
01-03-2008, 06:42 PM
They just need some good ole pro coaching is all. But certainly both need another year of college ball, I could've told ya that before the Fiesta Bowl. Not a fan of knee jerk reactions though.

toonsterwu
01-03-2008, 06:43 PM
I think Duke Robinson is ready. Certainly, another year wouldn't hurt, but he's a late first/early 2nd consideration, and the chances of him rising a lot are slim, IMO. I still think Loadholt should stay, but I could see him bolting if a lot of the junior Sooners bolt.

bruschis4all
01-03-2008, 07:10 PM
One game doesn't determine their success as professionals. Overall, they have had very nice seasons.

He wasn't all that hot against Mizzou either. How many false starts did he have that game? Not ready yet. I've seen a few projections that have him in the top 10.

energizerbunny
01-04-2008, 01:25 AM
He wasn't all that hot against Mizzou either. How many false starts did he have that game? Not ready yet. I've seen a few projections that have him in the top 10.

I watched some of his JUCO Tape last year and he looked very impressive, saw him early this season and was very impressed. I still think he has the potential to be a great tackle. I really think he wore down as the season went on.

Its hard to believe Duke can raise his stock much higher, especially in such a weak year for guards and the sudden craze of having high paid guards in the league.

Iamcanadian
01-04-2008, 09:05 AM
People have to get over a 1 game judgment. I remember when Tommie Harris played terrible against USC in the National Championship game and still was a top 10 pick in the draft and has become an All Pro.
Loadholt was always overrated because of his play against Miami, he never was a top 20 guy but I'd say Robinson has a shot if he declares and if he works out well in the post season.
Oklahoma's failure rests on Bob Stoops shoulders in my opinion. Great HC's may loose but their teams always come ready to play and I question whether Stoops's team are prepared in Bowl games where talent will only carry you so far as you are usually facing another HC who has equal talent. Stoops is a great recruiter but I question his HCing ability.

Number 10
01-04-2008, 09:39 AM
I'd still take him at #26 in a heartbeat. Kid is gonna be a stud.

BeerBaron
01-04-2008, 10:22 AM
People have to get over a 1 game judgment. I remember when Tommie Harris played terrible against USC in the National Championship game and still was a top 10 pick in the draft and has become an All Pro.
Loadholt was always overrated because of his play against Miami, he never was a top 20 guy but I'd say Robinson has a shot if he declares and if he works out well in the post season.
Oklahoma's failure rests on Bob Stoops shoulders in my opinion. Great HC's may loose but their teams always come ready to play and I question whether Stoops's team are prepared in Bowl games where talent will only carry you so far as you are usually facing another HC who has equal talent. Stoops is a great recruiter but I question his HCing ability.

i believe harris was picked at 14, not top 10

etk
01-04-2008, 10:34 AM
He reminds me of Bryant McKinnie, but McKinnie was a better pass blocker coming out of college. He's probably better served to return for another year, but I'd still draft him in a heartbeat.

bored of education
01-04-2008, 10:39 AM
For the potential he has, I would draft him. If I could call him or had connections like toonster I'd tell him stay another year.

thebow305
01-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Duke is ready.. Loadholt looks like he could certainly benefit from another year at OSU... he is extremely raw and would be no more than a more mobile version of L.J. Shelton at this point. IMO.

draftguru151
01-04-2008, 11:51 AM
I'd still take him at #26 in a heartbeat. Kid is gonna be a stud.

Is he still the best LT in the country?

Number 10
01-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Is he still the best LT in the country?

I think, at this point, he is not. But in terms of NFL potential, I take him over Long. So if you approach it in terms of the draft, I'm taking Loadholt over anybody.

MidwayMonster31
01-06-2008, 12:54 AM
He had trouble with West Virginia's quicker edge-rushers. Right now, he looks a lot like a guard in the NFL because of his size and mauling ability, which is why I think he could be a very good guard. Since he's listed at 350 pounds, if he sheds 20-25 pounds and gets quicker by this time next year, he could play tackle.
Why don't we ask Brady Quinn how much money he lost because of his Sugar Bowl or how much richer JaMarcus Russell made himself because of that game?

foozball
01-06-2008, 01:05 AM
6'8 guard? he'd be better off at RT if he cant play LT

Its Ya Boy
01-06-2008, 01:33 AM
and people thought he could be a top 5 LT pick. if he went on Jenny Craig maybe he could be but hes is just another Leonard Davis clone, he needs some twork!

Shiver
01-06-2008, 08:14 PM

Loadholt has been very, very inconsistent. It was hardly just 'one game.' If he came out it would be a horrendous mistake.

Mr. Stiller
01-06-2008, 08:18 PM
6'8 guard? he'd be better off at RT if he cant play LT

Todd Herremans?

Mr. Stiller
01-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Loadholt has been very, very inconsistent. It was hardly just 'one game.' If he came out it would be a horrendous mistake.

Agreed Shiver, as for Robinson, I don't see the domination that his size would indicate he's capable off.

I can't remember off the top of my head but out of 5 games I watched, he was unimpressive in three. Seemed to just go through the motions.

There's glimpses of fire and the nastiness to play in the trenches, but it's eventually followed by A bunch of plays where he doesn't get any push.

genom
01-06-2008, 09:01 PM
This guy has terribly slow feet in protection, and is very raw. I'd also think he'd be better in the run game considering his size, but he doesn't really knock people off the line. Even at right tackle, i think he could struggle with NFL defensive ends. I really don't like him that much right now.

Grave Digger
01-06-2008, 10:32 PM
I don't know if it's that he needs to stay another season, I think he really needs a position change. He didn't move his feet well at all. Dingle (I don't any of their other DEs) was just running right by Big Phil and he simply couldn't back there fast enough. He's not an NFL LT in my opinion. RT is the spot for him.

bearsfan_51
01-07-2008, 02:20 PM
I'm glad more people are starting to see the light on Loadholt. I've never included him in any of my mocks because I him coming out would be the worst possible decision of any potential juniors. He's a very fringe first rounder right now.

Its Ya Boy
01-09-2008, 04:49 AM
When i watch him i think a ****** max starks, and thats sayin somethin