PDA

View Full Version : QB's

bspen4
01-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Ok out of the big 3 qb's this year and Derek Anderson which one would you rather have?

D-Unit
01-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Ok out of the big 3 qb's this year and Derek Anderson which one would you rather have?
Colt Brennan is the best of the Big 3 and I'd take him over Anderson too.

BeerBaron
01-03-2008, 07:08 PM
i like woodson but only to a team where he can sit for at least a year. he needs some more polish but he probably has the biggest star potential if he can sit and learn for a while.

brohm is probably the most nfl ready however

regoob2
01-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Whoever takes Woodson he'll sit all year if not the next.

toonsterwu
01-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Um, are you saying on an equal surface? Because if so, I'll take Anderson, as he's shown he can play in the NFL. But if you include the potential cost in picks, then I'd probably pass.

My QB board is stacked this way: Matt Ryan (most ready), Brian Brohm (highest floor), Joe Flacco (high ceiling), Andre' Woodson (high ceiling), Colt Brennan

My personal board is stacked: Joe Flacco, Andre' Woodson, Matt Ryan, Brian Brohm, Colt Brennan

Babylon
01-03-2008, 07:14 PM

I would go with Matt Ryan but to keep with your premise here i do think Anderson is worth a 1st round pick.

bspen4
01-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Thanks. Im trying to decide if I should trade my top 5 pick for Anderson and a 3rd or just draft one of the other QB's

Babylon
01-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Thanks. Im trying to decide if I should trade my top 5 pick for Anderson and a 3rd or just draft one of the other QB's

I think a 1st and a 3rd is too steep for Anderson, i like him but not sure you couldnt get the same out of a Chad Henne or Erik Ainge in a couple of years.

bruschis4all
01-03-2008, 07:35 PM

Wish I could have seen Colt more in the reg. season. His OL was god-awful Tuesday nite. Their OT's used horrible technique trying to block the Ga. def ends. They tried that punch in the chest and didn't slide step with them at all. Maybe, they didn't have to do that in the WAC. But, when you have de's who can run a 4.7 40. You better use proper pass-blocking technique.

Will be interesting tracking this year's qb class over the next 4-5 years. There are 5-6 qb's who might be able to start in the NFL. The Big 3 everybody keeps talking about; Ryan,Woodson and Brohm, Maybe, Brennan, Henne or someone like Ainge turns out better in the long run. Have never seen Flacco. Won't comment on him. I've seen too much of Morelli. Deer in headlights. Don't think Booty will cut it either. Hope Dennis Dixon gets healthy too. He may have been the most valuable player to his team in the country this year.

Just a hunch. But, I like the Brohm kid from louisville. I think the loss of Petrino really took from his senior year. Plus, they lost a lot of talent from their 06 team.

Travis 24
01-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Brian Brohm in a heartbeat..

Xiomera
01-03-2008, 09:36 PM
I'd rather pay the big contract to a proven comodity like Anderson than a rookie like any of the big 3.

Give me Anderson.

scar988
01-03-2008, 09:40 PM

what team are you?

BamaFalcon59
01-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Brian Brohm or Matt Ryan.

DiG
01-04-2008, 10:27 AM

hehe. you so silly.

for me id want Brian Brohm over Anderson, Ryan, or Woodson. I think that he has the better tangibles and has less to "fix" than the others.

BeerBaron
01-04-2008, 10:34 AM
hehe. you so silly.

for me id want Brian Brohm over Anderson, Ryan, or Woodson. I think that he has the better tangibles and has less to "fix" than the others.

thats true, i dont disagree. i dont know about over anderson just because he has nfl experience, but his price would likely be higher...

but while brohm has the least to fix and is probably most nfl ready, i stand by my belief that a team who can let woodson sit for at least a year will be rewarded majorly in the end with a superstar caliber player

bspen4
01-04-2008, 10:49 AM
what team are you?

Chiefs but I have made my OL considerably better through trades.

dRaFtDoRk
01-04-2008, 10:53 AM
I'd rather take the prove player in Anderson, even if it means giving the money to him

01-04-2008, 11:21 AM
In this case you always go with the proven player Anderson. From the big 3 only its easily Woodson but for the money you would pay Flacco in the second round he would be much better value than anyone mentioned here.

RyanLeaf#1
01-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Brian Brohm and its not even close for me.

adamprez2003
01-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Below is where I think each QB is ranked and what round I would draft or trade for them. Colt Brennan in my opinion is Jeff Klingsbury a system QB who will never amount to anything in the pros. Whoever gets him will see no return on their investment for at least three years if ever

Matt Ryan (high 1st)
Brian Brohm (mid 1st)
Derek Anderson (2nd rounder)
Joe Flacco (2nd rd)
Andre Woddson (2nd rd)
Erik Ainge (3rd rd)
Chad Henne (4th)
Josh Johnson (5th)
Anthony Morelli (7th)

DiG
01-04-2008, 12:30 PM
thats true, i dont disagree. i dont know about over anderson just because he has nfl experience, but his price would likely be higher...

but while brohm has the least to fix and is probably most nfl ready, i stand by my belief that a team who can let woodson sit for at least a year will be rewarded majorly in the end with a superstar caliber player

he has a lot of potential yes but he has a big risk as well. Like you said, if he can sit (probably 2 years) in a system with a good qb coach and a vet that he can learn from (not anyone on the bears) then he has a chance to be pretty good but if he has to play early and he isnt ready...say hello to Kyle Boller.

I just feel that Brohm is the only one of the big 3 with all the tools to succeed. He may need a year or two to sit as well but almost all rookies do and while he sits all he needs to do is learn the system and not worry about changing other areas of his game. Technically his throwing is great and I love his accuracy and decision making alot more than the other two.

With Anderson I wouldnt trade more than a 2nd round pick. His last few games worried me a lot. I think that he takes too many risks and gets bailed out by KWII and Braylon a lot more than people realize.

RyanLeaf#1
01-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Below is where I think each QB is ranked and what round I would draft or trade for them. Colt Brennan in my opinion is Jeff Klingsbury a system QB who will never amount to anything in the pros. Whoever gets him will see no return on their investment for at least three years if ever

LOL do you mean Kliff Kingsbury?

sweetd20
01-04-2008, 04:11 PM
I wouldn't take any of the top three QBs before pick 10 this year and Anderson only if I had a higher pick than Cleveland and they were willing to take the higher pick for their 1st and Andeson.

Scott in his blog wrote unless you have a franchise Qb you don't pass on one. Well in the list of bad teams there are 7 QBs that when drafted were thought to be those franchise guys and on the eight losers there are seven guys that were suppose to be nothing in the NFL. Not much burns a team like spending top 5 money on a franchise QB only to have to stick with him for three or four years no matter how bad he may be.

adamprez2003
01-04-2008, 04:20 PM
LOL do you mean Kliff Kingsbury?

lol. that's how memorable his nfl career has been. You missed Woodson instead of Wodson. You're slipping Ryan Leaf

BlindSite
01-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Probably take Anderson he's a known commodity in the NFL and from what I see he can be moulded to be very good, the other three could all be busts.