PDA

View Full Version : Warren Sapp Out

D4rk 0ne
01-04-2008, 01:09 AM
Source for those who missed it: http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_7873260?nclick_check=1

Well, Sapp's gone. He had a great career, ending just shy of 100 career sacks. He was a great player and his passion for football made him a great rallying point for the D in his time as a Raider (and as a Buc too). He will be missed.

How does this affect us for next season? We will have Sands, Brayton, and Warren, presumably. Sands is huge but he has never had to handle major playing time. With the current situation, we'd have to rely on him to be a consistent force. Probably not a great idea. Brayton is not big enough to be a DT and won't offer much run support... Warren is okay; I like him well enough, but he needs someone more proven than Sands or *shudder* Brayton to partner up with...

So how does this affect our offseason? Do we go after another vet FA, or do we look to draft a big-name DT? Maybe we take Sedrick Ellis with our round 1 pick, but that seems like a bit of a reach to me. Do we look to take Okam or Balmer in the 2nd, which could give us a better talent in the first, such as Chris Long, Jake Long, or possibly Vernon Gholston?

How do you guys think we should plan to come back from this with a stronger team?

portermvp84
01-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Sapp is be greatly missed, he was one of my favorites. I think we should take Chris Long in the first and hope that Frank Okam is there in the second. If not we'll have to go to signing one of those wiley old vets.