PDA

View Full Version : Tampa's Morris to Oakland ?

Play Hard
01-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Tampa's Morris could replace Ryan in Oakland
Friday, Jan 4, 2008 7:27 am EST

Getty Images
While the Oakland Raiders have not made the firing of defensive coordinator Rob Ryan official, there are rumors flying out of the Raider Nation that coach Lane Kiffin already has a replacement in mind.
The San Jose Mercury News reported Kiffin is considering Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive-backs coach Raheem Morris, people in the Raiders' front office and close to Morris confirmed Thursday. Morris has been groomed as a future defensive coordinator in Tampa by Kiffin's father, Monte.
Several published reports have speculated about Kiffin hiring his father, Monte, to replace Ryan when the Buccaneers' season ends. Monte Kiffin, the Bucs' defensive coordinator, dismissed the likelihood of that happening.
Source: San Jose Mercury News

etk
01-04-2008, 10:09 AM
When in doubt, just hire one of our defensive assistants. I wouldn't be surprised.

zCaddyz
01-04-2008, 10:16 AM
man i would hate too see morris go, but he deserves it

Play Hard
01-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Pillaging just for fun

DJC
01-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Looks like we keep Morris for now. Raiders say Ryan is staying.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-raiders-ryan&prov=ap&type=lgns

Caddy
01-04-2008, 05:37 PM
I hope Morris stays. I think he is one of the key reasons our defense has bounced back so strongly from a poor performance last year.

Play Hard
01-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Looks like we keep Morris for now. Raiders say Ryan is staying.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-raiders-ryan&prov=ap&type=lgns

There is/was so much talk of Morris and the cover 2 coming to the Raiders and Ryan going to the Jets that I think the Raiders pr guy stepped in to cool down the talks/rumors until Tampa's season is over

dbtb135
01-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Ask Joe Barry about Bruce Allen letting defensive assistants out of their contract to take a higher job. He'll probably have some 4 letter words in his response....