PDA

View Full Version : Senior Bowl

Scout49
01-04-2008, 08:07 PM
UPDATED:
I just thought I'd let you all know that the San Francisco 49ers coaching staff led by Mike Nolan will be coaching the South team this year and the Oakland Raiders coaching staff led by Lane Kiffin will be coaching the North team. This is the 3rd year in a row for the 49ers will be coaching the senoir bowl.

Does anyone have a list of who was invited to play in the senior bowl?

Farva
01-04-2008, 08:28 PM
I just thought I'd let you all know that the San Francisco 49ers led by Mike Nolan will be coaching the South Team this year.

All of them?

Scout49
01-04-2008, 11:01 PM
All of them? LOL! Yes, the whole 49ers team will be coaching the senior bowl this year. Kidding I fixed it!

Borat
01-04-2008, 11:36 PM
The only 3 guarantees in this lifetime: Death, Taxes, and the 49ers coaching the Senior Bowl.

diabsoule
01-05-2008, 12:11 AM
49ers have done a good job drafting when Nolan has coached the Senior Bowl. Too bad he's picking way down in the order this year.

Buffalo M
01-05-2008, 07:19 AM
Does anyone have a list of who was invited to play in the senior bowl?
They don't announce the complete list until Jan. 20th. The website shows some of the invitees.

The east-west shrine rosters are out and are on their website.

PACKmanN
01-05-2008, 07:33 AM
why is it always them? I want the packers staff there. It would be nice to have a winning team there, I think it will mean more for the players then a losing team, record wise.

Sveen
01-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Hula Bowl roster: http://www.hulabowlhawaii.com/players/index.asp

PACKmanN
01-05-2008, 08:07 AM
Hula Bowl roster: http://www.hulabowlhawaii.com/players/index.asp

Larry Grant at SS, interesting.

no love
01-06-2008, 03:57 AM
why is it always them? I want the packers staff there. It would be nice to have a winning team there, I think it will mean more for the players then a losing team, record wise.

Well the 49ers have gotten lucky that the teams ahead of them did not want to coach it or have had no coach to coach it.

As far as what it means to the players I would disagree. The 49ers have always gone into the Senior Bowl with a good coaching staff.

The defensive players get to work with Nolan, who is a really good defensive mind and Singletary one of the best LBs to play the game. Singletery alone is a real treat for young players because he has the hardest drills around and is very focused on fundamentals.

As far as the offense, they use the Air Coryell digit system which is very easy to learn for the players and showcases everything you want in a players skill set. They have had Mike McCarthy and used Norv Turner as the OC's so there goes the argument for your coach.

Ness
01-06-2008, 05:39 AM

A winning team will never get the chance to coach the Senior Bowl. Those opportunities always go to the teams with the worst records in the league. And I really don't think it would mean anything significant to the players. Especially since they're all going to be on different teams within the next month or so anyways.

Raider_fan_Canada
01-06-2008, 06:59 AM
BTW its Kiffin

Glad my team's staff will be working there. I wonder if Mike Singletery wont be out interviewing for HC jobs. I know he wants an opportunity bad. Hopes he gets it.

bruschis4all
01-06-2008, 08:15 AM
BTW its Kiffin

Glad my team's staff will be working there. I wonder if Mike Singletery wont be out interviewing for HC jobs. I know he wants an opportunity bad. Hopes he gets it.

I remember NFL Network showing Singletary at last year's practices working with the lb's. Very intense just doing drills. Really got after them to work harder and let them know if they weren't. Anyone with as much passion for the sport as him should get a shot to coach somewhere. I hope he gets his chance. I can't believe a staff like Chicago wouldn't want to be the NFC representative. No coaching turnover. Underachieving team. Need to fill some holes on that defense.

Grave Digger
01-06-2008, 12:52 PM
I remember NFL Network showing Singletary at last year's practices working with the lb's. Very intense just doing drills. Really got after them to work harder and let them know if they weren't. Anyone with as much passion for the sport as him should get a shot to coach somewhere. I hope he gets his chance. I can't believe a staff like Chicago wouldn't want to be the NFC representative. No coaching turnover. Underachieving team. Need to fill some holes on that defense.

Yeah he was really wearing guys out.

aheineken
01-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Hopefully the Rams staff decides to coach the North roster. They would be stupid to pass up this opportunity.

Geo
01-06-2008, 01:23 PM
Yeah he was really wearing guys out.
Namely one Buster Davis.

Sniper
01-14-2008, 05:39 AM
Chad Henne, Shawn Crable, Kirk Barton and more announce they will play in the Senior Bowl.

http://www.al.com/sports/press-register/index.ssf?/base/sports/1200219432205490.xml&coll=3

diabsoule
01-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Namely one Buster Davis.

And we all know where he is right now.

Geo
01-19-2008, 02:56 PM
http://www.seniorbowl.com/2008/news/2008nflnetworkcoverage.htm

Below is a day-by-day breakdown of NFL Network’s planned television coverage of the 2008 Under Armour Senior Bowl:

2008 Under Armour Senior Bowl on NFL Network – all times are CST

Monday, Jan. 21
3:00 – Day 1: North Team Practice (HD)
7:00 – Day 1: Path to the Draft Senior Bowl Recap Show (HD)

Tuesday, Jan. 22
9:30 – Day 2: North Team Practice (HD)
3:30 - Day 2: South Team Practice (HD)
7:00 - Day 2: Path to the Draft Senior Bowl Recap Show (HD)

Wednesday, Jan. 23
9:30 – Day 3: North Team Practice (HD)
3:30 – Day 3: South Team Practice (HD)
7:00 – Day 3: Path to the Draft Senior Bowl Recap Show (HD)

Thursday, Jan. 24
9:30 – Day 4: North Team Practice (HD)
3:30 – Day 4: South Team Practice (HD)
7:00 – Day 4: Path to the Draft Senior Bowl Recap Show (HD)

Saturday, Jan. 26
2:30 – NFL Total Access Senior Bowl Pre-game Show (HD)
3:00 – 2008 Under Armour Senior Bowl (HD)
6:00 – NFL Total Access Senior Bowl Post-game Show (HD)
Cool stuff, NFLN beefed up the coverage. Also, former Giants GM/longtime NFL personnel man Ernie Accorsi is going to contribute.