PDA

View Full Version : Something to chew on

Bootland27
01-05-2008, 12:41 AM
This year the Lions lost 9 games by a total of 184 points or an average of 20.4
Last year the Lions lost 13 games by a total of 120 game or an average of 9.2

Last year Donnie henderson was the scapegoat, this year was Martz. who will it be next year?

toonsterwu
01-05-2008, 04:01 AM
Hmm ... at some point, Millen has to be the scapegoat, but if you guys struggle again next year, I wouldn't be surprised if Marinelli is on the chopping block.

Lionsfan93
01-05-2008, 04:06 AM
Hmm ... at some point, Millen has to be the scapegoat, but if you guys struggle again next year, I wouldn't be surprised if Marinelli is on the chopping block.

if we get rid of Matt Millen that's the end of our problem

WMD
01-05-2008, 05:07 AM
if we get rid of Matt Millen that's the end of our problem

We were a terrible franchise long before Matt Millen came around.

Notredameleo
01-05-2008, 11:23 AM
All I have to say is FIRE MILLEN..!

detroit4life
01-05-2008, 11:54 AM

true but millen also took an 8-8 team stripped them down and is still rebuilding them. Id say its his fault to a degree. To bad we didnt go after Parcells like the dolphins did. Just wait theyll be a respectable team in 2 years

Addict
01-05-2008, 01:11 PM

exactly, even though firing him will get a lot of support from the fans.

Xiomera
01-05-2008, 06:55 PM

We're worse since he got here . . . not just a coincidence either.

Iamcanadian
01-05-2008, 07:26 PM
It is not just Millen that scares me, yes he is totally incompetent but who hired him and who keeps him on the job, Mr. Ford. Like it or not, Ford is probably more incompetent than Millen and when Millen goes what guarantee is there that we will be better off. Mr. Ford can just as easily turn around and hire another Millen.
Our scouting department is full of Ford cronies and as we all know, they are also totally inept. We have a long record of poor drafting even before Millen arrived on the scene.
The fact is our whole organization from top to bottom(for now I'll leave Marinelli out of this group) needs to go and our franchise needs to be rebuilt from top to bottom. They are all Ford hires or hired by Ford cronies and their football knowledge is zero.
It is sad to say but until Mr. Ford is removed as our owner one way or another, this franchise's future is dim indeed.
Rotten sports owners like Ballard(the leafs), and Wertz(the blackhawks) just seem to never change and their teams and fans had to wait until their deaths before seeing the light. I'm just afraid Detroit Lion's fans are in the same situation.

Xiomera
01-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Well, of course we're all hoping Ford Sr. dies . . . duh!

ha . . .

Vince Lombardi
01-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Well, of course we're all hoping Ford Sr. dies . . . duh!

ha . . .

lol.....that's what it's come to in Detroit eh? Well there's still hope Barry Sanders will come out of retirement. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif Seriously though, I feel for ya'll. Having a terrible owner sucks big time.

Addict
01-07-2008, 03:31 AM
yes having a terrible owner stinks, on the other an owner with a crappy franschise is just as bad...

hey maybe we could trade Ford Sr. for Arthur Blank!