Discuss the game here.

ON TV @ 2 pm.

!!!

dabears10
01-05-2008, 01:32 PM
How do you not have this in HD???

draftguru151
01-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Any one have a number roster or know who #93 was for white?

bored of education
01-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Nope I will work on it though

ncst8fan83
01-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Any one have a number roster or know who #93 was for white?

#93 was Daquan Bowers, DE, committed to Clemson. He's gonna be beastly in a couple years.

DWilliams2IndyColts
01-05-2008, 03:13 PM
That was a short game.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-05-2008, 07:00 PM
#93 was Daquan Bowers, DE, committed to Clemson. He's gonna be beastly in a couple years.

Yes, DaQuan is an animal.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
01-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Does anyone know how EJ Manuel did? Doesn't look like he did too well, as I read some recaps and he had no mention, while all the other QB's at least had some plays.

Bills2083
01-06-2008, 09:24 AM
who was #99 of the East, who declared to Miami?
He was good.
His nickname was "Big something"(i can't remember the 2nd part)

WildDude
01-06-2008, 10:42 PM
why are the likes of EJ Manuel, AJ Green, Julio Jones at this game theyre so much better at their respective positions over other players in the Army game, which i think is a more prestigious game so anyone know?

BerninWI
01-10-2008, 04:53 PM
why are the likes of EJ Manuel, AJ Green, Julio Jones at this game theyre so much better at their respective positions over other players in the Army game, which i think is a more prestigious game so anyone know?

Because the Under Armour game is also on a major network (ABC)? Because they also had skills competitions on National TV (ESPN2)? Because they wanted to play in a possibly momentous, inaugural event associated with the worldwide leader in sports? Because the game was being played in their backyards? Because they wanted to be trailblazers instead of followers? Because NBC and Lemming pander disproportionately to Notre Dame, where those recruits didn't commit? Because they have the foresight to realize this will inevitably be a bigger game in a few years, because of a couple of the aforementioned reasons?

Anyways, a belated players I was most impressed by (which I originally posted on Recruiting Planet):

RB Jamie Harper- Was as good as any running back in the Army game. Really exhibited tremendous vision and cutback ability with fluid hips. Set players up with good shoulder fakes. Size/speed combination at 225 is exceptional. Can also catch the ball out of the backfield. He has it all.

DE DaQuan Bowers- Reminded me of a little bigger version of Quentin Groves. Very quick off the line of scrimmage and he's coming after the quarterback with intensity. But has the lateral movement and reactions to handle change of directions by ballcarriers. Should be a force at the next level.

WR Julio Jones- The type of player that you can just throw the ball in his area, and he'll make the play. Very tough to bring down after the catch ala Arrelious Benn. Made Mike Glennon the player of the game for the Red Team essentially.

RB Andre Ellington- Clemson got another impact running back. Nice wiggle and quickness, can run inside and out, and looks like he'll be a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield.

CB Brandon Harris- I believe he was covering Josh Jarboe most of the game. Anyway, did a nice job of staying at a comfortable distance away from receivers (not to far, not too close), and then anticipating to break. Did that very quickly. Fairly ideal size. Fluid hips...good ball skills...brash competitor.

QB E.J. Manuel also stood out in my opinion for his pocket poise. Reminded me a little of Andre Woodson in that aspect. Not quite the passer, but a better runner. Smart enough to know when to utilize his athletic ability, and when to carve out 50 with his arm.

H.M.- S Will Hill, TE Blake Ayles, DT Omar Hunter, and OT Mike Goodman or Antoine McClain (whoever was the white team's right tackle)

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
01-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Because the Under Armour game is also on a major network (ABC)? Because they also had skills competitions on National TV (ESPN2)? Because they wanted to play in a possibly momentous, inaugural event associated with the worldwide leader in sports? Because the game was being played in their backyards? Because they wanted to be trailblazers instead of followers? Because NBC and Lemming pander disproportionately to Notre Dame, where those recruits didn't commit? Because they have the foresight to realize this will inevitably be a bigger game in a few years, because of a couple of the aforementioned reasons?

Anyways, a belated players I was most impressed by (which I originally posted on Recruiting Planet):

RB Jamie Harper- Was as good as any running back in the Army game. Really exhibited tremendous vision and cutback ability with fluid hips. Set players up with good shoulder fakes. Size/speed combination at 225 is exceptional. Can also catch the ball out of the backfield. He has it all.

DE DaQuan Bowers- Reminded me of a little bigger version of Quentin Groves. Very quick off the line of scrimmage and he's coming after the quarterback with intensity. But has the lateral movement and reactions to handle change of directions by ballcarriers. Should be a force at the next level.

WR Julio Jones- The type of player that you can just throw the ball in his area, and he'll make the play. Very tough to bring down after the catch ala Arrelious Benn. Made Mike Glennon the player of the game for the Red Team essentially.

RB Andre Ellington- Clemson got another impact running back. Nice wiggle and quickness, can run inside and out, and looks like he'll be a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield.

CB Brandon Harris- I believe he was covering Josh Jarboe most of the game. Anyway, did a nice job of staying at a comfortable distance away from receivers (not to far, not too close), and then anticipating to break. Did that very quickly. Fairly ideal size. Fluid hips...good ball skills...brash competitor.

QB E.J. Manuel also stood out in my opinion for his pocket poise. Reminded me a little of Andre Woodson in that aspect. Not quite the passer, but a better runner. Smart enough to know when to utilize his athletic ability, and when to carve out 50 with his arm.

H.M.- S Will Hill, TE Blake Ayles, DT Omar Hunter, and OT Mike Goodman or Antoine McClain (whoever was the white team's right tackle)

Do you think EJ is better than any QB on FSU's roster?

WildDude
01-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Do you think EJ is better than any QB on FSU's roster?

Xavier Lee does have talent and Weatherford has good leadership both will be seniors next year i believe, Preston Parker and D'vontrey Richardson aren't much to be honest, in the short time they were in they didn't stand out they both are awful, no doubt that EJ Manuel will start as a RS Freshman if not i'll be suprised

BamaFalcon59
01-11-2008, 04:51 PM

EJ Manuel is not as good as Tyrelle Pryor.

Ravens1991
02-05-2008, 11:22 AM
who was the LB that weighed 265 and ran a 4.5? that is impressive for just being in high school.