PDA

View Full Version : Is Quintin Demps a sleeper?

BoltHype
01-05-2008, 08:45 PM
This guy tackles people, intercepts the football, can take an interception to the house, and also returns punts and kicks.

Does the fact that he played at UTEP hurt him at all? That school seems to recruit some really great pure athletes (Thomas Howard, Johnnie Lee Higgins)

neko4
01-05-2008, 08:48 PM
I like him, seen him play a couple times too

BufFan71
01-05-2008, 08:56 PM
i saw him play against UCF (was at the game)

he returned an int 100yds for a TD

Number 10
01-05-2008, 09:31 PM
I like him...could be the #1 safety on my board when all is said and done. You know, I bet some people are killing themselves for underrating Thomas Howard a couple years ago because he was from UTEP.

foozball
01-05-2008, 09:40 PM
i was trying to hype him up earlier this season but people said he wasnt all that...

Go Cowboys
01-05-2008, 09:44 PM
I like him...could be the #1 safety on my board when all is said and done. You know, I bet some people are killing themselves for underrating Thomas Howard a couple years ago because he was from UTEP.
That is a really good point. Many teams passed on Howard because he was from UTEP and was thought to have played lower competition. Many on this board had him with 2nd round grades, some with 3rd and some with 1st. He has turned out to be a great player that was overlooked. (But don't forget he was picked after the DROY that year in Demeco Ryans among others who have also been very productive.) So just saying some teams are upset with themselves for not taking him when they had the chance has some ground, but every linebacker that was taken ahead of him(with the exception of Bobby Carpenter who still gets some PT) is a starter on there team or was one at some point in the past two years.

toonsterwu
01-05-2008, 10:07 PM
I'm not sure he's a sleeper anymore. He might've been earlier in the year, but I think a lot of people consider him one of the better safeties in this draft and a guy who could possibly go in the 2nd/3rd.

Yung Flippa
01-05-2008, 10:56 PM
I could easily see him land in Houston in the 3rd round.

MinerRod
01-07-2008, 10:08 AM
I may be a bit biased, but I think he's a real good player and would be surprised if he doesn't go in the second or third round. It would be awesome if the Raiders took him....I think the Raiders should just start drafting one player from UTEP each year, haha.

etk
01-07-2008, 10:20 AM

I loved Howard as a prospect, can you tell me more about Demps? I haven't seen UTEP play this year and I don't know much about Quintin.