PDA

View Full Version : TCU's Tommy Blake

katnip
01-05-2008, 08:48 PM
I thought I read on here or heard on TV/ESPN he's now like 270 and a little more, but still just as fast. For anyone who follows TCU does he look bigger and is he a sure first round pick.

BufFan71
01-05-2008, 08:57 PM
he is not a sure first round pick

princefielder28
01-05-2008, 10:06 PM
He has stress problems and he would be fortunate to go in Day One even though he has first round physical talent but undraftable mental problems

Yung Flippa
01-05-2008, 10:57 PM
He'll probably fall to the 4th or 5th or even the 6th round before a team will take a chance on him.

aNYtitan
01-05-2008, 11:00 PM
So he is this year's Marcus Thomas, but instead of having a criminal record it is stress related issues. It happens every year, and I really can't remember the last time a player with first round talent that fell far did well in the NFL

gangGREENinsider
01-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Rumor has it he's bipolar...

BeerBaron
01-05-2008, 11:54 PM
He'll probably fall to the 4th or 5th or even the 6th round before a team will take a chance on him.

if i were a team with some solid ends already and not a lot of other needs, id throw a 3rd out there for him.

i think in a rotation, he could be a monster pass rusher and with other solid D-lineman already, the risk of him having one of his freak out stress attacks wouldnt hurt the team as badly

BroadwayJoe10
01-06-2008, 12:19 AM
He's been the one player who has intrigued me the most throughout this year. Has all the tools to be a first round talent, but has had issues with stress and rumored issues with his college coach. The one thing that i liked hearing was that he said he's ready to prove to everyone he is an NFL player and can't wait to show what he can do at the combine. I have been saying for months that the team that ends up with him is going to get a steal.

bruschis4all
01-06-2008, 08:18 AM
I thought I read on here or heard on TV/ESPN he's now like 270 and a little more, but still just as fast. For anyone who follows TCU does he look bigger and is he a sure first round pick.

OU had a kid with some off-field problems who was a first rounder. Dan Cody. He had the physical tools. But, there's a lot more to it than physical talent. Hopefully, Blake gets his life in order. Then, wants to focus on football. He will fail if he doesn't do it in that order.

Iamcanadian
01-06-2008, 10:14 AM
He's been the one player who has intrigued me the most throughout this year. Has all the tools to be a first round talent, but has had issues with stress and rumored issues with his college coach. The one thing that i liked hearing was that he said he's ready to prove to everyone he is an NFL player and can't wait to show what he can do at the combine. I have been saying for months that the team that ends up with him is going to get a steal.

His disorder has already led to quite a few missed games, in fact he missed most of the 2007 season. That is not the type of player a winning team can count on. I don't think he will be a steal, he is going to be very disruptive to any football team as you are nevber going to be sure if he will be servicable on any weekend.

BroadwayJoe10
01-06-2008, 10:26 AM
His disorder has already led to quite a few missed games, in fact he missed most of the 2007 season. That is not the type of player a winning team can count on. I don't think he will be a steal, he is going to be very disruptive to any football team as you are nevber going to be sure if he will be servicable on any weekend.

I know, as of now he isn't a player you can count on and like he said there are some questions that he's not going to be able to answer when it comes time for the interviews. However, I feel that if he puts it in his mind that he wants to be a football player, which i think he has, than he truly has all the physical tools to be a very solid player. I could be wrong, but it is just my opinion that this kid will be good at the next level; I can already see the espn little story they'll have about him before his first playoff game.