PDA

View Full Version : Simeon Castille DB Alabama

CaliPanthers420
01-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Just wondering what people thought about Simeon Castille?
I know he plays CB for Alabama but is being looked at from scouts as a FS.

Just want to know if he is a good tackler, how he will translate to the S position in the NFL and does he have any character issues?

Anything you can tell me about him would be great, also is he going to be at the senior bowl and if so, will he be playing S or CB.

Thank you for any insight.

JT Jag
01-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Simeon would probably be better on the pro level as a safety.

He's not that fast--- I see him running anywhere from in the very high 4.4s to a low 4.6 But that lack of speed can be covered up if he plays safety.

He has natural playmaking skills and sometimes is overly aggressive, and that's his greatest strength and most notable weakness as a defensive back.

He can play every position as a cornerback--- his skill as a nickelback could help him transition to safety.

I see him being a solid reserve in the NFL.

bored of education
01-06-2008, 02:28 PM
He has great instincts and alot of experience. I like his hands and knack for the ball. Either a safety or cover 2 CB would be the best positions for him. I alos like him because he is not affaid to tackle. he does take some risks, but is pretty solid at covering. 3rd-5th round CB/S.

One of my personal favorite prospects this year

Patriots16-0
01-07-2008, 02:10 PM
I think that safety Rashad Johnson is better than him.

SAGA45
01-07-2008, 02:31 PM
I've been watching Castille for the last three years. Outstanding playmaker. He'll run faster times than most are expecting.

diabsoule
01-07-2008, 02:34 PM
He has great instincts and alot of experience. I like his hands and knack for the ball. Either a safety or cover 2 CB would be the best positions for him. I alos like him because he is not affaid to tackle. he does take some risks, but is pretty solid at covering. 3rd-5th round CB/S.

One of my personal favorite prospects this year

You said everything I would about him.

dRaFtDoRk
01-07-2008, 03:03 PM
I like Castille as a NFL player, he's great from a physical standpoint and has gone up against some of the toughest competition in the colliegatie game.

Not to mention his bloodlines, his father is former Broncos safety Jeremiah Castille.

JT Jag
01-07-2008, 04:47 PM
I think that safety Rashad Johnson is better than him.Give him a year and he might be a first-rounder.

Bobertchin
01-07-2008, 04:47 PM
I'm not sure his timed speed will be great, but I bet his shuttle will be. He seems to have nice awareness and good short burst. He's always around the ball. With a decent workout, I think he's 2-3rd rounder, but that's without considering the other safeties yet (meaning I haven't done my all around rankings yet).

art vandelay
01-08-2008, 02:32 PM
I am a big fan of Castille. I think he is pretty similar to Chevis Jackson, although he's probably a little slower with better instincts. I love them both in the Cover 2 or as a CB-turned S, ala Tanard Jackson last year.