PDA

View Full Version : Martellus Bennett

Gchu83
01-06-2008, 05:45 PM
Bennett just declared for the draft, supposedly he got a 1st-round grade from NFL scouts. He has all the tools to be a great TE at 6-7 250 lbs, but he wasn't all that productive at A&M IMO.

I'm a Longhorn so I could be a little biased but what do y'all think about Bennett?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5431289.html

Babylon
01-06-2008, 06:01 PM
I see a guy with a ton of talent but not a ton of effort. I would question whether he would get into the 1st regardless of what grade he got. I'll take Fred Davis and Mike Rucker before him and maybe Carlson depending on what kind of 40 time he runs. Just who are these so called experts giving projected grades anyway?

toonsterwu
01-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Well, if he's referring the NFL advisory committee, that would be GM's and personnel types.

As for Bennett, I think he's anywhere from a late 1st - early 3rd. His workout times will play a big role in narrowing that down.

The article seems to imply that the advisory committe gave him a 1st/2nd round grade.

JT Jag
01-06-2008, 06:28 PM
I see a guy with a ton of talent but not a ton of effort. I would question whether he would get into the 1st regardless of what grade he got. I'll take Fred Davis and Mike Rucker before him and maybe Carlson depending on what kind of 40 time he runs. Just who are these so called experts giving projected grades anyway?The NFL Draft Advisory Board. They're all scouts who at one point worked for teams. Now they enjoy semi-retirement, are highly paid by groups like Scouts Inc. and the three companies that organize the NFL Combine, and do stuff like this on the side.

No junior declares for the draft without going to them for a grade.

Texas Homer
01-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Ton of talent. Aggy wasted him by not going to him more often. He's really athletic. I think he's the 1st TE taken and goes in the 1st round.

big daddy russ
01-20-2008, 04:01 AM
Catches everything that comes anywhere close to him and is very underrated as a blocker. Very fluid and looks almost like he's dogging it out there, but is really giving a decent effort. It's just the way he carries himself.

I couldn't find anything on YouTube for him, but he's faster than he looks and can jump through the roof. Watch him running a route in man coverage and you'll see him just trotting around and a defender digging in to keep up. Not very agile, but he's one of the better blocking TE's in the nation.