PDA

View Full Version : Hear me out....

pantherfreak
01-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Last year, Kris Jenkins was openly on the trading block. This year, he doesn't know if he wants to come back and I assume he remains on the trading block.

In Cincinnati, Chad Johnson reportedly wants out. With the Bengals looking like they are about to give T.J. big money, this is looking like more and more of a possibility.

Now ask yourself, what is the Panthers' biggest offensive team need? What is the Bengals' biggest defensive team need? Let's trade these two Pro Bowlers for each other straight up. Besides, as you all know, Steve Smith and Chad Johnson were teammates in JC.

Steve Smith, Chad Johnson, Dwayne Jarret, Ryne Robinson, Drew Carter (I think we should re-sign him) DeAngelo Williams, Dante Rosario, Jeff King: a one-dimensional offense could become deadly overnight.

01-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Jenkins is nowhere near worth CJs value.

ShutDwn
01-07-2008, 07:24 AM
God Damnit. A bunch of people were talking about this stupid trade on another forum, I was hoping it wouldn't come here.

No, Jenkins is not going to be worth Chad Johnson.

No, Chad Johnson and Steve Smith won't work. Just because they are good receivers doesn't mean they will work well together. Johnson's game is in no way complimentary to Smith's.

I would rather have TJ.

We don't have that kind of money to throw around. Our QB situation is not good enough to be bringing in a guy like Johnson. If we had a perennial probowler who would lay down the law, I wouldn't be as opposed.

Just because they played in junior college doesn't mean they would work together here as well. I think the story goes that David Carr came to their junior college and threw some passes to them too? If so, well we already have two pieces of the puzzle.

pantherfreak
01-07-2008, 10:25 AM
God Damnit. A bunch of people were talking about this stupid trade on another forum, I was hoping it wouldn't come here.

No, Jenkins is not going to be worth Chad Johnson.

No, Chad Johnson and Steve Smith won't work. Just because they are good receivers doesn't mean they will work well together. Johnson's game is in no way complimentary to Smith's.

I would rather have TJ.

We don't have that kind of money to throw around. Our QB situation is not good enough to be bringing in a guy like Johnson. If we had a perennial probowler who would lay down the law, I wouldn't be as opposed.

Just because they played in junior college doesn't mean they would work together here as well. I think the story goes that David Carr came to their junior college and threw some passes to them too? If so, well we already have two pieces of the puzzle.

Ok...this went over well. Relax and release.