PDA

View Full Version : 08 QB Thoughts

703SKINS202
01-07-2008, 04:21 PM
So what do you guys think we should do for 08? Do you want Collins to be the starter or do you want Campbell? If Gibbs comes back as a lame duck I say you might as well just let Collins start because in all honesty he probably only has a year left. I want it to be a open camp situation and I hope they let Campbell start because he is the future and this team is getting older and probably wont be as good as we were this year. We traded up to get him and he was looking pretty good before he got injured. If he is going to be the future he needs to play as much as possible. Collins is going to be 37 so what really is the point of him being our qb? Obviously a lot of different factors are going to play in dtermining this decision in the offseason but in the end I hope we start the season with Campbell.

DiG
01-08-2008, 09:48 AM
There is NO question that it should and will be Campbell. Don't be surprised to see Saunders go out the door next year and Collins would then do the same. Campbell was making huge strides this year and with another offseason I'm pretty confident in his potential.

toddmlazarchick
01-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Saunders leaving will only hurt Campbell once again.* He showed stirdes to be great but having a new OC will hinder his growth with a new OC yet again.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-11-2008, 03:36 PM
This question is a joke right?

703SKINS202
01-11-2008, 06:06 PM
is it that farfetched? i asked it when gibbs was still coach and hello we dont go 9-7 if cambell doesnt go down

paulwall
01-12-2008, 01:24 AM
Well if we let Campbell sit on the bench this year we run the risk of stunting his growth as a Quarterback. Todd Collins is a good backup but his velocity is bad and teams now have game film on him so they would know to jump every route like the Seahawks did.

The problems Campbell has can get fixed with more playing time. It should be interesting with Gibbs gone to see if the Skins start throwing the ball more and start running the ball without a fullback or 2 tight ends.