PDA

View Full Version : Try to Truck Stick this Quick Mock.

TACKLE
01-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Here's a quick mock. I left out all junior O-Lineman who haven't declared. Please constructive criticism supported with detail or suggestions. Enjoy.

1. Miami Dolphins - Chris Long
2. St.Louis Rams - Vernon Gholston
3. Oakland Raiders - Glenn Dorsey
4. Kansas City Chiefs - Jake Long
5. Atlanta Falcons - Matt Ryan
6. New York Jets - Darren McFadden
7. New England Patriots - James Laurenitas
8. Baltimore Ravens - Malcolm Jenkins
9. Cincinnati Bengals - Sedrick Ellis
10. New Orleans Saints - Kenny Phillips
11. Buffalo Bills - Mike Jenkins
12. Denver Broncos - Ryan Clady
13. Carolina Panthers - Kentwan Balmer
14. Chicago Bears - Andre Woodson
15. Detroit Lions - Jeff Otah
16. Arizona Cardianls - Jonathan Stewart
17. Minnesota Vikings - DeSean Jackson
18. Houston Texans - Keith Rivers
19. Philadelphia Eagles - Malcolm Kelly
20. Tampa Bay Buccanears - Brian Brohm
21. Washington Redskins - Calais Campbell
22. Dallas Cowboys - Antoine Cason
23. Pittsburg Steelers - Anthony Collins
24. Seattle Seahwks - Rashard Mendenhall
25. Tennessee Titans - Adarius Bowman
26. New York Giants - Nic Harris
27. San Diego Chargers - Chris Williams
28. Jacksonville Jaguars - Derrick Harvey
29. Green Bay Packers - Sam Baker
30. San Francisco 49ers - Chris Johnson
31.Dallas Cowboys - Jamaal Charles

BeerBaron
01-07-2008, 05:11 PM
while i stand firm that OT is the bears biggest need, woodson is the QB id most like them to go with if thats where they have to go. good enough pick IMO

d34ng3l021
01-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Why would we take Matt Ryan over Darren McFadden?

Babylon
01-07-2008, 05:24 PM
I would substitute Dan Connor with Keith Rivers for this mock and Mckelvin to the Redskins over Calais Campbell after the atrocius performance by Shawn Springs against Seattle.

hugegmenfan
01-07-2008, 05:36 PM
i like the giants pick

TACKLE
01-07-2008, 05:42 PM

I had McFadden there for a while. He is the BPA and would give Atlantaa new dimension. The reason I gave them Ryan is because if the Amazing depth at RB in the draft. If they wanted a quality RB there will be several for them in the 2nd round. There might not be a quality QB availble in the second and a new QB is by far there biggest need.

RaiderNation
01-07-2008, 05:43 PM
nice raider pick

Yung Flippa
01-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Good Ravens pick; Rashard Mendenhall is a better pick for the Texans because of the need problems.

TACKLE
01-07-2008, 05:47 PM
I would substitute Dan Connor with Keith Rivers for this mock and Mckelvin to the Redskins over Calais Campbell after the atrocius performance by Shawn Springs against Seattle.

Shawn Springs did look awful but Smoot didn't look as bad. Remember, they still have Carlos Rogers who they picked with the 9th overall pick. When he comes back from injury him and Smoot will be the starting CB's. There is good depth in this draft and they could get a good CB in the 2nd or 3rd. I think Calais is too good to pass up here. OT is also an option but Otah and Clady are gone.

Caddy
01-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Solid Buc pick. Come draft time I could definitely see Brohm in a Bucs uniform.

TACKLE
01-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Good Ravens pick; Rashard Mendenhall is a better pick for the Texans because of the need problems.

I really like Mendenhall and think he would be a good fit in the ZBS but I'm not sold on the Texans taking an RB. They have invested quite a bit of money in Ahman Green (which wasn't a very good move) and Dayne and Walker haven't been playing bad. Kubiak is from Denver where they believe anybody can be successful in there offense. I personally think they should take Mendenhall but I don't think they will.

Babylon
01-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Solid Buc pick. Come draft time I could definitely see Brohm in a Bucs uniform.

I think at 20 that becomes a great pick, maybe have to trade up a bit to be sure of getting a signal caller. Jeff Garcia is on his last legs. I think the way the game is played a good QB is more important than ever.

JT Jag
01-07-2008, 05:56 PM
I had McFadden there for a while. He is the BPA and would give Atlantaa new dimension. The reason I gave them Ryan is because if the Amazing depth at RB in the draft. If they wanted a quality RB there will be several for them in the 2nd round. There might not be a quality QB availble in the second and a new QB is by far there biggest need.Ah, but is Matt Ryan even worth that pick?

He has intangibles... and what?

How good is his upside, really?

BeerBaron
01-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Ah, but is Matt Ryan even worth that pick?

He has intangibles... and what?

How good is his upside, really?

i guran-f***ing-tee its a better upside that what joey harrington, chris redman and byron leftwich now have...

Jensen
01-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Give the Cardinals Cason or Campbell there, they fill a bigger need.

JT Jag
01-07-2008, 06:03 PM
i guran-f***ing-tee its a better upside that what joey harrington, chris redman and byron leftwich now have...Is it worth 35 million dollars to just get an upgrade over those three?

Even if he isn't a big upgrade?

Even if he doesn't stay around for 5 years?

Bills2083
01-07-2008, 06:09 PM
OK pick for Buffalo.
I wouldn't mind Malcolm Kelly, or Rivers there.

princefielder28
01-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Please give GB Talib

jdb1972
01-07-2008, 06:15 PM
Balmer's an interesting pick for the Panthers. (And the first time I've seen his name associated with the team: points for original thinking instead of penciling in a random player.) I think #13 is for him, but a DT at that spot given the picks before him makes sense.

foozball
01-07-2008, 06:29 PM
bad texans pick. with the amount of juniors declaring, some LB like tavares gooden will fall to the 3rd. we'd take collins, otah, or mendenhall before a LB in the 1st

TACKLE
01-07-2008, 06:29 PM
OK pick for Buffalo.
I wouldn't mind Malcolm Kelly, or Rivers there.

Both were considered but I don't think either have very good value at #11. I don't see them taking #2 WR that high and I still think it's a bit high for Rivers. If they want to do better in the NFC East, they're going to need to get someone who can cover New England's recievers.

go_ravens94
01-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Good Ravens pick.

badgerbacker
01-07-2008, 08:45 PM
I don't like the Sam Baker pick for the Packers. Yeah, we could use some OT youth and depth, but we typically find good offensive linemen later in the draft. Like someone else mentioned, I'd take a corner like Talib.

MasterShake
01-07-2008, 09:01 PM
1st round RB for the Niners? We need a back-up...but thst just plain dumb with all our needs.

Beans
01-07-2008, 09:36 PM
for whatever reason, ive never been big on brohm to tampa. maybe its because i like brennan so much.

Caddy
01-07-2008, 09:54 PM
I think at 20 that becomes a great pick, maybe have to trade up a bit to be sure of getting a signal caller. Jeff Garcia is on his last legs. I think the way the game is played a good QB is more important than ever.

I'm fine with the Buc's taking a QB, but not at the expense of losing other draft picks via trade. The Buc's have to many needs to be able to afford to trade picks.

TACKLE
01-08-2008, 12:40 AM
1st round RB for the Niners? We need a back-up...but thst just plain dumb with all our needs.

What the 49ers need is a playmaker on offense. Chris Johnson runs a 4.2 and can be used all over the place like a Reggie Bush type. He's got great hands and there were talks about him playing WR but he had a great year at RB. He is a great KR/PR. Johnson can be a change of pace back who can come in on 3rd down. He is just a blazing fast playmaker for their offense which is desperately needing one.

Geo
01-08-2008, 01:14 AM
The Forty-Niners need a heck of a lot more than a change of pace back.

thebow305
01-08-2008, 01:19 AM
ok phins pick... rather have gholston there though.

Mr. Myogi
01-08-2008, 09:05 AM
The Falcons will not pass on a "Franchise RB". Simply because a good RB combo can take the pressure off the QB. Which is not our biggest need.

*****We just need to get rid of Harrington.*******

I will take my chances with Mcfadden/Norwood combo and Redman, Leftwich or Shockley at QB.

*****FYI*****Our biggest need is NT and OLine if you do your mock for 2nd through 7th rounds.

DiG
01-08-2008, 09:43 AM
id rather have chris williams over calais.

rockio42
01-08-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm not a big fan of brohm, espicially for the Bucs, I've always been a huge bucs fan and would rather see defense there

energizerbunny
01-08-2008, 06:16 PM

because you really,really need a QB?

Blatz
01-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Give the Cardinals Cason or Campbell there, they fill a bigger need.

They may fill a bigger need, but it would be hard for me to turn down Stewart.

Also, I don't see the Falcons passing up McFadden if he drops to 4.

d34ng3l021
01-08-2008, 09:44 PM
I had McFadden there for a while. He is the BPA and would give Atlantaa new dimension. The reason I gave them Ryan is because if the Amazing depth at RB in the draft. If they wanted a quality RB there will be several for them in the 2nd round. There might not be a quality QB availble in the second and a new QB is by far there biggest need.

There is no quality available in this draft. The only guys I like are Brohm (mid 1st round) and Flacco (2nd). I dont think anyone else is worth it.

I would rather be stuck with Redman for another year (he wasnt horrible at the end of this season) than get Ryan, have him bust, and have our team setback for 5 years.

Vikes99ej
01-09-2008, 12:58 AM
Expected, but acceptable, Vikings pick.

BaLLiN
01-09-2008, 09:29 AM
nic harris is coming out?

iloxygenil
01-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Ryan over McFadden for ATL...I must say I'm entirely sick of this stuff...QBs don't solve everything...