PDA

View Full Version : Erik Ainge

BrabbitMcRabbit
01-07-2008, 06:41 PM
He's 6'6" with 31 TDs and 3500+ yards this season in the SEC. Any chance he ends up being a better pro QB than Woodson/Ryan/Brohm? Seems like a good sleeper given his experience and production.

eliteeagle
01-07-2008, 06:52 PM
in his blog a couple of months ago Scott compared him to Derek Anderson so if turns out like DA (who has turned out to be better then the three first rounds QBs that year Campbell/Smith/Rodgers) he could be a sleeper

the key is that he ends up in the right systems with good complementary talent/coaching around him

Cashmoney
01-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Theres other ainge threads

Matthew Jones
01-07-2008, 07:05 PM
He only got sacked three times all season, so things were made a bit easier for him, and he was extremely inconsistent throughout his college career. I don't think he's better than Ryan/Brohm, but he could potentially be better than Woodson because Woodson has a bit of risk associated with him.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
01-07-2008, 07:08 PM
not sure how strong his arm is, but he looks like Carson Palmer

Cashmoney
01-07-2008, 07:15 PM
He only got sacked three times all season, so things were made a bit easier for him, and he was extremely inconsistent throughout his college career. I don't think he's better than Ryan/Brohm, but he could potentially be better than Woodson because Woodson has a bit of risk associated with him.

You cant attribute him being sacked only 4 times all season solely to the o-line. He gets the ball out quickly and makes his reads fast. The only reason people say he was inconsistent was his sophmore year which cant all be blamed on him.

Thunder&Lightning
01-08-2008, 03:46 PM
You cant attribute him being sacked only 4 times all season solely to the o-line. He gets the ball out quickly and makes his reads fast. The only reason people say he was inconsistent was his sophmore year which cant all be blamed on him.

make good points about both his oline is nasty but also you cant judge a qb inconsistency on his sopp. year

Billingsley26
01-08-2008, 03:53 PM
I like him. Personally I think he has the size, arm strength, and accuracy to be a pretty good nfl qb. I think he will be the best QB of this class. What I like with Ainge is that he played in the SEC (boy, that never gets old eh), put up great numbers, lead his team to the SEC finals and was coached by David Cutcliffe. I think with Ainge, he has the least risk of all QB's, and he is somewhat near ready. You know what you are getting with him.

JT Jag
01-08-2008, 04:47 PM
I'm surprised that Ainge isn't in "the conversation" about who is the best QB in this class, because I really like him as a prospect.

I really wouldn't mind if the Jaguars drafted him in the second or third round. Let Garrard lead the team for a couple-three more years, and then give the helm to Ainge.

Billingsley26
01-08-2008, 05:06 PM
I'm surprised that Ainge isn't in "the conversation" about who is the best QB in this class, because I really like him as a prospect.

I really wouldn't mind if the Jaguars drafted him in the second or third round. Let Garrard lead the team for a couple-three more years, and then give the helm to Ainge.

Exactly the way I feel about Ainge.

PACKmanN
01-08-2008, 05:30 PM
in his blog a couple of months ago Scott compared him to Derek Anderson so if turns out like DA (who has turned out to be better then the three first rounds QBs that year Campbell/Smith/Rodgers) he could be a sleeper

the key is that he ends up in the right systems with good complementary talent/coaching around him

How can you say he has become better then Rodgers? Rodgers played a great game vs the Cowboys.

Cashmoney
01-08-2008, 05:53 PM
How can you say he has become better then Rodgers? Rodgers played a great game vs the Cowboys.

I really hope youre joking.

eliteeagle
01-08-2008, 06:01 PM

........because its true?

energizerbunny
01-08-2008, 06:03 PM
He played great this season, he has been a 3.5+ year starter in a tough conference. He shows alot of potential, I think he arm gets kind of underated because he didn't get alot of oppurtunity to stretch vertical this season. I'd like to see him drafted in 2nd or 3rd and developed for a couple of years, he could EASILY turn out the best of all these QBs, he has all the raw skills.

PACKmanN
01-08-2008, 06:06 PM
........because its true?

how is it true when Rodgers hasn't played a season of football? how can you make that judgment....

PACKmanN
01-08-2008, 06:07 PM
I really hope youre joking.

I'm using that game as an example as how good Rodgers can become. I'm just wondering how he can say Anderson is better then Rodgers when Rodgers hasn't been given the chance to play a full season in the NFL.

eliteeagle
01-08-2008, 06:17 PM
how is it true when Rodgers hasn't played a season of football? how can you make that judgment....

even though this is getting completely off the thread topic....

Rodgers has proved absolutely nothing whereas DA will probably end up getting an invite to the probowl (as long as one of the current guys drop out)

its not really even a debate......

volman88
01-08-2008, 10:45 PM

He was not only inconsistent his sophomore year. Actually he was very consistent then. Terrible. All through out his career he has an amazing game then next week he blows the game with his poor decision making. I am personally glad to see him leave, but I dont think crompton could be much better. I think that he could be a very good pro qb, but he needs to sit for like at least 2 seasons.

gangGREENinsider
01-08-2008, 10:52 PM
He's 6'6" with 31 TDs and 3500+ yards this season in the SEC. Any chance he ends up being a better pro QB than Woodson/Ryan/Brohm? Seems like a good sleeper given his experience and production.

Indeed, Ainge's best attribute is his coachability. He really did struggle with consistency SO. year but then again, it's tough platooning with another guy- especially a senior leader. But he took some huge strides under Cutcliffe...

Great size, mediocre arm but enough to make most of the throws out there. Accurate passer who will take what the defense gives him- maybe to a fault- but at the same time will sometimes lock on to WRs. It's also strange how he throws very well on designed rollouts but when he's not out of the pocket by design, he struggles.

ONUV
01-09-2008, 01:13 AM
he has a strong arm and great size. he doesn't like to get hit and will throw the ball away to avoid getting hit. he's not a real competitive person. usually when the game gets really tense or the team gets behind, he folds. if a team is looking for a QB to play right away, Ainge isn't your guy. i think he needs to a year or two to beef up some more and get acquainted with the nfl.

Cashmoney
01-09-2008, 01:29 AM
He was not only inconsistent his sophomore year. Actually he was very consistent then. Terrible. All through out his career he has an amazing game then next week he blows the game with his poor decision making. I am personally glad to see him leave, but I dont think crompton could be much better. I think that he could be a very good pro qb, but he needs to sit for like at least 2 seasons.

I see where you're coming from, but it's really hard to have great consistency when you dont have go-to targets, like during his sophmore and senior years. He and the team would've been a lot better off if Robert Meachum had stayed for his senior year, and Brad Cottam had been healthy.