PDA

View Full Version : Chris "Beanie" Wells NFL Future?

Thunder&Lightning
01-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Im watching Chris Wells in the national championship game and iv seen him have a 60 yd run and a 10 yd run that he tossed an all american corner with a stiff arm. He looks like a beast...future 1st rounder???

Reminds me kind of of Clarrett and Eddie George

Travis 24
01-07-2008, 08:32 PM
I think he's a lot faster/quicker than those 2..

yo123
01-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Hes a future high first rounder, he has all of the physical tools and still has at least one more year of college. And hes not even close to Clarett, Chris Wells can actually run a 40 in under 4.8

regoob2
01-07-2008, 08:46 PM
He's a top 10 if his stock stays the same. Sky's the limit for this kid.

nhlkdog411
01-07-2008, 08:56 PM
kid is an absolute ANIMAL

Sniper
01-07-2008, 09:07 PM
He's unbelievable...Power, speed, vision, awareness. Amazing. Comes up big in big games too

Bills2083
01-07-2008, 09:12 PM
I have the PARADE from a few years ago, that mentioned him, when he was coming out of HS. I'll see if I can find it.

GET LOOSE
01-07-2008, 09:13 PM
yea i really like wells. he has a good mix of speed and strength and will be a top 10-15 pick next year if he leaves

etk
01-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Is this the first time you guys have seen Wells? LOL. I guess now's the time to jump on the bandwagon because he's a monster, as is Brandon Saine. When it's all said and done Saine might be the better prospect too because of his receiving abilities.

Sniper
01-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Is this the first time you guys have seen Wells? LOL. I guess now's the time to jump on the bandwagon because he's a monster, as is Brandon Saine. When it's all said and done Saine might be the better prospect too because of his receiving abilities.

Pffffffft it's only his second thread on NFLDC...You just wait another year for some of these threads...

Beanie Wells...top 5 pick?
Where do you expect Beanie Wells to be picked?
Beanie Wells weaknesses?
Did Beanie Wells take a dump today?
OMG I REALLY WANT (INSERT TEAM HERE) TO DRAFT BEANIE WELLS!

Like most good players get...

Bills2083
01-07-2008, 09:20 PM
http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/CHRISWELLS6_27C150.JPG Top Running Back

Chris Wells of Akron, ohio, can run over a defender or accelerate outside and go the distance on any play, says his coach, Bob Sax of Garfield High. "When you're 6 feet 2, 230 pounds, and can run like a sprinter," Sax adds, "the sky's the limit." Wells rushed 223 times for 2,134 yards and 27 touchdowns in 10 games this season. In his high school career, he carried 598 times for 5,232 yards and 61 TDs; he also caught 37 passes for 408 yards and three scores. Last summer, Wells tutored kids through the Butch Reynolds Foundation. He heads to lucky Ohio State this fall.

__________________________________________________ __________________

It seems like a pretty fair assessment.

Sniper
01-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Chris Wells looks like he's about 35-40 years old, much like Mr. Oden, also of Ohio State. Might be time to produce a birth certificate there Buckeyes.

P-L
01-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Kid would be the second RB off the board if he could declare this year. I personally like him more than McFadden, and I'm a Michigan fan. Future top 3-5 pick in 2009.

Sniper
01-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Kid would be the second RB off the board if he could declare this year. I personally like him more than McFadden, and I'm a Michigan fan. Future top 3-5 pick in 2009.

What the wise man said...

Primetime21
01-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Pffffffft it's only his second thread on NFLDC...You just wait another year for some of these threads...

Beanie Wells...top 5 pick?
Where do you expect Beanie Wells to be picked?
Beanie Wells weaknesses?
Did Beanie Wells take a dump today?
OMG I REALLY WANT (INSERT TEAM HERE) TO DRAFT BEANIE WELLS!

Like most good players get...

JordyZZ NelsonZZZZ isnt even respected enough to get those type of questions. If he is not worthy none shall be.

GET LOOSE
01-07-2008, 09:25 PM
yea oden lebron and wells all look way older than they are. i dont know wuts wrong wit ohio

Sniper
01-07-2008, 09:26 PM
JordyZZ NelsonZZZZ isnt even respected enough to get those type of questions. If he is not worthy none shall be.

I apologize. I will attempt to never insult the great and wise Jordy Nelson in such a manner again.

Flyboy
01-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Chris Wells looks like he's about 35-40 years old, much like Mr. Oden, also of Ohio State. Might be time to produce a birth certificate there Buckeyes.

Ehhh, not really.

Sniper
01-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Ehhh, not really.

I thought so. Oh well.

hitstreak13
01-07-2008, 10:06 PM
I think Wells comes out next year and goes in round 1 without a doubt. He aint no Adrian Peterson, but the guy can run. A much better back and antonio pittman was.

etk
01-07-2008, 10:40 PM

I'd have to do quite the thorough investigation to pick my favorite back if he was eligible: really tough call between him and Jonathan Stewart.

Paranoidmoonduck
01-07-2008, 11:14 PM
He should enter the 2008 college football season as the #1 or #2 runningback in the nation. What he does after that will decide where he goes.

jbeans187
01-07-2008, 11:16 PM

Tedd Ginn Sr. said Saine is more explosive than Ginn. Im interested in seeing him next year now that he has a year of ball under his belt

Hines
01-07-2008, 11:21 PM
I think he could be the number 1 pick next year if he declares. He is that damn good.

01-07-2008, 11:24 PM
I think he could be the number 1 pick next year if he declares. He is that damn good.

RBs going first overall is rare and not always the greatest idea. Tebow all the way!

BroadwayJoe10
01-07-2008, 11:37 PM
RBs going first overall is rare and not always the greatest idea. Tebow all the way!

Even more rare would be a QB going first overall who can't run an NFL style offense.. Just kidding, dont wanna start that argument again, but i do think he'll stay for all four years unless he makes huge leaps and bounds this offseason and next season, becuase next year will be a weak QB class.

Sportsfan486
01-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Kid is an absolute beast, as has been mentioned. If he lives up to the standards he set this year NEXT year, he's a lock for top 5. Barring injury/gaining 30 pounds of fat/etc he's already probably a top 15 lock for next year and if he COULD declare this year he wouldn't fall past 20.

He's a prototypical back. Ideal size, powerful, fast, tough, durable.

hitstreak13
01-08-2008, 12:24 AM
Kid is an absolute beast, as has been mentioned. If he lives up to the standards he set this year NEXT year, he's a lock for top 5. Barring injury/gaining 30 pounds of fat/etc he's already probably a top 15 lock for next year and if he COULD declare this year he wouldn't fall past 20.

He's a prototypical back. Ideal size, powerful, fast, tough, durable.

Well said. The guy will def. be the number 1 back taken next year regardless of who stays and goes. I know i may be reaching a bit, but he averaged 7.3 ypc against a solid D in LSU

DukeDaGod
01-08-2008, 12:52 AM
Future Top 5 pick. Reminds me of Jamal Lewis

Cashmoney
01-08-2008, 01:10 AM
Future Top 5 pick. Reminds me of Jamal Lewis

That stiff-arm reminded me more of travis henry.

steelcrew43
01-08-2008, 08:48 AM
best back in college football hands down....besides mcfadden

etk
01-08-2008, 09:10 AM

Tebow should be a 3rd rounder...as a FB.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-08-2008, 09:59 AM
He looks like a real player. Probably a top 5 player. Don't like him as much as McFadden though.

keylime_5
01-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Beanie is basically Adrian Peterson with a lot more power and a little less speed. Love that kid, from Akron too just like my family.

nhlkdog411
01-08-2008, 10:04 AM
Tebow should be a 3rd rounder...as a FB.

umm...seriously?

scar988
01-08-2008, 10:07 AM
in Wells I see Eric Dickerson. a power runner with enough speed to make a defense look stupid.

etk
01-08-2008, 10:51 AM
umm...seriously?

Yes, seriously. His NFL impact will be like Vince Young's at QB, except Tebow isn't as fast so won't be as effective at scrambling, and he's less accurate with worse arm strength. He's not even half the prospect Alex Smith was, and Smith has been a complete bust so far. Look past the stats and accolades and Tebow doesn't offer much as a prospect, unless he becomes the next Alstott.

keylime_5
01-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Stop ruining this beautiful Beanie Wells thread with Tebow garbage :).

Solomon
01-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Wells certainly looks the part and has lived up to his vast hype coming out of HS. He has terrific size, power and vision with good game speed as well. I don't see him running a great 40 but 40 times are overrated anyway, top 5 pick next year and my favourite contender for the Heisman.

On a side note I think the top twelve underclassmen prospects available for next year's draft are Percy Harvin (more rushing and receiving yards per game than Reggie Bush had as a sophomore), Wells, Tebow, Sam Bradford, Michael Crabtree, Andre Smith, Demarcus Granger (if he gets his act in order), Brandon Graham, Greg Hardy, Ricky Sapp, Perrish Cox, and Taylor Mays.

d34ng3l021
01-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Somewhere I heard that Moreno was a redshirted freshman. Is that true?

But, in all honestly, I like Wells more than McFadden. McFadden has the ridiculous speed, but what I really like about Wells is his vision and ability to gain 2-3 yards after contact. That is really impressive to me. Plus he is extremely agile for a guy his size. He WILL be a star when he comes to the NFL (barring injury and such).

The OUTLAW
01-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Tedd Ginn Sr. said Saine is more explosive than Ginn. Im interested in seeing him next year now that he has a year of ball under his belt

Early in the season Saine was obviously better than Wells. He's got incredible speed and explosion. Unfortunately he got injured and hasn't really appeared 100% since then. That coupled with Wells playing better as the season went on. But yeah, Wells is easily a first half of the first round kind of player.

Solomon
01-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Somewhere I heard that Moreno was a redshirted freshman. Is that true?

But, in all honestly, I like Wells more than McFadden. McFadden has the ridiculous speed, but what I really like about Wells is his vision and ability to gain 2-3 yards after contact. That is really impressive to me. Plus he is extremely agile for a guy his size. He WILL be a star when he comes to the NFL (barring injury and such).

Yeah, Moreno and LeSean McCoy are both redshirt frosh and could come out next year. Moreno is actually older than Darren McFadden.

nhlkdog411
01-08-2008, 12:49 PM
tebow has a weaker less accurate arm than vince young???Tebow is a better passer as a sophomore than young is NOW..young is faster though, you're right about that

etk
01-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Yeah, Moreno and LeSean McCoy are both redshirt frosh and could come out next year. Moreno is actually older than Darren McFadden.

Moreno is a redshirt freshman. McCoy was recruited in 06 but went to prep school so he will be a true sophomore next year, meaning he couldn't declare. Same thing with Graig Cooper.

tebow has a weaker less accurate arm than vince young???Tebow is a better passer as a sophomore than young is NOW..young is faster though, you're right about that

He looks great lobbing passes to receivers with 15 yards between them and a defender. He looked horrible against good defenses that got pressure on him and forced him to actually make reads. The Meyer offense does all the work for him, and he doesn't have the passing tools to make it at the next level like Brennan, Lefevour or other system QBs.

The Dude Abides
01-08-2008, 01:15 PM
Beanie Wells makes NFL coaches happy in pants

Texas Homer
01-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Chris Wells would look really good in a Houston Texans uniform.

Chris Wells will be the premiere RB in college football next year and will be a top ten pick in the draft.

Vikes99ej
01-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Certainly my favorite RB next year, with everyone and their uncle leaving this year. Size and speed.

energizerbunny
01-08-2008, 02:56 PM
what a great example of what playing a great game on a big stage will do for you.

Beanie has been doing this all season!

I don't have a comparison yet for him... he is truely unique.... big, strong, fast guy with great vision who finishes runs and runs really low..... has the lower body strength to move piles and the burst to hit the hole with authority.

Leon Sandcastle
01-08-2008, 03:37 PM
I've seen him around campus too. Nice kid. I punched his chest to show him some love and my hand almost broke. No **** but he's pretty built.

Sniper
01-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Moreno is a redshirt freshman. McCoy was recruited in 06 but went to prep school so he will be a true sophomore next year, meaning he couldn't declare. Same thing with Graig Cooper.

You're wrong about McCoy. It's three years out of high school, not three years in college. See Fitzgerald, Larry.

etk
01-08-2008, 04:51 PM
You're wrong about McCoy. It's three years out of high school, not three years in college. See Fitzgerald, Larry.

That's news to me. I knew it always had to do with 3 years removed from HS but I figured prep school didn't count towards that.

BamaFalcon59
01-08-2008, 05:54 PM
I see Jamal Lewis.

But with the best stiff arm highlight of all time.

d34ng3l021
01-08-2008, 05:57 PM
He is alot shiftier than Lewis. Maybe even more top end speed.

Robo
01-08-2008, 09:23 PM

That was said about Ray Small, who Ginn Sr. coached at the Ohio State Factory in Glenville.