PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Needs for 2008 Draft

JoeSixPac
01-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Heres what I think the needs are for the Steelers this year

O-Line-any position, preferably OT
Anyone who watched the playoffs game noticed that the steelers got owned on the line and got ben sacked a lot and forced him into a lot of picks. depth and starters are needed here.

After the oline its basically a toss up between the rest of our needs

DE, preferably one that fits into the 4-3 Tampa2
Woodley is OK but we need somone else that can get after the QB

CB
we wanted derrell revis last year and missed out. we need youth here and this year might be a chance to address it

LB
Timmons is the only young player we have really that can start in the near future. if were gonna switch to a Tampa2 we need a solid MLB

WR
Santonio Holmes isn't a true #1 so we need someone there that can be a complete WR

RB
Willie had a lot of miles this year and we need someone to spell him that can be more effective than davenport.

basically what i think we should do is because we have so many relative needs we should select the best defensive/o-line player on the board when we get called up with a preference to o-line in the first.

mikehop05
01-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Heres what I think the needs are for the Steelers this year

O-Line-any position, preferably OT
Anyone who watched the playoffs game noticed that the steelers got owned on the line and got ben sacked a lot and forced him into a lot of picks. depth and starters are needed here.

After the oline its basically a toss up between the rest of our needs

DE, preferably one that fits into the 4-3 Tampa2
Woodley is OK but we need somone else that can get after the QB

CB
we wanted derrell revis last year and missed out. we need youth here and this year might be a chance to address it

LB
Timmons is the only young player we have really that can start in the near future. if were gonna switch to a Tampa2 we need a solid MLB

WR
Santonio Holmes isn't a true #1 so we need someone there that can be a complete WR

RB
Willie had a lot of miles this year and we need someone to spell him that can be more effective than davenport.

basically what i think we should do is because we have so many relative needs we should select the best defensive/o-line player on the board when we get called up with a preference to o-line in the first.

not to sound like a dick but we got a whole thread just for this sorta thing..

but while im here we are most likely not switching to a tampa2

but i agree we should go BPA

JoeSixPac
01-08-2008, 08:48 PM
not to sound like a dick but we got a whole thread just for this sorta thing..

but while im here we are most likely not switching to a tampa2

but i agree we should go BPA

sorry im new to this site, i've had an account for a while but i've never visited often.

mikehop05
01-08-2008, 08:55 PM
nah its cool but you can see what a lot of us think in the other thread

DeathbyStat
01-09-2008, 11:11 AM
In no particullar order

Offensive Line

Wide Reciever

Short Yardage Back

Corner Back

Pash Rusher

Saftey Depth