PDA

View Full Version : 4 year starters?

etk
01-08-2008, 10:50 PM
What players on your team, or that you know of, have started all 4 years in college? The super-experienced guys that were on another level from Day One. I became interested in this topic because the Texas-Michigan Rose Bowl was on ESPN Classic, and Henne, Hart and Long were all starting as freshmen.

adschofield
01-08-2008, 10:57 PM
Cesar Rodriguez, RT, Kansas was a four starter after redshirting his first year

etk
01-09-2008, 08:58 AM
Cesar Rodriguez, RT, Kansas was a four starter after redshirting his first year

He would be playing LT too if it wasn't for Anthony Collins. I kinda meant 4 year starter at a real school, not Kansas...jk.

Scotty D
01-09-2008, 09:23 AM
What players on your team, or that you know of, have started all 4 years in college? The super-experienced guys that were on another level from Day One. I became interested in this topic because the Texas-Michigan Rose Bowl was on ESPN Classic, and Henne, Hart and Long were all starting as freshmen.

That was one of the better games I've ever seen, even though Michigan lost. After that game I knew Vince Young was going to do some pretty big things.

Solomon
01-09-2008, 09:26 AM
The guys I know about:

Roy Schuening, Oregon State (after redshirting)

Adam Spieker, Missouri (after redshirting)

Martin Rucker, Missouri (after redshirting)

John Sullivan, Notre Dame (technically started for four years)

Gosder Cherilus, Boston College (after redshirting)

Barry Richardson, Clemson

Sam Baker, USC (after redshirting)

Lawrence Jackson, USC (after redshirting)

Tommy Blake, TCU (after redshirting)

Red Bryant, Texas A&M (after redshirting)

Keilen Dykes, WVU (after redshirting)

Dan Connor, PSU

Vince Hall, VT (after redshirting)

J Leman, Illinois, started the last few games of his freshman campaign (after redshirting)

Antoine Cason, Arizona

Jonathan Hefney, Tennessee

Marcus Monk, Arkansas, has been starting since his freshman year but he's missed much of the last two years due to injuries.

JT Jag
01-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Erik Ainge has started portions of his entire four years.

underscore
01-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Dan Connor started 4 games as a true freshman, and played in all but one, and was 2nd on the team in tackles his FR year

Jonny
01-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Ron Girault, Jeremy Ito. Zuttah started 3 1/2 years, was the spot starting OL for his true freshman year.

Girault is a very heady player but has serious physical limitations at the next level.

jballa838
01-09-2008, 06:15 PM
OMGzzz Jordyzzz Nelsonzzz is better then all these chumps.
But if i am not mistaken, was Erik Ainge one?