PDA

View Full Version : Late Round Steals Thread (Any position)

toddmlazarchick
01-09-2008, 09:27 PM
who is gonna be a sleeper or steal in the mid to late rounds??

Don Vito
01-09-2008, 09:31 PM
BC's JoLonn Dunbar, he is a playmaker and a leader. He is big and athletic (former RB) who will not blaze in the 40 but can certainly move. He has played every spot in ther 4-3 and I like him as a MLB or possibly SLB.

foozball
01-09-2008, 09:38 PM
alvin bowen...needs to gain 10-15lbs but he's a tackling machine

jballa838
01-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Shane Simmons. ILB. Western Washington.
Ran a 4.5 in H.S. and lead the NCAA DII in Tackles per game for a while. He should run a low 4.5 and is 6-1 230.

Grave Digger
01-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Nebraska OLB Bo Ruud. If he's half as good as his brother Barrett he'll be a pretty solid LB.

BuckNaked
01-09-2008, 09:56 PM
Nebraska OLB Bo Ruud. If he's half as good as his brother Barrett he'll be a pretty solid LB.

What great reasoning, I guess that would make Cooper Manning a great NFL player.

Back onto the topic, not meaning to be a homer, but Wesley Woodyard is just a complete animal and would be a steal for any team that takes him in rounds 4-5.

Caddy
01-09-2008, 10:06 PM

Bo Ruud is nowhere near as good as his brother and he will be lucky to be drafted at this stage. Special Teams are probably going to be his best shot at the NFL.

gsoturf
01-09-2008, 10:22 PM
What great reasoning, I guess that would make Cooper Manning a great NFL player.

Back onto the topic, not meaning to be a homer, but Wesley Woodyard is just a complete animal and would be a steal for any team that takes him in rounds 4-5.

Cooper Manning would have been an NFL prospect if it were not for a medical condition...

soybean
01-09-2008, 10:30 PM
spencer larsen?

diabsoule
01-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Wesley Woodyard and Spenser Larsen. Although I see Woodyard as more of a SS, Larsen is going to be a beast, although he does remind of Spencer Havner of UCLA from the 2006 draft.

If Larsen makes it he'll have to move inside.

GET LOOSE
01-09-2008, 10:42 PM
i really like Tavares Gooden. has great speed and is always around the ball. hope the jets get him if they dont pick up Gholston. And ofcourse is from the U. the school were LBs are born

draftguru151
01-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Robert James and Stanford Keglar are two guys who should go later that I think can do well.

soybean
01-09-2008, 10:43 PM
robert james from ASU is another name to remember.

01-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Jordon Dizon, if the guy was a bit bigger he would be a first day lock. For the most part hes been very productive and he has the great work ethic and leadership skills needed to excel in any role given to him at the next level.

stretch14
01-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Tavares Gooden agreed. He will be a beast. he reminds me alot of Beason and look what he did this year.

Blatz
01-09-2008, 11:15 PM
Tavares Gooden agreed. He will be a beast. he reminds me alot of Beason and look what he did this year.

I agree with Gooden, but I think with some good workouts he may not make it to the later rounds (5-7) and could shoot up as high as the second round.

genom
01-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Ezra Butler and Spencer Larsen.

soybean
01-09-2008, 11:28 PM
another pac-10 guy is a christian taylor from UCLA.

Giantsfan1080
01-09-2008, 11:32 PM
Leman from Illinois by far will be the best 2nd day LB taken. He lacks speed but he has everything you look for in a LB.

nhlkdog411
01-09-2008, 11:33 PM

umm Cooper Manning was an extremely heavily recruited wide receiver who had to quit football due to a degenerative spinal condition..he would almost certainly be in the NFL if not for it, SI even had an article on how good he really was a couple of years back...

diabsoule
01-09-2008, 11:56 PM

I don't think Gooden will fall until the late rounds.

Bobo
01-10-2008, 01:26 AM
Woodyard from KY could be a good Will.

Gatewood from Vandy could maybe be 34 olb or 43 olb. Played de and olb in college.

Woody56
01-10-2008, 02:03 AM
Spencer Larsen

Lionsfan93
01-10-2008, 02:07 AM
5 that come to mind are

Robert Killebrew Texas
Red Keith Central Michigan
Jordon Dizon Colorado
Marcus Richardson Troy
Daniel Brooks Jackson State

Matthew Jones
01-10-2008, 07:13 AM
If Ezra Butler falls to the second day, he'll probably be a steal. I like Jordon Dizon. Curtis Gatewood from Vanderbilt is the prototypical 3-4 OLB based on measurables alone and is fairly productive.

Sniper
01-10-2008, 07:46 AM

QFT. Wesley Woodyard is a man beast, and when I had a dynasty with UK in NCAA '07, him and Andre Woodson carried my squad. He's small, but quick.

gangGREENinsider
01-10-2008, 08:50 AM
You guys mentioned all of my favorites. Suffice it to say, if you're z Cover 2 team looking for LBs, you can wait until the mid-rounds and get a guy that can come in and contribute immediately.

simmy1989
01-10-2008, 09:03 AM
Don't sleep on J Leman from Illinois, he a very hard worker and he's one of the best tacklers I have ever seen at the college level he will be a steal in the 2nd day if he lasts that long

JCutlery
01-10-2008, 09:04 AM
Nick Watkins from Clemson needs to add a little weight, but I think he has starting capability. Same goes for Wesley Woodyard.

gdamac
01-10-2008, 10:19 AM
What about Eza Butler from Nevada, any thoughts?

princefielder28
01-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Marcus Richardson; Troy

toddmlazarchick
01-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Let me know what u guys think

bored of education
01-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Cromartie
Castille
Patrick Lee
Jerrid Gaines
Antwaun Molden

toddmlazarchick
01-10-2008, 11:26 AM
seems like a lot of pull for Woodyard around here. i havent really got to watch him this year

toddmlazarchick
01-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Antwaun Molden?? Is he a jr or sr and who does he play for i never heard of him before.

d34ng3l021
01-10-2008, 11:41 AM
No, no. Making a late round steal thread would be TOO organized.

GET LOOSE
01-10-2008, 11:52 AM
well i really like Leodis McKelvin in the late 1st or early 2nd. As for my late round pick i like Glenn Sharp

Grave Digger
01-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Joe Burnett could be a good corner. Good size, good speed, good ball skills, etc. I don't think he'll be a "stud" or even a starter but I think some team will be happy with him.

I also think Tyvon Branch is underrated. I like the way he plays press coverage.

keylime_5
01-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Ezra Butler is gonna be a stud, but he might not be a late round pick when all is said and done. Might be a 3rd rounder or so.

Grave Digger
01-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Bo Ruud is nowhere near as good as his brother and he will be lucky to be drafted at this stage. Special Teams are probably going to be his best shot at the NFL.

I agree he's not as good. I meant to say IF he turns out to be half as good as Barrett he'll be solid.

Maybe I'm wrong but when I watched Nebraska this season, it seemed like their front 4 was the big weakness on the defense. As we all know, if you don't have a decent front 4, it's hard for your LBs to be effective. I'm not predicting Bo to be anything more than a backup/special teams player either but I think he has good potential.

mpt117
01-10-2008, 01:25 PM
BC's Jolonn Dunbar, Michigan's Shawn Crable, Miami's Tavares Gooden, and a name that hasn't been thrown out there is Texas' Robert Killebrew...i think he could become a player out of the later rounds

mpt117
01-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Trae Williams from USF, BC's DeJaun Tribble (who seems to be dropping down the draft boards), Tenn St. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, and players low on scott's CB rankings that could be steals, LSU's Chevis Jackson, San Jose St. Dwight Lowery, and USC's Terrell Thomas

Turtlepower
01-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Robert James and Stanford Keglar are two guys who should go later that I think can do well.

robert james from ASU is another name to remember.

I love the Robert James love. Even though he is an OLB, I can honestly see him make the switch inside in the Pros. I think he would be great as an ILB in a 3-4.

diabsoule
01-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Don't sleep on J Leman from Illinois, he a very hard worker and he's one of the best tacklers I have ever seen at the college level he will be a steal in the 2nd day if he lasts that long

I love Leman's work ethic and how he tackles but I just don't think he has the speed to contribute at the next level, except on special teams. He'd have to bulk up a little bit to be considered a 3-4 thumper.

diabsoule
01-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Charles Godfrey is going to be a stud. DuJuan Tribble, Dwight Lowery, and Simeon Castille should be steals as well.

SuperKevin
01-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Antwaun Molden?? Is he a jr or sr and who does he play for i never heard of him before.

He's a senior at Eastern Kentucky. He's a transfer from a D1 school(I can't remember which one at the moment). He's got really good size and speed and he and Cromartie-Rodgers will be neck and neck to see who is the best small school CB.

SuperKevin
01-10-2008, 01:57 PM
My late round steal is Trevor Scott DE out of Buffalo. the guy is a converted TE playing DE and has averaged like 10 sacks a year over the past two years since making the change. he has good size at 6'5" 255 and is expected to run in the high 4.5 range. I think he'll be an excellent 3rd down pass rusher at the next level along the lines of a Robert Mathis or Trent Cole.

Iamcanadian
01-10-2008, 01:58 PM
Jordon Dizon, if the guy was a bit bigger he would be a first day lock. For the most part hes been very productive and he has the great work ethic and leadership skills needed to excel in any role given to him at the next level.

I also like him and won't be surprised to see him in round 3.

Iamcanadian
01-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Trae Williams from USF, BC's DeJaun Tribble (who seems to be dropping down the draft boards), Tenn St. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, and players low on scott's CB rankings that could be steals, LSU's Chevis Jackson, San Jose St. Dwight Lowery, and USC's Terrell Thomas

Most of these guys are day 1 picks in rounds 1-3. I'd hardly call them steals! The thread is late round steals.

mpt117
01-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Most of these guys are day 1 picks in rounds 1-3. I'd hardly call them steals! The thread is late round steals.

ahh the thread is merged the CB thread said mid to late round steals, my mistake i guess. but starting this year, only the first 2 rounds will be televised on day 1 and 3-7 on day 2

Iamcanadian
01-10-2008, 02:20 PM
ahh the thread is merged the CB thread said mid to late round steals, my mistake i guess. but starting this year, only the first 2 rounds will be televised on day 1 and 3-7 on day 2

I believe that day 1 still means rounds 1-3 for me, but I was still careful to incude the rounds when using the term to mean the 1st 3 rounds. It is really too bad about the term Day 1 losing its meaning because the 3rd round was an excellent cut off point when discussing the draft, that is why the NFL originally included it previously in day 1. Now we are going to have to invent a new term for discussing rounds 1-3. Any suggestions?

Blatz
01-11-2008, 12:56 AM
Simeon Castille should be steals as well.

I agree with this.

It seems like he was highly-rated at one point, and then fell all the sudden (off the field issues?), but I think athletically he has want you want in a DB.

eliteeagle
01-11-2008, 02:46 AM
i think that nick hayden is going to turn out to be a solid 3-4 DE for someone

Forenci
01-11-2008, 03:03 AM
I'll go with a local guy I've seen play a few times this year at UCONN. Larry Taylor. He's a WR/KR/PR. Best known for 'fair catching' and then promptly running in a TD against Louisville.

He's only about 5'8, but what he lacks in size he makes up for with burst, speed, and vision. I don't see him being anything more than a KR/PR, as I think he's too brittle to play the WR spot, but as mentioned I think he'll be a good special teams player whether he's a late pick or an UDFA.

Perhaps Gibril28 could back me up on this one, I know he's a UConn fan like myself.

toddmlazarchick
01-11-2008, 10:09 AM
who are ur steals for the WRs??

Turtlepower
01-11-2008, 10:14 AM
who are ur steals for the WRs??

I like Dorien Bryant out of Purdue, but due to his lack of height, he will mainly be used as a slot receiver, but I think he can be very effective there. I would say Marcus Monk, but some team will fall in love with his height and draft him in the 3rd.

wannabee
01-11-2008, 11:58 AM
With all of the depth at the running back position, a guy like Savage could be on the board a very long time. I like his skills and think former Cowboy can be a decent third down/COP back.

princefielder28
01-11-2008, 11:59 AM
I like Dorien Bryant out of Purdue, but due to his lack of height, he will mainly be used as a slot receiver, but I think he can be very effective there. I would say Marcus Monk, but some team will fall in love with his height and draft him in the 3rd.

agree w/ Monk

P-L
01-11-2008, 12:05 PM
With all the juniors coming out, Donnie Avery could fall quite a ways. He is going to be a major steal for some team.

Turtlepower
01-11-2008, 12:06 PM
With all the juniors coming out, Donnie Avery could fall quite a ways. He is going to be a major steal for some team.

Mayock still has him rated as his #2 senior WR. I think that is a little high, but Avery is a burner. As far as slot receivers go, I like Harry Douglass and Dorien Bryant a bit more than him.

TheSchmidt
01-11-2008, 12:31 PM
What about thoughts on Florida WR Andre Caldwell?

Where is he projected to end up?

critesy
01-11-2008, 12:44 PM
OT King Dunlap, Auburn

1. mammoth of person who could grow into a started in some years.
2. his name. king.

Grave Digger
01-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Steve Johnson from Kentucky is one WR I think will come up big in the NFL. All season he was Woodson's clutch WR.

Jerome Simpson from Coastal Carolina is another guy to watch IMO. He's been pretty productive and has massive hands. He also has pretty good size. He's not the fastest but neither was James Jones so you never know. I've read he has a pretty good vertical (around 41 I think I read).

Jughead10
01-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Trevor Laws is gonna make some team happy in the mid rounds. Last year I said the same thing about Ndukwe. These guys are just players. Not going to flash at the combine but they can play. Although Trevor will probably go well before the 7th like Ndukwe did.

Turtlepower
01-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Trevor Laws is gonna make some team happy in the mid rounds. Last year I said the same thing about Ndukwe. These guys are just players. Not going to flash at the combine but they can play. Although Trevor will probably go well before the 7th like Ndukwe did.

I peg Trevor Laws as a late 4th, early 5th rounder. I personally am not a Notre Dame fan, but I do like Laws' motor. I wouldn't mind the Giants spending a 4th/5th on him if there isn't much available at that point.

bored of education
01-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Xavier Omon - RB
Dominique Barber - S
Bruce Hocker- WR from Duquense has great hands

BufFan71
01-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Jordon Dizon

Geo
01-11-2008, 03:17 PM
I like Laws as well, and thought Derek Landri was another Notre Dame prospect worth a mid-round pick. Good 5th round pick by the Jags.

toddmlazarchick
01-11-2008, 03:24 PM
im an irish fan and last season was horrible to watch but Laws was our bright spot. I hope the Redskins take him i think he is gonna be such a great steal in the mid rounds to any team that picks him.

BroadwayJoe10
01-11-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm gonna go with Jason shirley (6'5 332) out of fresno state. He has allpro physical tools, but lacks the allpro mentality. This is one of those guys that really needs to shine in his interviews and convince his team that he won't drive drunk and crash into another building again etc. and focus on football. I personally don't see that as a possibility, becuase i figured being thrown off the football team the first time would have straightened him out, but it didn't seem to. He actually had a 20,000 dollar warrant out for him when he missed his court hearing the other day; he recently plead not guily to three misdemeanor charges of drunk driving and whatnot.

On the off chance that a team can straighten him out, they will get a fantastic DT or 34 DE. I have only watched highlights, because i don't get any FSU games, but i never saw him beat one on one.

toddmlazarchick
01-11-2008, 05:00 PM
what do u guys think about DE and DT steals?

Blatz
01-11-2008, 05:56 PM
WR: DJ Hall (May not fall into the later rounds though)
Rudy Burgess

Turtlepower
01-11-2008, 05:58 PM
I'm gonna go with Jason shirley (6'5 332) out of fresno state. He has allpro physical tools, but lacks the allpro mentality. This is one of those guys that really needs to shine in his interviews and convince his team that he won't drive drunk and crash into another building again etc. and focus on football. I personally don't see that as a possibility, becuase i figured being thrown off the football team the first time would have straightened him out, but it didn't seem to. He actually had a 20,000 dollar warrant out for him when he missed his court hearing the other day; he recently plead not guily to three misdemeanor charges of drunk driving and whatnot.

On the off chance that a team can straighten him out, they will get a fantastic DT or 34 DE. I have only watched highlights, because i don't get any FSU games, but i never saw him beat one on one.

Shirley you can't be seriously? =D

PACKmanN
01-11-2008, 06:08 PM
OT King Dunlap, Auburn

1. mammoth of person who could grow into a started in some years.
2. his name. king.
only if he could play like one...the guy cant bend his knees, he a mammoth player, thats just a waste(many Packers fan remember Donnell Washington).

The most underrated WR in this draft has to be Maurice Purify and De'Cody Fragg. They both has improved their game.

bwillie26
01-11-2008, 06:27 PM

If you like your LB's to be complete wimps. Bo would not take on a midget if he tried to block him, nor would he take on a 5 year old if he lowered his shoulder. He understands the game better than his brother and is always in position, but he has the mental toughness of a 2 year old.

Two guys to watch out for from that Nebraska team ..

Maurice Purify - Has the off the field problems which will make him drop. As a WR though, he drops basically nothing. Has HUGE hands. Loves to block and will put a DB on his back routinely. Does not have great speed though. Reminds me of a Keyshawn Johnson-esque wide receiver.

Steve Octavien - Just give this guy the ability to make plays and he will. Struggles with the mental aspect to the game. If you just tell him to make plays, he will. Almost uncanny how much better of a player he became when Nebraska allowed him that freedom.

BroadwayJoe10
01-11-2008, 06:39 PM
Shirley you can't be seriously? =D

HAHA hey he could turn himself around right??? He just needs the guidance of john kitna or something to really instill morales in him??

Geo
01-11-2008, 07:53 PM
If you like your LB's to be complete wimps. Bo would not take on a midget if he tried to block him, nor would he take on a 5 year old if he lowered his shoulder. He understands the game better than his brother and is always in position, but he has the mental toughness of a 2 year old.

Two guys to watch out for from that Nebraska team ..

Maurice Purify - Has the off the field problems which will make him drop. As a WR though, he drops basically nothing. Has HUGE hands. Loves to block and will put a DB on his back routinely. Does not have great speed though. Reminds me of a Keyshawn Johnson-esque wide receiver.

Steve Octavien - Just give this guy the ability to make plays and he will. Struggles with the mental aspect to the game. If you just tell him to make plays, he will. Almost uncanny how much better of a player he became when Nebraska allowed him that freedom.
Thoughts on Cornhuskers linebacker Corey McKeon?

keylime_5
01-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Larry Grant-OLB/Ohio State (6-3/226/4.5) Gonna be a good player.

dabears10
01-11-2008, 08:58 PM
*Homer Alert*
Kye Stewart OLB Illinois State University.
Could be good in a cover two system, and really only cover 2.
Would be a real good ST player.

GET LOOSE
01-11-2008, 09:52 PM
i like wesley woodward as well..a few people have said his name..he will be a nice pick in the 4th 5th or even 6th

bwillie26
01-12-2008, 12:35 AM
Thoughts on Cornhuskers linebacker Corey McKeon?

If I would not get ban for saying what I think about Corey, I would say it.

I'll just say this -- his teammates hated him and he (along with Keller) were two of the main problems that surrounded Nebraska's team this year. McKeon and Keller are best friends and if they hang around each other, I would be REALLY scared of McKeon's off the field habits.

As far as on the field, he'll be lucky to get drafted. The same as Ruud. If your team touches either you should punch yourself in the face. But if McKeon has a quality interior line he can play off of, he'll be serviceable. If not, you would not even want him on your PS. Look at his sophmore stats when he had guys like LeKevin Smith, Titus Adams and on occasion, Adam Carriker covering him up. Compare that to his junior and senior stats when the talent was not as good in front of him.

I'll just put it like this -- the best LB by FAR on our team did not even start. Lance Bradenburgh. The guy was physical, could cover and played all 3 LB positions. He played quite a bit, even though he did not start. If you like want to spend a 6th-7th or possibly UDFA spot on him, he could likely be a steal.

Turtlepower
01-12-2008, 02:37 AM
HAHA hey he could turn himself around right??? He just needs the guidance of john kitna or something to really instill morales in him??

I just watched Airplane! the other day, so I was just making the joke. Honestly, I know little to nothing about Shirley. Intriguing prospect though. =D

adamprez2003
01-12-2008, 09:25 AM

Love this guy. Reminds me of Zach Thomas. Needs to be protected but could be a steal

adamprez2003
01-12-2008, 09:28 AM
Jeremy Thompson DE - Wake Forest

MaxV
01-12-2008, 09:49 AM
Penn State RB Rodney Kinlaw could be a late-round steal. He has very good vision, quickness and good speed. Also, despite being only 5'-9" 200lbs, he has good balance and doesn't go down easily.

Others that could fall that I like:

Josh Johnson (QB) - San Diego
Dorian Bryant (WR) - Purdue
Dexter Jackson (WR) - Appalachian St.
Kendall Langford (DE) - Hampton
Malik Jackson (OLB) - Louisville
Tyvon Branch (CB) - UCONN

Patriots16-0
01-12-2008, 09:58 AM
Cromartie
Castille
Patrick Lee
Jerrid Gaines
Antwaun Molden

What? Cromartie a LATE ROUND pick???

Also: Josh Johnson, QB, San Diego
Kerry Brown, OG, Appalachian State
Durell Mapp, LB, UNC

Jughead10
01-12-2008, 12:49 PM
I like Laws as well, and thought Derek Landri was another Notre Dame prospect worth a mid-round pick. Good 5th round pick by the Jags.

Guys like Laws and Landri just have non stop motors. Neither are that naturally athletically gifted compared to other players but they just never quit. I'd say Laws' motor is even higher than Landri's. What Landri is good at is being quick off the snap by timing the count very well.

Sniper
01-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Guys like Laws and Landri just have non stop motors. Neither are that naturally athletically gifted compared to other players but they just never quit. I'd say Laws' motor is even higher than Landri's. What Landri is good at is being quick off the snap by timing the count very well.

I love Trevor Laws. He's half the reason I watched ND games this year when I could, the other half being me wanting to see how bad ND could be. Laws is awesome.

And **** Dexter Jackson! I hate him!

toddmlazarchick
01-12-2008, 01:26 PM
what do u guys think about OL sleepers

Patriots16-0
01-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Kerry Brown, OG, Appalachian State
Heath Benedict, OT, Newberry

jnew76
01-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Watching Bernard Morris in the Hula Bowl so far definitely puts him on my radar.

draftguru151
01-12-2008, 07:04 PM
I really like Morris. Seen him in a few games this year and have always been impressed. I definitely think he sticks somewhere as a QB. Don't really get why quite a few places don't even have him listed.

Shere Khan
01-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Chinedum Ndukwe-Notre Dame

Best pick of the 7th round.

Babylon
01-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Bryan Johnston DE, Gardner Webb is probably a 3rd or 4th rounder. He will make the probowl someday, file that away.

fischbowl
01-12-2008, 09:11 PM
QB: Paul Smith, Tulsa
HB: Matt Forte, Tulane (with all the junior entries, he'll fall)
WR: Darius Reynaud, WVU
TE: Brad Listorti, UMASS
OT: Peter Graniello, Arizona
OG: Martin O'Donnell, Illinois
C: Adam Hill, ULM

DE: Trevor Scott, Buffalo
DT: Ropati Pitiotua, Washington State
OLB: Mike Humpal, Iowa
MLB: Marc Magro, WVU
CB: Matterral Richardson, Arkansas
S: Pig Brown, Missouri

JCutlery
01-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Dizon will make a solid cover-2 linebacker. I'd love to see the Bucs draft him.

gouldo
01-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Wallace Gilberry from Alabama. I heard he will be a 5th or 6th rounder. Had a great Independance Bowl game.

thetruthatlast
01-14-2008, 01:23 PM
ADAM SHADA: cornerback, university of iowa, very underrated corner who i believe was a 2nd team all big ten 2006. Performed very well against ohio state that year, with several open field tackles against ginn and gonzalez. Scouts question his athletic ability and overall speed (gee i wonder way, just take a look at him for the answer) but if he performs well at his pro day (sub 4.5 40) should be a day 2 steal. I would grab him in the 4th if he times well, but we will see.

Gi-15
01-14-2008, 01:49 PM
Danny Amendola of Texas Tech should be a good slot receiver/kick returner for someone.

Tony Temple will also be a steal for someone.

Watch out for Samuel Giguère WR from up here in Canada (University of Sherbrooke), he'll play in the East-West Shrine Bowl, he is 6' 220 and runs a low 4.4. He's a real big guy with some quickness. Will be ignored because he played in the CIS but could make a team out of training camp and surprise people down the road.

josh07039
01-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Obviously this can be seen as homerism, but im going to mention the guys im most farmiliar with, Rutgers Guys.

Eric Foster-Could bulk up a little and play rush-backer in the 3-4 or lose some weight and play mlb in the 3-4. I'm not sure, but he might even be able to gain 15 lbs or so and play 4-3 de because he has shown the ability to take on bigger guys on a regular basis playing dt in college. At the very least could be a special teams stud.

Jeremy Zuttah- Extremley athletic tackle, probably best suited for ZBS, however, I could see him gaining some weight and being a starter for many teams at tackle.

Ron Girault- An experienced safety who rarely makes mistakes and has shown tons of consistency over the years. Has been overshadowed a bit by Greene the last three years, but is a great safety on his own merits. Could be a good special teams guy and backup, maybe a potential spot starter.

Pedro Sosa-Unlike my opinion of Zuttah, I believe he needs to be in a ZBS because he is not nearly the athletic specimen and doesn't have close to the same potential to put on weight because he doesn't have the same type of frame.

Edit:
I forgot about Mike Fladell-Just a huge guy who is a mauler inside. Not an outstanding athlete, but many guards aren't. Not necessarily a star but could make an impact on a team very early on in his career. Hes just so huge.

matts22
01-14-2008, 11:02 PM
QB: Paul Smith, Tulsa
HB: Matt Forte, Tulane (with all the junior entries, he'll fall)
WR: Darius Reynaud, WVU
TE: Brad Listorti, UMASS
OT: Peter Graniello, Arizona
OG: Martin O'Donnell, Illinois
C: Adam Hill, ULM

DE: Trevor Scott, Buffalo
DT: Ropati Pitiotua, Washington State
OLB: Mike Humpal, Iowa
MLB: Marc Magro, WVU
CB: Matterral Richardson, Arkansas
S: Pig Brown, Missouri

I was going to say Pig Brown will be a STEAL if he fully recovers from his achilles injury (which he should).

junior2430
01-14-2008, 11:54 PM
WR Marcus Smith, New Mexico - Big, strong, fast, and good hands. Decent KR as well. Has only played the position since coming to college, as he was a RB previously. Still has some things to learn about the position, but has a lot of upside.

Getusome
01-15-2008, 01:09 PM
Craig Turner is a Great Value Pick in the late rounds. This kid is fast and can play on both sides of the ball. During his tenure at Southern Illinois he played RB, CB, KR and PR. He was All Conference 3 years and made some All American teams. He finished #1 in KR in 1-AA football this year averaging 29.4yds per return. He was also tops in PR averaging over 11 yds per punt return. He's also a solid CB! What kind of buzz have you been hearing about him?

Staubach12
01-15-2008, 05:14 PM
Jacob Hester. The guy is just a football player. He'll be one hell of a player for somebody.

thetruthatlast
01-15-2008, 09:18 PM
Luke Swan:WR from Wisconsin: Good size (6'1 195lbs), runs great routes, has great hands, decent speed (4.5ish) was on a tear until he tore his hamstring during the season, if he heals in time for his pro day,and runs a good time, this guy should be a great pick up in the 4th round. You heard it here first.

wiscbadgerfootball
01-15-2008, 09:35 PM
don't know if I said it here yet but Dexter Jackson WR App State is my pick

Turtlepower
01-16-2008, 12:30 AM
One guy I want to bring up is RB Ryan Torain. He got injured in the second week of football this year, but this guy is a great short-yardage back if I ever saw one. Hopefully some team is smart enough to pick him up in the 6th.

SuperKevin
01-16-2008, 12:38 AM
Luke Swan:WR from Wisconsin: Good size (6'1 195lbs), runs great routes, has great hands, decent speed (4.5ish) was on a tear until he tore his hamstring during the season, if he heals in time for his pro day, this guy should be a great pick up in the 4th round. You heard it here first.

I think Paul Hubbard has more potential. Hubbard seems like a Hines Ward clone to me.

thetruthatlast
01-16-2008, 09:09 AM
I think Paul Hubbard has more potential. Hubbard seems like a Hines Ward clone to me.

I'm not so sure about that, swan has better hands and runs better routes, speed is about the same, but hubbard is bigger. But i would still go with swan.

adamprez2003
01-16-2008, 01:32 PM
To start with, I'm horrible at slotting this early so if some of these are 2nd rounders I apologize. Using 3rd round as my starting point, these are the ones that I think might have a shot. Obviously there will be more busts than boom but I think they bring good value in later rounds

QB
Joe Flacco
Josh Johnson
Anthony Morelli
Bernard Morris

FB
Matt Forte
Jacob Hester
Jerome Felton

RB
Tim Hightower

WR