PDA

View Full Version : Some Mocksual Seduction...

thebow305
01-09-2008, 10:53 PM
It's been a while since I did one of these. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out for the most part. Some pretty shocking picks here for some team, I tried to mix it up a little and change some things. A second and third round should be coming in the next couple days.

Round 1

1 Dolphins Vernon Gholston Defensive End/Outside Linebacker Ohio State
2 Rams Glenn Dorsey Defensive Tackle Louisiana State
3 Falcons Darren McFadden Running Back Arkansas
4 Raiders Chris Long Defensive End Virginia
5 Chiefs Jake Long Offensive Tackle Michigan
6 Jets Matt Ryan Quarterback Boston College
7 Patriots (V/49er's) James Laurinaitis Inside Linebacker Ohio State
8 Ravens Malcolm Jenkins Cornerback Ohio State
9 Bengals Sedrick Ellis Defensive Tackle Southern California
10 Saints Keith Rivers Outside Linebacker Southern California
11 Bills Mike Jenkins Cornerback South Florida
12 Broncos Kenny Phillips Safety Miami (Fla.)
13 Panthers Andre Woodson Quarterback Kentucky
14 Bears Brian Brohm Quarterback Louisville
15 Lions Calais Campbell Defensive End Miami (Fla.)
16 Cardinals Reggie Smith Cornerback Oklahoma
17 Vikings Fred Davis Tight End Southern California
18 Texans Rashard Mendenhall Running Back Illinois
19 Eagles Ryan Clady Offensive Tackle Boise State
20 Buccanneers DeSean Jackson Wide Reciever California
21 Redskins Derrick Harvey Defensive End Florida
22 Cowboys (v/Browns) Jeff Otah Offensive Tackle Pittsburgh
23 Giants Dan Connor Outside Linebacker Penn State
24 Steelers Phil Loadholt Offensive Tackle Oklahoma
25 Titans Malcolm Kelly Wide Reciever Oklahoma
26 Seahawks Jonathan Stewart Running Back Oregon
27 Chargers Erin Henderson Inside/Outside Linebacker Maryland
28 Jaguars Lawrence Jackson Defensive End Southern California
29 Packers Antoine Cason Cornerback Arizona
30 49ers (v/Colts) Kentwan Balmer Defensive End North Carolina
31 Cowboys Leodis McKelvin Cornerback Troy State
32 Patriots FORFEITED SELECTION

Any suggestions, comments, praise, gripes, or concerns are all welcome! Please let me know what you think!

derza222
01-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Not a big fan of the Matt Ryan pick for the Jets. Looks like we're going to give Clemens a chance next season and Pennington will probably be around as well and it doesn't really make any sense to take a QB in the first round, or in the first 4 or so really, this draft. No need to draft a possible franchise QB when your franchise thinks they may have one, not saying Clemens will be a franchise QB but management thinks he could be a good one so I'd say it's highly, highly unlikely we go QB early this draft.

thebow305
01-09-2008, 11:14 PM
Not a big fan of the Matt Ryan pick for the Jets. Looks like we're going to give Clemens a chance next season and Pennington will probably be around as well and it doesn't really make any sense to take a QB in the first round, or in the first 4 or so really, this draft. No need to draft a possible franchise QB when your franchise thinks they may have one, not saying Clemens will be a franchise QB but management thinks he could be a good one so I'd say it's highly, highly unlikely we go QB early this draft.

haha.. yeah i agree, I don't neccessarily think it will happen, but I just wanted to change it up there a little, that was one of my surprise picks. You guys are known to be a little shocking with your picks, so seeing that would not shock me at all. I actually think it would help you guys a lot, as long as you got an OL, a DL, and another pass rusher later on. Probably not likely, but it COULD happen.

derza222
01-09-2008, 11:21 PM
We haven't been all that shocking under this regime. Two drafts with Tangini and we went D'Brick and Mangold in the first which was pretty simple and last year our biggest need was CB and we went up and drafted Revis. It's pretty clear that our biggest needs are on the OL and DL along with our pass rush. I'd say one way or another we end up fitting those needs early, probably via trade up or down which you don't have in your mock. Not sure what the best pick in your mock is, probably some secondary guy or Laurinaitis though I'm not convinced he's coming out. Anyways just figured I'd throw it out there.

Caddy
01-09-2008, 11:32 PM
Great Buccaneers selection if you ask me.

foozball
01-09-2008, 11:32 PM
as much as id love for the texans to take mendenhall, it doesnt look like itll happen now that they have gibbs as the assistant coach. seems like theyll be looking for a late round RB

islandboy843
01-09-2008, 11:34 PM
Best Mock Name Ever.

Nice Titans pick.

thebow305
01-09-2008, 11:35 PM
as much as id love for the texans to take mendenhall, it doesnt look like itll happen now that they have gibbs as the assistant coach. seems like theyll be looking for a late round RB

That could throw in a wrench I guess, i really think it depends on how good they think Darius Walker can be.

badgerbacker
01-09-2008, 11:45 PM
I don't mind the Cason pick for the Packers, but it'd be nice to grab a more physical corner. Possibly Talib or Ikegwuonu. I personally like Ikegwuonu, but then again, I could be a little biased...

aNYtitan
01-09-2008, 11:46 PM
Just an outstanding Titans selection. The perfect selection, which I hope occurs but he might be gone by then

johbur
01-10-2008, 12:08 AM
I love Antoine Cason and would be very pleased to have him as a PAcker. I also appreciate the other three NFC North picks, as Brohm would not be reay next year for the Bears and Fred David will improve Minnesota's record as much as Greg Olsen improved Chicago's record this year. Detroit getting Calais Campbell the most worrisome of them all, but it still doesn't improve their secondary except by pressure proxy.

A nice draft that is a bit different from the norm.

chrlopez1
01-10-2008, 12:21 AM
Boys are not going OL with the first pick........JJ wants a playmaker..he will pick defense or WR with the second pick..........

thebow305
01-10-2008, 12:22 AM
Boys are not going OL with the first pick........JJ wants a playmaker..he will pick defense or WR with the second pick..........

glad you have the final say on that one

Vikes99ej
01-10-2008, 12:39 AM
I endorse the Vikings pick. Good weapon for our offense.

litlharsh
01-10-2008, 05:51 AM
I endorse the Vikings pick. Good weapon for our offense.

With Jackson still on the board? I don't know...

Bills2083
01-10-2008, 08:15 AM
I like Mike Jenkins, and I know it is hard to predict trading down, but I wouldn't mind trading down at that poing.

But I wouldn't mind Mike Jenkins though

Sniper
01-10-2008, 08:22 AM
19 Eagles Ryan Clady Offensive Tackle Boise State

Not a Clady fan at all. He's too inconsistent for my liking and is way too raw. With who was picked ahead, I'd prefer Dan Connor, Erin Henderson or a CB, or maybe Phil Loadholt.

bigmac076
01-10-2008, 08:36 AM
If Jonathan Stewart is there and the Cowboys dont take him, that would be very upsetting. Give the 'Boys Malcolm Kelly or Jonathan Stewart.

G-Men88
01-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Giants need to go DB round 1. Give us Cason

Splat
01-10-2008, 12:21 PM
I love any mock that has the Chiefs getting Jake Long.

Xiomera
01-10-2008, 12:35 PM
15 Lions Calais Campbell Defensive End Miami (Fla.)

Ouch, my eyes are burning after seeing this pick . . .

Give us Ryan Clady. There is not way he would ever fall past us.

T-RICH49
01-10-2008, 12:47 PM
I love any mock that has the Chiefs getting Jake Long.

agreed.Long in a Chief uni would be great

WMD
01-10-2008, 02:31 PM
Ouch, my eyes are burning after seeing this pick . . .

Give us Ryan Clady. There is not way he would ever fall past us.

Screw you, pal. Calais is a beast! I'd rather take an OT in Round 2, the draft is quite deep in OT and I think Defense should be our #1 Priority. Calais is the man but I'd pretty much be happy with ANY defensive player at #15.

hugegmenfan
01-10-2008, 07:16 PM
give the giants cason over connor

KILLERSANTA
01-10-2008, 07:31 PM
DALLAS DOES NOT DRAFT OL IN THE FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I say this every year, you would think people would catch on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scottyboy
01-10-2008, 07:33 PM
give the giants cason over connor

agreed. CB is more a need than LB. especially schematically, I don't think Connor fits, and I love Cason

Yung Flippa
01-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Good Ravens and Texans picks.

jdb1972
01-11-2008, 11:54 AM
13 Panthers Andre Woodson Quarterback Kentucky
Panthers won't take a... oh, nevermind. Just read this (http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2008/01/olson-qb-situat.html)

jetsfanrg52
01-15-2008, 03:31 PM
WoW Jets draft Matt Ryan? better chance that chad pennington has a healthy arm next year and wins a superbowl than drafting ryan! Jets will select Joe Namath out of Retirement University than Matt Ryan out of Boston College. I can see them selecting something we have depth in because the jets are dumb, so probly a runningback or corner. but seriously...... i think matt ryan isnt a bad choice just not the one im hoping for, i want dorsey!!!