PDA

View Full Version : Quentin Groves ?

GET LOOSE
01-09-2008, 11:44 PM
did he have a good year? by like game 6 he had 0 sacks and was being questioned by scouts. what were his stats?

Sportsfan486
01-09-2008, 11:58 PM
did he have a good year?

He was very off and on. When he's on he's one of the best DE/LBs in the nation but when he's not on he's completely non-existent. He had 7 tackes for loss, 3 sacks, 2 forced fumbles.. so not really good stats.

Probably a late day one guy although he could impress in workouts and make the mid-2nd. Likely a 3-4 OLB tweener.

jbeans187
01-10-2008, 12:18 AM
I think he dislocated some toes and he missed some games

Buffalo M
01-10-2008, 05:33 AM
Asking here. Hasn't he been hurt often during his college career ? I know when healthy, he's a force but durability concerns may cause some teams to pass.

AkiliSmith
01-10-2008, 08:26 AM
He had like 24 quarterback hurries and 3 sacks. He was disruptive, just couldn't finish.

Edit: 19 of those 24 hurries and 2 sacks came in the first 5 games of the season. So he really did nothing the last part of the year.

tylerb929
01-10-2008, 08:44 AM
Probably a late day one guy although he could impress in workouts and make the mid-2nd.

Day one as in the old 3 round day one? or day one as in the new 2 round day one?

gangGREENinsider
01-10-2008, 08:52 AM
He had like 24 quarterback hurries and 3 sacks. He was disruptive, just couldn't finish.

Edit: 19 of those 24 hurries and 2 sacks came in the first 5 games of the season. So he really did nothing the last part of the year.

Yeah, he really wasn't the same post-injury. And he was also moved to OLB to make room for a good looking kid Antonio Coleman but he looked lost there.

As a edge-rusher, he can take over game slike few can in this draft...

Sportsfan486
01-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Day one as in the old 3 round day one? or day one as in the new 2 round day one?

As in he's a late 2nd to anytime 3rd prospect with the possibility of moving to mid-2nd with really good workouts.

The stats I listed were for 10 games played, he did miss a couple games and he was getting moved around from DE to OLB.

P-L
01-10-2008, 10:03 AM
Auburn moved him to LB halfway through the season. That's why his sacks and hurries suffered.

GET LOOSE
01-10-2008, 12:20 PM
so do you guys think hes worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

Yung Flippa
01-10-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm guess he's a second round pick, hopefully to the Ravens.

Paranoidmoonduck
01-10-2008, 08:41 PM
If he passes his physicals and posts the kind of times that have been suggested, he might even be able to work his way back into the bottom portion of round 1.

GET LOOSE
01-10-2008, 09:04 PM
can you guys compare him to anynoe in da nfl

Yung Flippa
01-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Umm, Anthony Spencer.

Paranoidmoonduck
01-10-2008, 11:15 PM
can you guys compare him to anynoe in da nfl

Well, if Groves can post the agility and speed numbers he is said to be capable of, I'd say that Manny Lawson is the best comparison I can think of.

GET LOOSE
01-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Well, if Groves can post the agility and speed numbers he is said to be capable of, I'd say that Manny Lawson is the best comparison I can think of.

that sounds good but lawson is an average LB so do you think he would be about the same player or a better version of lawson

Paranoidmoonduck
01-10-2008, 11:23 PM
that sounds good but lawson is an average LB so do you think he would be about the same player or a better version of lawson

I think Lawson played some really good football before he was injured this past season, so I think calling him average is premature. I don't think Groves is quite the athlete that Lawson is (although, until the combine, I have no real idea), but it all depends on health and the situation he lands in.

I'd say that at this point in the draft process I liked Lawson more than I currently like Groves now, but that's mostly for health reasons.

GET LOOSE
01-10-2008, 11:27 PM
I think Lawson played some really good football before he was injured this past season, so I think calling him average is premature. I don't think Groves is quite the athlete that Lawson is (although, until the combine, I have no real idea), but it all depends on health and the situation he lands in.

I'd say that at this point in the draft process I liked Lawson more than I currently like Groves now, but that's mostly for health reasons.

ooo i wasnt sure how he did this year i only followed him his rookie year..thank you for thoughts