PDA

View Full Version : Paul Smith, QB, Tulsa

Matthew Jones
01-10-2008, 08:12 AM
Why does no one talk about this guy? Yes, he's a bit undersized at 6'2", 193, but I was very impressed with him in the game against Bowling Green last week and he finished with a 60.1% completion percentage, 5,065 yards, and 47 pass touchdowns. He also rushed in 13 touchdowns for a total of 60. He looked very poised and tough in the game. Does anyone have any idea where he's expected to go or have more information than I do?

diabsoule
01-10-2008, 01:42 PM
I've been impressed with him this whole year.

SuperKevin
01-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Why does no one talk about this guy? Yes, he's a bit undersized at 6'2", 193, but I was very impressed with him in the game against Bowling Green last week and he finished with a 60.1% completion percentage, 5,065 yards, and 47 pass touchdowns. He also rushed in 13 touchdowns for a total of 60. He looked very poised and tough in the game. Does anyone have any idea where he's expected to go or have more information than I do?

He's a bit of a system QB so he's not likely to get drafted too high. You have to realize that Tulsa's OC Todd Dodge was known for his passing attacks while at Southlake Carroll. Entering the season he was probably a 7th round/UDFA kind of guy but this season and a strong postseason could raise his stock to around the 4th round. I still don't expect him to be anything more than a quality backup/spot starter in the league similiar to the career of another Tulsa quarterback, Gus Freotte.

jbeans187
01-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Did he transfer from oklahoma?

kiranadwaney
he impressed in hula bowl practice, they said he has a good release but lacks size.

Turtlepower
Paul Smith = Tim Tebow. =D

SuperKevin
01-10-2008, 01:58 PM
Did he transfer from oklahoma?

I'm not 100% sure if he did. if he did, he never played a snap at OU because he's been playing QB at Tulsa since his freshman year.

jbeans187
01-10-2008, 02:35 PM
I'm not 100% sure if he did. if he did, he never played a snap at OU because he's been playing QB at Tulsa since his freshman year.

I did some research i guess i was thinking of someone else. I thought a qb tranferred once bomar was named starter a couple years back

Patriots16-0
01-10-2008, 02:38 PM
I think he is a good QB, but nothing more than a 6th rounder.

hitstreak13
01-10-2008, 03:29 PM
He's a bit of a system QB so he's not likely to get drafted too high. You have to realize that Tulsa's OC Todd Dodge was known for his passing attacks while at Southlake Carroll. Entering the season he was probably a 7th round/UDFA kind of guy but this season and a strong postseason could raise his stock to around the 4th round. I still don't expect him to be anything more than a quality backup/spot starter in the league similiar to the career of another Tulsa quarterback, Gus Freotte.

I agree with you 100%. Teams have become alittle reluctant to draft QB's from a spread system (think B.j Symons, Cody Hodges, you get the point). I think he's a 6th rounder

BeerBaron
01-10-2008, 04:06 PM
i just don't see him being drafted without some crazy good workouts and what not before the draft

VoteLynnSwan
01-10-2008, 04:16 PM
I did some research i guess i was thinking of someone else. I thought a qb tranferred once bomar was named starter a couple years back

you're probably thinking of Paul Thompson... but i think he moved to WR.

Peter
01-10-2008, 04:40 PM

There was a guy named Grady that transferred to Utah from OU.