PDA

View Full Version : McFadden involved in bar fight...will it have an effect on...

Seasonticketholder
01-10-2008, 12:01 PM
his draft status?

http://www.fox16.com/news/local/stor...a17384&rss=315

GET LOOSE
01-10-2008, 12:04 PM
to be honest i dont think it hurts him at all

Sveen
01-10-2008, 12:09 PM
The page doesn't exist.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
01-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Heard per ESPN Radio that he was released and that no charges were filed.

G-Men88
01-10-2008, 12:16 PM
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/sports/15020844/detail.html?rss=bos&psp=sports

He was not involved in the bar fight

Seasonticketholder
01-10-2008, 12:18 PM
The page doesn't exist.

I don't know what's wrong with it. I copied it exactly. It works when I go through the following link on Saintsreport.com http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58699 Go there and you will see the link on the McFadden story.

Canuck
01-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Yes it will... it means the Raiders will be more aggressive in trying to get him. :P

Halsey
01-10-2008, 12:34 PM
The fact that he was even at the bar when he's been involved in an incident before raises questions about his character and intelligence. He shoudl know he's being put under a microscope by NFL teams trying to decide who to spend tens of millions of dollars on. You never read about Tomlinson or Peterson involved in a bar fight.

wingboy2999
01-10-2008, 12:36 PM
The fact that he was even at the bar when he's been involved in an incident before raises questions about his character and intelligence. He shoudl know he's being put under a microscope by NFL teams trying to decide who to spend tens of millions of dollars on. You never read about Tomlinson or Peterson involved in a bar fight.

Come on... you think he can't go out to the bar?

terribletowel39
01-10-2008, 12:41 PM
thats dumb. the dude wasn't at a stripper/night club, he was at a piano bar. have you ever been to a piano bar?? i doubt it. raises questions about his character and intelligence?? well i say it lets me know he is loyal. he was having a good time with some buddies and it sounds like someone started messing with his brother. **** a million dollars at that point, i'm helping my brother out.

Halsey
01-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Come on... you think he can't go out to the bar?

I never said that. But why go out to a bar months before the NFL draft and get involved in a bar fight? That's just dumb. Millions of dollars are on the line. Even if he waits till next year this could hurt his stock. It shows poor judgement and arrogance.

Halsey
01-10-2008, 12:45 PM
thats dumb. the dude wasn't at a stripper/night club, he was at a piano bar. have you ever been to a piano bar?? i doubt it. raises questions about his character and intelligence?? well i say it lets me know he is loyal. he was having a good time with some buddies and it sounds like someone started messing with his brother. **** a million dollars at that point, i'm helping my brother out.

Whatever, apologist. I'm a Falcons fan, i've seen the excuses all before. There's always people out there that will make excuses for star players.

terribletowel39
01-10-2008, 12:48 PM
I never said that. But why go out to a bar months before the NFL draft and get involved in a bar fight? That's just dumb. Millions of dollars are on the line. Even if he waits till next year this could hurt his stock. It shows poor judgement and arrogance.
so you are saying that if someone was beating up your younger brother, and if you helped him, there was a slight chance that it would change the fact that you will get 40 million to maybe 28 million, you wouldn't help him?? sounds like poor judgement on your part.

terribletowel39
01-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Whatever, apologist. I'm a Falcons fan, i've seen the excuses all before. There's always people out there that will make excuses for star players.
how am i making excuses?? if the story is true he did the right thing. its his brother dude. you must be an only child.

toonsterwu
01-10-2008, 12:57 PM
I think his draft status will be more impact by questions on his vision and legs than it will be by this incident. I don't see this incident as being a huge deal if he was protecting his little brother. Now ... the past incident, which I have little recollection of and am too lazy to look up, that might play a bigger role than this one.

All in all, maybe it means he isn't the first overall, but he wasn't a lock to go first overall anyways. I still have a hard time seeing him fall out of the top 5.

Halsey
01-10-2008, 01:00 PM
how am i making excuses?? if the story is true he did the right thing. its his brother dude. you must be an only child.
Nope, I have a little brother. If I was Darren McFadden and I was in a bar where people were messing with my brother I would simply go to the manager and tell him i'd give him a large tip after I get paid if he will throw the guys out. I certainly wouldn't do something that would get me handcuffed.

terribletowel39
01-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Nope, I have a little brother. If I was Darren McFadden and I was in a bar where people were messing with my brother I would simply go to the manager and tell him i'd give him a large tip after I get paid if he will throw the guys out. I certainly wouldn't do something that would get me handcuffed.
i don't know what to say to that, except most people call that a puss move. i'm done argueing about this though.

Halsey
01-10-2008, 01:15 PM
i don't know what to say to that, except most people call that a puss move. i'm done argueing about this though.

I don't care what people call it.

Not getting handcuffed and potentially costing myself millions of dollars >>>> people's opinion.

toonsterwu
01-10-2008, 02:18 PM
This is delving closer to off-topic, but I wanted to add one comment, which is that, there's a greater chance the manager would've thrown both parties out than to take up McFadden on a future earnings offer without something firm written down (and perhaps even with, unless he doesn't plan on running the piano bar for that long).

We'll have to see how the circumstances come out. If his mom is correct, and he was protecting his little brother, I have a hard time seeing this significantly impacting his stock outside of a "pattern" issue, which would place emphasis on the previous bar fight. His 40 time, workouts, legs - all those factors will still play a bigger role in determing whether or not he goes top 5 or if he has a surprising drop.

TheGoods
01-10-2008, 02:26 PM

You're joking right?

"Sorry Mr. Manager, could you please kick these guys out so they will stop messing with my little brother? I will be in the NFL soon so I will give you a big tip later on. Thanks!"

Flyboy
01-10-2008, 02:26 PM

Damn. Owned imo.

Halsey
01-10-2008, 03:00 PM
What's a 20 year old doing out past midnight in a bar anyway. A reasonable, mateure person see a problem here. Apologists will just make excuses.

Flyboy
01-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Right. Because it's so taboo for someone that is 20 to be in a bar after midnight. You're right, McFadden was LOOKING for trouble.

toonsterwu
01-10-2008, 03:11 PM
What's a 20 year old doing out past midnight in a bar anyway. A reasonable, mateure person see a problem here. Apologists will just make excuses.

Honest question, but how old are you? This isn't meant to be a spite ... I'm just not sure if you realize that

a) going to a bar isn't the biggest thing (furthermore, what if he was the designated driver?)
b) if you are implying something to do with drinking, well, underage drinking, while a social taboo, is, uh, how shall we put it, something that is definitely engaged upon by folks under 21 in college, often in high quantities of alcohol. Put it this way, while I don't know for certain, I'd imagine an extremely high quantity of NFL prospects drank before they were 21.

Furthermore, I don't know anything about the establishment he was at (has the establishment even been named?) While I expect that they were drinking, it is possible that the piano bar

a) didn't serve alcohol
b) served alcohol but was very careful on checking folks

Short of it is that, until we know more details, it seems somewhat foolish to jump to any conclusions. Again, it's a piano bar. I remember my college days ... chicks would often want to go piano bar type places to hang out and relax.

Heck ... a pool hall seems more "dangerous" in connotation to me than a piano bar.

steelernation77
01-10-2008, 03:12 PM

Oh crap, I'm in bars all the time after 12pm. My character is so flawed. Iowa City bars allow 19+ and so do many other cities.

'cuse-213
01-10-2008, 03:13 PM

hahahaa, I feel bad for you.. and your brother for that matter.

Whats that saying.. A friend will bail you outta jail, but a best friend will be right next to you laughing. Korny but..

terribletowel39
01-10-2008, 03:18 PM
yea lots of music venue places like piano bars and places that are mainly just places to go to listen to music are 18+.

are you home schooled?? jesus, a 20 year old who is in college, out after midnight!!! OMG!!! what is this world coming to??!!

iowatreat54
01-10-2008, 05:58 PM
don't you know, those piano fanatics are a tough crowd, some of the worst...DMC has major character issues if he's hanging out with such a ruthless, unlawful crowd...I think if he declares this year he goes undrafted and if he stays, next year he might be able to climb back to round 6 or 7...unbelievable...

how dare he have a social life at the age of 20...

Halsey
01-10-2008, 06:28 PM
hahahaa, I feel bad for you
I really doesn't matter what you feel. I'm here to talk about the draft not what random people feel.

Halsey
01-10-2008, 06:32 PM
yea lots of music venue places like piano bars and places that are mainly just places to go to listen to music are 18+.

are you home schooled?? jesus, a 20 year old who is in college, out after midnight!!! OMG!!! what is this world coming to??!!

Not jusrt out after midnight. Getting in bar fights after midnight. That's the time when guys like Pacman Jones are out while guys like LT are sleeping after a hard days work.

terribletowel39
01-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Not jusrt out after midnight. Getting in bar fights after midnight. That's the time when guys like Pacman Jones are out while guys like LT are sleeping after a hard days work.
except if he declares he has to practically go almost a full year of training, getting ready for the draft. spring training. traning camps. actual games. stuff like that. what is so bad that this dude went out before all that starts up?? yes he went out and trouble followed him, from what it sounds like he didn't start it and was JUST PROTECTING HIS BROTHER. you confuse me. you've already said you would take the time to make a deal with the manager while your brother is getting beat up. i'd whoop your ass if i was your brother.

Rich Jr
01-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Yes it will... it means the Raiders will be more aggressive in trying to get him. :PThe Bengals too.

Halsey
01-10-2008, 06:46 PM
except if he declares he has to practically go almost a full year of training, getting ready for the draft. spring training. traning camps. actual games. stuff like that. what is so bad that this dude went out before all that starts up?? yes he went out and trouble followed him, from what it sounds like he didn't start it and was JUST PROTECTING HIS BROTHER. you confuse me. you've already said you would take the time to make a deal with the manager while your brother is getting beat up. i'd whoop your ass if i was your brother.

and who said "he was just protecting his brother"? His mother? All she knows is probably what her son's told her. I doubt she was in the bar with him. What was his excuse for the other bar fight he was in?

Paranoidmoonduck
01-10-2008, 06:50 PM
and who said "he was just protecting his brother"? His mother? All she knows is probably what her son's told her. I doubt she was in the bar with him. What was his excuse for the other bar fight he was in?

His car was being stolen, and in the process of keeping that from occurring he hit his big toe on the curb, injuring himself.

BNad
01-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Probably because idiots get beer muscles and think fighting a future first round halfback is cool? I got in a fight once at a bar because someone cut in front of me in line, and I didn't say a word. I didn't throw a punch but was taken out by the bouncers. Luckily there's like, 49 more bars in Athens. :)

terribletowel39
01-10-2008, 06:53 PM

His car was being stolen, and in the process of keeping that from occurring he hit his big toe on the curb, injuring himself.
thank you i hadn't ever heard about that incident but was just about to look it up.

you never answered toon either, halsey. how old are you??

Rich Jr
01-10-2008, 07:02 PM

http://vmedia.rivals.com/UserMedia/FanPagesPhoto/Gallery/20/O73147.jpg

http://vmedia.rivals.com/UserMedia/FanPagesPhoto/Gallery/20/O73148.jpg

Halsey
01-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Ever notice how nobody ever needed to make these excuses for guys like Ladainian Tomlinson, Adrian Peterson, Barry Sanders, Walter Peyton, Emmitt Smith, Eric Dickerson, etc. Those guys don't get in the news for bar fights. Guys like Pacman Jones, however, somehow always manage to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. It's always "oh well the other guy started it" or "I was stickin up for my boy".

Paranoidmoonduck
01-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Ever notice how nobody ever needed to make these excuses for guys like Ladainian Tomlinson, Adrian Peterson, Barry Sanders, Walter Peyton, Emmitt Smith, Eric Dickerson, etc. Those guys don't get in the news for bar fights. Guys like Pacman Jones, however, somehow always manage to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. It's always "oh well the other guy started it" or "I was stickin up for my boy".

And why do kids these days listen to such loud rock music and why won't they get off my goddamn lawn!?

badgerbacker
01-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Nobody is saying that McFadden is a perfect person. Obviously, he could have avoided putting himself in the situation and could have made better decisions once the fight happened, but the place that he was at doesn't seem like a place that you would think you needed to avoid, and in the heat of the moment, I'm sure many people wouldn't think twice before running in to defend a brother. I personally am out past midnight and I wouldn't hesitate to protect my brother, even if I knew I might get in trouble, and I don't think that makes me a person with "bad character". This just means McFadden is an average 20 year old. It shouldn't affect his draft status.

regoob2
01-11-2008, 08:49 AM

I couldn't agree more he's a football player 2nd and a man 1st and if you mess with his family he should respond like anyone else would.

P-L
01-11-2008, 09:51 AM
I don't think McFadden was at fault in either incident, but with this being the second incident, it could raise questions about the people he hangs around with.

Halsey
01-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Here's an intersting thought: What if this incident causes McFadden to fall a little in the draft to a team more willing to take a risk on him. LIke maybe a team that can tell him "stay out of trouble or we'll bench you and still be one of the best teams in the league". Say a team like, oh I don't know, the one with the San Francisco's #7 pick.

toonsterwu
01-11-2008, 04:13 PM
btw, for anyone interested, the place he was supposedly at was Ernie Biggs.

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=58767
http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/sports_blog_post.asp?pID=2609
http://littlerock.erniebiggs.com/default.aspx

about.com's comments about the place

"Ernie Biggs (307 President Clinton Ave, 501-372-4782) - Ernie Biggs is a fun dueling piano bar. The crowd is encouraged to participate in the performances and sing along with the entertainment. It's the perfect place to relax and have a good time. You can also visit Willie D's Dueling Piano Bar (322 President Clinton Ave, 501-224-9550) for more dueling piano fun."

http://littlerock.about.com/cs/nightlife/a/rivermarket.htm

I am very curious how things got "rowdy" there. What ... did someone not like someone's singing? j/k there, but it seems like his friends are supporting that McFadden was just trying to break up the fight aspect, and the implication seems to be that it wasn't McFadden that hit the bouncer.

All in all, still don't think this is the biggest deal. If he falls, which is a bigger probability than most seem to acknowledge, I think it'll be for more football related reasons.

Turtlepower
01-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Dueling Piano Bars are easily the least likely place for a fight to break-out. It is usually meant for a large group of people to just hang out and have a good-time. Usually girls are the ones who getting ridiculously blitzed at these bars with the guys usually not drinking as much. The crowds vary a lot with a lot of single, older men attending these bars trying to get with younger ladies.

'cuse-213
01-12-2008, 07:53 AM
Here's an intersting thought: What if this incident causes McFadden to fall a little in the draft to a team more willing to take a risk on him. LIke maybe a team that can tell him "stay out of trouble or we'll bench you and still be one of the best teams in the league". Say a team like, oh I don't know, the one with the San Francisco's #7 pick.

Yeah, about that whole dropping thing..yeah no.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-12-2008, 08:25 AM

I seriously question if you've ever stepped foot outside your house.

ammandss
01-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Didn't McFadden need to get surgery for a dislocated toe after a bar fight before? And now this bar (of the piano variety) fight? That being said it doesnt make a difference -- will NOT affect his draft status at all.