PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush Scandal About to Break...

bsaza2358
01-10-2008, 01:30 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/allthingstrojan/2008/01/bush-book-upon.html

If half of the stuff in this article is true, then he's in some doo doo...

yourfavestoner
01-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Yeah, he's ******.

Blatz
01-10-2008, 01:45 PM
You would think a publication like the LA Times would at least edit some of the poor grammar out of the article.

but on to the important thing...Bush is screwed if any of this is true, and if it is, he should pay for it. I will lose a lot of respect for him.

01-10-2008, 01:49 PM
Its still just all rumors with no proven evidence to back up these allegations..

Twiddler
01-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Holy ****. That's some pretty deep stuff. Doesn't look too good for Reggie at all if any of this turns out to be true. To me I took it as all rumors but the part that really got me was the 484 calls between Bush, his stepdad and Lake.

diabsoule
01-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Yeah, he's screwed. Hope the Saints could recoup that draft pick.

SuperKevin
01-10-2008, 02:07 PM
The worst that would happen in my opinion is that he'd lose his Heisman Trophy. Not that big of a deal to a guy making millions in my opinion

Turtlepower
01-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Hoesntly, how realiable can a jaded, ex-criminal be?

DChess
01-10-2008, 02:23 PM
sucks, but honestly, whats the big deal if he takes money, i know its against the rules but it doesn't help the athlete what so ever. i could care less what college athletes do in their own time, as long as it doesn't effect the game its fine by me

TigerBait45
01-10-2008, 02:23 PM
More like USC is in trouble.

Whats the worst that could happen to Reggie Bush? His reputation takes a huge hit I guess, but its not like hes going to see jailtime or anything.

WMD
01-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Vince Young should've won that Heisman in the first place!

DChess
01-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Vince Young should've won that Heisman in the first place!

after the natl championship game: yes
regular season: no

soybean
01-10-2008, 02:37 PM
More like USC is in trouble.

Whats the worst that could happen to Reggie Bush? His reputation takes a huge hit I guess, but its not like hes going to see jailtime or anything.

"The good news for Trojan fans is that there is limited evidence showing that USC had knowledge of any impropriety."

sucka. enjoy your last BCS title this decade.

DaBear89
01-10-2008, 02:45 PM
the more serious **** for USC seems to be directly related to Pete Carroll. maybe that's why he's interested in the ATL job

jkpigskin
01-10-2008, 02:50 PM
after the natl championship game: yes
regular season: no

ditto
and the article comparing this to OJ? come on, bush didnt kill a human being

cgrsly57
01-10-2008, 02:50 PM
"The book's case against Bush is built heavily on the testimony of one man, Lloyd Lake, who is at the center of the controversy. Lake, a convicted felon."

The testimony of a convicted felon doesnt inspire a lot of confidence and who cares anyway. It didnt have anything to do with his performance on the field.

andyjo672
01-10-2008, 05:12 PM
ditto

They're not comparing what Reggie did to OJ at all. They're saying Reggie would lose his Heisman, which is huge considering OJ still has his. Learn how to read.

Thunder&Lightning
01-10-2008, 06:57 PM
The worst that would happen in my opinion is that he'd lose his Heisman Trophy. Not that big of a deal to a guy making millions in my opinion

agree it is not like this gave him an advantage in his performance.

not that he had a great reputation in my eyes for him anyway but this doesnt tarnish it alot for me. things like bush not working out with the team is what makes me think less of him... he is just not a team guy.

TigerBait45
01-10-2008, 07:36 PM
"The good news for Trojan fans is that there is limited evidence showing that USC had knowledge of any impropriety."

sucka. enjoy your last BCS title this decade.

"Lack of institutional control" is the name of the game here. Whether or not the university knew what was going on, they could still be slapped with that, I think. I seem to remember that happening to Alabama, although I may well be mistaken.

soybean
01-10-2008, 08:10 PM
They're not comparing what Reggie did to OJ at all. They're saying Reggie would lose his Heisman, which is huge considering OJ still has his. Learn how to read.

there's a basis behind reggie losing his heisman, which is getting improper benefits while playing at SC.

OJ while he probably murdered nicole brown and ron goldman didn't defy any ncaa regulations while attending SC. (said tongue-in-cheek)

andyjo672
01-10-2008, 08:16 PM
there's a basis behind reggie losing his heisman, which is getting improper benefits while playing at SC.

OJ while he probably murdered nicole brown and ron goldman didn't defy any ncaa regulations while attending SC. (said tongue-in-cheek)

So we're in agreement...I was pointing out to someone who said they couldn't believe they were comparing OJ to Bush which the article clearly didn't do.

TCU
01-10-2008, 10:11 PM
i hate reggie bush more than most everyone, but to this i say i dont care, he can keep his title, he can keep his heisman and all the other awards. When is college players accepting cash a new thing? It goes on everywhere and i dont care. All i care about is on the field and this is not on the field cheating, if it was some sort of performance enhancer then i would care as should everyone else but for taking some $$$$$ who cares.

Billingsley26
01-10-2008, 10:17 PM
ditto

neither did OJ.

andyjo672
01-10-2008, 10:19 PM
neither did OJ.

Yes he did. And DONT say innocent until proven guilty.

keylime_5
01-10-2008, 10:30 PM

OJ killed someone (unofficially) and got into trouble just recently....but at least he was eligible during his time and USC and (as far as we know) a clean guy who didn't break any NCAA rules. Not comparing him to Reggie or anything, but this is about having a player who wasn't eligible during 2 national championship seasons and forfeiting all the games he played in and surrendering his awards, not how good of a citizen he was after college.

Billingsley26
01-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Yes he did. And DONT say innocent until proven guilty.

so let me ask you this. in this country, im pretty sure we'll all agree that a man does jail time for killing a person. how much jail time did oj do for killing nicole?

andyjo672
01-10-2008, 11:08 PM
so let me ask you this. in this country, im pretty sure we'll all agree that a man does jail time for killing a person. how much jail time did oj do for killing nicole?

The real question is how much jail time SHOULD have he done?

andyjo672
01-10-2008, 11:11 PM
OJ killed someone (unofficially) and got into trouble just recently....but at least he was eligible during his time and USC and (as far as we know) a clean guy who didn't break any NCAA rules. Not comparing him to Reggie or anything, but this is about having a player who wasn't eligible during 2 national championship seasons and forfeiting all the games he played in and surrendering his awards, not how good of a citizen he was after college.

I'm not arguing that at all...I was merely pointing out to somone who said "I can't believe they're comparing what Reggie did to what OJ did," that that wasn't the intention of the article mentioning OJ. The article merely referenced the fact that OJ still has his, and this poster than said, "I can't believe they're comparing them."

Billingsley26
01-10-2008, 11:11 PM
The real question is how much jail time SHOULD have he done?

shoulda, coulda woulda, but DIDNT!

thats the bottom line. There are no what ifs, or shoulda's in life. He was either guilty or innocent.

andyjo672
01-10-2008, 11:17 PM

thats the bottom line. There are no what ifs, or shoulda's in life. He was either guilty or innocent.

That's not true at all, someone can be innocent and be FOUND guilty, in the same way someone can be guilty and be FOUND innocent. Big difference. The evidence was overwhelming in favor of the prosecution, the jurors had an agenda and the media hoopla surrounding the case made it more of a public spectacle/racial confrontation that a true trial.

Ewing
01-10-2008, 11:25 PM
Looks like the Heisman might go to the person who deserved it in the first place.

andyjo672
01-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Looks like the Heisman might go to the person who deserved it in the first place.

If they did take it away, do you think they would give it to the runner-up (vince) or just not have a winner listed for that year?

Ewing
01-10-2008, 11:30 PM

So you don't find it the least bit fishy that 90 percent of everyone with a ton of money is ruled innocent? Phil Spector CONFESSED at the scene of the crime and he's still not in prison. I guess he was confessing to a crime that only happened in a dream. Grow up and realize not everybody gets the correct sentence.

yourfavestoner
01-10-2008, 11:42 PM

This is the most inane logic I've ever heard.

So there are never mistakes in the legal system? No loopholes? What about people who are found guilty but really are innocent?

P-L
01-10-2008, 11:45 PM
Taking away his Heisman is the stupidest thing ever.

01-10-2008, 11:52 PM
Ill still remember what Reggie accomplished either way, it is sad if he gets punished while countless others go unnoticed.

Sportsfan486
01-10-2008, 11:55 PM
If they did take it away, do you think they would give it to the runner-up (vince) or just not have a winner listed for that year?

Obviously it would go to the runner-up. ...obviously.

Who friggin' cares? Oh noes, the kid got paid for being a superstar and making USC rich. Damn him!

It's not like he killed someone, stole, did drugs.. ANYTHING. People gave him stuff for being great. WHY DO WE CARE?

ncst8fan83
01-11-2008, 12:00 AM
We care because, like it or not, it's AGAINST THE RULES. USC used an ineligible player and may have to forfeit all games he played in. That's HUGE and that's why people should care. This isn't a debate on whether players should get paid...this is about a player who decided he either wouldn't get caught or if he did he would be bigger than whoever made the rules. I could honestly care less about the rule he broke, but that doesn't change the fact that he was ineligible.

Hawk
01-11-2008, 12:21 AM

They had no problem convicting him in civil court for wrongful death, and he was paying Nicole Brown's family 33 million, therefore in debt which led to him trying to sell of his memorabilia.

JayP
01-11-2008, 01:10 AM
Its still just all rumors with no proven evidence to back up these allegations..

Here sir, are your smoking guns.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=Augy4rivPOh8vInXTVkuQyo5nYcB?slug=ys-bushdocuments011008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

But herein lies the interesting dilemma...say the stack of card falls, Bush is ruled retroactively ineligible, and the games from 2004 and 2005 have to be forfeited. The Heisman committee strips Bush of his Heisman and the BSC yanks USC's 2004 NC.

Where does that leave Matt Leinart?

I know he had nothing to do with the cheating, but Bush's gaffe could make him the first Heisman winner in history to not have a single victory in his Heisman winning year.

A forfeit is a forfeit after all.

soybean
01-11-2008, 11:22 AM
I don't think they will get their wins stripped/forfeited. It's just too much trouble for the ncaa to handle.

KRS1
01-11-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm bummed for my Trojans and for San Diego. It's was great to see Reggie kill it for my team and my hometown but now he's just a disgrace. If all this evidence is true they should rip his Hiesman. I hope that if USC had no involvment or knowledge the NCAA doesn't punish them too badly.

JayP
01-11-2008, 01:01 PM
I don't think they will get their wins stripped/forfeited. It's just too much trouble for the ncaa to handle.

I don't think they have much of a choice. You have a player who was clearly receiving improper benefits playing and helping his team to a NC win and another NC appearance. The process should be simple....record books show the games as forfeits, and the wins and losses are subtracted from USC's all time total.

If the NCAA does nothing, then everyone should start paying their players as much as the school can afford. The bidding wars will get quite interesting and would quickly make a difference with the haves and have nots of NCAA football.

andyjo672
01-11-2008, 03:09 PM
I don't think they have much of a choice. You have a player who was clearly receiving improper benefits playing and helping his team to a NC win and another NC appearance. The process should be simple....record books show the games as forfeits, and the wins and losses are subtracted from USC's all time total.

If the NCAA does nothing, then everyone should start paying their players as much as the school can afford. The bidding wars will get quite interesting and would quickly make a difference with the haves and have nots of NCAA football.

You're making it seem as though USC had direct knowledge and involvement in the process. That's not necessarily true from what the evidence is showing.

Ewing
01-11-2008, 03:21 PM

They would if it was some nobody like New Mexico State or East Carolina but because it's a powerhouse and located in one the world's largest media markets I doubt they do it to USC.

bwillie26
01-11-2008, 06:43 PM

Oklahoma says different.

SuperKevin
01-11-2008, 06:46 PM
Imagine if the NCAA handed down another Death Penalty to USC. How funny would that be

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
01-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Imagine if the NCAA handed down another Death Penalty to USC. How funny would that be

Incredibly. No, ridiculously funny.

The Unseen
01-11-2008, 07:16 PM

I wish I could have as much faith in the government as you do.

Or not...

soybean
01-12-2008, 01:19 AM
Oklahoma says different.

so if they get their wins taken away is oklahoma named bcs+ap national champs? for that year?

im pretty sure not only SC fans would be pissed about that.

TigerBait45
01-12-2008, 02:31 AM
They had to forfeit the 04 season, right?

..Would they give it to Auburn? Or would they just like..not have a champ that year?