PDA

View Full Version : Jacob Hester, FB/RB, LSU

Patriots16-0
01-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Hey people, I saw this guy playing at the National Championship and liked him. If you watched the game on Fox you probably saw the Matt Flynn quote about him: "He runs, He catches, He tackles". Any thoughts on him?

Turtlepower
01-10-2008, 03:34 PM
I can see him as a special teamer... But nothing more.

wingboy2999
01-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Short yardage back since he doesn't seem to go down initially.

'cuse-213
01-10-2008, 03:49 PM
I want him to be a jet.

BeerBaron
01-10-2008, 04:04 PM
i could see him being a short yardage back who also moves around situationally into FB And H-back. probably also a good special teamer.

if hes drafted, it probably won't be till late though....

terribletowel39
01-10-2008, 04:08 PM
this is probably the LSU homer in me, but i haven't really seen anything that hasn't shown me he can't be an effective RB in a two back system. he is a football player and plays the game the way it was meant to be played. hard nosed. smack you in the chops style runner. he can be used in multiple ways.

Gi-15
01-10-2008, 04:37 PM
this is probably the LSU homer in me, but i haven't really seen anything that hasn't shown me he can't be an effective RB in a two back system. he is a football player and plays the game the way it was meant to be played. hard nosed. smack you in the chops style runner. he can be used in multiple ways.

Thats it. He'd be a perfect successor to Deuce in NO, splitting with Bush. plus he's a local kid.

bored of education
01-10-2008, 04:47 PM
4th-7th round pick.

Patriots16-0
01-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Now I got an conclusion: This guy can be a 2nd round pick or a UDFA.

nhlkdog411
01-10-2008, 05:25 PM
it really depends on how he runs and tests at the combine.....some people think he could do as low as the high 4.4s (which he ran at a nike combine or allstar game coming out of highschool) while others are predicting a 4.6.

keylime_5
01-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Not gonna be a first day pick. I liked him as a college runner, but as a pro not so much. Seems like he'll be a 6th or 7th round pick....also seems like he's a guy who will get picked up by New England as a free agent in about 3 years and get a few 100 yard games.

aheineken
01-11-2008, 12:12 PM
He'll be a utility player in the NFL, but he will find his way onto a roster and have a long career. Like Matt Flynn basically said, he's a jack of all trades. He can run, catch, block, and tackle. I see him mostly being used as a 3rd down back, H-back, and special teamer. I don't think he'll ever be a feature back, but he'll make an impact. If Brian Leonard can go in the 2nd, Hester can easily go in the 3rd-5th range.

Shane P. Hallam
01-11-2008, 12:26 PM
I think he should play a FB role, but a lot more versatile. Basically what Leonard was supposed to be.

Rich Jr
01-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Thats it. He'd be a perfect successor to Deuce in NO, splitting with Bush. plus he's a local kid.Pierre Thomas?

EdReedUnstoppable
01-11-2008, 01:22 PM
I think he could be very effective if used along with a small faster RB in a "Thunder/Lightning" kinda thing. He runs with very good power and he is a horse to bring down!

Flyboy
01-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Pierre Thomas?

Yeah, PT definitely needs a chance to do more damage. When given opportunities, he's been damned good -- I'm not willing to say he's "our guy" (with Bush being the x-factor all over the field much like in his rookie year), however, PT needs to be on the field. Although, I hear there is a good chance that we're looking to draft a RB in the higher rounds again (my guess would be 3rd or 4th) so I think the RB depth position is going to be Bush/PT/"insert rookie". I don't see Aaron Stecker being with the team and it's going to be interesting to see what happens with Deuce.

terribletowel39
01-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Yeah, PT definitely needs a chance to do more damage. When given opportunities, he's been damned good -- I'm not willing to say he's "our guy" (with Bush being the x-factor all over the field much like in his rookie year), however, PT needs to be on the field. Although, I hear there is a good chance that we're looking to draft a RB in the higher rounds again (my guess would be 3rd or 4th) so I think the RB depth position is going to be Bush/PT/"insert rookie". I don't see Aaron Stecker being with the team and it's going to be interesting to see what happens with Deuce.
and he has a good 'nawlins bayou name as well.