8 ) Baltimore Ravens Malcolm Jenkins | Cornerback | Ohio State
9) Cincinnati Bengals Sedrick Ellis | Defensive Tackle | Southern California
10) New Orleans Saints Keith Rivers | Outside Linebacker | Southern California
11) Buffalo Bills Adarius Bowman | Wide Receiver | Oklahoma State
12) Denver Broncos James Laurinaitis | Inside Linebacker | Ohio State
13) Carolina Panthers Ryan Clady | Offensive Tackle | Boise State
14) Chicago Bears Brian Brohm | Quarterback | Louisville
15) Detroit Lions Gosder Cherilus | Offensive Tackle | Boston College
16) Arizona Cardinals Calais Campbell | Defensive End | Miami (FL)
17) Minnesota Vikings Kenny Phillips | Safety | Miami (FL)
18 ) Houston Texans Jonathan Stewart | Running Back | Oregon
19) Philadelphia Eagles Leodis McKelvin | Cornerback | Troy
20) Tampa Bay Buccaneers DeSean Jackson | Wide Receiver | California
21) Washington Redskins Derrick Harvey | Defensive End | Florida
22) Dallas Cowboys (f/CLE) Rashard Mendenhall | Running Back | Illinois
23) Seattle Seahawks Jeff Otah | Offensive Tackle | Pittsburgh
24) Pittsburgh Steelers Roy Schuening | Offensive Guard | Oregon State
25) Tennessee Titans Lawrence Jackson | Defensive End | Southern California
26) New York Giants Sam Baker | Offensive Tackle | Southern California
27) San Diego Chargers Quentin Groves | Outside Linebacker | Auburn
28 ) Jacksonville Jaguars Early Doucet | Wide Receiver | Louisiana State
29) Green Bay Packers Antoine Cason | Cornerback | Arizona
30) San Francisco 49ers (f/IND) Malcolm Kelly | Wide Receiver | Oklahoma
31) Dallas Cowboys Aquib Talib | Cornerback | Kansas

T-RICH49
01-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Herm has already stated we will NOT draft a QB in the 1st rd let alone day 1.Sedric Ellis or Malcolm Jenkins are better picks for KC

Turtlepower
01-10-2008, 03:51 PM
I love the Sam Baker pick for the Giants. I think that it would extremely help our offense to move Diehl back inside and drafting Baker allows us to do that. Plus, Eli has never had a great LT to protect him and make him feel good.

Jensen
01-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Give the Cardinals Kenny Phillips there.

Ewing
01-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Why in the blue hell would the Titans pick Lawrence Jackson with Malcolm Kelly still on the board? We need wide receivers by FAR more than any other position and Kelly is arguably the best in the whole class.

Bills2083
01-10-2008, 04:32 PM
If that scenario were to happen for Buffalo, I would be mad.
There really is no right choice there, because no position of need for us, is good value.
We don't have Marv to go for reaches for anymore, so I'm really not sure what we would do there.

This one has me stumped. Maybe Laurinaitis?

GaMeTiMe
01-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Why in the blue hell would the Titans pick Lawrence Jackson with Malcolm Kelly still on the board? We need wide receivers by FAR more than any other position and Kelly is arguably the best in the whole class.

Because you've constantly ignored the DE position despite it being a need for the past few years, are likely losing Haynesworth off the line (of course Jackson isn't a DT, but you need to keep the line strong overall), and have drafted a plethora of receivers over the past few seasons.

I know none of the receivers have really become a true #1 receiver in the league, but 1) they can all use at LEAST another year, 2) Vince Young doesn't really thrive when it comes to getting his receivers the ball, and 3) While LenDale, Chris Brown and Chris Henry aren't the greatest backs in the world, the three of them combined with Young obviously make your game plan geared towards staying on the ground.

Give Roby, Brandon Jones, Roydell/Paul Williams, and Chris Davis another year. There's no use throwing another rookie on top of that pile, along with Moulds and Gage. That's 7 receivers right there, no use in adding 8 even if a few of the less talented are weeded out for next season. It'd take a hell of a weeding.

I think a WR to Tennessee is the most overblown need in the entire draft

GaMeTiMe
01-10-2008, 04:45 PM
If that scenario were to happen for Buffalo, I would be mad.
There really is no right choice there, because no position of need for us, is good value.
We don't have Marv to go for reaches for anymore, so I'm really not sure what we would do there.

This one has me stumped. Maybe Laurinaitis?

Yeah, you'd better hope Bowman works out extremely well and makes that pick worth it. I think he'll be up there somewhere because he's technically the only 'bigger' receiver other than Sweed, who'd have to really prove himself to be picked that high. But I think the Bills' #1 priority this off-season should be to help out Edwards. The line is pretty much there, the running game is up and coming, and Evans has a bit of promise, but they really need to improve after him. I know Kelly is about the same size, but I'd like to see him declare first. Unless I missed something.

Linebacker shouldn't be a problem; Crowell, Ellison and Posluszny should get the job done, no?

Bills2083
01-10-2008, 04:46 PM
^Ellison is an average backup at best.
I don't think I can name one Bills fan who doesn't think we need to upgrade the WLB position.

Ewing
01-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Because you've constantly ignored the DE position despite it being a need for the past few years, are likely losing Haynesworth off the line (of course Jackson isn't a DT, but you need to keep the line strong overall), and have drafted a plethora of receivers over the past few seasons.

KVB had twelve sacks, Antwan Odom had eight sacks and Travis LaBoy had six. That's 26 sacks from three defensive ends. We don't need another one.

I know none of the receivers have really become a true #1 receiver in the league, but 1) they can all use at LEAST another year, 2) Vince Young doesn't really thrive when it comes to getting his receivers the ball, and 3) While LenDale, Chris Brown and Chris Henry aren't the greatest backs in the world, the three of them combined with Young obviously make your game plan geared towards staying on the ground.

Yes our gameplan is ground based but there's still passing. In the Denver game the receivers and tight ends dropped EIGHT perfect passes from Vince. How is he supposed to be effective if his entire receiving core sucks?

Give Roby, Brandon Jones, Roydell/Paul Williams, and Chris Davis another year. There's no use throwing another rookie on top of that pile, along with Moulds and Gage. (Even if Moulds doesn't return, you get my point)

I'm fine with Roydell Williams and Jones as slot receivers but the rest of those guys are terrible. Roby was a complete waste of a pick and Davis is only really useful every now and then. Paul Williams didn't even see the field this season. If he can't see the field with that group in front of him then he clearly is not that good. If Kelly is there at 25 it shouldn't even be a question. He can be the number one target Vince NEEDS to succeed.

And you have just proved to me you haven't seen a single Titans game all season so I'm no longer going to waste my time picking apart your mock.

G-Men88
01-10-2008, 04:56 PM
I love the Sam Baker pick for the Giants. I think that it would extremely help our offense to move Diehl back inside and drafting Baker allows us to do that. Plus, Eli has never had a great LT to protect him and make him feel good.

I disagree. The offensive line has played well all season and when Whimper was given a chance to play when Diehl was hurt he did very well. The Giants need to get a DB in the first round. I really don't like the pick and would prefer Cason or Talib.

Giants Pride
01-10-2008, 05:16 PM

I disagree. If Reese went that way, it would only be for a guy who right away is going to be a big upgrade on Diehl. I personally don't think Sam Baker is that guy. Diehl has played as well at tackle as he ever did at guard, and his contract makes him a steal for a LT in this league. I will be disappointed if the Giants don't use at least 2 out of their first 3 picks on the defensive back 7.

Turtlepower
01-10-2008, 05:32 PM
I disagree. If Reese went that way, it would only be for a guy who right away is going to be a big upgrade on Diehl. I personally don't think Sam Baker is that guy. Diehl has played as well at tackle as he ever did at guard, and his contract makes him a steal for a LT in this league. I will be disappointed if the Giants don't use at least 2 out of their first 3 picks on the defensive back 7.

See, I am personally very high on Baker and think that he is a franchise LT. Most of his knocks are on his size (6'5) and his play this year (injured). He has better footwork than everyone else in this draft and I still believe he is much closer to Long as an OT prospect than people give him credit for. As for Diehl, at the beginning of the season he showed a lot of promise, but the more he has played the more he regresses. I think he is an admirable LT, but he was much better at guard and bringing in a LT and moving Diehl back inside balances out our line much more. I think it all comes down to rating Baker as a prospect and I still think he is a top-10 prospect, juniors included.

Giants Pride
01-10-2008, 06:35 PM
See, I am personally very high on Baker and think that he is a franchise LT. Most of his knocks are on his size (6'5) and his play this year (injured). He has better footwork than everyone else in this draft and I still believe he is much closer to Long as an OT prospect than people give him credit for. As for Diehl, at the beginning of the season he showed a lot of promise, but the more he has played the more he regresses. I think he is an admirable LT, but he was much better at guard and bringing in a LT and moving Diehl back inside balances out our line much more. I think it all comes down to rating Baker as a prospect and I still think he is a top-10 prospect, juniors included.

I disagree on Diehl regressing. Every now and then a speed rusher blows him off the ball, but that happens to pretty much every tackle. In the running game/screen game he is probably one of the best pulling tackles in the league and on a number of occasions I have noticed him setting up a key block (he had a really nice block on the jacobs TD catch last week). The one major weakness I see in his game is that he isnt a very powerful inline blocker but that is just as big a problem when he is playing guard. Seubert has stepped in the oline hasn't missed a beat.

I don't disagree with your assessment of Baker, I just think it is unrealistic to expect any rookie LT to outplay Diehl at this point. It is 2 years already and I would say D'Brickashaw has been comparable to Diehl at best. Whimper has also looked good off the bench so there is potential there for the future. The only thing I would highly consider drafting on the OL for the Giants would be a road grading OG or OC. Basically another Snee. Other then that Seubert and Diehl have both done enough to warrant another season at their current spots, and Whimper has shown enough that we shouldn't be too concerned with finding a replacement for the future.

JT Jag
01-10-2008, 06:49 PM
I think the Jags would take Talib over Doucet, who I'm not at all excited about.

GaMeTiMe
01-10-2008, 08:07 PM
I think the Jags would take Talib over Doucet, who I'm not at all excited about.

Personally, as a Jags fan, don't you think any corner Jacksonville drafts would be a lock-in for nickelback duties? You wouldn't expect them to demote Brian Williams, would you?

I know they have a group of receivers already, but none of them stands out as a #1 and they should all be getting out of their contracts relatively soon

TitanHope
01-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Many people have problems with Tennessee going WR in the 1st RD. Some point out that we passed over Bowe and Meachem last year, so now we probably won't draft one this year. Others say we haven't drafted a WR in the 1st RD in over ten years. But all of that is in the past. We've had our new GM for a year now, and he knows what we need, so there's no telling what we'll do. Besides, both Jeff Fisher and Mike Reinfeldt have stated that we need playmakers on offense and say that acquiring players who will score TD's is a priority in the offseason.

Anyway, I have to agree with Ewing. Kyle Vanden Bosch is a Pro Bowler, and Fat Al, who is currently negotiating a long-term deal, is an All Pro/Pro Bowler. They alone make our DLine dominant, and the DE's on the other side combine for 14 sacks. But, both Odom and LaBoy are FA's. I think we'll re-sign Odom, and let LaBoy walk. This means we need a pure pass-rusher to replace LaBoy. If Odom leaves and LaBoy stays, then Jackson would be fine. But since Jackson is not the elite pass-rusher, I think he's a bad pick. Not to mention his value likely won't be good at #25.

Even without suggesting another pick, I can already diagnose Jackson as a bad pick. Then seeing Malcolm Kelly on the board makes me dislike the pick even more. Aside from Paul Williams and Chris Davis, all of our WR's are developed. Roby is off the team, and Brandon Jones and Roydell are going into their 4th seasons in the NFL. They've had plenty of time. Moulds and Gage are FA's, but hopefully Gage will be back. Nevertheless, we just need that one guy to complete our receiving corps. And of all the receivers left on the board, Kelly is the best chance to be that guy.

For next year, our WR's should go Gage, R. Williams, Kelly/Rookie WR, Jones, Davis, P. Williams. That's 6 WR's, which is perfectly suitable. Moulds is gone, Mike Williams failed, David Givens is released with an injury settlement, and Biren Ealy is on PS.

Yung Flippa
01-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Good Ravens and Texans draft.

Rich Jr
01-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Can Rivers play ILB?

brat316
01-10-2008, 08:49 PM
I don't think the Cards would pass on K. Phillips, even with Campbell there, he wouldn't really cut out in the 3-4. Also the Cards can dump Rolle, if they get Kenny.

Eagles one a cb really, as depth wise in the second or third sure but in the first i don't see it happening unless he could play safety, someone who could play close up on he line.

Steelers wouldn't Chris Williams be a better pick or Oher, here.

GaMeTiMe
01-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Even without suggesting another pick, I can already diagnose Jackson as a bad pick. Then seeing Malcolm Kelly on the board makes me dislike the pick even more. Aside from Paul Williams and Chris Davis, all of our WR's are developed. Roby is off the team, and Brandon Jones and Roydell are going into their 4th seasons in the NFL. They've had plenty of time. Moulds and Gage are FA's, but hopefully Gage will be back. Nevertheless, we just need that one guy to complete our receiving corps. And of all the receivers left on the board, Kelly is the best chance to be that guy.

For next year, our WR's should go Gage, R. Williams, Kelly/Rookie WR, Jones, Davis, P. Williams. That's 6 WR's, which is perfectly suitable. Moulds is gone, Mike Williams failed, David Givens is released with an injury settlement, and Biren Ealy is on PS.

Thanks for the input. I didn't realize how many of these players were DEFINITELY on their way out.

I don't think the Cards would pass on K. Phillips, even with Campbell there, he wouldn't really cut out in the 3-4. Also the Cards can dump Rolle, if they get Kenny.

The Cardinals need a pass rusher for the 3-4 much more than they need a safety. I don't understand how Campbell wouldn't cut out in the 3-4.

Eagles one a cb really, as depth wise in the second or third sure but in the first i don't see it happening unless he could play safety, someone who could play close up on he line.

William James is gone and didn't cut it as the nickelback anyway, especially with Lito Sheppard being as big of a health risk as he is. There NEEDS to be some depth there. A safety would be nice to groom behind Dawkins but theres no good value there. Quentin Mikell and Sean Considine aren't the greatest but hold off an extreme need for a safety in round 1.

Corner is this team's biggest need without a doubt. A safety or offensive tackle would be nice, but corner must come first.

RaiderNation
01-10-2008, 11:32 PM
good raider pick since dorsey and chirs long are gone

brat316
01-10-2008, 11:50 PM
I think OT is a bigger need, William Thomas maybe be around for a season or not 50/50. Justice can't play LT, though he might be able to play RT. Runyan is on his way out because of his salary issues. More of a chance Runyan is out, but both could be out. OT is more of a pressing need, then depth for Cb, which could be had in the second. A starting quality OT is needed. Lito has had issues staying healthy, but with 12-10 picks cb depth could be found later in the draft unlike starting OT, in the first round or two. Same with KR/PR/WR they can be found in the later rounds most returners are.

Crickett
01-10-2008, 11:52 PM

Based on WHAT is wide receiver to Tennessee the most overblown need in the entire draft? How many passes have Titans WR's dropped? How many times have Vince Young dropped back to pass, look down the field and find nobody open? And then after five seconds of desperately scanning the field, looking for SOMEONE, ANYONE to throw to, either running or getting sacked? IMO, Tennessee needs a wide receiver like Houston needed an offensive linemen for so many years.

thebow305
01-11-2008, 01:06 AM
Not a big fan of Long, Gholston or Dorsey would be better I think.

Vikes99ej
01-11-2008, 01:49 AM
Simply beautiful Vikings pick. Goodbye Dwight Smith.

PossumBoy9
01-11-2008, 02:03 AM
With Chris Long off the board, I'd prefer Gholston at #2 for St. Louis.

No offense to Jake Long, who's certainly solid, but I don't want him at #2 overall, particularly with Orlando Pace & Alex Barron on the roster.

TitanHope
01-11-2008, 07:31 AM
Thanks for the input. I didn't realize how many of these players were DEFINITELY on their way out.

Well, I guess I didn't realize how many of our 26 year old WR's were finally going to develop into great WR's next season. May I suggest you learn to handle criticism better? You just had two Titans fans explain to you why the pick is bad, and now another neutral poster saying WR is a need also. And if you really think you're right, prove it to us. Your entire argument is circumstantial in thinking both DE's will need to be replaced and that the WR's will have improved greatly, while ours is not since we know we can put anyone opposite of KVB/Fat Al and he will do well and that our WR's have spent a long time in the league.

Yeah, I may not know who's staying and who isn't for a fact, but since I keep up with my team more than you do by reading press conferences and interviews, I think it's safe to assume that my predictions will be better than yours. To dismiss Ewing and my opinion would be foolish.

bigmac076
01-11-2008, 08:56 AM
I'll take Mendenhall, he'd look great in a Dallas uni

EdReedUnstoppable
01-11-2008, 09:01 AM
Amazing pick for the Ravens!!

GaMeTiMe
01-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Well, I guess I didn't realize how many of our 26 year old WR's were finally going to develop into great WR's next season. May I suggest you learn to handle criticism better? You just had two Titans fans explain to you why the pick is bad, and now another neutral poster saying WR is a need also. And if you really think you're right, prove it to us. Your entire argument is circumstantial in thinking both DE's will need to be replaced and that the WR's will have improved greatly, while ours is not since we know we can put anyone opposite of KVB/Fat Al and he will do well and that our WR's have spent a long time in the league.

Yeah, I may not know who's staying and who isn't for a fact, but since I keep up with my team more than you do by reading press conferences and interviews, I think it's safe to assume that my predictions will be better than yours. To dismiss Ewing and my opinion would be foolish.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I was seriously thanking you for your input, and seriously stating that I didn't realize that so many of your receivers were sure things to leave Tennessee.

I understand how you took that as sarcasm, especially because not that many people are actually open to constructive criticism.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, haha. But I was being serious and thanking you, not being an asshole.

GaMeTiMe
01-11-2008, 11:55 AM
I think OT is a bigger need, William Thomas maybe be around for a season or not 50/50. Justice can't play LT, though he might be able to play RT. Runyan is on his way out because of his salary issues. More of a chance Runyan is out, but both could be out. OT is more of a pressing need, then depth for Cb, which could be had in the second. A starting quality OT is needed. Lito has had issues staying healthy, but with 12-10 picks cb depth could be found later in the draft unlike starting OT, in the first round or two. Same with KR/PR/WR they can be found in the later rounds most returners are.

In the unlikely event that Thomas AND Runyan leave this off-season, then yes, OT would probably be our #1 priority. However, the more likely scenario is that only one of them leave if any, which would put Justice in the position to start, and possibly even in a battle with Todd Herremans (in that case, Max-Jean Gilles or a draft pick at guard would start at LG).

I think we have a handful of options at tackle already on the roster, while we have only two solid corners and not much behind them (Joselio Hansen isn't ready to be the NB in my opinion). Depth is definitely needed at tackle, I can't argue that, but corner should come first

TitanHope
01-12-2008, 12:11 AM
I wasn't being sarcastic. I was seriously thanking you for your input, and seriously stating that I didn't realize that so many of your receivers were sure things to leave Tennessee.

I understand how you took that as sarcasm, especially because not that many people are actually open to constructive criticism.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, haha. But I was being serious and thanking you, not being an asshole.

Oh... well, then I apologize that I went off on ya then^^" Subtlety isn't something I catch easily...

And not many WR's should be leaving. Just Moulds likely, as he signed a one year deal, and Mike Williams, though Fisher has said that BMW's fate in Tennessee will be decided by his offseason workout program.

In fact, the only WR's currently slated to hit FA are Moulds and Gage. And if both leave, I don't see how we don't address WR in the Draft or FA. But, I have no clue what's gonna happen. Thats what stinks about having a former cap supervisor for your GM... -_-"

TyronePoole38
01-12-2008, 09:13 AM

Steelers wouldn't Chris Williams be a better pick or Oher, here.

Why would the Cards dump Rolle if they picked Phillips ? Phillips would be the FS while Rolle is a CB :confused:

TyronePoole38
01-12-2008, 09:17 AM

The only way the Titans don't draft a WR in the 1st IMO is if they land Berrian in FA or trade for a WR, and even then they could still draft a WR in the 1st.

DiG
01-12-2008, 09:45 AM
terrible redskins pick. give us otah if he is available. if otahs gone then potentialy ike or lawrence or merling.

Patriots16-0
01-12-2008, 09:49 AM
I liked the Pats pick. It's very nice. Yacksmash.