PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Coordinator Search

PalmerToCJ
01-11-2008, 11:55 AM
As I see it here are the favorites...

1. Rex Ryan - By far the favorite, seems the team is waiting on him to see what he does first and if the Ravens will let him interview.

2. Mike Zimmer - Falcons old DC, only guy I know of that has interviewed. In my eyes he's probably the most likely candidate as I don't see Ryan happening.

3. Kevin Coyle - Secondary coach, more of a backup plan I think. Surely hope he won't, not that I don't think he could do it but more because I think we need new blood leading the defense.

Supposedly we were denied permission to interview Tim Lewis by Carolina and I'm not really dissapointed.

I'll be happy with Ryan obviously and Zimmer seems like a good hire as well. Either of them will be a step in the right direction.

bored of education
01-11-2008, 04:15 PM
What about someone like Jim Schwartz or Chuck Cecil?

bored of education
01-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Pepper Johnson

PalmerToCJ
01-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Schwartz would be SWEET but I believe he's still under contract with the Titans, if he's no hired as a HC no chance we get him.

Cecil would be interesting, don't know a thing about the guy but he's been successful with his secondaries despite not having big names (minus Pacman).

I wouldn't be against a guy like Johnson or Cecil because they come from great D's and it is an out of the organization hire. I'd rather have one of them than some washed up DC.

I still think it's Zimmer or Ryan unless someone else appears.