PDA

View Full Version : Ellis vs. Okoye

stretch14
01-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Who do you think was a better prospect coming out of college and who do you think will have a better NFL career. I would include Dorsey but pretty much no brainer that he would have been taken over Okoye last year. But between Ellis and Okoye i was wondering what everyone thinks. Personally if it wasn't for Okoye's age which i think made him higher on peoples boards when it shouldn't have I think Ellis is a better prospect at DT. What you think?

terribletowel39
01-11-2008, 01:11 PM
i would agree with you. i think both Dorsey and Ellis get picked over Okoye if they were in the same draft. i'm an LSU fan and i still admit the gap between Ellis and Dorsey is slim if at all. they both are fantastic and kinda the same person almost.

PACKmanN
01-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Ellis, at his age he physically more powerful, and mentally more matured.

jetsfan0099
01-12-2008, 12:05 PM
I really liked Okoye, being only 19 years old when he was drafted, and how smart he was, and just the overall potential in him. He had a really good rookie season also. Okoye is going to be a star in the NFL. I like Ellis too, he is really built for being short. He looks like he is 325 pounds, but really he is probaly around 6-1 315.
Glenn Dorsey reminds me of Warren Sapp, the way Dorsey plays, the energy he brings, the leadership. The way he pumps up his teammates with making big plays. I would take Dorsey over all of them. He is just a beast! When healthy, though his knees scare me off a bit.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-12-2008, 12:08 PM
I think Ellis is a better prospect than Dorsey is.
I also dont get how Ellis is short hes about the same heigth as Dorsey and Sapp.

Its Ya Boy
01-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Ellis, at his age he physically more powerful, and mentally more matured.

i dont know if hes mentally more mature, just cause hes older. Okoye went through a lot and if you saw that special hes on "Okoye Time" he seems quite mature to me, however id take Okoye based on one thing, his upside was so high, isnt that why you draft some high, cause the ceiling is high and they could reach it? Hes gonna be a good player, but he needs some time. unless Ellis comes in runnin a tommie harris 4.6

elcapitan
01-12-2008, 12:26 PM
I remember when Okoye was coming out there were a lot of questions regarding his weight. At the time of the draft he was at 290, and during the season he was around 280 give or take; so people wondered if that was his maximum playing weight even though he was only 19. Also, from what I've seen, Okoye played with a higher motor at Louisville than Ellis currently does at SC, and both as prospects have size questions. I believe it'd go like this ...

1. Dorsey
2. Okoye
3. Ellis

stretch14
01-12-2008, 04:16 PM
I don't agree with that. I have read numerous sources including this site that Ellis has a non-stop motor. He never seems to stop he plays ever down like it's his last.

jetsfan0099
01-12-2008, 04:27 PM
I think Ellis is a better prospect than Dorsey is.
I also dont get how Ellis is short hes about the same heigth as Dorsey and Sapp.

Did I ever say that Dorsey and Sapp aren't short?? Ellis looks like he is 6-0. When I see him he looks huge but short, he isn't what you would call tall.

Patriots16-0
01-12-2008, 04:59 PM
The Dorsey-Ellis situation reminds me of last year's Branch-Okoye.

01-12-2008, 05:02 PM

Except this time both guys are top 5 talents.

wingboy2999
01-12-2008, 05:02 PM

Really? Dorsey is being talked about being a top pick. The gap seems bigger.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-12-2008, 05:13 PM
except for the fact that Okoye's an UT.Branch is a NT.And Ellis and Dorsey can play both NT and UT.

jetsfan0099
01-12-2008, 05:31 PM
except for the fact that Okoye's an UT.Branch is a NT.And Ellis and Dorsey can play both NT and UT.

I thought Branch was more of a DE in the 3-4 than a NT. And Dorsey is more of a penetrator than a NT.

Don Killuminati
01-12-2008, 06:16 PM
43 NTs can be the penetrating type of DT, so long as they have some stoutness.

oldLibid21
01-12-2008, 06:43 PM
Okoye looks to have a sky-high potential because of his age, but when it comes to being a better prospect coming out of college, Ellis has the upper hand. To who will be a better NFL player in the long run, that will be hard to figure out because it really depends on who your team mates are and the type of defensive lineman that are playing side by side with you. Look at how Mario Williams all of a sudden got really good when Houston acquired another defensive lineman to help tie up some offensive lineman inside. He drew some double teams and loosened up the trenches outside and gave Williams the opportunities that he's had to sack the quarterback.